Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... is a unique example of a model region. It accounts for 10 % of the country’s total area and 9.5 % of its population. This article aims to trace the patterns of city distribution across the region, to assess the conditions of differently populated cities and towns, and to identify sustainability trends in their socio-economic development. Population change is a reliable indicator of the competitiveness of a city. As a rule, a growing city performs well economically and has a favourable investment climate and high-paid jobs. The ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Development Policy Implementation in Selected EU Member States Using DEA, The Ecological Dimension, Sustainability, vol. 12, no. 1, p. 435. doi: 10.3390/su12010435.
35. Gonzalez-Garcia, S., Manteiga, R., Moreira, M. T., Feijoo, G. 2018, Assessing the sustainability of Spanish cities considering environmental and socio-economic indicators, Journal of Cleaner Production, no. 178, p. 599—610. doi: 10.1016/j. jclepro.2018.01.056.
36. Skvarciany, V., Jurevičienė, D., Volskytė, G. 2020, Assessment of Sustainable Socioeconomic ...
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... Yigitcanlar T. Position paper: benchmarking the performance of global and emerging knowledge cities // Expert Systems with Applications. 2014. Vol. 41, № 12. P. 5549—5559.
27. Yigitcanlar T., Velibeyoglu K., Martinez-Fernandez C. Rising knowledge cities: the role of knowledge precincts // Journal of Knowledge Management. 2008. Vol. 12 (5). P. 8—20.
Nikiforov A. A.
urban development, urban policy, city index, sustainable development, environmental performance, quality of life, smart city
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... example of Estonia), Economic forum, no. 4, p. 107—118 (in Ukr.).
25. Freude,T. 2019, Ecotourism and Sustainable Development. In: Leal Filho, W., Azul, A., Brandli, L., Özuyar, P., Wall, T. (eds) Decent Work and Economic Growth. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Springer, Cham. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-71058-7_28-1.
26. Dodds, R. Butler, R. W. (eds.) 2019, Overtourism: Issues, Realities and Solutions, Berlin, De Gruyter Oldenbourg, doi: 10.1515/9783110607369.
27. Bouchon, F., Rauscher, M. 2019, Cities and tourism, a love and hate story; towards a conceptual framework for urban overtourism management, International Journal of Tourism Cities, vol. 5, no. 4, p. 598—619. doi: 10.1108/IJTC‐06‐2019‐0080.
28. Gonzalez, V. M., Coromina, L., ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
..., V., Karacharovskiy, V. 2007, Prichiny i posledstvija sverhkoncentracii jekonomicheskogo i social'nogo potencialov Rossii v ejo krupnyh gorodah [Causes and consequences of over-concentration of economic and social potential of Russia
in its major cities], Rossijskij jekonomicheskij zhurnal [Russian Economics Journal], no. 1—2, p. 26—46.
8. Osnovopolagajushhie principy ustojchivogo prostranstvennogo razvitija Evropejskogo kontinenta i mery po ih realizacii [Guiding Principles for Sustainable Spatial Development of the European continent and measures for their implementation], 2003. In: Materialy pjatoj konferencii «Okruzhajushhaja sreda dlja Evropy» [Proceedings of the fifth Conference «Environment for Europe»], Kiev, Ukraine,...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... important to seize the opportunities provided by the information society and focus on the innovative areas of regional cooperation. An interesting example is the partnership between Baltic universities, which is aimed to draw up an international agenda for sustainable regional development. Baltic cities are involved in various forms of cross-border cooperation, providing opportunities for interstate relations and contributes to laying down crossborder cooperation roadmaps and developing civil society networks. It can be concluded, that the history ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... vozdushnyj bassejn gorodov Central'nogo CHernozem'ya [Ecological assessment of impact of motor transport on the air basin of the cities of the Central Black Earth], Voronezh, 207 p. (In Russ.)
31. Yamashkin, A. A. 2001, Geoehkologicheskij analiz hozyajstvennogo ... ... McKelvie, I. 2004. Environmental monitoring handbook, McGraw-Hill Companies, 39 p.
33. GIS for Green Government, 2009, Providing Sustainable Solutions — ESRI, New York, available at:
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
... the production process, it is more appropriate to consider the knowledge generation at the level of a city where the city is the most important urbanized scientific regional centre. This study aims to assess the territorial distribution of Russian cities by their ability to generate new scientific knowledge with the subsequent development of recommendations for managing their territorial capital as the basis of competitiveness. For Russia, the solution to this problem is most relevant in the ...
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
... s246-s254. doi:
5. Deslatte, A., Stokan, E. 2019, Hierarchies of need in sustainable development: A resource dependence approach for local governance, Urban Affairs Review, vol. 55, no. 4, p. 1125—1152.... ...
6. Thomas, M. B., Fay, D. L., Berry, F. S. 2020, Strategically Marketing Florida’s Cities: An Exploratory Study Into How Cities Engage in Public Marketing, The American Review of Public Administration, vol. 50,...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... development. Ford Foundation. Urban and Regional Development Advisory Program in Chile, Santiago.
