The open method of coordination as a new form of governance: features, characteristics, prospects of application
This article is dedicated to the new form of governance — the open method of coordination — in the EU system of governance. This method is considered in the framework of the ‘new governance’ approach as opposed to the Community Method. The author justifies new modes of governance, offers ...
Local government reforms in Estonia: institutional context, intentions and outcomes
The local government reforms of 1989 and 1993 were intended to establish a dual pattern of central-local relations in Estonia. The choice of this model was inspired and supported by the Nordic states. Although the legal framework for local government has remained ...
The problems of modernising research staff training: the German experience against the background of European reforms
... the features of reforms in the PhD education management system, which have been carried out over the last decade in European countries.
Boer H. de, Leisyte L., Enders J
Netherlands — steering from a distance // Reforming university governance. Changing conditions for research in four European countries / B. Kehm, U. Lanzendorf (eds.).
. Die zukuenftige Foerderung des wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchses durch die DFG. Empfehlungen der Praesidialarbeitsgruppe ...
Poland’s Foreign Policy Mechanisms: Legal Framework and Policy Analysis
This article describes the features of Poland’s foreign policy. Special attention is paid to the foreign policy mandate of the president, government, and minister of foreign affairs and the procedure for devising Poland’s foreign policy strategy. Another focus is the contribution of local government to Poland’s foreign policy. The author describes the features of Poland’s foreign ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... empirical model of Russian-Polish relations in view of the many-years’ collaboration between the Kaliningrad region and the Polish voivodeships.
1. Alla Ivanova: The best conditions for maintaining security are creating a climate of confidence, 2016, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available at:
(accessed 20.01.2017). (In Russ.)
2. Anton Alikhanov: During the difficult period of Russian-Polish relations, the region continues to interact with neighboring voivodeships,...
On the measures taken by the Latvian government to solve the economic problems caused by the beginning of World War II
This article offers an analysis of the actions of Latvian government aimed to solve the economic and social problems in the difficult period of the beginning of World War II.
. Канун трагедии: Сталин и международный кризис: сентябрь ...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... A guide to design and implementation (Revised and expanded from 'Qualitative research and case study applications in education'), Hoboken, NJ.
14. Ruzhanskaya, L. S. 2007, Development of the Board of Directors as an internal mechanism of corporate governance, Korporatynye Finansy [Corporate finance], no. 4, p. 14—33. (in Russ.)
15. Kuznetsov, A., Chetverikova, A. 2009, Russian multinationals continue their outward expansion in spite of the global crisis, available at:
A situational approach to building social managerial expert systems
The article presents the author’s view on modelling an expert system through the implementation of one of social paradigms. Such categories as ‘governance’, ‘leadership’, and ‘leadership management’ are identified as indicators of management interactions. Each of the categories is operationalized and provided with a detailed description, which includes autonomous social resources supporting ...
The Awareness Department of the Don Government in 1919
This article is devoted to the Department of Awareness of the Don Government and its activities during the Russian Civil War. The author describes in detail the structure of the organization, it principal activities, and the reasons behind its closure. The author pays special attention to the political situation in ...
The Functional and the Instrumental in Market Definition: a Laboratory for Natural Experiments in the Baltics
... delineations between the industries where market mechanisms contribute to social welfare and those where the costs of a transition to a market economy outweigh the benefits. In this article, we emphasise the difficulty of finding the optimum modes of governance within industries as a whole. Using the tools of the transaction cost economics, we show that, alongside the problem of market boundaries and the resultant position and behaviour of a company — an object of antimonopoly regulation — it ...
On interpreting the legal category “form of government” (the case of Russia and Kazakhstan)
The article justifies the need to clarify the true content of such a fundamental legal category as the “form of government”, since, so far, neither scientifically nor at the practical level, there hasn’t been given any unambiguous interpretation. The authors point to one of the typical conceptual errors in elucidating the content of this category, admitted ...
The facilitation of freedom of movement between Russia and the European Union: prospects and legal issues
... 20 May 2011).
