Socially efficient entry barriers?
... Business, Vol. 19, no. 2, p. 7—33.
20. Gilbert, R. 1989, Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency, Handbook of Industrial Organization, Vol. 1, Ch. 8, p.475—535.
21. Grossman, G., Horn, H. 1988, Infant-Industry Protection Reconsidered: The Case of Informational Barriers to Entry, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 103, no. 4, p. 767—787.
22. Grubb, M. D. 2015, Behavioral Consumers in Industrial Organization, Review of Industrial Organization, Vol. 47, no. 3, p. 247—258.
23. Irwin, F. ...
Competitive effects of low trade barriers: evaluations for the Kaliningrad region
International trade is an important factor affecting competition in domestic markets. Considering the vastness of Russian territory, one can expect the pro-competitive effect to vary from region to region. This analysis tests the hypothesis that the unique geographical position and economic status of the Kaliningrad region contribute to the rapid development of international trade, which, in turn, exerts competitive pressure on regional prices. The study incorporates two major lines of analysis:...
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
19. Greve, H., Rowley, T., Shipilov, A. 2014, Network advantage: How to unlock value from your alliances and partnerships, New York, NY, John Wiley & Sons, 320 p.
20. Das, T. K. (ed.) 2015, Managing Multipartner Strategic Alliances, Charlotte, NC, Information Age Publishing, 278 p.
21. Reuer, J. J., Lahiri, N. 2014, Searching for alliance partners: Effects of geographic distance on the formation of R&D collaborations, Organization Science, vol. 25, no. 1, p. 283—298. doi:
Transition to the information paradigm as a challenge to the 21st century education
This article attempts to prove that the steadily increasing information space is an objective reality in the contemporary world and that it affects education. Another objective is to analyse the essence and emphasise the need for developing information competences in teaches and to show that such competence can be properly developed in a well-built on-campus information environment. The on-campus information environment must ensure information security of individuals
1. Богатырева Ю. И....
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... competitiveness of Saint Petersburg. To this end, the authors study the theoretical aspects of regional competitiveness as such, analyse the ten years’ data on the city’s international trade, and explore the significance of image, reputation, and information support for the region’s international trade provided by business information centres abroad. The authors employ the methods of expert opinion and statistical analysis as well as the authors’ own data to consider the problems of international ...
Technology vs. spirituality: On the meaning of education in the conditions of information and knowledge society
... Wiener N. Cybernetics: Or Control and Communication in the Animal and the Machine. P., 1948.
26. Shannon C. E. A Mathematical Theory of Communication // Bell System Technical Journal. 1948. Т. 27.
education, information, knowledge, information society, knowledge society, spiritual and moral development of personality, competency approach
Subject-specialized competence of a technical school teacher in the field of information security of automated systems
... стандарта к образовательным результатам // Вестник Балтийского федерального университета им. И. Канта. 2015. Вып. 11. С. 14—20.
Rudinskiy I. D., Okolot D. Ya.
competence, competency, information security, secondary vocational education.
The role of individual work in the development of creative competency in bachelors of education (The case of the Basics of Mathematical Information Processing course )
... Киров, 2012. С. 244—251.
10. Мостеллер Ф. Пятьдесят занимательных вероятностных задач с решениями / пер. с англ. ; изд. 2-е. М., 1975.
Mikhalkina E., Egorova I.
creative competence, independent work of students, Basics of Mathematical Information Processing».
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... future research directions, Maritime Policy & Management, vol. 47, no. 5, p. 577—597. doi: 10.1080/03088839.2020.1788731.
21. Gabryelczyk, R. 2020, Has COVID-19 Accelerated Digital Transformation? Initial Lessons Learned for Public Administrations, Information Systems Management, vol. 37, no. 4, p. 303—309. doi: 10.1080/10580530.2020.1820633.
22. Kudyba, S. 2020, COVID-19 and the Acceleration of Digital Transformation and the Future of Work, Information Systems Management, vol. 37, no. 4, p. 284—287....
