Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
... Community. These discussions resulted in a considerable increase in funding allocated for the development of the EU regions from the EU Structural Funds and the Cohesion Fund aiming to reduce regional disparities. The present analysis and the assessment of convergence processes (GDP per capita at purchasing power parity) in the EU regions of NUTS-1, -2, -3 levels in 1995 -2009/2010 help demonstrate the efficiency of these efforts.
1. Regulation (EC) No 1059/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council ...
The Policy of Regional Convergence in Russia-Belarus integration: Prospects for Development
In a number of cases, integration of a large international region or an interstate union can only be promoted by political means. The policy of regional economic convergence prevails in many sectors. The single economic market and membership in economic and monetary unions give a new impetus to consolidation. The study aims to identify and explore the problems of political governance, which the Union State of ...
The moving boundaries of news translation
... Earthquake. Ph. D. School of Applied Language and Intercultural Studies, Dublin City University.
Caimotto, M.C., (in press) Transediting Trump: The Inaugural Speech Reported in Italy. In: L. Davier and K. Conway, eds. Journalism and Translation in the Era of Convergence. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Caimotto, M.C. and Gaspari, F., 2018. Corpus-Based Study of News Translation: Challenges and Possibilities. Across Languages and Cultures, 19(2), pp. 205—220. 10.1556/084.2018.19.2.4.
Conway, K., 2008. A Cultural ...
Cyclic version of “ – ” iterative method. Estimations of speed of algorithm convergence
... diffusion with the mixed derivatives and the first derivatives of a divergent look are considered. Test calculations on a modeling task with the known analytical decision are carried out. Operability of algorithm is shown and the estimation of speed of its convergence is given.
1. Фаткуллин М. Н., Клевцур С. В., Латышев К. С. Оператор переноса в уравнении непрерывности для ионов в трехмерно-неоднородной области ...
Convergence of legal thinking from the perspective of the uncertainty principle
In this contribution, we analyse convergence within the integrative concept of legal thinking. Our article responds to the deficiencies of the established jurisprudence methodology, which is unable either to incorporate new facets of law or to provide a new perspective on the understanding ...
An Assessment of the Economic Performance of the EU Baltic Region States
... of development dynamics in individual countries to identify distinctive features for each group. Despite a rapid growth of Eastern European economies, the difference between the region’s eastern and western countries remains substantial. Economic convergence between eastern and western EU countries in terms of investment does not lead to convergence in labour efficiency. The capital-labour ratio and the growth rate of labour efficiency in the Russian Baltic are close to the Eastern European average....
Kant and Solovyov: Convergences and Divergences. Report of the International Conference (Kaliningrad, 15-16 November 2018)
his review sums up the main ideas presented at the international conference “Kant and Solovyov: Convergences and Divergences” held in Kaliningrad, Russia on 15-16 November 2018. The Conference was organised by the Academia Kantiana, a research unit of the Humanities Institute, Immanuel Kant Baltic University, in conjunction with the Department ...
Optimal parameters for consequences of tangential and two-frequency decompositions
... considered. This method generalizes methods are developed by Buzdin and Wittum [1; 2]. A method of choosing quasioptimal parameters for consequences of tangential and two-frequencies decompositions based on analysis of model problems is developed. It’s convergence rate is better than ADI’s convergence rate in commutational case..
. Tangential decomposition // Computing (1998) 61:257–276.
. Buzdin К., Wittum G.
Two-Frequency Decomposition // Numerische Mathematik. 2004. Vol....
International Scientific Conference “Kant and Solovyov: Convergences and Divergences”
November 15—16, 2018
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad, Russia
The Academia Kantiana at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University organizes a series of conferences on the theme of “Immanuel Kant and Russian Philosophers: Convergences and Divergences.” The first conference, co-organized with the Department of the History of Russian Philosophy, Faculty of Philosophy, Lomonosov Moscow State University, is devoted to the reception and criticism of the philosophy of Immanuel ...
Character’s existence in the Königsberg/Kaliningrad toposphere: Yu.N Ivanov’s Dances in the Crematorium and Michael Wieck’s The Decline of Königsberg
A comparative analysis of the existence of the main characters in Yuri Ivanov’s Dances in the Crematorium and Michael Wieck’s The Decline of Königsberg demonstrates clear typological convergences. The common toposphere is Königsberg/Kaliningrad, which incorporates a wide range of toponym types and subtypes — the district of Amalienau, Hufen- Allee, Alte Pillauer Landstraße, Paradeplatz, Nordbahnhof, Tiergarten, Luisenwahl, Kneiphof,...
