The history of the Russian anthroponymic formula in the Smolensk region: Commercial documents of the 17th century
The author studies commercial documents (Smolensk, 17th century) from the perspective of anthropolinguistics and sociolinguistics to trace the development of the official anthroponymic formula in the western region of Russia. At that time, Smolensk was part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The article places emphasis on the specifics of the naming process.
1. Бахвалова Т. В. Из истории развития личных имен в Белозерье (На материале ...
Attitude to economic development issues as a feature of the sociological profile of the population in the Smolensk region border areas
... concepts of social geography which reveal both objective and subjective character. The primary territorial interest of the region is the efficient economic development, while losses and risks are minimal. The population opinion poll conducted in the Smolensk region identifies the priority areas in economic and social policy. The article also points out to the difference in opinions of the population and the political elite of the region regarding the main vectors of economic development. The findings ...
Employment in the Kaliningrad region in comparison with the nearest regions of Russia and with the average Russian level
... российско-белорусского пограничья / под ред. А. П. Катровского, Ю. П. Ковалева. Смоленск, 2017.
Gumenyuk L. G., Sibireva N. I., Fedorov D. G.
the Kaliningrad region, the Pskov region, the Smolensk Region, the Russian Federation, employment, unemployment, value added, human capital
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
The relevance of applied regional studies aimed at solving problems of adapting the nature management and spatial planning system to the current conditions ... ... [InterCarto-InterGIS-18: Sustainable Development of Territories: GIS Theory and practical experience. Proceedings of the international conference], Smolensk, p. 318-322.
9. Zotov, S. I., Pokrovskiy, A. V., Kesoretskikh, I. I., Zotov, I. S. 2013, Znachimost' rel'yefa dlya otsenki ...
Is demographic development of central Russia facing a tipping point?
The article studies current trends and problems of demographic development in Central Russia. Particular attention is paid to the Smolensk region which is considered to be one of the most demographically troubled Russian regions. The causes of the drop in absolute and relative fertility rates in the region have been revealed. One of them is the dramatic change in the age structure of the ...
Cultural codes in the toponymy of the Roslaval district of the Smolensk region
In the framework of cultural linguistics, this article explores the informational field of proper names, specifically, toponyms. The study focuses on oeconyms, in particular, the official names of villages in one of the Smolensk region’s most important districts – Roslavl. A total of 314 names were analysed to describe relevant cultural codes, which are based on various fragments of reality. The purpose of this work is to identify and characterise the cultural codes that ...
The transformation of roadside geosystems of the Smolensk region under the impact of motor transport complex
This article shows that the annual increase in traffic in the Smolensk region affects the environmental features of roadside land pollution by oil products, heavy metals, waste, calcium chloride, and magnesium. The author emphasizes an increase in traffic accidents and road-traffic fatality on the Moscow — Minsk international ...
On the influence of lithogenic factors on the condition of motorways in the Smolensk region
This article offers information on the condition of motorways in the Smolensk region. The condition of local roads is considered in relation to the particle size structure of covering rocks. The authors conducted an analysis of performance characteristics of road surfaces within different natural complexes and identified certain ...
Opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region
... landscapes, spatial settlement and land use features, and the network components of the landscapes environment.
1. Berg, L. S. 1915. Izv. RGO, Part. 51, Vyp. 9, pp. 463—475... ... primere Karel'skogo pereshejka). In: D'jakonov, K. N. Landshaftovedenie: teorija,metody, regional'nye issledovanija, praktika: materialy XI mezhdunar. landshaftnoj konf. Moskow... ... Rodoman, B. B. 1999. Territorial'nye arealy i seti: ocherki teoreticheskoj geografii.
13. Rodoman, B. B. 2002. Poljarizovannaja biosfera: sbornik statej. Smolensk...
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
....ru/STRUGACKIE/ostrow2.txt (accessed 12.12.2014).
20. Strugatsky, А., Strugatsky, B. 1992, Ponedel'nik nachinaetsja v subbotu [Monday begins on Saturday], Moscow.
21. Sukhorukov, V. D. 2000, Teorija geoprostranstvennyh sistem [Geospatial Systems Theory], Smolensk, 192 p.
22. Tarhov, S. А. 2013, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija: ejo sushhnost', predmet izuchenija i metody [Socio-economic geography: its essence, the subject matter and methods], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 3 (41), p. 12.
23. Chistobaev, А. I. 2012, Nauchnye issledovanija i obrazovanie v oblasti obshhestvennoj geografii: problemy i zadachi [Research and education in the field of human geography: challenges],...
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
This article addresses methodology of modern landscape studies from the perspective of natural and man-made components of a territory. Railway infrastructure ... ... transportation. Two types of railway infrastructure are identified in the Kaliningrad region – modern (functioning) and relic (abandoned) ones. In the Kaliningrad region... ... accommodation and nature protection]. In: Poljarizovannaja biosfera [Polarized Biosphere], Smolensk, p. 77.
18. Romanova, Е. А. 2011, Dinamika sistemy rasselenija kak osnovnoj...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... rajonirovanie [The territorial structure of the economy and economic zoning]. In: Shkirina, А. I., Shuvalov, V. Е. (eds.), Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija: tradicii i sovremennost' [Socio-economic geography: tradition and modernity], Moscow — Smolensk, 347 p.
3. Bolychev, О. N. 2009, Differenciacija Baltijskogo regiona po urovnju i tempam razvitija roznichnoj torgovli [Differentiation of the Baltic region in the level and pace of development of retail trade], Region sotrudnichestva [Region cooperation], no.1 (53), p. 16—25.
4. Bolychev, O., Mikhailov, A. 2014, Network Transformations in Economy, Balt. Reg., no. 3 (21). DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-3....
