Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
Innovative activities underpin the economic development and competitiveness of Russian regions. This article seeks to compare the innovation performance of Russia’s north-western regions, which are among the most progressive in the country, and their available ...
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
This article considers the research and technological potential and the innovative activity in a specific region of Russia — the Kaliningrad region. The authors assess its research and technological potential, and the achieved level of innovative activity in the Kaliningrad region as prerequisites necessary for the implementation ...
Assessment of Innovation and Investment Activity in the Region
The concept of regional innovation system builds upon prospective innovation and takes into account the subsystem generating the knowledge that regulates the context and enterprises in regional innovation activity. This article considers the importance of innovation-investment activity evaluation for the construction of regional innovation systems, technological development of the economy, more efficient knowledge distribution,
and the formation of competitive ...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
Innovative activity is carried out at three levels — those of the state, region and a company or a university. This article considers the level of development of knowledge-based economy in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland ...
A sectoral and regional analysis of innovative activities of Russian enterprises
This article provides a sectoral and regional analyses of innovative activities of Russian enterprises. The authors consider the evolution and characteristics of innovative activities in individual industries. Characteristics of innovative activities in 2010-2014 are considered in the cases of Russian federal districts ...
The features and content of innovation activity of professional social workers
An important feature of innovation activity of a professional social worker is that it is based on the personal approach and is aimed at creating social technologies developing the personality of client. This article offers the results of theoretical analysis of a profession social worker's ...
Empirical results on Russian companies' innovation activity
... countries striving to evolve and occupy a competitive position in international markets. This paper is based on research designed to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the national innovation system in Russia. The objective of the study was to examine innovation activity and innovation performance in Russia, as well as to identify the priorities of the government’s policy for promoting innovation.
1. Bauman Innovejshn. [online] Available at: <http://info. worldbank.org/etools/docs / library/235397/ ...
Innovations in higher education
... conflict / ed. by S. Nicolai; Internation Institute for Education Planning. UNESCO. 2009. URL:
(дата обращения: 22.03.2016).
Filchenkova I., Samsonova N.
engagement, innovation activity, innovative potential, innovative environment of the University
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... well-being and the quality of the living environment. The purpose of this study is to assess the existing differences between the rural and urban population in the provision of banking, public, information and communication services as the basis for activating the innovation process. The study is carried out on urban and rural municipalities of the Leningrad region. Special attention is paid to the spatial factor in concentration of service renders. It is revealed that there is a significant gap in innovation susceptibility ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... development of EU-Russia cooperation, since a number of its regions border on the EU countries. The district participates in the development of network innovative structures within the Baltic Sea region. It takes an active part in cross-border cooperation — activities that involve the formation of transborder innovative clusters. There are high expectations associated with the formation of such territorially localised innovative networks, as the Helsinki — Saint Petersburg — Tallinn and Tricity (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot) — Kaliningrad — Klaipeda transborder ...
Specific features and content of innovative activities of social work specialists
This article considers innovative activities of a specialist in social work. The author gives a definition of innovative product and provides a detailed description of stages of innovative activity.
Инновационные технологии ...
Tools for developing and implementing the innovative policy of a region
... России. Моделирование управления разви-
тием : монография / под ред. проф. В. В. Ивченко. Калининград, 2010.
Drok T. Ye.
regional innovation policy, tools, innovative activity, innovation potential, regional innovation systems
Coastal agglomerations and the transformation of national innovation spaces
In this article, I discuss the role of coastal agglomerations in the territorial heterogeneity of the world economy and the global innovation space. I pay particular attention to how proximity to the sea and ocean coasts influences the dynamics of innovation processes. I analyse coastalisation (the movement of economic activity and population to coastal zones) by considering the effects and inland diffusion of the exceptionally high innovative potential of coastal agglomerations. I put forward the hypothesis that coastal agglomerations are the most important transformational ...
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... innovation capital accumulation; the agglomeration factor is taken into account. It is shown that northern and southern coastal regions perform very differently on innovative development, the latter doing better than the former. Three main models of innovation generation, implementation, and accumulation of coastal regions are described. Each is associated with a different way to benefit from proximity to the sea. These are maritime activities, maritime transport, and the economic use of recreational, natural and climatic resources.