Managerial competencies required: a comparative analysis of Moscow and the Kaliningrad region
... factors is carried out to identify their status in the centre of an exclave region (Kaliningrad) and in Moscow. The study draws on the authors’ frame-based methodology (Rospatent No. 2012660535), which makes it possible to obtain objective empirical information on competency factors and their types. Sought-after competencies and their indicative structures were identified for each region. The findings are not only of theoretical importance but are well adapted for practical purposes, particularly, for advanced ...
The population of the Kaliningrad region and the digital economy: a sociological analysis
29. Soldatova, G. U., Rasskazova, E. I. 2014, Psychological models of digital competence of Russian adolescents and parents, Natsional’nyi psikhologicheskii zhurnal [National psychological journal], no.... ... State Corporation “Rosatom” (in Russ.).
31. Digital Economy Country Assessment for Russia, 2018, Moscow, Institute of the Information Society, 158 p.
32. Zadorin, I. V., Maltseva, D. V., Shubina, L. V. 2017, The level of media literacy of the population ...
The development of personal information safety of schoolchildren
Педагогические условия развития информационной безопасности младшего школьника: автореф. дис. … канд. пед. наук. Иркутск, 2008.
Serebryanik Ye. E.
information competence of schoolchildren, personal information safety of schoolchildren, vitagenetic
Organisational and administrative preconditions for the development of the pedagogic competence of the agents of higher physical education
... agent’s personality, and prolonged professional selection. The research is based on the data of a survey among the agents of physical training at the Belarusian State University of Physical Training.
Kosyachenko G. P.
physical training, pedagogical competence, factors of development, research and information needs,
educational process, need and motivation-related sphere, information technologies, teaching activity, professional training.
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
This article argues that the globalisation of markets and the transition to the information society requires the management of modern organisations to develop new solutions and approaches to management. The development of network society suggests a transition to management in the conditions of growing market turbulence and interdependence ...
Training of Students of Nautical Directions in the Field of Information Security
... автоматики : приказ Министерства образования и науки РФ от 15 марта 2018 г. № 193. Доступ из справ.-правовой системы «Гарант».
Zhestovsky A. G.
safety of navigation, information security of navigation, competence formation, seaworthy directions of training
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... Knowledge Management. Harvard Business review. October, 2003.
7. Cohen D. What`s your return on knowledge? // Harvard Business review. December, 2006.
8. Drucker P. Post-Capitalist Society. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 1993.
9. Hope J. and Hope T. Competing in the Third Wave. Harvard Business School, Boston, 1997.
10. Bozbura T. Knowledge Management Practices in Turkish SME’s // Journal of Enterprise Information Management. 2007. Vol. 20, № 2.
11. Stewart T. The Wealth of Knowledge: Intellectual Capital and the Twenty-First Century Organization. Doubleday, Random House Inc., U. S. A. 2001.
12. Tatand L. W. and Stewart H. Knowledge Management ...
Ways to improve soft skills model for teaching topographic anatomy and operative surgery
... focuses on new ways to improve soft-skills training as well as to teach topographic anatomy and operative surgery. A key objective of contemporary professional education, particularly, that in medicine, is to build professional and discipline-specific competencies. This, however, is not sufficient for day-to-day medical practice. To develop as professionals, students need so-called universal competencies.
Before constructing a new model of studying a discipline, it was im-portant to know what students ...
Factors and features of innovative development of the Republic of Crimea
... requires considerable efforts aimed at overcoming external geo-economic barriers in socio-economic development, as well as at revitalizing the economic activities of enterprises, including production highly demanded innovative items. Given the new information concept of the Republic of Crimea the paper attempts to analyze the features of territorial development of socio-economic and innovation system. The study determined the digitalization of economic entities of the Republic of Crimea. ...
An algorithm for assessing the development of pro-fessional competences in the military (MATLAB modelling)
... научно-практической конференции. М., 2008.
