The functioning of performatives in the texts of documents: The case of appeal letters
This article deals with the functional and semantic features of performative verbs in the texts of documents. Performatives are defined as significant structure and content components of text solving the pragmatic task of establishing the contact between the addresser and addressee. The author identifies the communicative and pragmatic features of ...
The parameterisation of document texts as a means of genre identification
... are not always highlighted in the text, the marker of the genre can be speech formulas performing the same function. This article proposes the following parameters of the genre: document title, addressee, the date of the document, the place of the document. Their application to documentary texts is demonstrated using regional historical documents – messages and reports comprising the 18th-century document collection of the Mikhaylovsky Stanitsa Ataman executive office of the Don Cossack Host.
1. Балясова Е. С., Шептухина ...
The functional determination of speech aspects of a document
... университета. Сер. 2: Языкознание. 2014. № 2 (21). С. 82—87.
7. Шмелева Т. В. Модель речевого жанра // Жанры речи. Саратов, 1997. С. 88—98.
Bystrova A. S., Kosova M. V.
document text, the document function, the model of the speech genre, genre elements, verbal organization of the text
Linguistic Means of achieving coherence in the regional certifycation documentation in the middle of the 18th century
... event in the past, which means that retrospect of the text is enhanced. At the same time, connectivity between text fragments is provided by anaphoric pronouns and deictic means. The peculiarity of the passport is that it is intended to present the document in the future and implies the availability of more information, for this reason the passport texts are more narrative, and characterized by retrospection and prospection. This implies a wider composition of the means of cohesion: lexical repetitions, pronouns in the cataphoric function, various deixis means, and discursive words.
1. Гальперин ...
Linguistic means of expressing strategies and tactics in the texts of charter documents of a volunteer organisation
... in the regulations on the centre establishment and job descriptions to express the communicative purpose of regulating department and employee activities. The author identifies the linguistic means of implementing said strategies and tactics in the texts of these documents.
1. Баландина Н. А. Дискурс переговоров в англоязычной деловой коммуникации : автореф. дис. ... канд. филол. наук. Волгоград, 2004.
2. Даньшина ...
Linguistics of documents and media texts
Sergey Askoldov’s Reviews concerning Kant and Others Published in the Russian Press in Early Twentieth Century
... Materials, Indexes]. Moscow: Tsiolkovsky Bookstore Publishing, pp. 125-144. (In Rus.)
Kolerov, M.A., 2018a. New Editions and Texts of Sources on the History of Russian Thought. Part 1: (...) S. Bulgakov. German Science on Morozov’s Interpretation of ... ... politicheskogo idealizma: 1904—1927. Ocherki i dokumenty. [Archeology of Russian Political Idealism: 1904—1927. Essays and Documents]. Moscow: Common Place, pp. 260-277. (In Rus.)
Kolerov, M.A., 2019a. New Evidence of a Contemporary about Vladimir Solovyov....
The Legal Regulation of the EU Immigrant Integration Policy
(дата обращения: 10.05.2018).
10. Case C-153/14, Minister van Buitenlandse Zaken, 2015 // Court of Justice. URL:
%252F86 %252F&docid=165654&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=510201#ctx1 (дата обращения: 10.05.2018).
11. Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council Towards a Reform of ...
Opposition of modalities in petition formulas as a reflection of the business correspondence culture in the Russian languagee of late XVII — early XVIII cc.
... correspondence in the initial period of the formation of the Russian language, the authors explore the specifics of the formulas that make up phraseological units. Employing a functional-semantic analysis of the modalities of possibility/impossibility in the texts of petitions, the authors identify the role of these modalities in the structure of business documents reflecting the culture of communication and social relations during the studied period in the history of Russian society.
1. Волков С. С. Лексика русских челобитных XVII века. Формуляр, традиционные ...