36. Izci, R. 2004, How to interpret sustainability in the Mediterranean. In: Xuereb, P. G. (ed.) The Mediterranean's European challenge. Msida, Vol. 5, The European ... ... Ireland, Marine Policy, Vol. 36, no. 2, p. 393—404.
38. Kasanko, M., Barredo, J. I., Lavalle, C. et al. 2006, Are European Cities Becoming Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 77, no. ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... importance for the growth of economic, social, and cultural welfare. The increasing tourist and recreational attractiveness of such cities as Druskininkai, Trakai, Palanga, Vilnius, and Klaipeda to international tourists, as well as an advantageous quality-price ... ... Million Nights Spent on Campsites in 2008, Eurostat Statistics in Focus, European Comission, 8 p.
7. Grundey, D. 2008, Managing Sustainable Tourism in Lithuania: Dream or Reality?, Baltic Journal of Sustainability, Vol. 14, no. 2, p. 118—129.
8. Hall, ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... JeKOGIDROMET — 2012» [Proceedings of the VII International Conference "Ecological and hydrometeorological problems of big cities and industrial zones, EKOGIDROMET — 2012"], 2013, July 2—4, St. Petersburg, p. 18—27.
11. Dmitriev, V. V., ... ... Jekonomicheskij i social'nyj sovet. 47 sessija [Report of the inter-agency expert group on indicators of achievements in the field of sustainable development. UN. The Economic and Social Council. 47 session], 2016, 8—11 March, E/CN.3/2016/2, 46 p.
Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
... The conflict between the conservation and economic use of these territories is increasing. This work aims to find ways to optimise and modernise environmental outreach and recreation in national parks as a type of PAs. Geotourism is viewed here as a sustainable form of tourism bridging the gap between conservation and recreation. Several objectives have been attained to fulfil this aim. The first one was the analysis of the best practices of geotourism development in Pas; the second one was measuring ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... Things, New York.
29. Bouton, Sh., Knupfer, S. M., Mihov, I., Swartz, S. 2015, Urban mobility at a tipping point: how to keep cities moving, McKinsey, available at:
http://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/sustainability-and-resource-productivity/our-insights/urb.... ... 44—46.
31. Preston, F. 2012, A Global Redesign, Shaping the Circular Economy, London, p. 160.
32. Sachs, J. 2015, The Age of Sustainable Development, Columbia University Press, р. 145.
33. Sauvé, S., Bernard, S., Sloan, P. 2016, Environmental sciences,...
Sustainable tourism as an alternative development path for coastal towns: The case of the Kaliningrad region
....int/comm/ environment/iczm/situation.htm (дата обращения: 20.09.2013).
13. World Tourism Organization UNWTO. URL: http://sdt. unwto. org/en (дата обращения: 20.03.2013).
Kropniva E., Belova A., Afanasyeva E.
tourism, sustainable urban development, coastal cities, border area, typology, evaluation of prospects, Kaliningrad/Vistula Lagoon.
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg has a special mission in delivering national development priorities, ensuring sustainable economic growth, and commercializing R&D. This necessitates research on the situation in the corporate sector, including investment potential and propensity to invest. The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies ...
Biological and social needs in the system of urban-ecological attitudes
... Тахо-Годи А.
Платон. Аристотель. М., 1993.
Архитектурная утопия. Природа и человек. Свет. 2000. №
Dremova Ye. A.
urboecosystem, cultural landscapes, sustainable development, human needs.
Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... North-West: problems and development prospects], no. 3 (48), p. 87—103 (in Russ.).
7. Saiensus, M. 2014, Analysis of innovative sustainability of socio-econonic systems, Socioeconomic Research Bulletin, no. 4 (55), p. 109—114.
8. Tatarkin, A.I., Tatarkin,... ... RAASN [Academic Bulletin UralNIIproekt RAASN], no.2, p. 10—15 (in Russ.).
13. Lappo, G.M. 1987 Goroda i puti v budushchee [Cities and paths to the future], Moscow, 236 p. (in Russ.).
14. Beaujeu-Garnier, J. Chabot. G.1966, Traité de géographie urbaine,...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
1. Kasanko, M., Barredo, J. I., Lavalle, C., McCormick, N., Demicheli, L., Sagris, V., Brezger, A. 2006, Are European Cities Becoming Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 77, no. ... ... 1211—1212.
5. Vallega, A. 1998, Agenda 21 of ocean geography. In: Vallega, A. et al. (eds.) Geography, oceans and coasts towards sustainable development, p. 17—116.
6. Berardo, C. 1999, Spatial dynamics of Mediterranean coastal regions, Journal of Coastal ...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
1. Brym, M. 2013, Border Landscapes on the EU Periphery: Examples of Integration and Division Polish and Ukrainian Cities, Focus on Geography, V. 56, no. 3.
2. Grama, V. 2011, Cooperation at the EU External Borders. Case of Ramania, Romanian ... ... Ganzei, S. S. 2008, Transgranichnye territorii: problemy ustojchivogo prirodopol'zovanija [Cross-border territories: problems of sustainable nature], Vladivostok, Dal'nauka, 216 p.
