Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... nekommercheskih organizacij v ramkah proekta NO-VISA [The results of a survey of non-profit organizations as part of NO-VISA], Мoscow.
4. Recommendations on the process of facilitation and liberalization of the visa regime between the European Union and the Russian Federation, 2013, Steering Committee of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, Prague.
5. Potyomkina, О. 2011, Problema doverija Rossii i ES v ramkah obshhego prostranstva svobody, bezo-pasnosti i pravosudija [The problem of confidence in Russia and the ...
The visa aspects of the academic mobility between the Russian Federation and the European Union: the experience of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
... registration issues faced by foreign citizens in Russia.
1. Soglashenie mezhdu Rossijskoj Federaciej i Evropejskim soobwestvom ob uprowenii vydachi viz grazhdanam Rossijskoj Federacii i Evropejskogo sojuza ot 25 maja 2006 g. [The agreement between the Russian Federation and the European
Community on the facilitation of issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and the European Union on 25 May 2006], Sprav.-pravovaja sistema «Konsul'tantPljus» [Legal-reference system «Adviser Plus»]. ...
The development of legal framework for Russia-EU relations: 2010 results
... The article reviews current initiatives and approaches of the Parties in the legal regulation of the „Partnership for modernisation".
1. Postojannoe predstavitel'stvo Rossijskoj Federacii pri Evropejskom Sojuze [The Permanent Mission of the Russian Federation to the European Union], available at: http://www. russianmission. eu (accessed 17 December 2010).
2. Koncepcija modernizacii Soglashenija o partnerstve i sotrudnichestve mezhdu Rossiej i ES i zakljuchenija Soglashenija o prodvinutom partnerstve,...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... innovative space of the Baltic region. The author presents the results of a comparative analysis of innovative development in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries based on the calculation of an integral research and technological potential index for the Russian Federation, the Northwestern Federal District of Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Germany, Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia. The paper describes the level of research and technological development of Russia in 2008—2010 in terms of human ...
Legal guarantees for international investment according to the legislation of the Russian Federation
4. Gushchin, V. V., Ovchinnikov, A. A. 2006, Investicionnoe pravo [Investment Law], Moscow.
5. Koveshnikov, М. Ye. 2001, Pravovoe regulirovanie inostrannyh investicij v Rossijskoj Federacii [Legal regulation of foreign investment in the Russian Federation], Moscow.
6. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Code of Laws of the Russian Federation], 1999, no 9, Art. 1096.
7. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Code of Laws of the Russian Federation], 1999, no 28. Art. 3493.
8. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF ...
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
2. Ukaz Presidenta Rossijskoj Federacii ot 13.07.2007 g. No 872 «O prio-stanovlenii Rossijskoj Federaciej deijstvija Dogovora ob obychnyh vooruzhennyh silah v Evrope I svjazannyh s nim mezhdunarodnyh dogovorov [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 13.07.2007 No 872 "On the suspension of the Russian Federation participation in the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe and in related International Treaties”], 2007, Kremlin.ru, available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/25785 ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... Vestnik Baltijskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic federal University], no. 3, p. 143—151. (in Russ.)
4. On the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad Region and on Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation: Federal law 16-FZ, dated 10 Jan. 2006 (as amended on 11.03.2016.), available at:
. (accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
5. About the state support of organizations that are making investments in the form of capital investment ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
..., economic and political space, remain unclear. Media analysts and scholars alike tend to view the Kaliningrad region as “double periphery”, since it is excluded from major modernisation processes both in the European integration zone and in the Russian Federation. However, a detailed study involving polyscale socioeconomic indices, expert interviews, and surveys run contrary to this viewpoint. A look at the key indices of the Kaliningrad region and the neighbouring communities of Poland and Lithuania ...
A functional description of the model for the protection of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation in the Baltic Sea region
... of development and those of environmental security of the countries that have shorelines along the Baltic Sea. Thus, it is necessary to give a functional description of the regional model for the legal protection of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation in the Baltic region. To this end, we identify the juridical content of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation. We consider the possibilities of the legal protection of the environmental interests in the national and international ...
The territorial structure of productive forces of Russian North-West in the 2000—2010s
... the beginning of the 20th century.
1. Gde v Rossii luchshe zhit'. Osnovnye pokazateli social'no-jekonomicheskogo polozhenija subektov Rossijskoj Federacii v 2010 g. [Where better to live in Russia. The main indicators of socio-economic status of the Russian Federation in 2010],
Rossijskaja gazeta, 2011, no. 5430, 16 March 2011.
