Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
This article considers international projects as a factor in building and developing transboundary tourism-and-recreation regions. The Karelian part of the Russian-Finnish border and the adjoining areas of Russia and Finland were the model site for the study. The research aims to measure ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... cluster analysis. Identification of cross-border economic clusters in transborder region of St. petersburg, Leningrad region and Ida-Virumaa, 2008, Narva Business Advisory Services Foundation, St. Petersburg Information and Analytical Center, Synergy International Ltd, available at: http://rus. kohtla-jarve. ee/ uploads/ documents/valissuhted/projektid/2/cd/en/final.pdf (accessed 12 September 2012).
7. Project newsletter “EstRuCluster Development. Cluster development and B2B internationalization in Estonian-Russian transborder regions”, 2009, no. 2, available at: http://rus. kohtla-jarve. ee/uploads/documents/valissuhted/projektid/2/Infoletters/Rus2....
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... Region and Poland will develop a common tourist routes, available at:
. (accessed 24.01.2017). (in Russ.)
18. Information on the implementation of international projects in the field of tourism in the Republic of Karelia. The official internet-portal of the Republic of Karelia Karelia, available at:
Development/Tourism/tourproj.html#04 (accessed 14.02.2017). (in ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... partnership: some questions of the theory and practice], Mirovaja jekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija [World Economy and International Relations], no. 9, p. 41—50.
7. Varnavskiy, V. G., Korolev, V. A. 2009, Koncessionnyj mehanizm partnerstva gosudarstva ... .... 303—311.
10.Dulzon, А. А. 2014, Uspeshnost' upravlenija proektami: problemy, ocenka, vozmozhnosti [The success of the project management issues, assessment, opportunities],
Upravlenie proektami i programmami [Project and Program Management], no....
Implementation of the INTERREG program in the Kaliningrad region and neighboring countries: a brief overview
... Kaliningrad region and the border regions of Lithuania and Poland and have compared the outcomes with the results of the previous Cross-Border Cooperation (CBC) Programmes. The research has recognized the municipalities constantly participating in the projects, aimed at promoting social and economic development and strengthening international cooperation. The research objective has been to analyze and compare the results of the implementation of the CBC Programmes in different programme periods. It has singled out the tendencies in the cross-border cooperation development in ...
“Kant’s perpetual peace project in the context of modern politics” international research project
An overview of international environmental education projects in the Kaliningrad region
государственный университет им. И. Канта: официальный сайт.
European projects. Selected projects including
Tempus III selection rounds. [
] // The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). URL:
Cross-border cooperation between nongovernmental organisations in the Pomeranian and Warmian-Masurian voivodeships
..., as well as to assess their activity in attracting funding from European budgets. The article widely applies the results of surveys of NGOs conducted by the author, compares the results of performance reports submitted by these organisations within international projects, and offers the data presented in relevant publications (Euroregion Baltic documents and Phare CBC reports, Interreg IIIA and, Interreg IIIB, NMF, and Polish-Swiss Cooperation reports, as well as the data of the Central Department of Statistics)....
The Welfare State (Social State) in the Russian Federation as a Constitutional Principle and its Practical Implementation
... Hectare". Based on the conducted analysis the authors of the article have made several suggestions regarding pragmatic realization of the constitutional principle of the Welfare State (Social State), and also regarding further modernization of the existing projects of social innovations in the Russian Federation.
Salenko Alexander, Navagina Tatiana
Welfare State, Social State, maternity (family) capital, Charge-Free Far Eastern Hectare, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Russia
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... public-private partnerships, Washington, International Monetary Fund, 23 p.
38. Marks, A. T., Silverman, E. F., Borisoff, A. K. 2010. Project Finance and Public-private Partnership in the United States. In: Delmon, J., Rigby Delmon, V., aan den Rijn, A. (eds.) International Project Finance and PPPs: A Legal Guide to Key Growth Markets, p. 7—70.
39. Klijn, E.-H., Teisman, G. R. 2000, Governing Public-Private Partnerships: Analyzing and Managing the Processes and Institutional Characteristics of Public-Private Partnerships....
