Cultural and landscape zoning in the North- West Russia
This research was conducted in the framework of cultural geography — a relatively recent field of geography. This article considers the problems of geographical study of cultural landscapes of the North-West Russia, which includes Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad, Novgorod, Pskov, and Kaliningrad regions. This article sets out to develop and test the methodology for historical and cultural zoning at the mesogeographical level. ...
Сultural landscapes and socio-economic conditioning of modern landscape development
The article deals with modern concepts of cultural landscapes in Russian and foreign geography, as well as approaches to the zoning of cultural landscapes. The approaches to landscape-cultural and historical-geographical zoning considered in the article appear to be logical and scientifically substantiated; ...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
This article considers the development of cultural landscapes on the agricultural periphery of the Kaliningrad region. These territories are analysed in view of historical, geographical, social, economic, and political factors. Owing to its history, the Kaliningrad region boasts a unique combination of ...
Cultural landscape system zoning of the European part of Russia
The article is devoted to the study of cultural landscape systems of the European part of Russia. The author addresses the problems of the current state of cultural landscape zoning in Russian geography and considers a vari-ant of cultural landscape zoning of the European part of Russia at different ...
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
... article addresses methodology of modern landscape studies from the perspective of natural and man-made components of a territory. Railway infrastructure is not only an important system-building element of economic and settlement patterns; it also affects cultural landscapes. The study of cartographic materials and historiography made it possible to identify the main stages of the development of the Kaliningrad railway network in terms of its territorial scope and to describe causes of the observed changes. Historically,...
The landscape approach to nature management in South-East Baltic
... Kaliningrad region is a small territory of Russia in the centre of Europe. It differs from other Russian regions in natural conditions and reclamation history. The recent socioeconomic development has been associated with anthropogenic pressure on natural and cultural landscapes created during seven hundred years. It has a negative effect on the environment. The author considers several nature management practices and suggests using the landscape approach for the optimization of nature management of in the region. ...
History of creation, modern ecological condition, landscape structure of M. Ashmann park in Kaliningrad
... landscape park is located in densely populated new districts of Selma and Severnaya Gora and is actively used by the townspeople for recreation. However, its environmental conditions do not meet the standards. The park is a 100-year old historical and cultural heritage. Complex field and historicalgeographical studies were carried out to assess its condition. The study of the ecological state of the park involved landscape mapping, which made it possible to reveal the structure of the landscape of the territory at the level of tracts and to evaluate the efficiency of drainage systems reconstruction. Completed work produced the recommendations on correcting the ...
Impact of external migration on changes in the Swedish religious landscape
... the growth rates of adherents of Islam are concerned. Immigrants are exposed to adaptation difficulties causing their social, cultural and geographical isolation and making relatively isolated migrant communities emerge. This study aims at finding correlation ... ... geographical structure of migrant flows into the country. This novel study addresses the mosaic structure of the Swedish religious landscape taking into account the cyclical dynamics of replacement of Protestantism by Islam. The methods we created make it possible ...
Opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region and offers methodology for it. The author outlines types of the information required: genetic types of natural landscapes, spatial settlement and land use features, and the network components of the landscapes environment....
The current condition of Kaliningrad landscape environment (methodology and basic results)
An original methodology for studying cultural landscapes and regenerative successions on territories of different genesis is used as a basis for a map of the current conditions of the landscapes of the Kaliningrad region. The authors come to a conclusion that shrinking socioeconomic space leads to ...
«Cultivate Your Garden»: Natural Existence Utopia of Enlightenment Man in Park and Garden Landscapes (on the Example of “Life and Adventures” by Andrei Bolotov)
...., 1996. С. 220—262.
. Утопизм и садово-парковое искусство эпохи Просвещения //
Культура эпохи Просвещения. М., 1993.
landscape utopia, place utopia, aberration of memorialist’s point of
view, sentimental pantheism, rural garden idyll, antinomic character of Enlightenment culture.
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... emergence of a new attraction and its inclusion into travel itineraries and landmark maps. The authors look at the experience of development of historical European towns from the perspective of tourist attractiveness and explore the role of architectural landscape in creating a positive image of a town for tourists; they also provide a background for including historical and cultural landmarks into a traveller’s experience. The authors analyse the results of the international urban development competition for the best concept of the historical area of the centre of Kaliningrad Korolevskaya Gora and Its Surroundings/The ...
Formation of the cultural landscape of the modern Kaliningrad region in the stone age
The authors reflect on the interaction of nature and society in the territory of the modern Kaliningrad region in the Stone Age. Natural factors played a decisive role in the formation of the region’s cultural landscape. In the Stone Age, anthropogenic changes in the natural environment were minimal and were mainly noticed in separate components of the natural landscape. At the boundary of the Paleolithic and Mesolithic periods, megafauna species — mammoths,...