9. Mamdani Е. Н. Application of fuzzy logic to approximate reasoning using linguistic synthesis // IЕЕЕ Transactions оn Computers. 1977. Vol. 26, № 12. Р. 1182—1191.
10. Zadeh L. А. Fuzzy sets // Information and Control. 1965. Vol. 8. P. 338—353.
Kondratenko A., Bedrik A.
military, professional competences, evaluation, criteria and indicators, fuzzy modelling, matlab; fuzzy logic toolbox
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
The researchers often overlook the relationships between Russian and Nordic investment capital; and even less attention is paid to studying the competition between the two. Yet this subject can be of particular relevance to the areas that are geographically, historically and culturally close to both Russia and the Nordic countries. Thus, the aim of this article is to understand how the competition between Russian and Nordic capital investment is played out in the Baltic States. The study discusses...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
25. Novye informacionnye tehnologii v obrazovanii. Deklaracija uchastnikov Parizhskogo kongressa 1989 g. [New information technologies in education. Declaration of the Paris Congress 1989],Perspektivy. Voprosy obrazovanija [Prospects. Education ... ..., Vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 21—22.
Gritsenko Vladimir, Zhurakhovskaya Polina, Yurov Artyom
bachelors in oceanology, curriculum, competences, credits, compulsory and optional disciplines, expert evaluation, specialist training, sustainable regional development
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
2008. URL: http://www.tse.fi/FI/yksikot/erillislaitokset/pei/Documents/ bre2008/BRE_6_2008/264-6-2008 %20Expert%20Articles.pdf
. Russia. Country Analysis Briefing. 2008. May // Energy Information
Guess, how much: Confidential Russian oil export // The Baltic Course.
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... identifies the key problems and actual results of political communication in modern society. Considering the rise of populism, the author stresses that the current problems stem from changes in communicative interactions caused by the emergence of new information technologies. Special emphasis is placed on the formation of public space as the only realm where political discourse is produced legitimately. Another focus is the current ‘conflict of interpretations’ in regard to the markers and symbols ...
Integrated Information Environment of Professional Training at Teacher Training Higher Education Institutions under the Conditions of Teacher Training Higher Education Transformation
The author argues that the situation in the system of higher teacher education is actually better than it is presented in the media. The integrated information environment development is expected to trigger the increase in the competitiveness of future teachers and to facilitate studying related disciplines.
Особенности социального самоопределения ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... location of logistics activity, Journal of Transport Geography, no. 18, p. 354—362.
8. Oficial'nyj sajt «Edinaja gosudarstvennaja sistema informacii ob obstanovke v mirovom okeane» (ESIMO) [The official website for "Unified state system of information
on the world's oceans" (ESIMO)], available at: URL://www.russianports.ru /index.html (accessed 9.06.2015).
9.Merk, O. (forthcoming), 2013, Meta-analysis of Port Impact Studies, OECD Regional Development Working Paper.
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... Economics and Management.],
no. 2, p. 63—68.
19. Ulanov, S. 2011, Analiz riskov pri upravlenii investicionnymi proektami [Risk analysis in the management of investment projects], RISK: resursy, informacija, snabzhenie, konkurencija [RISK: resources, information, procurement, competition], no. 1, Vol. 2, p. 645—650.
20. Ust' Luga: realizacija proekta kompleksnogo razvitija morskogo torgovogo porta [Ust Luga project of integrated development of sea trade port], 2012, 23 June,
The role of sociocultural component in teaching Russian as a foreign languages
This article considers the role of the sociocultural component in teaching Russian as a foreign language and analyses the means and methods of teaching aimed to develop the sociocultural competence in students. Special attention is paid to characterising the most informative — from the perspective of mental meaning explication — language system elements and the problems of presenting sociocultural information faced by the teacher of Russian in front of a foreign audience.
1. Бабушкин А. П. Концепты ...
