The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... cooperation has experienced problems in many areas. Nevertheless, cooperation in the field of migration proves to be successful. Through analyzing the EU-Russia migration agenda from the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (1997) to the Roadmap for the Common Space on Freedom, Security and Justice (2005), the article assesses the main results of its implementation, such as the Readmission and Visa Facilitation agreements. Moreover, it stresses the role of Russia as an agenda-setter of the EU migration agenda in the Eastern ...
On ensuring the energy security of the Kaliningrad region
... Gazprom commissions Kaliningrad UGS facility (пресс-релиз). 23.09.2013. URL: http://www.gazprom.com/press/news/2013/september/article172005/ (да-та обращения: 21.12.2014).
5. Månsson A., Johansson В., Nilsson L. Assessing energy security: An overview of commonly used methodologies // Energy. 2014. № 73. Р. 1—14.
6. Russian President Vladimir Putin entrusts Gazprom with getting back to Ya-mal — Europe-2 and gas branch to Kaliningrad Region projects (новости компании). April 3, 2013....
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
This article focuses on the dialogue between the Russian Federation and the European Union based on “common values” (legal sphere and the rule of law), which form the framework for the EU-Russia “common spaces” — on the economy, freedom, security and justice, as well as in the field of research and education (including cultural aspects). The author analyses the current state of the EU-Russia dialogue (section 1), East-West cooperation in the framework of the Organisation for Security ...
EU — Russia energy cooperation: major development trends and the present state
... energy relations is favourable and positively affects cooperation in the Baltic Sea region.
1. Joint Declaration of the President of the European Council, 2000, Mr. J. Chirac, assisted by the Secretary-General of the Council/High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU, Mr. J. Solana, of the President of the Commission of the European Communities, Mr. R. Prodi, and of the President of the Russian Federation, Mr. V. V. Putin. Paris, 30 October.
2. EU-Russian Energy Dialogue: Synthesis Report,...
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... Committee of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, Prague.
5. Potyomkina, О. 2011, Problema doverija Rossii i ES v ramkah obshhego prostranstva svobody, bezo-pasnosti i pravosudija [The problem of confidence in Russia and the EU in the framework of a common space of freedom, security and justice]. In: Potyomkina, О. Yu., Kaveshnikov, N. Yu., Kondrateva, N. B. (eds.), Evropejskij Sojuz v XXI veke: vremja ispytanij [European Union in the XXI century: the test], Moscow, Ves’ mir.
6. Golunov, S. 2013, EU-Russian Border Security: ...
International relations of the North-West federal district of the Russian Federation and the New North concept
25. Foreign Ministers' Conference on the Northern Dimension Helsinki, 11—12 November 1999. [online] Available at: <http://ec. europa. eu/external_relations/north_dim/conf/formin1/index. htm> (Accessed 15 January 2011).
26. Krohn, A. 2000. Common challenges and areas of cooperation in questions of «soft security policy». SPb.
27. Munchau, W. 2006. Financial Times. May 8. [online] Available at: <FT.com> (Accessed 15 January 2011).
28. Mottola, K. 1996. Security in Northern Europe — Combining and Reinforcing National, Regional and Wider European ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... hand], 1997, November 27, available at: docs. cntd.ru/document/1900668 (accessed 15.08. 2013).
16. Joint Declaration of the President of the European Council, Mr. J. Chirac, assisted by the Secretary-General of the Council/High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU, Mr. J. Solana, of the President of the Commission of the European Communities, Mr. R. Prodi, and of the President of the
Russian Federation, Mr. V. V. Putin, 2000, Paris, available at: www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/er/ACF262F....
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... The Political Economy of Burden-sharing, UK.
15. Han, D., Kirchner, E., Sperling, J. 2009, Sharing the Burden of Collective Security in the European Union, International Organization, Vol. 63, no. 4, p. 789—810.
16. Pastore, G. 2013, Small New Member ... ... Hosli, M. O. 1996, Coalitions and Power: Effects of Qualified Majority Voting in the Council of the European Union, Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol. 34, no. 2, p. 255—273.
20. Lane, J.-E., Mattila, M. 1998, Der Abstimmungsprozess im Ministerrat....
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... [Rational and efficient use of ocean biological resources as economic problems], Мoscow, Nauka.