2. Informacija o social'no-jekonomicheskom polozhenii Rossii, janvar' —dekabr' 2010 g. [Information on the socio-economic situation in Russia, January —December 2010], 2011, Moscow,...
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... bilateral agreements on a simplified border crossing regime in border areas. This article analyses local border traffic as a cross-border cooperation tool. The territory described in the study includes the external borders of the EU (and Norway) with the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus. The article will be of interest to specialists in international and, particularly, in cross-border cooperation. The authors analyse the mechanism of local border traffic and identify possible trends based on the ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
The need for maritime spatial planning is articulated in the Strategy for Marine Development of the Russian Federation until 2030. However, Russian legislation contains no provisions regulating this field. This article presents the results of a study aimed to devise a methodology for developing the model structure of a maritime plan for the Baltic Sea. The ...
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
... This determines the objective of the research. This article offers the author's assessment of the reasonability of Russia's accession to the WTO and suggests methodological approaches to the assessment of preparedness of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation for functioning in the new economic conditions based on the algorithm of choosing a system of indicators, as well as the organisation of enterprise monitoring according to this system, which makes it possible to formulate rational administrative ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... innovative clusters. The city of Saint Petersburg and the adjacent Leningrad region, as well as the Kaliningrad region can become innovative development corridors between Russia and the EU and, eventually, develop into the ‘economic growth poles’ of the Russian Federation.
1. Baranova, Yu. V. 2012, O mezhdunarodnom sotrudnichestve Severo-Zapada Rossii v innovacionnoj sfere na Baltike [On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic], Balt. reg., no. 4, p. 150—166....
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... Kosmopolis, no. 13(3), p. 82—89.
3. Gosudarstvennaja programma Rossijskoj Federacii «Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj oblasti do 2020 goda». Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF № 461-r ot 27 marta 2013 goda [State Program of the Russian Federation
«Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region until 2020.» RF Government Decree № 461-r dated March 27, 2013], available at: http://gosprogrammy. gov.ru (accessed 10.01.2014).
4. Kaliningradskaja oblast' v cifrah [Kaliningrad ...
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
... Plant", available at:
godovoy-sotsialnyy-otchet-2016-god. php (accessed 10.10.2017). (in Russ.)
2. On the approval of the Strategy for the development of the amber industry of the Russian Federation for the period until 2025, the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of September 15, 2017 No. 1966-r. (in Russ.)
3. The list of strategically important goods and resources for the purposes of Article 226.1 of the Criminal Code ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
4. Eurostat, available at: http://epp. eurostat. ec. europa. eu/portal/page/ portal/statistics/ search_dat abase (accessed 20 March 2013).
5. Vneshnjaja torgovlja [Foreign trade], Oficial'nyj sajt Goskomstata RF [Official site of Goskomstat of the Russian Federation], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 20 March 2013).
6. Russia and EU-27: main statistics, Eurostat, available at: http://epp. eurostat.ec. europa. eu/statistics_explained/index. php/Russia-EU_ _basic_ statistical_ indicators/ru (accessed ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... region countries, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 43—48. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5.
9. Koncepcija dolgosrochnogo social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda [The concept of long-term socio-economic development
of the Russian Federation for the period till 2020], 2009, Russian Ministry of Economic Development, available at: http://economy.gov.ru/minec/activity/
sections/fcp/rasp_2008_N1662_red_08.08.2009# (accessed 06.01.2015).
10. Kuzmin, D. I., Sokolovsky, А. А. 2012,...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... external relations. The empiric data we have gathered is used to develop and implement a pilot assessment of cross-border specialization of interregional relations which are characteristic of the border regions of the Northwestern Federal District of the Russian Federation. The article offers cross-border specialization indices for each border region of the Northwestern Federal District. With their help, we were able to identify the spheres of interaction with the highest degree of cross-border specialization,...
The regional approach in the policy of the Russian Federation towards the Republic of Estonia
This author uses regionalism as a theoretical framework for analyzing the foreign policy of the Russian Federation towards the Republic of Estonia. Regionalism is interpreted as a situation, when a political leader’s beliefs change depending on what region of the world is considered. Leaders of great powers often assume that, for example, small European ...
The role of the Kaliningrad region in the development of Russian-German relations
Germany is one of the principal partners of the Russian Federation. The Kaliningrad region plays a significant role in the development of partnership between the two countries, but the existing opportunities for development are not fully exploited. This article analyses the development, current state and prospects ...