The hagiographic genre of the life of Alexander (Plutarch’s Comparative biographies)
... Biographies. I use the comparative, reverse and structural-semantic methods to analyse the biography of Alexander the Great, the images of the protagonist and the narrator, the unreality and the deification of the protagonist. There is a certain typological convergence between bios as a genre and Plutarch’s ancient biographies. This convergence is reflected in the structure of Alexander’s biography, which is built according to a certain model, a plot-scheme pattern, and includes Alexander’s birth, ...
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... results of its implementation, such as the Readmission and Visa Facilitation agreements. Moreover, it stresses the role of Russia as an agenda-setter of the EU migration agenda in the Eastern Europe.
1. Averre, D. 2005, Russia and the European Union: Convergence or Divergence?, European Security, no. 14 (2), p. 175—202.
2. Barbé, E., Costa, O., Herranz, A., Johansson-Nogués, E., Natorski, M., and Sabiote, M. A. 2010, Drawing the neighbours closer… to what? Explaining emerging patterns of policy ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... the needs of the EU, redefines interdependence between the parties, and introduces new elements of equality between them. Energy efficiency cooperation also transforms the patterns of the EU-Russia legal harmonization, creates new conditions for the convergence of regulations and the development of the middle class in Russia. Due to its specific features, cooperation in the Baltic Sea region becomes a locomotive of the Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation, and, as a result, is capable of changing ...
Investigation of the conditions of applicability of Wiener's attack on the RSA cryptosystem
... Wiener M. Cryptanalysis of Short RSA Secret Exponents // IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory. 1990. Vol. 36, iss. 3. P. 553—558.
Boltnev Y. F., Aleshnikova M. V., Kozminykh E. V.
RSA cryptosystem, Wiener’s attack, Wiener’s bound, continued fraction, convergents
The basic trends in the development of bilateral trade between the Kaliningrad and Grodno regions
This article examines foreign trade activities between the cooperating regions of the Union State of Russia and Belarus determined by the bilateral convergence of national economies for solving common economic problems and developing regional economies. The author identifies the degree of present cooperation, explores possible future scenarios, and emphasizes the key aspects of interaction between ...
A variant of multi-grid method with semi-coarse
variational problems: a general theory and convergence estimates for usual smoothers // Appl. Math
Лекции и упражнения по многосеточным методам. М., 2005.
An efficiency of multi-grid method with semi-coarse as smoothing iteration
... the multi-grid method including V-cycle // SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 1983. Vol. 20.
2. Hackbusch W. Multi-Grid Method and Applications. Springer, 1985.
3. Maitre J.-F., Musy F. Multigrid Methods for Symmetric Variational Problems: A General Theory and Convergence Estimates for Usual Smoothers // Appl. Math. and Comp. 1987. Vol. 21.
4. Ольшанский М. А. Лекции и упражнения по многосеточным методам. М., 2005.
5. Белякова О. В., Буздин ...
Compact presentations for the approximants Padè
... Theoretical Physics.New York, 1970. P. 1—39
4. Jacobi C. G. J. Über die Darstellung einer Reihe gegebener Werte durch eine gebrochеne rationale Funktion // J. für Reine und Angewandte Math. 1846. Vol. 30.P. 127—156.
5. Nuttall J. Convergence of Pade approximants for the Bethe-Salpeter amplitude// Phys. Rev. 1967. Vol. 157. P. 1312—1316.
6. Крейн М. Г., Нудельман А. А. Проблема моментов Маркова и экстремальные задачи....
The multivalue method for solving differential equations with fractional derivatives
... биологии. М., 2003.
Нахушев А. М.
Дробное исчисление и его применение. М., 2003.
Blagovidov V. V., Lobanov A. I.
differential equations, fractal derivity, multivalue method, stability and convergence of the
The Chinese Diaspora in the EU Countries
... centre of attraction for immigrants in recent decades and a site for the rapid emergence of ethnic communities. Unlike Muslim immigration, a product of the Arab Spring and often a measure of last resort, Chinese immigration is a result of a certain convergence between the ideologies of the host countries, committed to multiculturalism, and the country of origin pursuing a ‘go global’ policy. We chose the EU countries as a ‘demonstration site’ and the Chinese diaspora as the object of research....
