Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... economies], Jekonomika. Sociologija. Biologija [Economy. Sociology. Biology], no. 2 (131). p. 40—50.
31. Yasheva, G. А. 2012, Formirovanie mezhdunarodnyh klasterov kak faktor povyshenija konkurentosposobnosti jekonomik Rossii, Belarusi i Ukrainy [Formation of clusters as a factor in international competitiveness of economies of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine], Informacionno-analiticheskij resurs «Rossija — Ukraina: tendencii razvitija i perspektivy sotrudnichestva» [Informational and analytical resource "Russia ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... The article offers an overview of the existing methodological approaches to the problem of cluster identification and emphasises the major role of institutional dimension in the identification (and functioning) of clusters, especially in comparison to cluster formation theory based on the technological connection of adjacent units. The author comes to a conclusion that, without the inclusion of institutional factors, alongside localising and technological ones (demonstrated through different variables), it ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... by western economic sociology: An analysis of theoretical approaches], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 12, p. 128—138.
8. Bolychev, О. N. 2009, Jetapy formirovanija i razvitija setevyh predprinimatel'skih struktur [Stages of formation and development of network business structures], Izvestija Tul'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Jekonomicheskie nauki [Proceedings of the Tula State University. Economics], no. 1, p. 270—279.
9. Gareev, T. 2012, Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development, Balt. Reg., no. 3 (13), p. 4—24. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-3-1.
10. Klastery v regional'noj jekonomike [Clusters in the regional economy],...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... S. 2013, Case Study on the Structural Transformation of an International Cluster: European Perspective, Modern applied science, no. 7 (12),p. 1—8.
19. Mikhaylov, 2013, A. S. Internationalization cluster policy of the Baltic Sea region countries: formation of the international clusters, Report of the 4th International scientific conference on European Science and Technology, Munich, Vela Verlag, April 2013, p. 631—636.
20. The Bothnian Arc, 2013, European Commission, 20 p., available at:http://ec.europa.eu/ourcoast/download....
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
... sector companies operating in the regions under study, the authors formed a bi-component model of cluster development for the agro-industrial complex (including the "completion" of basic spheres in the agro-industrial complex and the actual cluster development formats). Today the innovative vectors of the complex development often lay along the large agricultural holdings, which also act as customers of R&D in the industry. The lack (despite the presence of formal strategies for regional and cluster development) ...
The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster
... to the ever-changing conditions of a competitive market. It suggests that all business entities of the territory interact thus increasing the competitiveness of transport cluster as a whole. The Kaliningrad region is one of the territories where the formation of an efficient international transport cluster is possible. This article offers a definition of a transport cluster and describes its internal organisation as well as the features of formation thereof in the Kaliningrad region. The practical significance of the article lies in justifying the ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... cultural excellence, and business and investment environment.
1. Druzhinin, A. G. (ed.) 2017, Transgranichnoe klasteroobrazovanie v primorskikh zonakh Evropeiskoi chasti Rossii: faktory, modeli, ekonomicheskie i ekisticheskie effekty [Transboundary cluster formation in the coastal zones of the European part of Russia: factors, models, economic and telecommunication effects], Rostov-on-Don, 421 p. (in Russ.)
2. Fedorov, G. M., Korneevets, V. S. 2015, Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions, ...
The methodology of cluster formation and its testing in the Kaliningrad hotel market
This article considers the method of cluster formation through applying the principles of hierarchical cluster analysis of multidimensional statistical data of factors affecting the competitive advantages of hotel firms and its testing in the Kaliningrad hotel services market. The authors identify ...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
... Management, no. 1, p. 35—40. doi:
24. Shchur, R., Plets, I., Mykytiuk, O. 2017, Cluster analysis ukrainian regional distribution by level of innovation, The actual problems of regional economy development, ... ....org/
. (In Russ.).
34. Mikhailova, A. A. 2017, Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region, Vestnik Baltijskogo federal’nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta....
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
... perspectives. L., 1991. P. 1—8.