The Welfare State (Social State) in the Russian Federation as a Constitutional Principle and its Practical Implementation
The authors are investigating the content and practical implementation of the constitutional principle of the social (welfare) state in the Russian Federation, especially the relevant state measures supporting families, birth rate and migration. Legal research in this paper is also focused on the selected state projects realized in the contemporary Russia: state program of the maternity (family) ...
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... Karelia territorial planning schemes], 2007, Explanatory note, Sankt-Petersburg, p. 249.
6. Gosudarstvennaya programma RF “Razvitie kultury I turizma na 2013—2020 gody”: rasporyazhenie Pravitelstva RF ot 27.12, 2012 N 2567-р [State program of the Russian Federation "Development of Culture and Tourism on 2013—2020 years": the order of the RF Government of 27.12.2012 N 2567-р], 2012.
7. Grushenko, E. B. 2014, Perspektivy razvitiya prigranichnogo mezhdunarodnogo turizma v Murmanskoy oblasti ...
On the potential and opportunities for cooperation between the Baltics in the field of innovations
This article compares the research and innovation potential of Russia in general, the Northwestern federal district and the Baltics (Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia) and explores the opportunities for cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Baltics in the field of innovations. The authors identify possible areas of cooperation and describe its mechanisms.
1. Zverev, Yu. М., Batorshina, I. А., Megem, М. Ye. 2011, Nauchnotehnologicheskoe razvitie Litvy i perspektivy ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
....pdf?MOD=AJPERES (accessed 23.12.2013).
2. Ukaz Prezidenta Rossijskoj Federacii ot 4 ijunja 2008 g. № 889 «O nekotoryh merah po povysheniju jenergeticheskoj i jekologicheskoj jeffektivnosti rossijskoj jekonomiki» [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated June 4, 2008 № 889 «On measures to improve energy and environmental efficiency of the Russian
economy»], 2008, Reference and consultation system «Consultant Plus».
3. Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 13 nojabrja ...
The changing role of border regions in the regional policies of the EU and Russia
... better coordination between different areas of the federal socio-economic policy on border regions and closer attention to border regions’ foreign economic ties, particularly, within the implementation of the Strategy for the Spatial Development of the Russian Federation.
Kuznetsov A. V., Kuznetsova О. V.
border regions, coastal regions, regional policy, EU, Russia, Euroregions, cross-border cooperation, spatial development strategy
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... of migrant workers in the CIS. Another focus is the restriction and support measures and how they have affected migrants. A range of qualitative and quantitative data was collated on the situation of migrant workers during Covid-19 restriction in the Russian Federation and across the CIS. The findings suggest that the lack of international coordination in tackling Covid-19 has complicated the situation of migrant workers, who suffer from the closure of borders and the absence of adequate social support. The ...
Governor elections: An analysis of the federal and regional legislations
This article considers the improvement of the federal legislation on elections of the highest official of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation. The author analyses the legislation of the Kaliningrad region regulating the election of the governor of the Kaliningrad region. An analysis performed helps formulate certain recommendations on the improvement of the current federal and regional ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... — FAIS, available at: http://www.fais-rfs.ru/cabinet/tasks/regions/operatorcoverage.aspx (accessed 09.01.2015).
45. Tutu.ru: air and railway tickets online, available at: www.tutu.ru (accessed 09.04.2015).
46. The Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, available at: www.mcx.ru/documents/file_document (accessed 09.03.2015).
Romanova E., Vinogradova O., Frizina I.
socioeconomic space compression, communicative connectivity, economic development of territories, depopulation
Geopolitical transformation of the Kaliningrad oblast of the Russian Federation
..., of the barrier which helped the USSR to ensure the dependence of the Eastern Baltics and domination in Poland. After the Cold War, Kaliningrad Oblast, a territory of 15,000 square metres with a population of nearly one million people, owned by the Russian Federation and located the farthest to the West, although on the Baltic Sea, ashore became isolated from the motherland and turned into an exclave. Gradually the exclave found itself first at the crossroads of different security structures and later — ...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... po okazaniju sodejstvija dobrovol'nomu pereseleniju v Rossijskuju Federaciju sootechestvennikov, prozhivajushhih za rubezhom: prikaz
Minregiona Rossii ot 01.02.2013 № 33 [On Approval of the recommendations for the development of the program of the Russian Federation to assist the voluntary resettlement to the Russian Federation of compatriots living abroad: Order Ministry of Regional Development of Russia from 01.02.2013 № 33], 2013, Legal reference system "Consultant Plus", available at: www....