Strakauskaitė N. Kultūros kraštovaizdis prie Kuršių marių (The cultural landscapes of the Curonian lagoon area)
Mankeviсh M. A.
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... space/space and imaginations / eds. I. I. Mitin, D. N. Zamyatin]. Мoscow, p. 378—397.
15. Shchukin V. G. 2012, Ot mietafiziki lanshafta k fienomienologii nacii. F. А. Stepun ob osobennostiah russkoj kultury [From metaphysics to the phenomenology of the landscape of the nation. F. A. Stepun about the peculiarities of Russian culture] // Fedor Avgustovich Stepun / pod red. V. K. Kantora [Fyodor Avgustovich Stepun / ed. V. K. Kantor]. Мoscow, p. 55—74.
16. Czardybon B. А. 2011, Belyj i neokantianstvo [A. Belyj and neo-Kantianism] // Miry Andreja Belogo / pod red. K. Ichin,...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Spaces: The Case of Disappearing Science in Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Coastal Management, Vol. 35, no. 4, p. 429—443.
42. Makhzoumi, J., Chmaitelly, H., Lteif, C. 2012, Holistic conservation of biocultural diversity in coastal Lebanon: A landscape approach, Journal of Marine and Island Cultures, Vol. 1, no. 1, p. 27—37.
43. Metchnikoff, L. 1889, La civilisationet les grands fleuveshistoriques.
44. Nicholls, R. J., Wong, P. P., Burkett, V. R. et al. 2007, Coastal systems and low-lying areas. Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation ...
Coastal and recreation landscape of Kaliningrad: modern potential and prospects for spatial development
The authors have conducted a comprehensive assessment of Kaliningrad suburban areas and identified the coastal landscape and recreation area within the ring road impact. Comprehensive analysis resulted in the typology of internal areas ... ... оценка // Эко. 1995. [e11] С. 108—118.
Emelyanova L. L., Feoktistova K. S.
recreation, tourism, historical and cultural potential, natural potential and specially protected natural areas, sustainable development, urban planning, functional ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
... Moscow, Russia, June 22, 2002.
13. Julian V. Minghi. From conflict to harmony in border landscapes // The Geography of Border Landscapes / ed. by Dennis Rumley and Julian V. Minghi. London & New York, 1991.
14. Эмерсон М. Слон и медведь.... ... обращения: 01.12.2013).
20. Barth F. Introduction, in F Barth (ed.) Ethnic Groups and Boundaries The Social Organisation of Cultural Difference London 1969. Рус. пер. Барт Ф. Этнические группы и социальные границы....
Biological and social needs in the system of urban-ecological attitudes
Ф., Тахо-Годи А.
Платон. Аристотель. М., 1993.
Архитектурная утопия. Природа и человек. Свет. 2000. №
Dremova Ye. A.
urboecosystem, cultural landscapes, sustainable development, human needs.
Territorial structure of the denominational space of the South-East Baltic
The South-East Baltic is a meeting place of three branches of Christianity: Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Lutheranism. Dominant in the Baltic region, these religious confessions define the cultural landscape of the area. At the same time, they have an indirect effect on socio-economic development. In this study, we aim to identify the main components of the territorial structure and the formation and transformation factors of the denominational ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... 1976—1990, Moscow, p. 1—9. (in Russ.)
21. List of historical settlements of the RSFSR. Fast. Collegium of the Ministry of Culture of the RSFSR of February 19, 1990, No. 12. (in Russ.)
22. Tikhomirov, M. N. 1956, Starorusskie goroda [Old Russian towns],... ... I., Lavalle, C. et al. 2006, Are Europeancities Becousing Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol.77, no. 1—2, p. 111—130.
33. Kosinski, L. 1967, Geografia ludnosc,. Warszawa, p. 280.
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
... centuries], Pskov regionologichesky Journal, no. 15, p. 154—159.
14. Potahin, S. B. 2008, Tradicionnoe prirodopol'zovanie v vostochnoj Fennoskandii: istoriko-landshaftnye faktory razvitija [Traditional land in eastern Fennoscandia: historical and landscape development factors], thesis abstract, Saint Petersburg, 46 p.
15. Pimenov, V. V. (ed.), 1989, Problemy istorii i kul'tury vepsskoj narodnosti [Problems of the history and culture of peoples Veppsian], Petrozavodsk, 171 p.
16. Jetnograficheskaja karta Evropejskoj Rossii, sostavlennaja P. Keppenom [Ethnographic map of European Russia, compiled by P. Keppen], 1851, Saint Petersburg.
