The phenomenon of globalization and the problem of cultural diversity of society
This article considers the phenomenon of globalisation. The author analyses the content and perspectives of this phenomenon in various aspects with particular emphasis on cultural aspects and stresses the need for cultural diversity in the framework of the sustainable development of society in the context of the systematic and synergetic approaches. Special attention is paid to the role of education in preserving cultural diversity.
The theoretical framework a teacher’s cross-cultural compe-tence: International practice
... Europe. 2013.
5. Bennett J., Bennett M. Developing intercultural sensitivity: An integrative ap¬proach to global and domestic diversity. In D Landis, J. M. Bennett, & M. J. Bennett (Eds.). Handbook of intercultural training. Third Edition. Thousand Oaks,... ... internationalization // Journal of Studies in Intercultural Educa¬tion. 2006. № 10. P. 241—266.
10. Fantini A. E. Language, culture, and worldview: Exploring the nexus // International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 1995. № 19. P. 143—153.
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... Participation in Europe, Edinburgh, 360 p. DOI:
23. Okin, S. 1999, Multiculturalism Bad for Women? Princeton, Princeton University Press, 146 p.
24. Parekh, B. C. 2002, Rethinking Multiculturalism: Cultural Diversity and Political Theory, Cambridge, Mass, 400 p.
25. Bienvenu, H. 2016, Poland «changing for the worse» for Muslims and refugees, EUobserver, available at:
26. Rasmussen, ...
The social and pedagogical determinants of inclusive education: A comparative analysis of Western and Russian ideas
...?: an examination of the discourses of teachers and pupils in British secondary schools // Equality, participation and inclusion 2: Diverse contexts / ed. J. Rix [et al.]. L. ; N. Y., 2010. P. 232—250.
13. Armstrong F. Inclusive education: school cultures, teaching and learning // Teaching and learning in diverse and inclusive classrooms: Key issues for new teachers / ed. G. Richards, F. Armstrong. L. ; N. Y., 2011. P. 7—18.
14. Jordan A. Introduction to inclusive education. Toronto, 2007.
15. Loreman T. Inclusive education: Supporting diversity in ...
Between mysticism and technique: anagram the European Baroque culture
The author analyses the history of anagrams in the European baroque culture of the 17th century, shows a rich diversity of literary genres where anagrams are used, and identifies the main trends and techniques of creating anagrams. The article outlines the scope of problems for a future study of anagrams in different areas of contemporary European culture.
Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
... ago, in 2000, the conservation area was listed by UNESCO as a place of considerable natural significance. The field studies were carried out as part of the international project Ecotour4Natur: Ecotourism as a Tool for the Preservation of Natural and Cultural Heritage within the Lithuania-Russia Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2014—2020. The developed algorithm for eco-trail design may benefit other national parks as well.
1. Hose, T. A. 2011, The English Origins of Geotourism (as a Vehicle ...
Sociocultural factors of cross-cultural sensitivity in university students
... features of the environment – both of the city and the university; the capacity of the environment to create condi-tions for diverse social experience.
Special role in the development of intercultural sensitivity is played by the academic specialization: ... ... not only professional competence, focused on the other person but also personal qualities that con-tribute to sensitivity to cultural differences of others.
The results of the study show that the most important factors of intercul-tural sensitivity development ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... 1(235), p. 127—144. (In Russ.)
4. Vishnevski, А. G. 2015, After the Demographic Transition: Divergence, Convergence or Diversity? Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social Sciences and Modernity], no. 2, p. 112—129. (In Russ.)
5. Voinikov,... ... prostranstv: ekonomicheskie, sotsial'nye, kul'turnye i ekologicheskie protsessy [Mosaic urban spaces: economic, social, cultural and ecological processes], Collected materials of All-Russian scientific conference, Moscow, MSU, 27—29 November ...
Discursive and media borders of criticism in arts (based on written materials in German)
... characteristics of criticism of modern media genres. The analysed examples of criticism from German press focusing on arts and culture make it possible to reveal certain trends in the media perception in the early 21st century
1. Богоявленский ... ... «Wetten, dass..?» Wettkandidat Andreas Malzan bei der Kakteen-Wette // Focus. 2010. 7. November. URL: http://www.focus.de/kultur/ diverses/medien-teenie-idole-bei-wetten-dass-_aid_569600.html (дата обращения: 15.09.2014).
10. Hepp A. Medienkultur....
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... factors and conditions of supporting innovative entrepreneurship. Of special importance are the research, technological, and innovative potential of the territory, the availability of adequate innovative infrastructure, and the formation of innovative culture. The authors corroborate the idea of innovative entrepreneurship development in rural territories through the transformation of organizational and economic mechanism of management relating to the creation of institutional, infrastructure, and ...