23. Cooke P., Morgan K. The Network Paradigm: New Departures in Corporate and Regional Development // Environment and Planning D: Society and Space. 1993. № 11. P. 543—564.
24. Debresson Ch. Breeding innovation clusters: A source of dynamic development // World Development. 1989. № 17(1). P. 1—16.
25. Effective Regional Innovation Systems. Innovating Regions in Europe: final report. IRE Working Group. 2008.
26. Feldman M. P. The Geography of Innovation. ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... stresses the inverted coastalisation in Russia at the macro- and meso-levels and identifies its causes. The article defines the coastal zone as a full-scale, continuum-discrete phenomenon with clear crossborder characteristics and increased potential for cluster formation in the economy. Marine cross-border clusters are identified as independent typological units. Characteristics and conditions for their formation and development are described in view of contemporary geoeconomic trends. The author examines the ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Choice in Alliances // Academy of Management Journal. 1995. № 38.P. 85—112.
25. Gulati R. Social Structure and Alliance Formation Pattems: A Longitudinal Analysis // Administrative Science Quarterly. 1995. № 40. P. 619—52.
26. Gulati R., Singh ... ... The External Control of Organizations: A Resource Dependence Perspective. New York : Harper and Row, 1978.
48. Porter M. E. Clusters and the new economics of competitiveness // Harvard Business Review. 1998. December. P. 77—90.
49. Porter M. E. Competitive ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... since a number of its regions border on the EU countries. The district participates in the development of network innovative structures within the Baltic Sea region. It takes an active part in cross-border cooperation — activities that involve the formation of transborder innovative clusters. There are high expectations associated with the formation of such territorially localised innovative networks, as the Helsinki — Saint Petersburg — Tallinn and Tricity (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot) — Kaliningrad — Klaipeda transborder innovative ...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... cluster of pneumonia associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission: A study of a family cluster // The Lancet. Vol. 395, № 10223. P. 514—523.
11. Pummerer L., Sassenberg ... ... Theories in Times of Crisis and their Societal Effects: Case “Corona”. PsyarXiv. URL:
(дата обращения 10.09.2020)
12. Šrol J., Mikušková E. B., Cavojova V. When we are worried, what are ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... documents/valissuhted/projektid/2/cd/en/final.pdf (accessed 12 September 2012).
7. Project newsletter “EstRuCluster Development. Cluster development and B2B internationalization in Estonian-Russian transborder regions”, 2009, no. 2, available at: http://rus.... ... Europa. Press Release RAPID, 2 October, available at: http://europa. eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction. do?reference=MEMO/10/473&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en (accessed 11 October 2012).
19. Short information on the project partners and their ...
Territorial community local spaces
... approach to studying the formation and transformation of a territorial community. There are different types of proximities within the territorial community: geographic, formative, dominant interaction and development proximities among others. Using clusters as an example the author proves that the formation of unique characteristics of various forms of spatial networking is defined by the essential features of the territorial community underlying them.
1. Балтийский регион как полюс экономической интеграции ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... the Baltic], Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
14. Lavrov, S. B., Salnikov, S. S. 1975, Industrial "shift to the sea" and the formation of industrial-port complexes. In: Shvede, E. E. Geografiya okeanov [Geography of the oceans], collection of scientific ... ... theory of the development of modern societies], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
18. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10.
19. The national economy ...
The prospects of entrepreneurship in the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region
The article offers an analytical review of the prospects for the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region with the participation of small and medium businesses. In view of the ... ... rest with information and communications technologies and biotechnologies, which are expected to become the centre of major clusters of small and medium enterprises.
1. Daly, M. 2012, SMEs in HORIZON 2020 and support under WP2013. In: Unit "Communication" ...
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
... flows in logistics systems, Logisticа [Logistics], no 2. p. 32—36 (in Russ.).
7. Zhang, W., Lam, J. S. L. 2013, Maritime cluster evolution based on symbiosis theory and Lotka-Volterra model, Maritime Policy & Management, vol. 40, no. 2, p. 161—176.... ... Publishing, 278 p.