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
Signing the agreement on local border traffic (LBT) between the Republic of Poland and the Russian Federation was welcomed by experts as an important step towards the future visa-free regime between the European Union and the Russian Federation often discussed in the international dialogue. The three years of LBT mechanism have shown its practical ...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
This article considers the innovative component of the economies of Sweden, Finland, and the Noreth-western federal district (NWFD) of the Russian Federation. The authors present the results of a comparative analysis of research and technological potential of the regions and their administrativeterritorial units in terms of innovative activity development. For the first time, the index of integral ...
The facilitation of freedom of movement between Russia and the European Union: prospects and legal issues
... 21 May, p. 1—7.
3. Soobwenie press-sluzhby prezidenta RF ot 27.08.2002 g. o poslanijah prezidenta Rossii V. V. Putina predsedatelju Komissii Evropejskih soob-westv i glavam gosudarstvchlenov
Evrosojuza [The press service of the President of the Russian Federation of 27.08.2002, the Address of President of Russia Vladimir Putin, President of the Commission of the European Communities and the heads of the EU member states], Izdanie
Ministerstva inostrannyh del Rossijskoj Federacii [Publication of the ...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... 2011, Razvitie prigranichnogo sotrudnichestva — cel' i sovokupnost' zadach strategicheskogo razvitija Severo-Zapada Rossijskoj Federacii [Development of cross-border cooperation — a goal and a set of strategic objectives of the North-West of the Russian Federation], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no. 2, p. 3—9.
10. Lavrov: Litva «ne ochen' aktivna» v voprose bezvizovogo rezhima [Lavrov: Lithuania "not very active" in the issue of visa-free regime],...
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... framework of network approach in general.
1. Strategija innovacionnogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda: Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 8 dekabrja 2011 g. № 2227-r [The strategy of innovative development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020: Government of the Russian Federation from December 8, 2011 № 2227-r], 2011.
2. Gosudarstvennaja programma Rossijskoj Federacii «Razvitie nauki i tehnologij » na 2013-2020 gody: Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj ...
Current Issues in the Geodemographic Studies in Russia
... series], no. 5, p. 75—80.
8. Koncepcija demograficheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2015 goda. Odobrena rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 24 sentjabrja 2001 goda N 1270-r [Concept of Demographic Development of the Russian Federation for the period until 2015. Approved by the Federal Government on September 24, 2001 N 1270-p], available at: http://businesspravo.ru/docum/ documshow_
documid_21649.html (accessed: 01.09.2013).
9. Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2008, Geodemograficheskaja ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
This article analyzes the principles of spatial planning, which form the basis for this type of urban development in the countries of the European Union (EU) and in the Russian Federation. The following principles are considered and compared for both territories: 1) promotion of territorial cohesion through a more balanced social and economic development of regions and improved competitiveness; 2) encouragement of development ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
... 2011, La region de Kaliningrad, future “couloirs de developpement”, La Resurgence de la Russie? AGIR, no .45, Fevrier, p. 97—110.
17. Fedorov, G. 2014, The concept of geo-demographic situation and geodemographic typology of the subjects of the Russian Federation. In: Shimańska, D. and Środa-Muravska, (ed.) Bulletin of Geography., Socio-economic Series, no. 25, p. 101—114. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12775/BGSS.2014.032.
18. Fedorov, G., Korneevets, V., Zverev, Yu. 2011, Kaliningrad oblast of Russia ...
Assessment of the efficiency of Russian response to the implementation of US missile defence deployment concept in Europe
... depending on the implementation of the adopted missile defence concept by the USA. This research employs the structure-system method and the method of actualization. The authors outline both positive and negative consequences of such actions for the Russian Federation, the USA, eastern European countries and the neighbouring countries, including the Baltic Sea states. The practical significance of this study consists in the proposed and justified responses of the Russian Federation that may serve as a basis ...
Some issues of the notary certified transactions
... transactions notarization, their features and interaction between the court and the notary public regarding the certification of transactions are investigated. The article analyzes the main provisions of the Fundamentals of the legislation of the Russian Federation on notaries, the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, the Civil Procedure Code of the Russian Federation, makes some suggestions for improving the legislation.
Notarial certification of transactions is primary among other notarial acts; ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... relations, the region continues to interact with neighboring voivodeships, 2016, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available at:
(accessed 17.01.2017). (In Russ.)
3. Eururegion, 2016, The Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Klaipeda (the Republic of Lithuania), available at:
4. Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Poland on border ...
The problems of exemption from criminal liability for tax offences
This article explores some of the issues associated with the adoption of the Federal Law № 420-FZ of December 7, 2011 ‘On the Amendments to the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation and Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation’. It is noted that the effectiveness of rules pertaining to the exemption from criminal liability for tax offenses largely depends on the phrasing of the relevant articles of the Criminal ...