Mikhaylov A. S., Gorochnaya V. V., Hvaley D. V., Gumenyuk I. S.
coastal region, innovation capital, coastalisation, urban agglomeration, innovation ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... territories. The article identifies objectives, common for the Baltic region, relating to sustainability of rural territories, including sustainable use of natural resource potential, diversification of production through support for non-agricultural activities and employment, application of innovations and efficient technologies, and manufacturing of environmentally friendly products. The analysis of the development of agricultural and innovations in the Baltic Sea regions serves as a basis for identifying the factors and conditions of supporting ...
The development of a mechanism for stimulating the innovative activity of small enterprises
This article analyses the current problems of stimulating innovation activity of small businesses in the Russian Federation. The problems of development of financial institutions for innovation support, financial and production-technological subsystems of the innovation infrastructure, and staff recruitment are examined ...
Innovative Technology of Physical Culture Formation for Students with Limited Motor Activity
The article describes the innovative technology of physical culture formation for students with limited motor activity, which underlies the experiment conducted at Komsomolsk-on-Amur State Technical University. The distinctive feature of the innovative technology of physical culture formation for students with limited motor activity is a complex use of traditional ...
The development of small innovative enterprises through harmonising economic interests
... economic journal], no. 12, p. 185—188.
13. Shulgin, D. B. 2010, Soglasovanie jekonomicheskih interesov uchastnikov innovacionnyh processov [Harmonization of the economic interests of participants in the innovation process], Innovacionnaja dejatel'nost' [Innovative activities], no. 2,
14. Laske, S. 2009, Unternehmensinteresse und Mitbestimmung, Zeitschrift für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht, no. 8 (2), p. 173—200.
15. Clemens, W. 1983, Unternehmungsinteresse, Frankfurt/M, Europäische Hochschulschriften....
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
... informacionnoj podderzhki vneshnejekonomicheskoj dejatel'nosti [Vneshmarket. The portal of information support of foreign economic activity], available at:http://www.vneshmarket.ru/content/document_r_E5CD085C-3A3A-48BE-AC58-.BCC88981CC20.html (accessed 07 April ... ... Alekseenkova, E. S. 2008, Stanovlenie gosudarstva i modeli innovacionnogo razvitija [evelopment of the State and the model of innovative development], Informacionnyj portal Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo instituta mezhdunarodnyh otnoshenij MID Rossii [Information ...
The concept of open innovations and a study into the strategic potential of organisations
This article analyses the role of strategic potential of organisations in ensuring its competitiveness in a dynamic environment. The author considers the process of open innovation management. Special attention is paid to the joint activities of a number of organisations in innovative research and development and its further application.
1. Баззел Р., Гейл Б., Салтан Р. Доля рынка — ключ к прибыльности // Классика маркетинга. СПб., 2001. С. 419—435....
The innovative aspects of the fishing fleet development in the Russian exclave region
... innovative development. In the post-war period until 1991, the exclave of Russia — the Kaliningrad region — showed high rates of socioeconomic development due to the establishment of a large-scale sea fishing industry. Such success rested on research and innovative activity. This article analyses the successful innovative development of the fishing fleet in the historical perspective: new vessels, the development of new equipment, introduction of innovative forms of fishing organisation. The authors offer data on ...
The role of transborder cooperation in the increase of innovative potential of the Baltic region
... Baltic. The author makes the conclusion about the need to increase the share of innovative projects with the participation of the regions of North-West of Russia; actors fr om the Nordic countries, wh ere regional cooperation is an important engine for innovation development, should be actively involved in these projects.
1. Инновационная деятельность и трансграничное сотрудничество в регионе «Соседства» / под ред. М. А. Никитина. Калининград,...
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
... A. G., Harin, A. G. 2012, O nekotoryh osobennostjah primenenija koncepcii upravlenija stoimost'ju dlja kompanij, dejatel'nost' kotoryh osnovana na ispol'zovanii prirodnyh resursov [Some features of the concept of cost management for companies whose activities are based on the use of natural resources], Finansy i kredit [Finance and credit], no. 1(481), p. 12—20.
6. Nidumolu, R., Prahalad, C. K., Rangaswami, M. R. 2009, Why Sustainability Is Now the Key Driver of Innovation, Harvard Business Revue. Reprint, available at: http://sustainabledi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/harvardstudy1.pdf (accessed 10 April 2012).