11. Mirzekhanova, D. G. 2013, Formirovanie turisticheskogo produkta v predelah ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... primorskikh sistem rasseleniya na baze portovykh gorodov [Town planning aspects of the coastal settlement systems on the basis of port cities], Vestnik Inzhenernoy shkoly Dal'nevostochnogo federal'nogo universiteta, no. 2, p. 45—53.
25. Aybulatov, N. A. 1989,... ... vazhneyshiy faktor ee ustoychivogo razvitiya [Integrated development of the coastal zone of the Black Sea — a key factor in its sustainable development], PhD Thes., Krasnodar, 25 p.
31. Slevich, S. B. 1988, Okean: resursy i khozyaystvo [Ocean: resources ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture], Moscow, Higher School of Economics.
6. Klimat gorodov Rossii [Climate Russian cities], Atlas Yakutia, available at: http://atlas-jakutia.ru/weather/spravochnik/spravochnik.html (accessed 02.02.2015).
7. ... ... Janelle, D., Gillespie, A. 2004, Space — time constructs for linking information and communication technologies with issues in sustainable transportation, TTRV372, p.665 -677, available at: www.spatial.ucsb.edu (accessed 01.04.2015).
33. Morgan, K. 2001,...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... Apsīte-Beriņa E., Burgmanis Ģ., Krišjāne Z. Return Migration Trends in Latvia: Re-attracting the Main Human Resource for Sustainable Regional Development // Proceedings of the 12th International Scientific and Practical Conference. 2018. Vol. 1. P.... ... Bērziņš M., Ivlevs A., Bauls A. Who are the typical commuters in the post-socialist metropolis? The case of Riga, Latvia // Cities. 2012. Vol. 29, № 5, P. 334—340.
33. Kamenska A., Tumule J. Migrants’ Access to Social Protection in Latvia // Migration ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Foruma liderov strategicheskogo planirovanija. Sankt-Peterburg, 20—21 oktjabrja 2008 g. [Strategic planning in the regions and cities of Russia. Reports of VII All-Russia Forum of Strategic Planning Lea-ders. St. Petersburg, October 20—21, 2008], Saint ... ... in oceanology, curriculum, competences, credits, compulsory and optional disciplines, expert evaluation, specialist training, sustainable regional development
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... open ICT innovations, KARELIA ENPI CBC, available at: http://www. kareliaenpi. eu/fi/teemat/cross-border-solutions/hankkeet/154-complex-development-of-regional-cooperation-in-the-field-of-open-ict-innovations (accessed 17 September 2012).
22. Green cities and settlements — Sustainable spatial development in remote border areas, KARELIA ENPI CBC, available at: http://www. kareliaenpi. eu/fi/teemat/cross-border-solutions/hankkeet/160-green-cities-and-settlements-sustainable-spatial-development-in-remote-border-areas (accessed ...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
..., vol. 194, no. 1, p. 18—31. doi: 194. 10.11143/46265.
3. Rytkönen, P., Tunón, H. 2020, Summer Farmers, Diversification and Rural Tourism — Challenges and Opportunities in the Wake of the Entrepreneurial Turn in Swedish Policies (1991—2019), Sustainability, no. 12, p. 1—27. doi: 10.3390/su12125217.
4. Demiroglu, O. C., Lundmark, L., Saarinen, J., Müller, D.K. 2019, The last resort? Ski tourism and climate change in Arctic Sweden, Journal of Tourism Futures,vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 91—101. ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... Russian ports infrastructure up to 2030], 2012, Moscow.
31. Sychev, S. L. 2006, Kompleksnoe osvoenie pribrezhnoj zony Chernogo morja — vazhnejshij faktor ee ustojchivogo razvitija [Integrated coastal zone of the Black Sea — a key factor in its sustainable development], candidate dissertation thesis, Krasnodar.
32. Fadeev, S. А. 1998, Transformacija pribrezhnyh zon v Zapadnoj Evrope i Evropejskoj Rossii: delimitacija i upravlenie [Transformation of coastal zones in Western Europe and European ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... regions of Russia’s North-West.
1. Ambrose, I., Balmas, S., Barragán Iturriaga, A. 2013, Accessible Routes in Historical Cities: Best Practice Guide, European Foundation Centre, Brussels, Belgium. p. 38.
2. Baltic Culture and Tourism Route Fortresses,... ... cooperation in INTERREG-III-B project 2005—2007, Berlin, p. 146.
3. Bâtea (Bota), C.-M. 2014, Cross-border projects means for sustainable tourism development along the Romanian-Hungarian border, Analele Universităţii din Oradea, Seria Geografie, no. ...
The moving boundaries of news translation
... what do we analyze and compare? Can we call these practices ‘translation’? How do we integrate multimodality into our traditionally textual analyses? This article formulates tentative answers based onrecent publications in the field. It calls for sustained research in the reception of news translation and with cognitive methods, as well as intensified exchanges with audiovisual translation.
Baker, M., 2006. Translation and Conflict: A Narrative Account. London: Routledge.
Bassnett, S., 2005....