7. Soglashenie mezhdu Pravitel'stvom Rossijskoj Federacii i Pravitel'stvom gosudarstva Izrail' ob otkaze ot vizovyh trebovanijah pri vzaimnyh poezdkah grazhdan Rossijskoj Federacii i grazhdan gosudarstva Izrail' [Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of Israel's rejection of
visa requirements for mutual travels of citizens of the Russian Federation and citizens of the State of Israe], Pravoslavnyj poklonnik na Svjatoj Zemle [Orthodox worshiper ...
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... programma RF “Razvitie kultury I turizma na 2013—2020 gody”: rasporyazhenie Pravitelstva RF ot 27.12, 2012 N 2567-р [State program of the Russian Federation "Development of Culture and Tourism on 2013—2020 years": the order of the RF Government of 27.12.2012 N 2567-р], 2012.
7. Grushenko, E. B. 2014, Perspektivy razvitiya prigranichnogo mezhdunarodnogo turizma v Murmanskoy oblasti [Prospects for the development of cross-border international tourism in the Murmansk region]. In: Strategiyz ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... «Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj oblasti do 2020 goda». Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF № 461-r ot 27 marta 2013 goda [State Program of the Russian Federation
«Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region until 2020.» RF Government Decree № 461-r dated March 27, 2013], available at: http://gosprogrammy. gov.ru (accessed 10.01.2014).
4. Kaliningradskaja oblast' v cifrah [Kaliningrad Region in Figures], 2013, Kaliningrad, 179 p.
5. Samson I. (ed.), 2000, Kaliningradskaja ...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
13. Koncepcija prigranichnogo sotrudnichestva v Rossijskoj Federacii, 2001 g. (Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 9 fevralja 2001, № 196-r) [The concept of cross-border cooperation in the Russian Federation, 2001 (Order of the Government of the Russian Federation on February 9, 2001, № 196-p)].
14. Koncepcija prigranichnogo sotrudnichestva Murmanskoj oblasti (Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva Murmanskoj oblasti ot 10.06.2008 N 263-PP) [The concept of cross-border cooperation of ...
Particularities of the ratification of the European Fiscal Compact in Germany
This article analyses legal issues relating to the German ratification of the Treaty on Stability, Coordination and Governance in the Economic and Mon-etary Union. The author analyses the key decisions of the Federal Consti-tutional Court of Germany on this issue. Special attention is paid to the need to implement some of the Treaty provisions as the core problem of ...
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
... integrity take the problem to a regional and international level. Through analysing public speeches of Danish social and political actors, this article reconstructs key stages in the development of parallel societies in Denmark. Another focus is official government strategies to prevent isolated immigrant areas from turning into ghettoes: the Government’s Strategy against Ghettoisation (2004), Return of the Ghetto to Society: Confronting Parallel Societies in Denmark (2010), and One Denmark without ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... significant reduction in industrial output, since a lot of production is heavily dependent on imported raw materials and components. It is expected that the companies enjoying customs privileges to produce goods for the national market will receive government support for reequipment. Effective use of the allocated funds would require setting up a regional programme identifying priority areas of regional economic development thus ensuring economic stability. There is also a need to support companies ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
... the CBSS. 2001, 18 May.
Jakobi, A. P., Martens, K.
2007. Diffusion durch international Organisationen: Die Bildungspolitik der OECD. In: Politische Vierteljahresschrift, Sonderheft 38, pp. 247—270.
Joas, M., Jahn, D., Kern, K.
Governance in the Baltic Sea Region: Balancing States, Cities and People. In:
Joas, M., Jahn D., Kern K.
Governing a Common Sea. Environmental Policies in the Baltic Sea Region. London, pp. 3—17.
Kristensen, G. N.
2010. Born into a dream: ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda. (Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 17.11.2008 № 1662-r.) [The concept of long-term socio — economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020. (Order of the RF Government of 17.11.2008 № 1662-r.)], legal-reference system "ConsultantPlus".
10. Mezhevich, N. M., Pribyshin, T. K. 2012, Innovacionnaja jekonomika v regione Baltijskogo morja [Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region], Balt. reg., no....
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... Belarus], PhD Thes., Moscow.