21. Reuer, J. J., Lahiri, N. 2014, Searching for alliance partners: Effects of geographic distance on the formation of R&D collaborations, Organization Science, vol. 25, no. 1, p. 283—298. doi:
Global value chains in the age of uncertainty: advantages, vulnerabilities, and ways for enhancing resilience
20. Smorodinskaya, N. V., Katukov, D. D. 2019, When and why regional clusters become basic building blocks of modern economy, Balt. Reg., vol. 11, no. 3, p. 61—91. doi:
... ... no. 2, p. 183—219. doi:
32. Elliott, M., Golub, B., Leduc, M. V. 2020, Supply network formation and fragility, SSRN Working Papers. doi:
33. Taschereau-Dumouchel, M. 2020, ...
Typoligocal diversity of the strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: (theoretical and conceptual aspect)
... trends. The multidimensional "turn" to the Sea is fully inherent in modern Russia. The article attempts to comprehend and conceptualize the effects of the spatial concentration of the national "marine" economy, as well as its complex formation and clusterization in the framework of the conceptual development of the "strongholds of coastal borderlands", understood as a special socio-geographical (economic-geographical and, at the same time, geo-economic, geopolitical) compact ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... № 8 (1). P. 26—41.
41. Steiner M. Competence clusters as a new concept for regional policy // Steiner M. (ed.). Competence clusters: workshop report. Leykam, 1997. P. 17—22.
42. Stuart T. E. Interorganizational alliances and the performance of firms: ... ... Transport and Environment. 2016. № 49. P. 280—290.
44. Walker G., Kogut B., Shan W. Social capital, structural holes and the formation of an industry network // Organization Science. 1997. № 8 (2). P. 109—125.
Mikhaylov A. S.
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... 1 (2), p. 30—41. (In Russ)
12. Lachininskii, S. S., Lachininskii, А. S., Semenova, I. V. 2016, The geoeconomic factor in formation of spatial structure of the St. Petersburg coastal area, Regional Research of Russia, Vol. 6, no. 4, p. 323—331.
13.... ... Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 11—21. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-3-1.
15. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10.
16. Natsional'nyi atlas ...
Bipolar resistive switching in memristive thin films based on Si-Ag
In this work were investigated surface and electrophysical properties of multilayer thin film structures based on Si/Ag, grown by Ion-Plasma Deposition method. There were developed and optimized method of structure formation, which consist of silver clusters in silicon medium. Current-voltage curves were observed on prepared structures and demonstrate resistive switching behavior.
1. Chua L. O. Memristor — the missing circuit element // IEEE Trans Circuit Theory 18. 1971. Р. 507—519.
2. Strukov ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... geo-economics of the St. Petersburg Primorsky region through GIS], Geografija i prirodnye resursy [Geography and natural resources], no. 4.
12.Mogilevtsev, А. А. 2013, Formirovanie portovo-promyshlennyh klasterov na territorii primorskih provincij KNR [Formation of the port and industrial cluster in
the coastal provinces of China], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 2 (40), p. 50—76.
13. Valev, E. B. 2009, Problemy razvitija i vzaimodejstvija primorskih territorij v Evrope [Problems of development and interaction of ...
Supranational Policy of Migrant Integration in the EU
... states pursuing an active migration policy. This article sets out to identify socioeconomic and demographic conditions for the formation of a national migrant integration policy in the framework of implementing European directives. The study contributes ... ... identifies the key factors affecting a country’s approach to the integration of immigrants. These factors were used in conducting a cluster analysis, which made it possible to identify four groups of countries. The study showed that, despite the large-scale ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
In this paper, we look at the interregional cooperation in adjacent areas. Specifically, we focus our attention on the cluster of regions formed by the city of St. Petersburg, the Leningrad region and the Republic of Karelia. All three areas face ... ... markets.
1. Chub, A. A. 2011, K voprosu o formirovanii transgranichnyh regionov na territorii Rossijskoj Federacii [On the formation of the cross-border regions in the Russian Federation], Regional'naja jekonomika: teorija i praktika, no. 25, p. 27—34....