12. Konovalov, A. 2010, Transportation Network in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. In: Zagorsky, A. V. (ed.), The Arctic: A Space of Cooperation and Common Security, Moscow, IMEMO RAN, p. 24—25.
13. Study on the economic effects for Maritime Spatial Planning, 2010, Report of Directorate-General for Maritime Affaires and Fisheries, April.
14. The role of maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development ...
Regional innovation security as a coherence of multi-cyclic self-organizing: experience in building an ideal model
... Huber P., Rozmahel P. Regional business-cycle synchronization, sector specialization and EU accession // JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies. 2016. Vol. 54, № 3. P. 544—568.
16. Bilan Y., Brychko M. M., Buriak A. V., Vasylieva T. A. Financial,... .... P. 112.
29. Winckel F. Music, Sound and Sensation: A Modern Exposition. Dover, 1967. P. 134.
Gorochnaya V. V.
economic security, innovation security, regional reproduction, economic cycles, self-organizing, self-regulation, geo-economic turbulence,...
Political technologies and international conflicts in the information space of the Baltic Sea region
... There is a pressing need to join efforts in solving the challenging social problems that cannot be overcome without either international cooperation among the countries or effective social partnership.
Kirilenko V. P., Alexeyev G. V.
information security, Baltic Sea common information space, media, national interests, diplomacy, information operations, Baltic region, international cooperation
Inadvisable Concession: Kant’s Critique of the Political Philosophy of Christian Garve
... and in general deserved the reputation of an (ultra-)conservative. From that point of view the key values for Garve were the security and well-being of the state. I offer an alternative interpretation of Garve’s position because I believe that the value ... ... Such an interpretation makes it possible to treat Garve’s narrative as it was assessed by Kant, i.e. as a concession to the common principles of political practice as a result of a failure to find the guiding theory. My study has established that the ...
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
... the West in the future.
1. Putin, V. 2006, Joint Press Conference with the Prime Minister of Finland Matti Vanhanen, President of the European Commission Jose Manuel Barroso, Sec-retary General of the EU Council and EU High Representative for the Common Fo-reign and Security Policy Javier Solana, Prime Minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg and Prime Minister of Iceland Geir Haarde following the Russia-EU summit mee-ting. November 24, City Hall, Helsinki, Kremlin.ru, available at: http://archive. kremlin.ru/text/appears/2006/11/114447....
Saint-Petersburg in the Baltic Sea region
... NATO: What Expects Us in the Future // Challenges to International Relations in Post — Cold War Europe / ed. by K. Khudoley and
The challenge of dumped chemical ammunition in the
// Security dialogue.
Vol. 25, No. 1
Patten C., Rt. Hon.
Examination of Witness: Minutes of Evidence: Committee on Foreign Affairs: House of Commons: March 1, 2001.
Verkostojen Itämeri. Vuorovaikutus ja sen merkitys alue
skehitykselle. Tampere: Rauha- ja konfliktitutkimuskeskuksen julkaisuja, 1995.
Globalization and its Discontents: Essays ...
The European Court of Justice case of Elgafaji: the interaction between EU law and international humanitarian law
... Doktrina kosvennogo jeffekta (soglasovannoj interpretacii) v prave ES [The doctrine of indirect effect (consistent interpretation) in EU law], Evrazijskij juridicheskij zhurnal [Eurasian legal journal], no. 10, pp. 26—37.
11. Garlick, M. V. 2010, The Common European Asylum System and the European Court of Justice. New jurisdiction and new challenges, Area of Freedom, Security and Justice ten years on, Brussels, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS),p. 60.
12. Errera, R. 2011, The CJEU and Subsidiary Protection: Reflections on Elgafaji — and After, International Journal of Refugee law, vol. 23, no. 1, p. 112....
From the Mediterranean to the Baltic: the problem of implementing the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum
The 2015 migration crisis significantly affected the EU’s area of freedom, security, and justice and challenged the cohesion and solidarity of the European Union. Although the crisis is past its peak, it is not over yet: problems and challenges associated with it persist. One of them is the lack of a common approach among member states to the implementation of the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum. This work aims to consider the legal and political aspects of the implementation of the principle of solidarity and fair ...