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... 2013, The prospects of nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor of the formation of international relations system in the region, Baltic Region, no. 2 (16), p. 22–30. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-2-3.
17. Strany ... ... obsudjat proekty novoj AJeS i sinhronizacii [A special commission of the Baltic countries to discuss new nuclear power plant projects and synchronization], 2013, 15min.lt — Žinios gyvai, available at: http://www.15min.lt/ru/article/vesti/spetsialnaja-komissija-stran-baltii-obsudjat-proektynovoj-
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
... Europe has reached the point of bifurcation. The region may become another new source of instability in Europe. Intermarium projects — a traditional object of research – have to be re-evaluated in the new political and eco¬nomic conditions. This ... ... prospects], Minsk.
4. Ushakov, N. А. 1963, Suverenitet v sovremennom mezhdunarodnom prave [Sovereignty in contemporary international law], Moscow.
5. Lloyd, D., 2002, Ideja prava [The Idea of Law.], Moscow.
6. Walzer, M. 1997, On Toleration....
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
... Region, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy_cooperate/baltic/documents_en.cfm#1 (accessed 10 March 2013).
10. Johanson, J., Vahlne, J.-E. 2003, Business Relationship Learning and Commitment in the Internationalization Process, Journal of International Entrepreneurship, no. 1, p. 83—101.
11. Pan-European corridors (Helsinki corridors), available at: http://www.mt.ro/VECHI/httpdocs/traceca/english/maps.html#a2 (accessed 22 June 2013)
12. Rail Baltica Growth Corridor, Project in brief, available at: http://www.rbgc.eu (accessed 11 March 2013).
13. Regions 2020. An Assessment of Future Challenges for EU Regions, 2008,
Commission Staff Working Document, November 2008, available at: http://ec.europa.eu (accessed 09 ...
The project method in multicultural education: Polish practices
This article analyses the results of an international project aimed at fa-miliarizing Kaliningrad teachers with the Polish multicultural education practices. The author stresses the potential of a number of methods and tech-niques, including the project method. The article addresses the teachers’ pre-paredness ...
How transcendental are Kant’s principles of public law?
... «Negativnaja mudrost'» politicheskogo Prosveshhenija [The „Negative Wisdom“ of Political Enlightenment], in: XI Kantovskie chtenija: Kantovskij proekt prosveshhenija segodnja: materialy mezhdunarodnoj konferencii [XI Kant Readings: Kant's Enlightenment Project Today: Proceedings of the International Conference]. Kaliningrad. P. 178—181. URL: kant-online. ru/?p=1693 (accessed on 18.07.2015).
5. Kant, I. 1994а, Antropologija s pragmaticheskoj tochki zrenija [Anthropology from a Pragmatical Point of View], in: Kant, I. Soch.: v 8 t....
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... Innovative Behaviour of Tourism Firms — Comparative Studies of Denmark and Spain, Research Policy, Vol. 36/1, p. 88-106.
15. Meneses, O. A. M., Teixeira, A. A. C. 2011, The innovative behaviour of tourism firms, Economics and Management Research Projects: An International Journal, Vol. 1, no. 1, p. 25—35, available at: http://webapps.fep.up.pt/oaij/index.php/EMRP_IJ/article/view/5/22 (accessed 21 September 2012).
16. Weidenfeld, A. 2013, Tourism and cross border regional innovation, Annals of Tourism Research,...
Bundles of Projective Normals of the Hyperband Distribution of an Affine Space
... Лаптев Г. Ф. Гиперповерхности в пространстве проективной связности // Докл. АН СССР. 1958. Т. 121, № 1. С. 41—44.
Popov Y. I.
distribution, subbundle, bundle, quasitensor, internal normalization, projectivity Bompiani — Pantazi, geometrical object
Russian-German research and academic cooperation in the Arctic
This article is dedicated to the stages of development of international research cooperation in the framework of research and education projects focusing on the study of marine and polar territories of the Russian Federation and the Federative Republic of Germany. The largest and most stable projects are the establishment of the Russian-German laboratory of polar and marine research named ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
... Latvia, and Estonia) from that of the major part of the EU. This task has become especially relevant after the closing of the Ignalina NPP (Lithuania), which used to be the primary energy source for the three Baltic States. The article examines key projects of the construction of new international power transmission lines in the framework of the Baltic Energy Market Interconnection Plan (BEMIP) and the prospects of the Visaginas NPP (Lithuania) in solving energy problems of the Baltic States. The author analyses Russia’s role in ...