Exclavity as a challenge and a resource for foreign positioning of the Kaliningrad region
... dependence on the foreign economic decisions of the federal authorities using the development trends of the manufacturing industry in the region as an example. The increased potential conflict around the Russian exclave in the Baltic slows down the convergence of regional interests in the socio-economic sphere with the interests of neighboring countries. Intensified relations with other regions of the Russian Federation could make up for the situation. In practice, such intensification is limited ...
Don Carlos by F. Schiller in the translation of A. Mickiewicz and in the context of the Legend of the Grand Inquisitor by F. M. Dostoevsky
The author analyzes genetic connections and typological convergences of the drama «Don Carlos» by F. Schiller and the works of A. Mickiewicz and F. Dostoevsky. In the intertextual aspect, the author comes to a conclusion about the key role of the ideology of freedom and power in F. Schiller’s drama «Don ...
The elite interaction in the post-Soviet Lithuania: the constitutional aspect
... Pilietinės visuomenės institutas, Vilniaus universitetas. Tarptautinių santykių ir politikos mokslų institutas. Vilnius, 2007.
6. Talat-Kelpsa L. The Political Decision Making: Division of Authority within Government // Lithuania from Transition to Convergence. Vilnius, 1999. P. 462—481.
7. The Invention of Tradition / ed. by E. Hobsbawm, T. Ranger. Cambridge; N.Y., 1983.
8. Ачкасов В.А. «Изобретение традиции»: роль интеллектуальных ...
Cовременные технологии производства и их социокультурное и экономическое влияние на качество и безопасность продовольственных товаров
... information society economy. The author analyses the problem of maintaining the quality and ensuring safety of foodstuffs in the course of storing and emphasizes the need to modernize the foodstuffs production in view of innovative achievements, including convergent technologies. The article formulates the key problems of identifying nanoparticles in long-storage foodstuffs.
1. Дергачёва Е. А. Философия техногенного общества : монография. М., 2011.
North-West Russia in the context of European integration
..., European University Institute Working Paper RSC, no. 1, p. 21.
Kochegarova Tamara, Simonyan Renald
global challenges, regionalization, cooperation, partnership, intercivilization border areas, Western and Russian values, sociocultural diffusion, convergence, European integration
Territorial community local spaces
... influencing academics’ decisions to cooperate with industrial organizations // Regional Studies. 2015. № 2 (1). P. 415—423.
19. Porter M. E. On competition. Boston, 1998.
20. Ratinho T., Henriques E. The role of science parks and business incubators in converging countries: Evidence from Portugal // Technovation. 2011. № 30. P. 278—290.
Mikhailov A. S.
spatial networking, regional networking, territorial community, spatial embeddedness, organized cluster, local production system
The open method of coordination as a new form of governance: features, characteristics, prospects of application
.... Integrated project. Project no. CITI-CT-2004-506392. Priority 7 — citizens and governance in the knowledge — based society.
02/D09. 2005. July
by Working Group 4a: Involving experts in the process of national policy convergence. 2001. June
The open method of coordination as a ‘two-level game’. Policy and politics. Vol. 36:2. 2008. January.
The open method of coordination: a new policy paradigm? Paper presented ...
Specific ways to interpret the biblical expressions paradise and hell in the headings of aphoristic definitions
... ways to interprets words and specific ones, in particular, association, antonymy-based distinction, repetition-based distinction, and formal signalling. When association is invoked, the lexemes paradise and hell are interpreted based on metaphorical convergence and metonymic adjacency. Antonymy-based distinction means that the two lexemes are defined by each other, with their individual characteristics indicated later. Repetition-based distinction relies on a figurative statement that repeatedly ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... study methodology is based on current regulations on marine use and na-ture management as well as international maritime planning practices. Since marine planning is closely connected with spatial planning, the study pays special attention to their convergence in developing maritime plans. The authors stress the need for legislative efforts aimed at integrating marine planning in the current legal framework for the regional authorities of different territorial levels. The structure and contents ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... Shuper, V. A. (ed.), Sbornik dokladov VIII Sokraticheskih
chtenij [Collection of VIII Socratic readings], Moscow, 2011, p. 132—159.
13. Nefedova, T. G., Treyvish, A. I. 2005, Gorod i derevnja: konvergencija ili divergencija? [Town and Country: Convergence or Divergence?], «Saratov» 2005, Vzaimodejstvie gorodskih i sel'skih mestnostej v regional'nom razvitii [«Saratov» 2005
Interaction of urban and rural areas in regional development], Moscow, p. 4—23.
14. Patsiorkovsky, V. V. 2010,...
Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context
... Trade & Economic Development. 2009. Vol. 18. P. 61—78.