A level of being informed of population on questions of diabetes mellitus is basis of prophylaxis of disease
... women. The age of respondents varies from 18 and older. The mean age of the survey participants is 39.8 years of age. The survey participants differently assess their level of DM awareness. Specifically, 48.9 % of respondents consider themselves competent in DM, 44.4 % of respondents note lack of awareness, and 4.6 % of respondents do not have information regarding DM at all. Thus, according to the results of the sociological study the population of the Kaliningrad region needs more information on diabetes. Raising public awareness of diabetes risk factors and preventive measures, and ...
The development of ICT competences in the bachelor of management studies
14. Solovey M. Realization of Interdisciplinary Links between Disciplines Connected to Information Technologies // 2nd International Conference “Methods and Instruments of Artificial Intelligence”. Rzeszów, 2010. Р. 103—106.
competence, interdisciplinary communication, discipline, algorithm, information and communications technologies, bachelor
Modern marketing practices: a preliminary comparative analysis of studies in developed and developing countries
This paper proposes a scheme for a preliminary comparative analysis of results obtained in studying different countries that participated in the “Contemporary marketing practices” project and outlines further patterns of crosscountry comparisons.
1. Berry L. L. Relationship Marketing. In Emerging Perspectives in Services Marketing. Chicago, Ill., 1983.
2. Brodie R. J., Grönroos C., Helenius T. Contemporary marketing: a comparison of the practices in New Zealand, Scandinavia and Thailand // Asian...
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
... (accessed 21.01.2016).
19. Sipilä, J., Löfven, S. 2016, Vår alliansfrihet bidrar till stabilitet i norra Eu-ropa, Dagens Nyheter, 10 januari.
20. Rossija gotova k konkurencii s saudovskoj neft’ju na evropeijskom rynke [Russia is ready to compete with Saudi oil on the European market], 2015, Prav-da.ru, available at: http://www.pravda.ru/news/economics/materials/oil/14-10-2015/ 1278203-neft-0/ (accessed 21.01.2016).
21. Li Kecjan prinjal uchastie v 4-oj vstreche rukovoditelej KNR ...
Evolution of International Research Cooperation models in the Contemporary Foreign Policy Environment
... approaches (including that of the Russian Federation), the author answers the question about the contribution of universities to the development of mechanisms of cooperation and mutual understanding in the modern world — a world increasingly influenced by information and communication technologies.
1. Barsukova, А. V., Zhukovsky, I. I. 2013, Mezhdunarodnaja dejatel'nost' universitetov (na primere Evropy) [The international activity of universities (for example Europe)], Vestnik MGIMO University, no....
The spatial structure of Baltic Sea ferry services
... in the region is Sweden.
1. Dunlop, G. 2002, The European ferry industry-challenges and changes, International Journal of Transport Management, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 115—116.
2. Uriasz, J. 2010, Baltic ferry transport, Communications in Computer and Information Science, no. 104, p. 160—167.
3. Yercan, F. 2018, Ferry Services in Europe, New York, Routledge.
4. Odeck, J., Høyem, H. 2020, The impact of competitive tendering on operational costs and market concentration in public transport: The Norwegian ...
Global value chains in the age of uncertainty: advantages, vulnerabilities, and ways for enhancing resilience
... matters. In: Feenstra, R. C., Taylor, A. M. (eds.) Globalization in an age of crisis: Multilateral economic cooperation in the twenty-first century, Chicago, IL, University of Chicago Press, p. 165—212.
17. Baldwin, R.E. 2016, The great convergence: Information technology and the new globalization, Cambridge, MA, Harvard University Press.
18. Taglioni, D., Winkler, D. 2016, Making global value chains work for development, Washington, DC, World Bank.
19. de Marchi, V., Di Maria, E., Golini, R., Perri,...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
... how the media images of Kaliningrad affect the decision to move. The research draws on Radaev’s concept of generations. It uses 2014—2018 regional and national publications about the Kaliningrad region (N=1913) and semi-structured interviews with informants (N=44). The research methods are publication analysis and in-depth interviews processed using the Atals.ti software. The five images identified are a region of international cooperation, a military outpost, an economically attractive area, ...