20. Nikolaj Cukanov: Mestnoe prigranichnoe peredvizhenie — uspeshnyj jeksperiment, kotoryj nuzhno razvivat' [Nikolai Tsukanov: Local border traffic — a successful experiment that needs to be developed], Kaliningrad Region Government, available at: http://www.gov39.ru/news/101/76187/ (accessed 21.04.2015).
21. Ni shagu nalevo! Pochemu zastoporilos' maloe prigranichnoe dvizhenie Belarusi s Pol'shej? [Not one step to the left! Why has stalled small border traffic between ...
On the role of government regulation in creating conditions for the development of Russian regions: the case of tariff policy
The elimination of disparities in the economic conditions of regional development is an important task of government regulation. The tariff policy influences the economic development of Russia and different regions. The market incentives for innovation are not sufficiently strong. The rise in prices and tariffs has a negative impact on cost structure and ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... in theory and practice. One of the most urging and acute problems is that of aligning stakeholders' interests in interfirm networking.
1. Alvarez G., Pilbeam C., Wilding R. Nestlé Nespresso AAA sustainable quality program: an investigation into the governance dynamics in a multi-stakeholder supply chain network // Supply Chain Management: An International Journal. 2010.Vol. 15, № 2. P. 165—182.
2. Anderson J. C., Håkansson H., Johanson J. Dyadic business relationships within a business network ...
Systematisation of Objectives and Efficiency Indicators of Regional Executive Authority
This article considers the problem of regional governance improvement. The author systematises the objectives of regional supreme executive authorities and examines the set of indicators for assessing the performance of regional governments. An algorithm of the calculation of efficiency indicators ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... development intervention: Place-based versus place-neutral approaches // J. of Regional Science. 2012. № 52 (1). P. 134—152.
13. Boddy M. Technology, innovation, and regional economic development in the state of Victoria // Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy. 2000. № 18 (3). P. 301—319.
14. Bradford N. Place matters and multilevel governance: perspectives on a new urban policy paradigm // Policy Options. 2004. Febr. P. 39—44.
15. Brette O., Chappoz Y. The French competitiveness ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030goda,utverzhdena Rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva RF ot 8 dekabrja 2010 g. № 2205-r
[Strategy of development of maritime activities of the Russian Federation to 2030goda, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated
December 8, 2010 № 2205-r], 2010, Moscow.
2. Transportnaja strategija Rossii na period do 2030g, utverzhdena Rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva RF ot 22 nojabrja 2008 № 1734-r (v red. Rasporjazhenija Pravitel'stva ...
Motives behind breaking language norms in the English political discourse
11. Crystal D. The Fight for English: How language pundits ate, shot, and left. N. Y., 2007.
12. Fairclough N. Language and Power. 3
ed. Abington ; N. Y., 2015.
13. Cameron D. Prime Minister’s speech on Europe. URL:
. uk/government/speeches/prime-ministers-speech-on-europe (дата обращения: 26.07.2019).
14. Johnson B. Boris Johnson’s First Speech as Prime Minister 24 July 2019. URL:
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... regional innovation systems: What does evolutionary economic geography bring to the policy table? // Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space. 2017. № 35 (4). P. 600—620. doi: 10.1177/0263774X16646583.
18. Cooke P., Boekholt P., Todtling F. The Governance of Innovation in Europe. Regional Perspectives on Global Competitiveness. L., 2000.
19. Cooke P. N., Heidenreich M., Braczyk H.-J. Regional Innovation Systems: The role of governance in a globalized world. Oxford, 2004.
20. Doloreux D., Porto-Gomez ...
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
... in peoples’ attitude and saturation to ethically questionable actions. Individuals and organizations can join in sharing resources for creating a sustainable future. There are several factors that influence sustainable development. Among them are: government policies; management and organization; financial and economic factors. The main question for institutional sustainability may be formulated as the following: can the strengthened institutional structure continue to deliver the results of technical ...
The First World War in the assessment of his contemporaries: the government and Russian society
Maltseva T., A. Chumakova A.
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... support of organizations that are making investments in the form of capital investment in the Kaliningrad region: law of the Kaliningrad region No. 171 dated 15 July 2002, available at
. (accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
6. The Government of the Kaliningrad region. Official portal, 2016, available at
(accessed 20.04.2016). (in Russ.)
