Supranational party system of the EU
.... Special attention is paid to the ‘two-tier’ structure — the connection between national and supranational institutions — as a key feature of the European Union’s party system. The study is based on the European Parliament framework laws, election results, Europarties’ political programmes, as well as on the comparison of the composition of the Europarties and EU bodies. The analysis provides a new perspective on the major processes and contradictions in the functioning of the European ...
Governor elections: An analysis of the federal and regional legislations
This article considers the improvement of the federal legislation on elections of the highest official of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation. The author analyses the legislation of the Kaliningrad region regulating the election of the governor of the Kaliningrad region. An analysis performed helps formulate ...
The features of using manipulative techniques to influence public opinion (based on the materials of the US presidential campaign of 2012)
This article considers manipulative techniques used by US presidential candidates B. Obama and R. Romney in the 2012 election campaign. Language manipulation is presented as one of the major components of persuasion which guarantees the successful implementation of the intended goal. The main goal of the candidate’s election campaign is to win the election. The results ...
Modern approaches to university physical education: the experience of incorporating a fitness programme in the curriculum
The article explores new approaches to physical education in university. One of the ways to ensure modernization of physical education is the incorporation of various fitness programmes in the elective part of the curriculum. The author describes the impact of fitness programmes on learning outcomes and characterizes them as a form of activity. The article examines the experience of introducing Zumba® Fitness international dance fitness programme ...
Administrative resource at the elections to the State Duma of the third convocation in the North-Western provinces of Russia
The article analyzes the administrative control over the elections to the State Duma of the third convocation of the Russian Empire in the Northwestern provinces. The local and central administration employed a wide variety of methods. The electoral legislation was radically changed (the provision on elections ...
Geography of voting in the presidential elections of 2018 in the Kaliningrad region
The article considers the geographical aspect of voting in general presidential elections in the Kaliningrad region in 2018. Two voting features, bipolar and fragmented, have been identified through the electoral analysis. There are a number of geographical factors which have a significant impact on the voting: the power of friends ...
The Christian right movement in the USA in the 1990s
... 2000. Vol. 39,№ 3.
2. Bolce L., De Maio G. The Anti-Christian Fundamentalist Factor in Contemporary Politics // Public Opinion Quarterly. 1999. Vol. 63, № 4.
3. Brooks C., Manza J. A Great Divide? Religion and Political Change in U. S. National Elections, 1972—2000 // The Sociological Quarterly. 2004. Vol. 45, № 3.
4. Bruce S. Modernity and Fundamentalism: the New Christian Right in America //British Journal of Sociology. 1990. Vol. 44, № 4.
5. Encyclopedia of American Religion and ...
The political success of the Baltic People’s Fronts as a result of the 1989—1990 elections
This article considers the political success of the Baltic Popular Fronts in the years of perestroika on the materials of 1989—1990 elections. The author analyses the motives behind the establishment of mass movements and their ideational imperatives, describes the dynamics of changes in the demands of popular fronts, and comes to a conclusion about their significance for the establishment ...
Russia as an irritant factor for the political elitess of the Baltics in the context of election campaigns of 2010—2011: an expert opinion
... social and political spaces of the former Baltic republics, which were articulated in the course of international expert discussions and round tables at the IKBFU.
Smirnov Vadim, Sutyrin Vyacheslav
elite, Baltic States, factor, expert channel, election campaign
The methods of manipulative influence on the addressee aimed at creating a positive image: the case of 2012 presidential election campaign
This article deals with the problem of public opinion manipulation through creating a positive image. Special emphasis is given to the description of the manipulative technique. The research is based on the texts of the 2012 Russian presidential election campaign.
1. Кара-Мурза С. Г. Манипуляция сознанием. М., 2011.
2. Колесникова Г. И. Манипуляции: техники успешного общения. Ростов н/Д, 2011.
3. ЛДПР ...