In search of a theoretical framework for factors influencing work and life balance
... framework for WLB and job satisfaction. It also offers a review of the literature on individual and organisational factors in WLB. Both groups of factors are found to be critical. These are job involvement, tenure, workload and scheduling, organisational culture (leadership, recreational opportunities, flexibility, supervisor support, autonomy, boundary management, alternative working methods etc.), occupational stress, and salary. In diverse fields, these factors have different weight.
1. Kanai, A. 2009, Karoshi (Work to Death in Japan), Journal of Business Ethics, no. 84, p. 209—216. doi:
2. Nishiyama, K., Johnson, J. V. 1997, Karoshi—Death ...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... application for a heritage site, Computers in Human Behavior, no. 50, p. 588—599. doi: 10.1016/j. chb.2015.02.068. 3.
4. Chung, N., Lee, H., Kim, J-Y., Koo, C. 2018, The Role of Augmented Reality for Experience-Influenced Environments: The Case of Cultural Heritage Tourism in Korea, Journal of Travel Research, vol. 57, no. 5, p. 627—643. doi: 10.1177/0047287517708255.4.
5. Trunfio, M., Campana, S. 2020, A visitors’ experience model for mixed reality in the museum, Current Issues in Tourism,...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... change in Arctic Sweden, Journal of Tourism Futures,vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 91—101. doi: 10.1108/JTF-05-2019-0046.
5. Pashkevich, A. 2017, Processes of Reinterpretation of Mining Heritage: the Case of Bergslagen, Sweden, ALMATOUIRSM Journal of Tourism, Culture and Territorial Development, no. 7, p. 107—123. doi: 10.6092/issn.2036-5195/6758.
6. Lundmark, L. J. T., Fredman, P., Sandell, K. 2010, National Parks and Protected Areas and the Role for Employment in Tourism and Forest Sectors: a Swedish Case,...
Peritext of the Russian translation of William Hogarth’s Analysis of Beauty: a case study
... applications. Vol. 4. London: Routledge.
Nord, C., 2012. Paratranslation — a new paradigm or a re-invented wheel? Perspectives: Studies in Translation Theory and Practice, 20(4), pp. 399—409.
Rebrii, O. V., 2018. Translation as a means of constructing cultures: philosophical foregrounding. Cognition, Communication, Discourse, Series “Philology”, pp. 64—71.
Rée, J., 2001. The Translation of Philosophy. New Literary History, 32 (2), pp. 223—257.
Rodica, D., 2009. Translators’ prefaces as documentary ...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... countries and the Kaliningrad region, and crop yields are growing throughout the region. Given the characteristic features of agricultural land management dynamics, subregions and the main trends in their development were determined.
1. Бабурин ... ... Economic Literature. 1988. № 26 (3). P. 1120—1171.
22. Feldman M. P., Audretsch D. B. Innovation in cities: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition // European Economic Review. 1999. № 43 (2). P. 409—429. doi: 10.1016/S0014-2921(98)00047-6....
The philosophy of the text as texts of philosophy
... textualization (single words, paremia, aphoristics, parables, detailed plots, hermeneutic interpretations, conceptual systems) does not exclude visual, activity-driven textualizations and their mutual translations. Philosophy is capable of taking on diverse, dissimilar forms. It is as diversified as the paths of human self-determination, self-awareness, self-explanation, and self-justification. Therefore, the claims to exclusiveness and validity of any one way to textualize philosophizing do not ...
The Conjunction Functions of the Particle tolko: A Conjunction Particle vs a Conjunction Analogue
... Collection of scientific researches]. Erevan. pp. 50—58.
4. Apresyan, V. Yu., 2004. Pliability: language relations. In: Yu. D. Apresyan, ed. Sokrovennye smysly: Slovo. Tekst. Kul'tura. Sb. statei v chest' N. D. Arutyunovoi [The hidden meanings: Word. Text. Culture. Collection of articles in honor of N. D. Arutyunova]. Moscow. pp. 255—266.
5. Baranov, A. N., Plungyan, V. A., Rakhilina, E. V., 1993. Guide to the discursive words of the Russian language [Putevoditel' po diskursivnym slovam russkogo yazyka]....
Was there ever realism? On the periodisation of Western European literature
... Balzac did not associate themselves with realism and Flaubert objected to being called a realist. The author emphasizes the diversity of schools, trends, and literary techniques in the European literature of the second part of the 19th century.
1.... ... analyzing the restructuring of realism in the literature of the XIX century. In: Mikhailov, A. V. Yazyki kul'tury [Languages of Culture]. Moscow. pp. 43—111.