7. Invest in the Kaliningrad region, 2016, available at
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
....Ya., Kuznetsova, G.Yu. 2004, Puti aktivizacii social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija monoprofil'nyh gorodov Rossii [Ways to enhance the socioeconomic development of single-industry towns of Russia], Biblioteka mestnogo samoupravlenija [Library of local government], no. 54, Moscow, 224 p.
12. Manaeva, I. V. Podhody k gruppirovke monogorodov Rossijskoj Federacii [Approaches to grouping monocities Russian Federation], available at: http://srastvortseva.professorjournal.ru/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=a67ed1e2-e8b1-455d-8155-43a3c7739f35&groupId=992555 ...
The demographic problems of the Pskov region and the main approaches to solving them at the level of the regional state authorities
This article analyses the demographic problems of the Pskov region. The authors propose a system of government regulation of demographic processes in view of the functions of the regional executive authorities.
1. Predpolagaemaja chislennost' naselenija Pskovskoj oblasti do 2030 goda 2010. In: Statisticheskij bjulleten. Pskov.
2. Pskovskaja oblast ...
The legitimation and criticism of violence in international law. A po¬litical science perspective
... Subjektive Rechte und völkerrechtliches Gewaltverbot // Frieden durch Recht? / Hrsgs. P. Becker [et al.]. Berlin, 2010. S. 182—221.
11. Forst R. Kritik der Rechtfertigungsverhältnisse. Berlin, 2011.
12. Franck T. The Emerging Right to Democratic Governance // American Journal of International Law. 1992. № 86:1. P. 46—91.
13. Franck T., Rodley N. S. After Bangladesh: The Law of Humanitarian Intervention by Military Force // American Journal of International Law. 1973. № 67:2. S. 275—305....
Management of Trans-boundary Water Resources: Comparing Russian and American Experiences
3. Soglashenie mezhdu Pravitel'stvom Rossijskoj Federacii i Pravitel'stvom Jestonskoj Respubliki o sotrudnichestve v oblasti ohrany i racional'nogo ispol'zovanija transgranichnyh vod. Soversheno v Moskve 20 avgusta 1997 g. [Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Estonia on cooperation in the conservation and management of transboundary waters. Done in Moscow on August 20, 1997], available at: http://voda.mnr.gov.ru/part/?act=more&id=459&pid=961 ...
Moral politics against political moralism — political satire in E. T. A. Hoffmann's Christmas tale "Meister Floh". Article 1
.... и вступ. текстов к разделам Клаус Гюнцель; пер. с нем. Т. Клюевой. М., 1987.
moral politics, political moralism, demagogy, quality of population, categorical imperative of law, despotism, paternal government (imperium paternale), patriotic government (imperium patrioticum)
Kalinnikov L. A.
The international experience of integration of education, research, and business
... article considers three main types of integration of education, science and business. There are: American type, Japanese type and Mixed type. The main role in American type of integration plays Research University; the main role in Japanese type plays Government; the main role in Mixed type (mostly prevalence are in Central and Northern Europe) plays technological parks. The article considers merits and demerits of these types.
1. Карпенко О. М., Бершадская М. Д. Высшее ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030 goda, utverzhdena rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 8 dekabrja 2010 goda № 2205-FZ [The development strategy of maritime activities of the Russian Federation until 2030 approved by the Federal Government of December 8, 2010 № 2205-FL], 2010, Moscow.
2. Zenkov, А. F., Ismailov, А. I. 2013, O morskoj doktrine Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030 goda i koncepcii federal'nogo zakona o gosudarstvennom upravlenii morskoj
dejatel'nost'ju [About the ...
Moral politics against political moralism — political satire in E. T. A. Hoffmann's Christmas tale Meister Floh. Article 2
... и вступ. текстов к разделам Клаус Гюнцель; пер. с нем. Т. Клюевой. М., 1987.
moral politics, political moralism, demagogy, quality of population, categorical imperative of law, despotism, paternal government (imperium paternale), patriotic government (imperium patrioticum)
Kalinnikov L. A.