17. Jetnodemograficheskij atlas pribaltijsko-finskih ...
North-West Russia in the context of European integration
... Baltic States became a platform for emergence and recognition of the Baltic Sea region. The author focuses on the social and cultural integrity of the region and considers the traditional Nordic countries and the Baltic Sea states as interrelated components ... ... single region, different from other European regions in terms of economic interests, as well as its natural and sociocultural landscape.
1. Witte, S. Yu. 1960, Vospominanija [Memoirs], Мoscow, Vol. 2, p. 122—123.
2. Karlbek, H. 2002, Russkoe v Shvecii ...
Discursive practices of the Russian diaspora in Estonia: language contacts
... else's". In: Acta Slavica Estonica. Vol. VIII. Tartu. pp. 78-88 (in Russ.).
Kostandi, E.I., 2016г. Typical discourse of the diaspora: language selfidentification. In: Kul'turnyi landshaft Pogranich'ya: proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee [The cultural landscape of the Borderlands: past, present, future]. Pskov, pp. 115-121 (in Russ.).
Külmoja, I., 2000. Specific features of the language of the Russian diaspora in Estonia. In: Trudy po russkoi i slavyanskoi filologii. Lingvistika. Novaya seriya. III....
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
4. Berest, А. А. 2010, Katenarnyj paragenezis v landshaftovedenii: problemy issledovanija [Catenary paragenesis in landscape: the research problem], Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Serija Estestvennye i tehnicheskie nauki [Vestnik Tambov University.... ... Serija. Geografija [Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Series Geography], no. 3, p. 5.
8. Kul'tura Povolzh'ja [Culture of the Volga], 2014, Saint Petersburg, 260 p.
9. Kul'tura Urala [Culture Urals], 2012, Saint Petersburg, 173 p.
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... education standards. The same cooperation model is used in a new international master programme — Cold Regions Environmental Landscapes Integrated Science (CORELIS). The programme started in 2016. It is implemented jointly by Hamburg university (the lead ... ... Inland Waters, Vol. 29, no. 3, p. 332—334. DOI: 10.1016/S0075-9511(99)80024-3.
15. Research works ordered by the Committee of culture and formation of the European Parliament for 2015, 2015, available at:
Between profession and public engagement: Evolution of the public history movement in America
... and Urban History // Journal of Architectural Education. 1988. Vol. 41. P. 45—51.
21. Hayden D. The Power of Place: Urban Landscapes as Public History. Cambridge (MA), 1995.
22. Hurley A. Beyond preservation — using public history to revitalize inner ... ... Historian. 2006. № 4. P. 19—50.
24. Jenkins H., Clinton K., Purushotma R. et al. Confronting the challenges of participatory culture: Media education for the 21st century. Chicago, 2006.
25. Johnson G. W. The Origins of The Public Historian and the National ...
On combining translator training with foreign language teaching
Contemporary methodological landscape in translator training (TT) is dominated by the competence-based principles whose epistemological roots are found in ... ... to needs and situation analysis and skills transferability from the contemporary experience of Polish translator training culture. Dissertation. Available at:
[accessed 12 February 2019]....
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... regulation], Moscow, p. 153—167.
4. Ioffe, G., Nefedova, Т. 2000, Kvazitjunenovskij landshaft v regionah Rossii [Kvazityunenovsky landscape in the regions of Russia]. In: Rossijskie regiony i centr: vzaimodejstvie v jekonomicheskom prostranstve [Russian regions ... ...
5. Castells, M. 2000, Informacionnaja jepoha: jekonomika, obshhestvo i kul'tura [The Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture], Moscow, Higher School of Economics.
6. Klimat gorodov Rossii [Climate Russian cities], Atlas Yakutia, available at: ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... K. R. Managing for Joint Ventures Success. Lexington : Lexington Books, 1986.
30. Harrison B. Lean and mean: the changing landscape of corporate power in the age of flexibility. Cambridge : Harvard University Press, 1994.
31. Hergert M., Morris D.... ... Learning in Biotechnology // Administrative Science Quarterly. 1996. № 41. P. 116—45.
52. Saxenian A. Regional advantage: Culture and competition in Silicon Valley and Route 128. Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press, 1994.
53. Seufert A., von ...
From Marburg to Odessa: A contribution to a scientific bio-graphy of S. L. Rubinstein
... personal archives of philosophers in order to establish the ideational sources of their concepts and reconstruct their intellectual landscape.
1. Белов В. Н. Система критического идеализма Германа Когена // Вопросы ... ... Marburg]. In: Pamjatniki kul'tury. Novye otkrytija. Pis'men-nost'. Iskusstvo. Arheologija. Ezhegodnik 1989 [The monuments of culture. The new discove-ries. Writings. Art. Archeology. Yearbook 1989], Moscow, p. 51—75.21. Rech’ Jakova Maze v chest’ ...