7. Nidumolu, R., Prahalad, S. K., Rangaswamy, M. R. 2011, Jekologija — zolotaja zhila dlja biznesa ...
The formation of a risk management system for projects in the field of aquaculture innovative development in the Kaliningrad region: a case study
... the context of their application in the framework of aquaculture development projects and offer mechanisms for risk management of aquaculture development projects, which make it possible to include risk management activity in the general context of activities of parent project organizations. The authors develop the concept and principal scheme of the formation of risk management system for innovative development projects in aquaculture.
1. Voropaeva, V. I. (ed.), 2001, Upravlenie proektami: Osnovy professional'nyh znanij, nacional'nye trebovanija k kompetencii specialistov [Project management:
the Basics of professional knowledge, National ...
The diagnostics of regional asymmetry of innovative development of small enterprises
The subject of this study is the influence of area factors on the innovation activities of small enterprises. The main theoretical aspects of regional asymmetry of economic development are analyzed. The article presents the author’s method of assessing regional asymmetry of small enterprise innovation development and the mechanism ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... European Union and countries in the EU. 2012—2013], available at: http://mobility.ukgu.kz/download/Европейские стипендии и гранты.pdf (accessed 10 January 2013).
4. Indikatory innovacionnoj dejatel'nosti: 2012 [Indicators of innovative activity: 2012], 2012, Moscow, Nacional'nyj issledovatel'skij universitet «Vysshaja shkola jekonomiki».
5. Indikatory informacionnogo obshhestva: 2012 [Indicators of the Information Society: 2012], 2012, Moscow, Nacional'nyj issledovatel'skij universitet ...
Some aspects of the theory of network structures as a mechanism of innovative activity management
... транснациональные акторы и изменение политической системы мира.
: www.risa.ru/cosmopolis/archives/3/lebedeva.html (дата обращения: 02.06.2009).
Mezhevich N. M., Zhabrev A. A.
network structures, innovative activities, innovative network structures, regional innovation
systems, social exchange theory, resource dependence theory, organisational sociology theory, new institutionalism,
revolutionary economics, French economic institutionalism, network economy,...
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
... competitiveness of Latvia’s regions. The authors describe priorities and tools for regional innovative development and analyze conditions affecting regional development in the country. This work takes into account the current priority of the European Union — innovation and development of socioeconomic activity aimed at enhancing the competitiveness and attractiveness of European regions. This study sets out to evaluate the competitiveness of Latvia’s regions using a method developed by the European Commission. An expert survey based on the analytic ...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
... Finland, and the Noreth-western federal district (NWFD) of the Russian Federation. The authors present the results of a comparative analysis of research and technological potential of the regions and their administrativeterritorial units in terms of innovative activity development. For the first time, the index of integral assessment of research and technological potential of the NWFD has been calculated in comparison to Sweden and Finland. The NWFD is proved to lag behind Sweden and Finland in terms of innovative ...
Factors and features of innovative development of the Republic of Crimea
... its competitiveness. The reintegration of the Republic of Crimea into the Russian Federation requires considerable efforts aimed at overcoming external geo-economic barriers in socio-economic development, as well as at revitalizing the economic activities of enterprises, including production highly demanded innovative items. Given the new information concept of the Republic of Crimea the paper attempts to analyze the features of territorial development of socio-economic and innovation system. The study determined the digitalization of economic entities ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... [Сompetition], Moscow, Izdatel'skij dom «Vil'jams».
13. Shastitko, A. Ye. 2009, Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Baltic Region, no. 2, p. 7—25. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-2-2.
14. Bergman, E.... ... with an application to Germany, Papers in Regional Science, Vol. 90, no. 2, p. 419―439.
17. Boschma, R. 2005, Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment, Regional Studies, Vol. 39 (1), p. 61―74.
18. Potter J., Miranda, G. (ed). 2009, Clusters,...
The North-West of Russia: the potential and areas of Russian-Lithuanian research and innovation cooperation
This article considers the present state and prospects of Russian-Lithuanian cooperation in the field of research and innovation. The author analyses the tendencies of innovation activities of economic entities in the North-West of Russia in terms of relative innovation activity indicators. Special attention is paid to the role of cross-border and trans-border cooperation in the Baltic macroregion as a mechanism of managing the ...