Legal regulation of activities in the Arctic in the context of sanctions
... author, the influence of the sanction factor is exaggerated, which means further joint activities of Russia and the EU may have the same prospects.
Mikaelyan R. S.
legal regulation, the Arctic region, restrictive measures, EU, sanctions, international law, joint projects
On trends in the development of cross-border cooperation in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
... 2014. № 3 (21). P. 58—67.
Fedorow G., Korniejewiec W., Zverev Ju. Obwod Kaliningradzki // Problemy wspolpracy transgraniczney z obwodem Kaliningradzkim. Gdynia ; Peplin. 2007. P. 142—211.
Goncharova Yu. V.
municipalities, Kaliningrad region, international projects, cross-border cooperation, cross-border cooperation programs
"The Baltic University" programme on the eve of its 20th anniversary
This article is dedicated to the Baltic University programme — a unique educational project aiming at the sustainable development of the Baltic Sea region. International interuniversity cooperation facilitates intercultural communication between students and researchers, and creates new prospects for joint research, which opens up an opportunity for solving common environmental and social problems in the ...
International research seminar «Kant’s project of perpetual peace in the context of contemporary politics». Kaliningrad, April 20—22, 2012
Zilber A. S.
Developing autonomy in students in linguistics in the context of the SEAGULL international multi-language project
Tambovkina T., Rozhkova O.
International research seminar “Kant’s project of perpetual peace in the context of contemporary politics“. Kaliningrad, April 20—22, 2012
International education projects and programmes
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... duration of the programme. It is the first internationally accredited MA programme taught in English. International accreditation proves the compliance of the programme with international education standards. The same cooperation model is used in a new international master programme — Cold Regions Environmental Landscapes Integrated Science (CORELIS). The programme started in 2016. It is implemented jointly by Hamburg university (the lead partner of the project), and university professors from Helsinki (Finland) and Lisbon (Portugal). Researchers from the Austrian National Institute of Polar Research (Austria, and Lund University (Sweden) will join the programme at a later stage. Such an approach will ...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... the end of 2015, the port authority had completed five investment projects, including the modernization of th ree wharfs and a rail terminal, the development of the port infrastructure aimed to provide services to ro-ro ships. Strategically important projects for the coming years include dredging and widening of the port channel, fairways and the internal basin. Cooperation between the port and the city authorities allowed the port administration to improve road access to the port of Gdynia. The key investment project aims to link the port of Gdynia to the TriCity ring road. Apart from it, there ...
The instruments of Russia — EU research and technological co-operation in the sphere of innovations
... cooperation, cofunded by the EU and Russia, such as crossborder, trans-border, and trans-national cooperation programmes, which can contribute to innovative, scientific and technological development. The author gives an overview of large-scale Russia-EU international cooperation projects in the field of innovations and comments on the cooperation programme running until the end of 2013. Special attention is paid to a special financial tool — the Framework Programme — one of the most important tools of financial support for ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... as a conduit for Washington strategy in Europe and a cordon sanitaire. This function is implemented through the Intermarium project meant to separate Russia from the EU. The four countries are rather active in this area, striving to attain the status ... ... available at:
6. Estonian Information Board «International Security and Estonia, 2016, p. 9, available at:
Materials on the architectural and urban development history of Cranz
... and maps of 1844—1943 settlements held in the Secret Archive of Prussian heritage in Berlin remains virtually unstudied. A project used in the construction of the wooden music pavilion in the park Plantage in Cranz was found in a textbook for architects ... ... № 20. S. 88—97.
3. Fremden-Führer für Seebad Cranz mit Illustrationen nach Original-Aufnahmen des Photogr. Atelier “International” von Georg Klagemann, Cranz und Neuhäuser. Königsberg i. Pr., 1898.