7. Vaskinevich, A. I., ed., 2003. Theoretical aesthetics of German realism. Brief anthology. Baltiiskii ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... McFadden, L. 2007, Governing Coastal Spaces: The Case of Disappearing Science in Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Coastal Management, Vol. 35, no. 4, p. 429—443.
42. Makhzoumi, J., Chmaitelly, H., Lteif, C. 2012, Holistic conservation of biocultural diversity in coastal Lebanon: A landscape approach, Journal of Marine and Island Cultures, Vol. 1, no. 1, p. 27—37.
43. Metchnikoff, L. 1889, La civilisationet les grands fleuveshistoriques.
44. Nicholls, R. J., Wong, P. P., Burkett, V. R. et al. 2007, Coastal systems and low-lying areas. Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation ...
The body in the autobiographical portrayal in “Mademoiselle’s Memoirs”
... français, historique, géographique, mythologique, bibliographique, litteraire, artistique, scientifique etc. : en 15 t. / par Pierre Larousse. P., 1874. T. 11.
12. Histoire du corps. P., 2005. Vol. 1 : De la Renaissance aux Lumières.
13. Mesnard J. La culture du XVII e siècle: Enquêtes et synthèses. P., 1992.
14. Mademoiselle de Montpensier. Mémoires : en 2 t. P., 1985.
15. Montpensier A.-M.-L.-H. d'Orléans. Divers portraits. Caen, 1659.
16. Plantié J. La mode du portrait littéraire en France (1641—1681). P., 1994.
memoirs, the XVII-century French literature, Mademoiselle de Montpensier, body, protagonist of autobiography
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... of countries and in forecasting their future economic prospects. The Nordic countries are connected with the Baltics through culture, history, politics, and economy. These states have a common interest of ensuring stability, security, and welfare in ... ... Crawford, S. E. S., Ostrom, E. A. 2005, Grammar of Institutions. In: Ostrom, E., Princeton, N. J. Understanding Institutional Diversity, Princeton University Press, p. 137—174.
14. Furceri, D., Prakash L. 2015, Capital Account Liberalization and Inequality,...
Social identity in the conditions of cultural diversity: A search or imposition? (the case of the Kaliningrad region)
This article discusses the development of social identity in the modern Russian society in the case of the Kaliningrad region. Based on an analysis of the regional public discourse and the data of surveys and case studies, the author considers the process of promoting and imposing a model of normativity and social identity marked as one characteristic of the “overwhelming majority” of citizens, “traditional” for the Russian society, and morally true, but nevertheless contradicting the actual state...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... conditions of growing market turbulence and interdependence of market actors. Therefore, the ability of managers to align the diverse interests of stakeholders — groups, organizations, and individuals that affect or may be affected by the organization's ... ... // Health Policy and Planning. 2000. Vol. 15, № 3. P. 239—246.
9. Castells M. The information age: Economy, society and culture. Blackwell, 1997.Vol. 2 : The Power of Identity.
10. Castells M. The information age: Economy, society and culture. ...
Me and Kaminski and Kaminskaya is me and? On the subject of Kehlmann’s oeuvre and German poetry
After 1900, literary manifestations of subjectivity underwent serious changes, which contributed to the increasing diversity and synthesis of means to create a literary reality. Daniel Kehlmann’s novel I and Kaminski (2003) is analysed from ... ... poetic works of German authors, which makes it possible to identify similarities and understand the general trends in modern culture
1. Кондратьев К. В. Кризис идеи и феномена субъекта в пространстве ...
The content and vectors of the reforms in the higher education system of modern China
History of chinese Civilization.
The origins of stateraft in
. Vol. 1: The Western Chou Empire.
Latorette K. Sc.
The Chinese: their history and culture.
Science and civilization in
history of Ancient
. From the origins of civilization to 221 D. C. / ed. by M. Loewe and Ed. L. Shaughnessy....
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
Ethnocultural diversity of the Russian Federation is not only an important component of its historical heritage but also a significant resource ... ... rate. The study makes it possible to formulate certain recommendations and improve the measures to maintain the language and culture of ethnic minorities of the Russian North-West.
1. Bulkin, А. А. 2005, Geograficheskaja razobshhennost' i subjetnosy ...
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... Geopolitics of Borders and Boundaries, Geopolitics, Vol. 10(4), p. 672—679.
23. Кolosov, V. 2013, The vision of Europe and the world from large powers: the case of BRIC, Geografia Polonica, no. 2, p. 89—98.
24. Konrad, V., Nicol, H. N. 2011, Border Culture, the Boundary Between Canada and the United States of America, and the Advancement of Borderlands Theory, Geopolitics, Vol. 16, p. 70—90.
25. Kramsch, O. 2011, Regulating European borders: a cultural perspective. In: Veggeland, N. (ed.) Innovative ...