Centres for the generation of scientific publications of the international level in the regions of Russia
... organizations. In order to assess the effectiveness of scientific work scientometric indicators are used to compare the achievements of countries, regions and individual researchers. Thus spatial scientometrics makes it possible to organize data on the information flow of scientific publications and to optimize navigation in the publication space at various spatial levels. The aim of this work is to identify centers for the generation of scientific knowledge in Russia using scientometric methods,...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... Eastern Europe 1890—2015 (Czech Republic, Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia, Russia), PhD Thesis, Prepared and defended at Paris School of Economics on December 11, 2017.
48. André, Ch., Chalaux, T. 2018, Building a typology of housing systems to inform policies in OECD and EU member States, Economie et Statistique / Economics and Statistics, no. 500—501—502, p. 13—36. doi:
49. De Soto, H. 2000, The Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Triumphs ...
Regional denonyms of the 1940s: the use of denonyms in regional newspapers
... perfect source for observation as it is the language of the media that both reflects and shapes the worldview and linguistic competencies of a native speaker. Various local publications complement each other and contribute to a more complete picture ... ... Bolshevik Slovo newspaper of the Bykovsky District and the Bolshevik Victory of the Kalachevsky District were selected as sources of information. The chosen time frame of 1941—1945 allows us to identify the characteristic features of regional denomination during ...
Consequences and Design in General and Transcendental Logic
... possible experience. Thus, the optimisation problem of finding the best conceptual design from all feasible designs is beyond the competence of transcendental logic.
Aristotle, 1995a, Metaphysics. In: Complete Works of Aristotle, Vol. 1. The Revised Oxford ... .... with intro. by R. Ariew, Indianapolis; Cambridge.
Dragalina-Chernaya, E. 2015, Neformal’nye zametki o logicheskoi forme [Informal notes on logical form], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
Dragalina-Chernaya, E. 2016a, The Roots of Logical Hylomorphism. In: ...
Spatio-temporal patterns of knowledge transfer in the borderland
... Kaliningrad, Leningrad, Murmansk, and Pskov regions); five regions of the Central federal district (Belgorod, Bryansk, Voronezh, Kursk, and Smolensk); and one region of the Southern federal district (Rostov). The methodology of the study consists of using information from the Scopus abstract and citation database to assess the intensity of research cooperation. The findings suggest that the degree of involvement in transboundary research cooperation varies widely across Russia’s border regions.
Russian soft power in the Baltic States through the lens of research: traditions, competition, confrontation
... of Russian soft power are becoming less productive in the region and their use in the negative political context of bilateral relations has the opposite effect for Russia – the country loses in reputation and image. The main factor at play is the information content of the Russian-language media space. At odds with the historical and political views of a significant part of the Baltic States’ ruling class, it is becoming the target of counteraction. At the same time, Russian high and mass culture ...
The branding of design hotels and hostels: the role of verbal communication
Studying tourism branding as a process of communication requires a thorough analysis of both naming and descriptive texts available through information resources. A well-thought-out strategic platform attracts the target audience and ensures the smooth functioning of visual and verbal channels to create a bright and unified image in the world market. In this article, I perform a linguistic ...
‘What can be described can happen too…’: describing text semantics as a model structure of transworld relationships
... accessibility and of the identification of described individuals across possible worlds, on the other. Probably, the variety of cohesion mechanisms does not make it possible to use a single identification mechanism and requires taking into account various competing approaches. I illustrate the above conclusions, using Pushkin’s draft ‘If I were Tsar…’
Bondi, S., 1952. Original text and political content of “Imaginary Conversation with Alexander I”. In: A. M. Egolin, ed. Pushkin. Lermontov....