The form and meaning of H. Hesse’s novel A child’s soul
The fictional world of the work is considered as one marked by binary oppositions of nature/civilisation, the world of children/adults, the ideal/the reality, the truth/a lie, fear/bravery, judgement/absolution, God/devil. The authors analyse the psychology of the novel’s main character. The central autobiographical image of the novel is interpreted in the context of religious and philosophical ideas about the duality of ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
36. ARD DeutschlandTREND, 2016, Infratest dimap, available at:
37. Europeans Fear Wave of Refugees Will Mean More Terrorism, Fewer Jobs, 2016, PewResearch Center, available at:
38. Martin, M. 2016, Most ...
The problem of conflict in the works of Pyotr Kapterev
... страхе и мужестве в первоначальном воспитании. СПб.: Тип. М.
М. Стасюлевича, 1901.
Pyotr Kapterev, pedagogical conflict, history of Russian pedagogy, inner conflict, fear.
The thematic field of black humour
Wry humor as cultural phenomenon thematically is organized as a semantic field and focuses on six major components: death and associated with it, destruction of human physiology, fear of danger, threats to beloved ones, social catastrophes, necrophilia. A “play principle” is actively being implemented in all these cases.
1. Борисов С. Б. Эстетика «черного юмора» в российской традиции ...
The problem of self-identification in H. Hesse’s short novel “Klein Wagner” and M. Frisch’s novel “Stiller”
... 10. Юнг К. Г. Психология бессознательного. М., 1994.
11. Seckendorff K. Hermann Hesses propagandistische Prosa. Bonn, 1982.
Hesse, Frisch, individual, self-identification, role, mask, loneliness, fear
Kant and the contemporary theory of international relations
... № 1.
6. Тимофеев И. Н. Дилемма безопасности: риск вооруженного конфликта между великими державами // Полис. 2009. № 4.
7. Booth K., Wheeler N. The Security Dilemma: Fear, Cooperation and Trust in World Politics. N. Y., 2008.
8. Czempiel E.-O. Friedensstrategien. Eine systematische Darstellung aussenpolitischer Theorien von Machiavelli bis Madariaga. Opladen ; Wiesbaden, 1998.
9. Eberl O. Demokratie und Frieden....
Lessing’s Hamburg Dramaturgy in the “codes of hope” discourse of the Enlightenment
... the “pre-critical” period of the Elightenment is based on trust in human sensibility, within which, probably unconsciously, in the conditions of newly established autonomy, he discovers the heteronomous orientation of the “compassion” and “fear” existentials underlying his theory of catharsis. In Lessing’s system, these “vertically” positioned psychological states prove to be bridges to nature, in which he seeks the truth. It explains his theory of realism in Hamburg Dramaturgy,...
The Battle of Tannenberg: subjective factors
... factors turned to be hidden from the researcher’s eye, being ignored by propaganda. However, it neither diminishes their significance, nor proves their non-existence. Basing on a few examples this author makes an attempt to reconstruct the motives and fears of several key figures of the German Eighth Army that influenced the course of action and the result of the Battle of Tannenberg.
1. Восточно-Прусская операция : сб. док. мировой империалистической ...
Emotional and receptive-axiological aspects of the speech act of threat in everyday conflict communication in Russian
... threat and the specificity of the perception of this act by a modern native speaker of Russian. The act of threat is an instrument of influence exerted on the listener. Its effectiveness depends on the strength of the negative emotions of anxiety, fear, etc. initiated in the listener. At the same time, the production of threatening statements is often associated with the speaker's emotional state, which in some cases can serve as a catalyst for imperative influence. The speech act of threat, ...
Socially efficient entry barriers?
... H. M., Williams, M. A. 2004, What Is a Barrier to Entry? The American Economic Review, Vol. 94, no. 2, p. 461—465.
25. Slovic, P. 2000, The Perception of Risk, Earthscan. London, UK.
26. Slovic, P., Fischoff, B., Lichtenstein, S. 1982, Facts vs. Fears: Understanding Perceived Risk. In: Kahneman, D., Slovic, P., Tversky, A. (eds.), Judgment Under Uncertainty, Chap. 33, Heuristic and Biases, Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, UK.
27. Stigler, G. 1968, The Organization of Industry., Chicago,...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... and the United States incomparably], Flot — XXI vek [Fleet — XXI Century], available at: http://blackseafleet-21.com/news/1-12-2011_neprikrytyj-morskoj-rubezh-kolichestvo-korablej-pro-u-rossii-i-ssha-nesravnimo (accessed 01.06.2014).
19. Baltic Fears: NATO debates directing missile shield against Russia, 2014, Spiegel online, available at: http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/nato-considersmissle-shield-directed-against-russia-a-987899.html#spRedirectedFrom=www&referrrer=https://www.google....
Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... 2018, Prepared and flexible: Local adaptation strategies for avalanche risk, Cogent Social Sciences, no. 4, 1460899. doi:
7. Rasanen, P., Hawdon, J., Nasi, M., Oksanen, A. 2014, Social Solidarity and the Fear of Risk: Examining Worries about the Recurrence of a Mass Tragedy in a Small Community, Sociological Spectrum, no. 34, p. 338—353. doi:
8. Taarup-Esbensen, J. 2018, Managing communities — Mining ...
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... Behaviour: The Janus-faced Russian Gas Monopoly Gazprom. In: Liuhto, K. (ed.) East Goes West: The Internationalization of Eastern Enterprises, Lappeenranta University of Technology, p. 51-87.
26. Jemberga, S., Springe, I. 2015, Latvia Torn Between Money and Fear of Russia, Eurasianet, 19.02.2015, available at: http://www.eurasianet.org/node/72166 (accessed 19.07.2015).
27. Kalotay, K. 2008, How to Explain the Foreign Expansion of Russian Firms,Journal of Financial Transformation, Vol. 1, no. 24, p. 53-61....