4. Führer durch Cranz. Saison 1902. Königsberg ...
Crossborder and trans-border cooperation of medium-sized cities of Kaliningrad region in Baltic Sea Region
The forms of crossborder and transborder cooperation of mediumsized cities of Kaliningrad region in Baltic Sea Region are described. The
description of wto European Union’s instruments for international cooperation in Baltic Sea Region is presented. The short analysis of participation of medium-sized cities of Kaliningrad region in projects of programmes for transborder and crossborder cooperation such as Interreg III B (Baltic Sea Region Neighbourhood Programme) and Interreg III A (Lithuania-Poland-Kaliningrad region of Russian Federation) is made.
A methodology for research on international cooperation on marine environment protection: application of the Baltic Sea practices to the northern seas
... dedicated to the methodology for the study of international cooperation on marine environment protection. The author suggests applying the practices of marine environment protection in the Baltic Sea to the northern seas as well as examining earlier projects for the effective implementation of interdisciplinary initiatives bringing together international law, international relations and world politics.
1. Gorbachev, M. S. 1987. Pravda. 2 oktjabrja.
2. Kalamkarjan, R. Ja. 2006. Filosofija mezhdunarodnogo prava. Moskow.
3. Medvedev, D. A. Poslanie Prezidenta Rossii Federal'nomu sobraniju ...
The interpretation of the ideas of I. Kant’s treatise Perpetual Peace in the modern liberal democratic peace theory
... глобальный Pax democratica (гипотеза «демократического мира» в контексте альтернатив мирового развития) // Полис. 2000. № 1. С. 23—38.
perpetual peace, liberalism, international relations, democratic peace theory, legal status, republic, federation, peace project.
Salikov A. N.
The legitimation and criticism of violence in international law. A po¬litical science perspective
This article considers the practice of justification of arbitrary use of force, which poses a paradox and was not foreseen in Kant’s peace project. It is paradoxical because modern international law — unlike classical law — is aimed not at regulating wars but maintaining peace. However, the UN Charter provides for the right to self-defence before the collective resolution is adopted. Despite rather strict legal restrictions ...
Contacts with Diasporas and Diaspora Organisations as a Key to a Successful Migrant Integration Policy in the EU
We analyse European Commission and European Parliament documents — directives, communications, conclusions, recommendations — and best practices for EU member states’ international projects focusing on migrant integration in both the EU states and the countries of origin. Special emphasis is placed on the role of diasporas and the efforts taken by the EU to involve them in the integration process. We stress the need for a new supranational ...
Specific features of internationalization of higher education in the framework of the Northern Dimension
... analyzes the internationalization of universities, taking part in international cooperation in the Barents Euro-Arctic region. The case analysis focuses on the experience of Murmansk State Technical University in the Barents Cross-Border University international project implemented together with Murmansk State Pedagogical University, the oldest university in the region, specializing in the Humanities.
Larionova, M. V
(ed.). 2005. Aktual'nye voprosy razvitija obrazovanija v stranah OESR. Moscow....
Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
... countries, Tallinn, 50 p.
9. Apsite, E., Krišjāne, Z., Berzins, M. 2012, Emigration from Latvia under economic crisis conditions, International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research, Vol. 31, p. 134—138.
10. Berzins, A., Zvidrins, P. 2011, Depopulation ... ... Health Situation Among Post-Communist Members of the European Union, Pelplin.
15. The 2015 Ageing Report. Economic and budgetary projections for the 28 EU Member States (2013—2060), 2015, European economy, no. 3, p. 397.
16. The 2015 Ageing Report Economic ...
Regulation trends of international cooperation at the regional level
The article reveals major regulation trends of international cooperation at the regional level which being officially adopted are implemented
in the Kaliningrad region. Special attention is given to international agreements, involvement in international programs and projects, information for foreign economic activity and development of euroregions with Russian participation.