A methodology for research on international cooperation on marine environment protection: application of the Baltic Sea practices to the northern seas
... [online] Available at: <www. diis. dk/sw82334.asp> (Accessed 10 September 2010).
methodology, international relations, international law, world politics, Baltic Sea region, Arctic, northern seas, marine environment protection, common security, world politics and transnational approaches
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... Citizenship: A Liberal Theory of Minority Rights, Oxford, 296 p.
20. Leiken, S. 2004, Bearers of Global Jihad? Immigration and National Security after 9/11, Washington, p. 44—48.
21. Nielsen, S. J. 2012, Islam in Denmark: The Challenge of Diversity, ed., Lanham ... ... p.
29. Tibi, B. 2002, Islamische Zuwanderung. Die gescheiterte Integration, Stuttgart, München, p. 102—143.
30. Towards a Common Migration Policy for the European Union, 2000, Opening Speech by Commissioner Antonio Vitorino for the Conference on «Migrations: ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... regulirovanie Evropejskogo prostranstva svobody, bezopasnosti i pravosudija [Legal regulation of the European area of freedom, security and justice], Kaliningrad, 397 p.
5. Protokol protiv nezakonnogo vvoza migrantov po sushe, morju i vozduhu, dopolnjajushhij ... ... Challenges and Prospects], Moscow, p. 38.
7. Communication from the Commission to the Council and European Parliament on a common policy on illegal immigration, 2001, COM, no. 672 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?...
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... development models are crucial for understanding historical progress of countries and in forecasting their future economic prospects. The Nordic countries are connected with the Baltics through culture, history, politics, and economy. These states have a common interest of ensuring stability, security, and welfare in the Baltic region. This article strives to answer the question as to why the Nordic model of economic development is acclaimed internationally for the effective use of national and external resources, which is not the case in ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Hubel, H., Gänzle, S.
2001. The Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) as a Sub-regional Organisation for ‘Soft Security Risk Management’ in the North-East of Europe: Report to the Presidency of the CBSS. 2001, 18 May.
Jakobi, A.... ..., K.
Governance in the Baltic Sea Region: Balancing States, Cities and People. In:
Joas, M., Jahn D., Kern K.
Governing a Common Sea. Environmental Policies in the Baltic Sea Region. London, pp. 3—17.
Kristensen, G. N.
2010. Born into a dream: ...
The facilitation of freedom of movement between Russia and the European Union: prospects and legal issues
... zajavlenie glav gosudarstv Rossii i stran ES na sammite Rossija — ES, 31.05.2003 [Statement by the Russian and EU-Russia summit — EU 05/31/2003], available at: http://www.eur.ru/neweur/user.php?func=sum7 (accessed 11 April 2005).
5. Road Map on common space of freedom, security and justice, available at: http://eeas. europa. eu/delegations/russia/documents/eu_russia/road_maps_en.pdf (accessed 19 August 2010).
6. Rossija i Evrosojuz nachnut reshat' problemy bezvizovogo rezhima [Russia and the EU will solve the problems ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... significance of the work lies in the stepwise description of actions taken by EU leaders and EU member states in order to formulate a common European energy policy. The 2004 EU enlargement posed the problem of taking into account the features of energy supply ... ...?actions=main_content&id=828 (accessed 14 October 2011).
3. Green paper — A European Strategy for Sustainable, Competitive and Secure Energy, 2006, Europe's Energy Portal, available at: http://www.energy.eu/directives/2006_03_08_gp_document_en.pdf (accessed ...
The EU Vs. Russia: Legal Nature and Implementation of the Union’s Restrictive Measures
... Evropejskie sankcii: ot nacional'nyh do kollektivnyh [European sanctions: from national to collective], Sovremennaja Evropa [Modern Europe], no. 3.
2. Guidelines on implementation and evaluation of restrictive measures (sanctions) in the framework of the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy, 2012, Brussels, 15 June, available at: http://europeansanctions.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/eu-guidelines-on-sanctions-2012.pdf (accessed 23.09.2014).
3. Council Decision 2014/145/CFSP of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures ...
Twin cities: a new form of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region?
... units in international cooperation, on the one hand, and aspirations of frontier cities and towns in the Baltic region to solve common problems together, on the other hand. This work is based on a comparative analysis method and a case study methodology.... ... Kulmala, M., Päiviö, L. (eds.). Northern Dimension, Poland and the New Neighbours, Helsinki, The Finnish Commission for European Security (STETE), p. 132—136.