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
... Kropinova, Е.G, Zaitseva, N. А. 2015, Development of tourism development scenarios for the Kaliningrad region until 2030, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional Studies], no. 4, p. 126—131. (In Russ)
9. Mazhar, L. Yu. 2008, Territorial'nye turistsko-rekreatsionnye sistemy [Local tourism and recreation system], Smolensk. (In Russ)
10. Rakadzhiyska, S., Marinov, S. 2005, Turisticheski pazari [Touristic Pazar], Varna, 191 p. (In Bulg.)
11. Turchenko, Е. S. 2015, The main directions and dynamics of outbound and inbound tourism in the Pskov region, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional Studies],...
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
....com/2015/05/ (accessed 12.05.2015).
26. Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo regionov Rossii, Belarusi i Ukrainy [Crossborder cooperation of regions of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine], 2013, CII EABR, 100 p.
27. Katrovsky, А. P., Kovalev, Yu. P. 2012, Rossijsko-belorusskoe prigranich'e: dvadcat' let peremen [Russian-Belarusian border area: twenty years of change], Smolensk, 288 p.
28. Rossijsko-ukrainskoe pogranich'e: dvadcat' let razdelennogo edinstva [The Russian-Ukrainian borderlands twenty years divided unity], 2011, Moscow, 352 p.
29. Rossija rasshirit bezvizovuju zonu s ...
The spatial structure of Baltic Sea ferry services
... the IX All-Russian Forum Strategic planning in regions and cities of Russia, St. Petersburg, p. 115—119 (in Russ.).
23. Gorkin, A. P. 2013, Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskaya geografiya: ponyatiya i terminy [Socio-economic geography: concepts and terms], Smolensk, Oikumena (in Russ.).
24. Gumenyuk, I. S., Orlov, S.V. 2014, The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p.121—131. doi:
25. Pustoshny, A. V. 2013, Prospects for High-Speed Water Transport in Russia, Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences,...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... Pilyasov, A. (ed.). 2012, Sinergija prostranstva: regional'nye innovacionnye sistemy, klastery i peretoki znanija [Space synergy: regional innovative systems, clusters and knowledge overflows], Moscow — Smolensk, Oykumena.
8. Presidency Conclusions, Lisbon European Council, 23—24 March, 2000, available at: http://www.consilium.... ... (accessed 01 June 2012).
9. Bechev, I. et al. 2010, Science, technology and innovation in Europe, Luxembourg, Publications Office of the European union.
10. Kornecki, J., Lisowska R. and Ropega J. 2007, Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Poland, Lodz, Foundation ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... geography and interprets coastalisation of population and economy as a key indicator of the development of a coastal zone. The author stresses the inverted coastalisation in... ... Baltic Federal University], no. 3, p. 75—81.
11. Makhnovsky, D. 2014, The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century, Balt. Reg.... ... geografiya: ponyatiya i terminy [Socio-Economic Geography: the concepts and terms], Smolensk, 328 p.
24. Anikeev, V. V. 2012, Gradostroitel'nye aspekty razvitiya primorskikh...
The noun visilka: a semantic portrait and a system of multiple meanings (based on police search documentation of the second half of the 19th century)
This article is devoted to one of the important aspects of studying the Russian business language of the second half of ... ... discovered business texts of this type in the funds of the State Archive of the Tyumen region, the State Archive of the Omsk region, and the State Archive of the Irkutsk region... ... Vѣdomostej, Oficial'noj chasti 11-go Dekabrya 1848 goda [Addendum to No. 50 of the Smolensk Provincial Records, Official part of December 11, 1848]. GBUTO «Gosudarstvennyj...
Spatio-temporal patterns of knowledge transfer in the borderland
... covers six territories of the Northwestern federal district (the Republic of Karelia, St Petersburg, and the Kaliningrad, Leningrad, Murmansk, and Pskov regions); five regions of the Central federal district (Belgorod, Bryansk, Voronezh, Kursk, and Smolensk); and one region of the Southern federal district (Rostov). The methodology of the study consists of using information from the Scopus abstract and citation database to assess the intensity of research cooperation. The findings suggest that the degree of involvement in transboundary ...
Population change in global urban regions
... the stage of globalisation. The research sets out to identify and describe the common — model — and individual features of the demographic modernisation process.
1. Vallerstein, I. 2001. Tipologija krizisov v mirosisteme In: Analiz mirovyh sistem i ... ... osnovami demografii:uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie. Mosocw.
9. Sluka, N. A. 2009. Geodemograficheskie fenomeny global'nyh gorodov. Smolensk.
10. Sluka, N. A. 2005. Gradocentricheskaja model' mirovogo hozjajstva. Moscow.
11. Fedorov, G. M., Korneevets, V. S. 2009. Baltijskij region., № 2, pp. 32—41.
12. Grchiћ, M., Sluka, N. 2006. Globalni gradovi. Belgrad.
13. Annuaire Statistique de la France....
Informational Field of Proper Names
... heterogeneity, mutual intersections and interpenetrations. A prospective variant has been offered for a complex information analysis and determination of its communicative significance as exemplified by a developed informational field of the oikonym Katyn' (Smolensk Region). The paper also describes methods of empirical material collection and processing.
1. Болотов В. И. Лингвистический статус имени собственного и его функционирование в тексте // ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
This article considers major trends in the spatial and sectoral structure of national production and analyses the patterns ... ... 194—196.
13. Mikhailov, A. 2013, Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 37—46. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-4.
14. Moshkov... ... industry Russia], Izvestija Smolenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Proceedings of the Smolensk State University], no. 3, p. 221—230.
25. Chebanov, S. 2010, Rossijskie...