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
... Peker I. Yu. Knowledge geography: human geography approach to measuring regional divergence of knowledge capital // Proceedings of the European Conference on Knowledge Management. 2019. С. 738—745.
24. Pushkarev A. A. Cluster analysis of regional innovation activity in Russia in 2010—2015 // R-Economy. 2018. № 4 (1). Р. 10—17.
25. Rusetskaya O. Grouping cities based of their socio-economic indicators // Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics. 2017. № 58. Р. 223—230.
26. Zemtsov S., Barinova ...
A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries
... Available at: <http://www.lrpv. lv/index. php?lang= EN&id=186> (Accessed 25 January 2011).
18. Research activities. 2009. Statistical bulletin (in Lithuanian and English).
19. RUSSIAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AT A GLANCE: 2009. DataBook.... ... Status of Science around the World. UNESCO.
Baltic region, Baltic region sates, research and technologies, innovations, research and innovation potential, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, international cooperation
Information metabolism and innovation dynamics in the Rostov agglomeration: the role of the coastal factor and economic clustering
... proposed concept model of information metabolism, the study recreates the general picture of the cyclic spatio-temporal dynamics of innovations in coastal agglomerations, and reveals the role of economic clusters, as well as the nature of coastal component’s ... ... the intra-system mechanisms to compensate for the reduction of codified knowledge flows in the Rostov agglomeration via the active clustering of innovation sector, accompanied by the dynamics of tacit knowledge and the shrinking of its spatial imbalances....
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... razvitiyem protsessov kontsentratsii ekonomicheskoy aktivnosti v regione: podkhody novoy ekonomicheskoy geografii [Regional economic activities processes development management: new economic geography approach], Moscow.
7. Rozanova, L. I., Moroshkina, M. V. ... ... entrepreneurship research, European Planning Studies, no. 21, p. 1095—1127.
12. Doloreux, D., Dionne, S. 2008, Is regional innovation system development possible in peripheral regions? Evidence from the case of La Pocatiere, Entrepreneurship & Regional ...
St Petersburg Business Information Centres and Their Role in Increasing the Efficiency of International Business Activities
... measures to promote non-raw material export are the principal objectives established by the state for its regions. The current trends in world economy and the geopolitical situation formulate new goals and objectives for regions and suggest the creation of innovative and universal mechanisms to increase the efficiency of international economic activities, promotion of a positive image of Saint Petersburg and other regions of the Russian Northwest. The article analyses the activities of Saint Petersburg business information centres abroad, similar experience of other Russian regions, and prerequisites ...
The assessment of the antioxidant status of medicinal plants from the collection of the botanical garden of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University (Kaliningrad)
... 66 species from 31 families. The study identified palnt species with a maximum content of biologically active compounds (phenolic antioxidants and ascorbic acid) and high antioxidant activity. These plants can be used as a basis for the creation of innovative functional food products
that have high antioxidant activity.
1. Miliauskas G., Venskutonis P. R., Beek T. A. Screening of radical scavenging activity of some medicinal and aromatic plant extracts // Food Chem. 2004. Vol. 85,№ 2. P. 231—237.
2. Samuelsen A. B. The traditional uses, chemical ...
The Innovation-Promoting and Economic Functions of the State: An Analysis of Interrelations (the Case of the Republic of Belarus)
... деятельности в условиях трансформации российской экономики : дис. … канд. экон. наук. М., 2003.
Stepanenko D. M.
innovation-promoting function of state, economic function of state, innovation, innovation activity, technological change, subfunction
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... L. M., Kutsenko, E. S., Rudnik, P. B. 2013, Pilotnye innovatsionnye territorial'nye klastery v Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Pilot Innovative Territorial Clusters in the Russian Federation], Moscow. (in Russ.)
18. Clusters in the federal legislation and the ... ... socio-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020, available at:
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... differentiation and integration in the bibliography], Moscow, p. 87—98.
9. Gordukalova, G. F. 1992, Dokumental'nyj potok v bibliograficheskoj dejatel'nosti: Istorija, teorija, tehnologija osvoenija: diss.. d-ra ped. nauk [Documentary flow bibliographic activities: History, theory, technology development: PhD thesis], Saint Petersburg.