“Am I a trembling creature, or do I have the right”. Legal capacity in the election procedure
This paper analyses the legal capacity in the election legislation, including the differentiation between individual and collective rightsholders. The author considers the issue of inclusion of the power of citizens to participate in establishing the election results into the core of voting rights....
The background knowledge as a language indicator of the intentional manipulative proposition
....2011. 1 марта.
8. Выбери меня // Известия. URL: http://www.izvestia.ru/news/518575 (дата обращения: 08.05.2012).
9. Выборы-2012. Г. Зюганов и В. Жириновский. URL: http://www.1tv.ru/news/election/200102 (дата обращения: 09.03.2012).
10. Куда двигаться России // Известия. URL: http://www.izvestia.ru/news/513893 (дата обращения: 08. 05. 2012).
11. Куда тратятся народные ...
Kaliningrad Exclave: Electoral Specificity
The author analyzes the specifics of voting in the Kaliningrad region from 1991 to 2018. The region is identified as a unique object, the example of which reveals the influence of the exclave factor on electoral specifics. The results of federal elections are viewed as a reaction of voters to socio-economic changes caused by exclave status, as well as to the policy of the federal center in relation to the region. Using calculations of coefficient of loyalty of voting for election participants,...
Political reconsideration of the Soviet past: attitudes and actions of the Lithuanian elites
... Smith, R. M. 2003, Stories of peoplehood: The politics and morals of political membership, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
13. Unikaite, I. 2007, Rinkimų kampanijos sąsajos su rinkimų rezultatais: LR Seimo rinkimų (1996—2004 m.) atvejis [Election Campaigns links with election results: the case of Lithuanian parliament elections (1996—2004)], Kaunas, Vytautas Magnus University.
14. Xue, H., Wooley, M. 2008, Collective Memory and Nostalgia. A New Perspective on Affective Design Strategy ...
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
... (дата обращения: 24.03.2012).
4. Delgado-Moreira J. M. Cultural Citizenship and the Creation of European Identity.URL: http://www.sociology.org/content/vol002.003/delgado.html (дата обращения: 21.03.2012).
5. European Parliament election turnout 1979—2009. URL: http://www.ukpolitical.info/european-parliament-election-turnout.htm (дата обращения: 17.03.2012).
6. Gonzalez J. European Identity. URL: http://www.europeanideasnetwork.com/files/2012/Brussels_08_February/EIN ...
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
... internalisation of democratic values, human rights, and good governance is still unattainable for the Russian Federation, which uses the platform of common values predominantly to achieve strategic goals (section 4).
1. Nikolskiy, A. 2012, Presidential Election Transparent and Democratic — CIS Observers, RIA Novosti, 5 March, available at: http://www. ria. ru/vybor2012_hod_vyborov/20120305/584902095.html (accessed 6 March 2012).
2. Putin, V. 2012, Russia and the Changing World, Moskovskiye Novosti,...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... science], 3, pp. 47—77.
18. Il'in, M. V., 2002. Political discourse as a subject of analysis. Politicheskaya nauka [Political science], 3, pp. 11—12.
19. Kartsev, D. Bol'she, chem partiya. Chto pokazali vybory v Gollandii [More than a party. What the elections in Holland showed]. Available at:
[Accessed 22 December 2017].
20. Kravchenko, E. I. Teoriya sotsial'nogo deistviya ot Vebera k fenomenologam [Theory of social action from Weber to phenomenologists]....
Harry S. Truman and Racial Segregation Problem in USA in Second Half of the 1940s
... Демократическая партия в борьбе за избирателя. М., 2008.
американцы в истории США. Т. 2. 1917—1985. М., 1986.
Harry S. Truman, the USA, racial segregation, presidential elections.
Party system nationalization in Estonia
... study asks whether ethnic Estonians and ethnic Russians vote for the same political parties in comparable proportions or there are ‘Estonian’ and ‘Russian’ parties in the country. The analysis of the outcomes of four local and four parliamentary elections that took place in Estonia in 2005—2019 shows that by the mid-2000s Estonia achieved a considerable level of political party system nationalization at both national and local levels. At the national level, political party system nationalization ...