Compounds in Fyodor Ivanov’s texts (based on «A letter…» and «A petition…» of 1666)
This article draws a connection between compounds, on the one hand, and the general meaning of two documents from the manuscript legacy of an ideologist of the mid-17th-century Russian Orthodox schism and his worldview, on the other. The study aims to consider through the prism of diachronic linguistic personology the texts authored by the dyak Fedor Ivanov. The content of the article is a product of its methodology, namely, continuous sampling, using which 193 with several roots were obtained; context analysis; and interpretation. From the perspective of historical ...
The principles of economic protection of the marine environment of the Baltic Sea
... 1982 г. //Организация Объединенных Наций. URL: http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/unclos_r.pdf (дата обращения: 24.01.2014).
19. Конвенция по защите природной ... ... окружающей среде и развитию // Организация Объединенных Наций. URL: http://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/declarations/riodecl.shtml (дата обращения: 23.09.2013).
26. Толстых В. Л. Курс ...
Linguistic and pragmatic potential of metaphors in political discourse
... research has shown that a wide range of metaphors is used for achieving a powerful information and emotional effect of political texts contributing to the pragmatic potential and a strong effect of a political speech.
1. Арутюнова Н. Д. Метафора ... ....2018).
17. Thatcher Margaret, Speech to Conservative Party Conference 10 October 1980. URL:
(дата обращения: 07.12.2018).
Bondarenko I. V.
extended metaphor, mixed metaphor, verbal impact,...
Schliesslich will man ja Kunst schaffen. Daniel Kehlmanns humoristische Poetik («Finally, there is a need to create art»: Daniel Kehlmann’s humoristic poetics)
... the face of reality.
Kehlmann’s world-famous novel Measuring the World should be con-sidered not as a veracious historical document, but rather as a free play with the biographies of Alexander von Humboldt and Karl Friedrich Gauss. Kehlmann focuses ... ... instance, Gabriel García Márquez).
1. Ahrend Th. No more dogs! Erfahrungen mit Daniel Kehlmann // Arnold H. L. (Hrsg.). Text + Kritik 177: Daniel Kehlmann. München, 2008. S. 68—72.
2. Jean P. [= Richter, Johann Friedrich Paul]. Vorschule der ...
“Russian people” in the literature and documents of the 19th century: an experience of linguistic portraiture
The article describes the ideologeme “Russian people” and its use in the texts of fiction and documentary literature of the 19th century. The authors explored both the socio-political concept “'Russian people” and its verbalization in Russian. The research material included examples from the Russian National Corpus, which ...
The legal regime of property of religious nature: The canonical aspect
...., 2006. Ч. 2, кн. 2.
4. Основы социальной концепции РПЦ. URL: http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/141422 (дата обращения: 25.05.2014).
5. Павлов А. С. Из лекций. Имущественное ... ... Т. 16, № 14409.
10. Устав Русской православной церкви. URL: http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/document/133114/ (дата обращения: 22.05.2014).
11. О свободе совести и о религиозных ...
Do Historians Need Categories of State Cordiality and Incurable Wounds?
Resolution 1633 (2008). The consequences of the war between Georgia and Russia
international relations, Europe, state, sovereignty, national memory, continuity.
Infinitive sentences as a means of expressing modal semantics
... interaction of modal semantics with the pragmatic background of the utterance. The authors identify a variety of modal meanings, including those of necessity and obligation expressed by constructions with an independent infinitive in legislative directive documents. The authors analyze the dependence of the semantics of these constructions on the genre of the text.
1. Буралова Р. А. Оптативные высказывания с независимым инфинитивом в современном русском языке // Функциональный анализ прагматических ...
Communication of Covid-19 consequences in the Baltic States inforsphere
... describe the dynamics of Covid-19 in the Baltic States and to analyse the ways of communicating the threat and its consequences. Particular attention is paid to the media strategies pursued in the study area. The research is based on Russian and English texts from the Baltic media, WHO official documents and datasets, as well as initiatives of the Baltic Sea region organisations (2020) counteracting Covid-19. A combination of these sources builds up an objective view of the situation and demonstrates how the pandemic and its consequences are ...