10. Klemeshev, A. P. 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Baltic Region, no. 2 (8), p. 43—48. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5, available at: http://journals. kantiana. ru/upload/iblock/ 1ee/Andrei%20P.%20Klemeshev_43—48.pdf (accessed 15 July 2012)....
Developing and managing an intercompany system of continuing education in tourism
This article presents a theoretical framework and methodology for design-ing a self-evolving system of continuing professional training in tourism based on an innovative educational process — active design — using the com¬petence-based and cluster approaches.
1. Новиков А. М. Методология образования. М., 2006.
2. Смирнов Д. В. Образовательный кластер как социокультурная ...
Organisation of scientific research in Germany
... education institutions, R&D departments of industrial companies. The article stresses the research potential of universities that receive funding under the Excellence Initiative and describes the contribution of production in research and development activities, focusing on the top ten German companies in terms of R&D expenditure.
1. Davydov, А. А. Innovacionnyj potencial Rossii: nastojawee i buduwee [Innovation potential of Russia: Present and Future], Institut sociologii Rossijskoj akademii nauk [Institute of Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences], available at:
http://www.isras.ru/blog_modern_3.html (accessed 14 May 2012).
2. Velikolepnaja ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
Grenoble, Kaliningrad, Moscow, Tasit Prometheus II, 343 p.
8. Klemeshev, A. 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 43—48. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5.
9. Koncepcija ... ... Federation for the period till 2020], 2009, Russian Ministry of Economic Development, available at: http://economy.gov.ru/minec/activity/
sections/fcp/rasp_2008_N1662_red_08.08.2009# (accessed 06.01.2015).
10. Kuzmin, D. I., Sokolovsky, А. А. 2012, Konkurentosposobnost' ...
The competence and acmeological approach to active design in the system of continuous professional education
This article presents an innovative educational process — active design, which is used as a basic educational process in the system of continuous professional education. The organization of the continuous professional education system requires the application of competence and acmeological approaches.
1. Ансофф ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... regional'noj jekonomike [Clusters in the regional economy], 2010, Samara, State Autonomous Institution of Samara Region "Centre of innovative development and cluster initiatives", available at: http://innocentr-samara.ru/files/Klastery%20v%20regionlnoy%20economike.... ...
12. Kuznetsov, О. P. 2014, Modeli processov rasprostranenija aktivnosti v setevyh strukturah [Model of the propagation of activity in network structures]. In: XII Vserossijskoe soveshhanie po problemam upravlenija [XII All-Russian Conference on Control ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... Bibtex-Export Endnote-Export Display Statistics Weiterempfehlen Bookmark and Share Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme, Balt. Reg.... ... Russ.)
34. CBC Programme EU — Russia. Ministry of Economic Development ofRussia, available at:
(accessed 14.02.2017). (in Russ.)
35. Rumyantsev, P. Marshruty druzhby: Latviya EHstoniya ...
An environmental analysis of the activity of bioflavonoid accumulation in medicinal plants
... significant correlation between the catechine and leucoanthocyanin content in plant tissues (r = 0.89) is observed. The study identified promising plant species with a high content of bioflavonoids. These plants can be used as a basis for developing innovative functional foods that exhibit high antioxidant activity.
1. Масленников П. В., Чупахина Г. Н., Скрыпник Л. Н. и др. Содержание низкомолекулярных антиоксидантов в лекарственных растениях Калининградской ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... P. 39—81.
5. Bergenholtz C., Waldstrøm C. Inter-Organizational Network Studies — A Literature Review // Industry and Innovation. 2011. Vol. 18, № 6. P. 539—562.
6. Bhattacharya C., Korschun D., Sen S. Strengthening Stakeholder-Company Relationships ... ... Neubaum D. O., Zahra S. A. Institutional Ownership and Corporate Social Performance:The Moderating Effects of Investment Horizon, Activism, and Coordination// Journal of Management. 2006. Vol. 32. P. 108—131.
27. Pitelis C. N., Wahl M. W. Edith Penrose: ...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
The need to enhance the competitiveness and innovation capacity of small and medium enterprises is one of the key objectives of emerging EU economies. In this regard, the ... ... knowledge in enhancing business competitiveness in a regional economy. The effect of knowledge management processes on the economic activity of businesses in the Latvian region of Latgale is considered. To assess the role of knowledge and knowledge management ...