деятельность предприятий и организаций Калининградской ...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... Studies, vol. 37, no. 1, p. 1—22. doi:
7. Johnson, B., Sedaca, S. 2004, Diasporas, Émigrés and Development: Economic Linkages and Programmatic Responses. In: A Special Study of the U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Trade Enhancement for the Services Sector (TESS) Project, available at:
8. Kuznetsov, Y. 2010, From Brain Drain to Brain Circulation? How Countries Can Draw on Their Talent Abroad, World Bank Institute, Presentation at the conference ...
XI Kant Readings
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University announces the XI International Kant Readings “Kantian Project of Enlightenment Today”, dedicated to Kant’s 290th anniversary and to 230th anniversary of his widely influential essay “Answering the Question: What is Enlightenment?”
The Organizing Committee
A regional level of integration processes: the opportunities for public-private partnership (the case of entrepresneurship)
... cooperation between business and authorities with regard to integration. The article describes specific practices of implementing PPP projects within foreign economic activity and attraction of foreign investors. The author formulates the priority tasks of developing ... ... … д-ра экон. наук. М., 2010.
Borodavkina N. Yu.
integration processes, public-private partnership (PPP), international practices of integration and PPP, entrepreneurship.
International legal protection of marine environment from vessel-source pollution
... Pourzanjani M. et al. PSSA in the Baltic Sea: Present Situation and Future Possibilities : monograph // Research Brief. Baltic Master Project.2007. URL: http://www.balticmaster.org/media/files/general_files_706.pdf (дата обращения: 14.06.2014).
... ... среды с судов. М., 1986.
16. Boyle A. E. Marine Pollution under the Law of the Seas Convention // American Journal of International Law. 1985, Vol. 79, № 2. P. 347—372.
17. Kachel M. J. Particularly Sensitive Sea Areas: the IMO's Role in ...
“The Turn towards Ontology” in Russian Neo-Kantianism in the Late 1910s and Early 1920s (Lev Salagov and Nikolai Boldyrev)
... the concepts of Russian Neo-Kantians, which imply a new orientation towards ontology, are fairly independent, and not only on account of the original interpretation of Kantian critical philosophy and Neo-Kantian epistemology, but also on account of internal discussion with the Russian philosophers belonging to other movements (for example, intuitivists). The analysis of the onto-epistemological projects of Russian Neo-Kantians makes important additions to the picture of the reception of Neo-Kantianism in Russia.
Boldyrev, N. V., 1922. Being and Knowledge, Intuition and Reason. Ontological Motives of Critical Philosophy. Mysl. Zhurnal ...
English and Russian evaluative adverbs
... Ляшевская О. Н. Частотный словарь современного русского языка (на материалах Национального корпуса русского языка). М., 2009. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.02.2018).
14. Baccianella S., Esuli A., Sebastiani F. SentiWordNet 3.0: An Enhanced Lexical Resource for Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining // Proceedings of the 7
Conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC, 2010. URL:
(дата обращения 25.02.2019).
15. Budanitsky A., Hirst G. Semantic Distance in WordNet // Workshop on WordNet ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
... sostojanija proektov i programm mezhregional'nogo prigranichnogo sotrudnichestva [Development of methodology for evaluation of projects and programs, inter-border cooperation],
Regional'naja jekonomika: teorija i praktika, no. 6, p. 2—8.
5. Vardomskij,... ..., Rossijskoe porubezh'e v uslovijah globalizacii, Moscow, Knizhnyj dom «Librokom», 216 p.
Bazhenov Yuri, Podshuvejt Olga
international economic cooperation, international trade, cross-border cooperation, adjacent areas, interregional cooperation, ...
The Philosophy of Vasily Sesemann and Marburg Neo-Kantianism
... 2. / pod red. V. N. Brushinkina [X Kantian reading. Classic minds and challenges of modern civilization. Proceedings of the international conference in 2 hours.
2. T. / ed. V. N. Bryushinkin]. Kaliningrad, p. 7—24.
2. Belov V. N. 2010 (b), Uchenije ... .... 237—251.
44. Pietras A. 2012 (a), Karla Jaspersa postneokantowski projekt metafizyki [Karl Jaspers’s post-neo-kantian project of the metaphysics] // Kwartalnik Filozoficzny [Philoso-phical Quarterly]. № 4, p. 25—40.
45. Pietras A. 2012 (б),...