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
... hypothesis that businesses are interested in investing in the earning assets (securities) of other companies to receive interest (dividends). The respondents tend to associate the risk of such investments with the issuer’s corporate control and corporate governance, which often fall short of best practices. The authors conclude that there is a need to improve knowledge of corporate relations, which affect competitiveness and the raising of funds necessary for sustainable economic growth in Saint Petersburg....
Parliament and law-making: modern understanding of the role of parliamentary procedures and laws in transforming society
The author analyzes the place and role of parliament in today's transforming society and investigates the causes of the crisis of parliamentarism, the confrontation between parliament and government in some countries and in others - the widespread "legitimization" of government policy in the sphere of legal norms. The author has identified the reasons for a decrease in trust to parliaments, which no longer play a decisive role ...
The legal status of institutions in the Russian Federation
This article considers common and distinctive features of legal status of various institutions (autonomous, budget, government and private ones). Special attention is paid to the legal procedure of financial provision of their activities and property regime. The author identifies the advantages and disadvantages of the new legislative approach to the status of institutions....
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
....html (accessed 13.04.2015)
12. Nikolaj Cukanov: Mestnoe prigranichnoe peredvizhenie - uspeshnyj jeksperiment, kotoryj nuzhno razvivat' [Nikolay Tsukanov: Local border traffic - a successful experiment that should be developed], Official site of the Government of the Kaliningrad region, available at: http://www.gov39.ru/news/101/76187/ (accessed 21.04.2015).
13. Oborot roznichnoj torgovli po subektam RF [Retail trade turnover in the subjects of the Russian Federation], 2015, Federal'naja sluzhba ...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... de Vries, G. J. 2015, How global are global value chains? A new approach to measure international fragmentation, Journal of Regional Science, Vol. 55, no. 1, p. 66—92.
36. Mayer, F. W., Phillips, N., Posthuma, A. C. 2017, The political economy of governance in a ‘global value chain world’, New Political Economy, Vol. 22, no. 2, p. 129—133.
37. OECD. Recommendation of the Council on Regulatory Policy and Governance, 2012, available at:
Тhe legal state over time: the nature and the main approaches to the definition
... on different approaches to the definition of the legal state nature that has existed over time. The research is aimed at identifying the modern frames of the legal state that functions as a necessary counterbalance to the state monopoly on power and governance. The cope of research methodology is very wide, including the dialectic method of cognition, the methods of analysis and synthesis, and formally logical, historical legal and comparative legal methods. The result of the research that has been ...
On legislative innovations governing the citizenship institution in the Russian Federation
This article examines changes in the federal laws governing the institution of citizenship in the Russian Federation. Proposals on improving the existing legislation are made based on the analysis conducted.
1. Европейская конвенция о гражданстве от 6 ноября 1997 ...
Theoretical Aspects of Cross-border Integration-based Economic Cooperation
In this article the author analyses theoretical aspects of border economy in the conditions of modern processes of integration. The author describes the existing schools and concepts of integration stressing the role of government regulation relating to the deformations in the development of the world economic mechanism. Modern studies focus on the evolution of integration processes, which has largely affected the key elements of the world economic mechanism from classical ...
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
... regional and urban development presented in the article was implemented in the development of the Strategy for the Socioeconomic Development of the City of Moscow until 2015 (as commissioned by the Department of Economic Policy and Development of the Government of Moscow) by an international team headed by the experts of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration and the Higher School of Economics.
1. Atkinson, R. 2010, Evroremont gradostroitel'noj politiki [Eurorepair ...
The problems of the development of political democracy in Russia in the period of diarchy (February — October 1917)
... considers the formation of the new democratic dynamics in Russia in February-October, 1917. The author focuses on the forms of the participation of population in the establishment of new political regime, the activity of political parties and local government bodies and attempts to build an optimal model of the formation of a republic in the conditions of diarchy.
Местные Советы и органы буржуазной власти (
The academic policy of the leading Russian universities as an indicator of multi-level degree system implementation
... государственный университет им. М.
В. Ломоносова» до 2020 года [Электронный ресурс]: утв. распоряжением Правительства РФ от 27.09.2010 № 1617.
http://government.consultant.ru/page.aspx?8411;1524284 (дата обращения: 21.02.2011).
развития федерального государственного образовательного учреждения высшего ...