14. Joenniemi, P., Sergunin, A. 2011, Another Face of Integration: City Twinning in Europe, Research ...
Geography of European Migration
... localisation of migration flows in Europe are affected not only by cultural and historical circumstance, such as a colonial past or a common language. The scale of immigrant influx often does not depend on a donor country’s demographic potential or the level ... ... migration process, International Migration, Vol. 37, no. 1, p. 63—88.
24. Tiilikainen, M. 2015, Looking for a safe place: Security and transnational Somali Muslim families, Journal of Religion in Europe, Vol. 8, no. 1, p. 51—72.
25. Ueffing, P.,...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... of the Baltic region states in the field of sustainable development of rural territories. The article identifies objectives, common for the Baltic region, relating to sustainability of rural territories, including sustainable use of natural resource potential,... ... 2136-r].
2. Ob utverzhdenii Doktriny prodovol'stvennoj bezopasnosti Rossijskoj Federacii [On approval of the Doctrine of the food security of the Russian Federation]: Ukaz Prezidenta Rossijskoj Federacii № 120 ot 30 janvarja 2010 g. [Presidential Decree ...
European and Eurasian integration: similarities and differences
... Trondal J. Differentiated Integration and Disintegration in the EU after Brexit: Risks versus Opportunities // JCMS-Journal of common market studies. 2019. Vol. 57, № 6. P. 1383—1394. doi: 10.1111/jcms.12957.
9. Трещенков Е. Ю. Евразийская ... ... Банки. 2017. № 3. С. 86—95.
21. Freire M. R. The quest for status: how the interplay of power, ideas, and regime security shapes Russia’s policy in the post-Soviet space // International Politics. 2019. Vol. 56 (6). P. 795—809. doi: ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... com/article/10.1134/S2079970512010054 (accessed 22 March 2013).
3. Zhiznin, S. 2010, Russian energy diplomacy and international energy security (geopolitics and economics), Balt. Reg., no. 1 (3), p. 7—17. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-1-2, available at: http://journals.... ... Sberbanka RF [Center of macroeconomic researches of Sberbank of the Russian Federation], May, available at:http://www. sbrf.ru/common/img/uploaded/files/pdf/analytics/pg1.pdf (accessed 20 March 2013).
10. Kozmenko, S.U, Gaynutdinova, L. I. 2012, Novaja ...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
....ru/interview/20140812/1019699889.html#ixzz3Bzi2hKdY (accessed 31.08.2014).
20. Potemkina, О. Yu. 2012, Problema doverija Rossii i ES v ramkah obshhego prostranstva svobody, bezopasnosti i pravosudija [The problem of trust Russia and the EU in the framework of the common space of freedom, security and justice]. In: Kaveshnikov, N. Yu., Kondratyeva, N. B. Evropejskij Sojuz v XXI veke: vremja ispytanij [The European Union in the XXI century: the test], Moscow, Ves' mir, p. 500—518.
21. Press-konferencija po itogam vstrechi na vysshem ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... 108—112 (In Russ.).
19. Mingaleva, Zh. A., Gershanok, G. A. 2012, Sustainable development of a region: innovations, economic security, competitiveness, Economika regiona [Economy of a region], no. 3, p. 68—77.
20. Munim, Z. H., Dushenko, M., Jimenez,... ... Union Countries, Sustainability, vol. 12, no. 5, 1986. doi: 10.3390/su12051986.
37. Daly, E. H., Cobb, J. B. Jr. 1990, For the Common Good: Redirecting the Economy toward Community, the Environment, and a Sustainable Future, Beacon Press, Boston, MA, p....
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... bezopasnost', jekonomika i pravo [Abstracts of the VIII International Youth Scientific Conference aurora 2005. Nuclear Future: Security, Economics and Law], available at: http://www.polar.mephi.ru/ru/conf/2005/1_ekonomika/1_tarasov.html (accessed 11.09.... ....5922/2079-8555-2013-2-3.
17. Strany Baltii razrabatyvajut obshhuju jenergeticheskuju strategiju [Baltic countries are developing a common energy strategy], 2007, Interfax, available at: http://www.interfax.by/node/1025969 (accessed 04.01.2007).
18. Special'naja ...