Bulow and the "Hottentot bloc" of 1907—1909. Implementation of the "Cohesion Policy"
... Friedrich von Holsteins. Göttingen ; Berlin ; Frankfurt-am-Main, 1956. Bd. 1 ; Göttingen ; Berlin ; Frankfurt-am-Main, 1963. Bd. 4.
21. Barth Th. Freisinn im Block. Berlin, 1908.
Maksimov I. P.
German Empire, political parties, B. von Bülow, elections to the Reichstag.
The interpretation of the ideas of I. Kant’s treatise Perpetual Peace in the modern liberal democratic peace theory
... Despite the fact that the advocates of the theory consider Kant’s perpetual peace project the political and philosophical framework of their concept, the analysis shows that the democratic peace theory misinterprets many ideas of Kant.
1. Babst D. Elective Goverments — A Force for Peace // The Wisconsian Sociologist.1964. Vol. 3, № 1. Р. 9—14.
2. Doyle M. W. Kant, Liberal Legacies and Foreign Affairs // Philosophy and Public Affairs. 1983. I, II (12). Р. 205—235, 323—353.
3. Geis ...
The symbolic complexes of mass culture and the semiosis of political discourse
.... Media image as a means of communication. Gramota [Diploma], 23(26), pp. 27—31 (in Russ.).
Delez, Zh., 2016. Kino (Movie). Moscow (in Russ.).
Kartsev, D., 2017. Bol'she, chem partiya. Chto pokazali vybory v Gollandii [More than a party. What the elections in Holland showed]. Available at:
[Accessed 22 December 2017].
Levi-Strauss, K., 2006. Mifologiki: syroe i prigotovlennoe [Mythology: raw and cooked]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Parsons, Y. Sistemy deistviya ...
Filling the space between two opposite parties: Edward Stanleyand a centre party
10. London, Friday, February 27, 1835 // The Times. 1835. 27 Febr. P. 6.
11. London, Thursday, January 15, 1835 // The Times. 1835. 15 Jan. P. 6.
12. Lord Melbourne's papers / ed. by L. Ch. Sanders. L., 1889.
13. Lord Stanley’s Address to the Elections of the Northern Division of the County Palatine of Lancaster // The Time. 1835. 6 Jan. P. 5.
14. Malmesbury, earl of. Memoirs of an Ex-Minister. An Autobiography. L., 1885.
15. Murrey J. Sir Robert Peel's address to the Electors of the Borough ...
The metropolitan student community and the Constitutional Democratic Party: The Saint Petersburg student faction of the Party of People’s Freedom in 1905—1908
... Горохов В. Из истории студенческого движения: 1899—1906 гг.СПб., б. г.
Constitutional Democratic Party, student movement, student corporation, Revolution of 1905—1907, academic autonomy, elections to the State Duma, Council of faculty monitors
The system of financing political parties in Latvia
... regaining independence in 1991, business has been a principal source of financing for Latvian political parties. The scope of financing of political parties in the republic depends on the intensity of political struggle and increases in the period of election campaigns. However, the scope of financing is closely correlated with the degree to which a party affects the political process in the country.
1. Латвийские СМИ на службе политических интересов. URL: ...
Speech representation of the category of authorship in modern Serbian journalism
... reveals the specificity of the speech representation of the author’s category in the texts of contemporary Serbian publicists, devoted to the most acute and topical events in the life of Serbia’s domestic policy, in particular to the events of the election race and the results of the presidential elections in 2017. Particular attention is drawn to the ways of representing this category through the aggression in the authors’ speech. The purpose of the study is to determine the vector of modernization ...