The Masonic Word: Types and Functions
... that guide the Masons, and in the sources that they produce themselves, the term “Word” dominates in the meaning of a “text, an idea or a communicative unit”. This determines the importance of the research. Its purpose is to identify the characteristics ... ...
biblehub.com/bsb/genesis/1.htm (Accessed 5 February 2019).
7. Bernard D. Light on Masonry: a collection of all the most important documents on the subject of speculative free masonry; embracing the reports of the Western Committees in relation to the abduction ...
Latvia in the System of European Territorial Security: a View from the Inside and Outside
... Security Challenges as Challenges to Peace Research, St. Petersburg University Press, p. 300—311.
20. Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, 1995, Opinion No. 183 (1995) on the Application by Latvia for Membership of the Council of Europe. Text adopted by the Assembly on January 31, available at: http://assembly.coe.int/ Documents/AdoptedText/TA95/Eopi183.htm. (accessed 09.11.2014).
21. Luxembourg European Council, 1997, Presidency Conclusions, 12 and 13 December, no. SN400/97, available at: http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/ec/032a0008....
Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives
... Concept of the Russian Federation], 1993, Diplomaticheskij vestnik [Diplomatic bulletin], no. 1—2.
22. Koncepcija vneshnej politiki Rossijskoj Federacii [The Foreign Policy Concept of the Russian Federation], 2008, available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/text/docs/2008/07/204108.shtml (accessed 03.04.2014).
23. Koncepcija vneshnej politiki Rossijskoj Federacii [The Foreign Policy Concept of the Russian Federation], 2013, available at: http://www.scrf.gov.ru/documents/2/25.html (accessed 03.04.2014).
24. Olenchenko, V. 2012, Vetry Baltiki [Winds Baltic], Prjamye investicii [Direct investment], no. 8 (124), p. 20.
25. Maksimychev, I. F. 2013, Pribaltika: nepredvzjatyj vzgljad istorika [Baltics: an unbiased ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... 2015 god [Review of the Steel Market in 2015]. 2015, Deloitte, available at: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/ru/Documents/manufacturing/russian/ru-iron-and-steel-... (accessed 15.02.2016).
9. Obrashhenie general'nogo direktora [Address by ... ... Delovaja jelektronnaja gazeta Biznes Online [Business e-Business Newspaper Online], available at: http://www.business-gazeta.ru/text/142248/ (accessed 19.02.2016).
20. Shastitko, А. Е. 2010, Novaja institucional'naja jekonomicheskaja teorija [New Institutional ...
Human rights in EU-Russia relations: a human rights mechanism
... External Action. URL: http://ec.europa.eu/external_relations/russia/docs/2007—2013_en.pdf (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
6. Opinion № 193 (1996) on Russia’s request for membership of the Council of Europe. Parliamentary Assembly. Text adopted by the Assembly on 25 Jan. 1996 (7th sitting). Council of Europe. URL: http://assembly.coe.int/Main.asp?link=/Documents/AdoptedText/ta96/EOPI193.htm (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
7. The monitoring procedure of the Parliamentary Assembly. AS/Mon/Inf(2013)06. 2013. 21 Mar. / Committee on the Honouring of Obligations and Commitments by member states ...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... [Indicators of scientific and technological capacity. Methods of comparative analysis], available at: http://sci. informika.ru/text/magaz/ newpaper/messedu/cour0112/270.htm (accessed 13 February 2012).
2. Amosenok, E. P., Bazhanov, V. A. 2006, Integral'naja ... ... novaja jekonomika [International Organisations Research Journal], no. 7, available at: http://www. gosbook. ru/system/files/documents/2011/05/24/analytical_material. pdf (accessed 13 January 2012).
27. Shlyakhto, I. V. 2007, Ocenka innovacionnogo potenciala ...