8. White R. Immigrant-trade links, transplanted home bias and network effects // Applied Economics. 2007. Vol. 39, № 7. P. 839—852.
9. Larramona G., Sanso M. Migration dynamics, growth and convergence // DTECONZ. 2005. № 9. URL:
(дата обращения: 24.09.2018).
10. Stryszowski P. K. Essays on growth and migration. Tilburg, 2009.
11. Leitão N. C., Shahbaz M. Migration and Tourism ...
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
... available at:
28. Timothy, D. 2001, Tourism and Political Boundaries, London, Routledge, 195 p.
29. Tölle, A. 2013, National Planning Systems Between Convergence and Incongruity: Implications for Cross-Border Cooperation from the German-Polish Perspective, European Planning Studies, Vol. 21, no. 4, p. 615—630.
30. Vodeb, K. 2010, Cross — border Regions as potential tourist destination along ...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
....csb.gov.lv (accessed 1 June 2013).
9. HICP — inflation rate, available at: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/tgm/table.do?tab=table&language=en&pcode=tec00118&tableSelection=1&footnotes=yes&labeling=labels&plugin=1> (accessed 1 June 2013).
10. Convergence report June 2013, 2012, European Central Bank, available at: http://www.ebrd.com (accessed 20 April 2013).
11. Krugman, P. Latvian Competitiveness, 2012, The New York Times, available at: http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/latvian-competitiveness/ ...
Automatic System for Determining the Angles of Scoliotic Deformity of the Human Spine
(дата обращения: 19.06.2019).
15. Kingma D., Ba J. Adam: A Method for Stochastic Optimization // The 3rd International Conference for Learning Representations, 2015. arXiv:1412.6980v9 [cs.LG].
16. Reddi S., Kale S., Kumar S. On the Convergence of Adam and Beyond // ICLR 2018. arXiv:1904.09237v1 [cs.LG].
17. Kadoury. S., Labdlc. H., Paragios. N. Spine Segmentation in Medical Images Using Manifold Embeddings and Higher-Order MRFs // IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging. 2013. Vol. 32(7). P....
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... Romanova, T. A. 2011, Evrosojuz kak normativnaja sila i problemy ee vosprijatija v Rossii kak bar'er na puti politiko-pravovogo sblizhenija [European Union as a normative power and problems of perception in Russia as an obstacle for political and legal convergence], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta, Ser. 6, no. 1, p. 52–66.
4. Yudin, N. V. 2013, Zhestkij vzgljad na «mjagkuju silu»: kriticheskij analiz monografii Dzh. Naja «Budushhee vlasti» [Hard look at ‘soft power’: critical reflections ...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
7. Chiquiar, D. 2008, Globalization, regional wage differentials and the Stolper — Samuelson theorem: evidence from Mexico, Journal of International Economics, Vol. 74, no. 1, p. 70—93.
8. Chiquiar, D. 2005, Why Mexico’s regional income convergence broke down, Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 77, no. 1, р. 257—275.
9. Crozet, M., Soubeyran, P. K. 2004, EU enlargement and the internal geography f countries, Journal of Comparative Economics, Vol. 32, no. 2, p. 265—279.
Digital World Communication аnd Translation
... and are inextricably linked to technology. After a brief introduction, the article highlights first the essential informational and communicational foundation of technology development that intertwined with histories of translation technology. The convergence of these multiple histories has led to today’s 24/7 digital infrastructure. It then considers the social and cultural facets of the digital world, presenting research areas in digital studies that can be explored in relation to translation ...
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... 3, p. 106—112, available at: http://journals.kantiana.ru/upload/iblock/3a6/V.%20V.%20Voinikov_106=112.pdf (accessed 15 Febraury 2013).
23. Hernandez i Sagrera, R. Korneev, O. 2012, Bringing EU migration cooperation to the Eastern Neighbourhood: Convergence Beyond the Acquis Communautaire?RSCAS Working Papers, no. 22.
24. Korneev, O. 2012, Deeper and Wider than a Common Space: EU-Russia Cooperation on Migration Management, European Foreign Affairs Review, Vol. 17, no.4.
25. Voinikov, V. V....
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
This paper explores hybrid texts as a special type of text that forms within ‘inter-discourse interaction’ and relates to the ‘convergence of discourses’. The analysis focuses on the interaction between avant-garde art and political discourses, which have been in close contact since the 20th century and have common typological features. The main methods used in this study are ...