Estonian Political Parties in the mid-2010s
... consider any of the four dominant parties as a representative of their interests; thus, they vote for parties that had not been previously represented in the parliament. This allowed for two minor political parties to pass into the parliament at 2015 elections: the Estonian Conservative People’s Party, and Free Party. In the long run the minor parties will be able to keep parliamentary seats depending on their ability to build coalitions, either with the three governing parties — Reform Party,...
1+1-Dimensional Yang — Mills Equations and Mass via Quasiclassical Correction to Action
... Matveev's 65th Birthday. arXiv:1104.3848v1 [math-ph].
13. Faddeev L. D. Mass in Quantum Yang-Mills Theory (Comment on a Clay Millenium Problem). arXiv:0911.1013v1 [math-ph].
14. Leble S., Perelomova A. The Dynamical Projectors Method: Hydro and Electrodynamics. CRC Presss, 2018.
15. Drach J. Sur l'integration par quadrature de léquation // Comptes Rendus Acad. Sci. 1919. Vol. 168, iss. 7. P. 337—340.
16. Kwiatkowski G., Leble S. Quantum Corrections to Quasi-Periodic Solution of Sine-Gordon ...
The discourse of “European identity” in the conditions of the EU crisis
... European Identity to the Historical Limits of a Concept. URL:http://www.scribd.com/Euroculture_Krakow/d/67862488-A-European-Identity-To-the-Historical-Limits-of-a-oncept#outer_page_15 (дата обращения: 06.03.2012).
19. European Parliament election turnout 1979—2009. URL: http://www.ukpolitical.info/european-parliament-election-turnout.htm (дата обращения: 17.03.2012).
20. Вайнштейн Г. Европейская идентичность. Возникающая реальность ...
The political debate on the change of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland after the parliamentary elections of 2015
In 1997, the Constitution of the Republic of Poland was adopted. Since then, constitutional disputes have continued in Poland. After the 2015 elections, they sharpened. In addition, Polish President Andrzej Duda proposed a change to the Constitution of the Republic of Poland. This initiated a political debate on constitutional matters. They are the subject of the article. Moreover, the most important current constitutional dilemmas were analyzed. The current constitutional debate refers both...
Condorcet interpretation of probability’s theory: the use of a mathematical construct to the field of social action
... 18th century, Nicolas de Condorcet (1743—1794) first proposed to apply probability theory to moral and political disciplines thus creating a basis for social forecasting. The methods he developed made it possible to predict the results of political elections and formed the basis for the theory of social choice. However, Condorcet’s ideas on the limits of mathematical constructs’ application in social and moral sciences opened up opportunities for social philosophy to go beyond the borders of ...
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
... by the negative repercussions of the system of integration of migrants into the society based on the multiculturalism principles. The interethnic tension manifested itself in the wide support for the Swedish Democrats Party in the 2010 parliamentary election. From a political party system dominated by social democrats, the Swedish political party system turned into one with two leading parties – the centre-left Swedish Social Democratic Labour Party and the centre-right Moderate Party. The Swedish ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... of Lithuania, 1992, 2 Nov., available at:http://www3.lrs. lt/home/Konstitucija/Constitution. htm (accessed 10 May 2011).
34. Smirnov, V. A., Sutyrin, V. V. 2011, Russia as an irritant factor for the political elitess of the Baltics in the context of election campaigns of 2010—2011: an expert opinion, Baltic Region, no 2 (8), p. 146—153. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-15, available at: http://journals.kantiana.ru/upload/iblock/d5f/Vadim%20A.%20Smirnov
_125-130.pdf (accessed 10 May 2011).
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Evropy [The role of small parties in the party political system of Germany: reports of the Institute of Europe], 2015, Moscow, Institute of Europe, RAS, p. 88. (In Russ.)
24. Timoshenkova, Е. П. 2015, The party political system of Germany after the elections to the Bundestag: the main development trends (2014—2015), Vestnik MGIMO Universiteta [Bulletin of the University of Moscow State Institute of International Relations], no. 5 (44), p. 108—117. (In Russ.)
25. Sides, J. Citrin, J. 2007, How ...