The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... SSSR [Economic and geographical situation of the seas of the USSR], Jekonomicheskaja geografija [Economic geography], Moscow.
23. Morskaja doktrina Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda (utv. Prezidentom RF 27.07.2001) [Maritime Doctrine of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020 (approved. President of the Russian Federation 27.07.2001)], 2001, Consultant Plus, available at: http://base.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=LAW;n=99415 (accessed 06.03.2014).
24. Nadtochy, G. L. ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... concern characteristics of the planning object; principles of delineating the borders of territories and water areas; and the authorities responsible for regulation. The use of marine space, its parts, and sea (water) is covered by a number of laws of the Russian Federation. However, a mechanism for marine planning has yet to be integrated into Russian legislation. The Strategy for the Development of Maritime Activities until 2030 sets the task of developing such mechanism. In this article we address key strategies ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... development of single-industry towns of Russia], Biblioteka mestnogo samoupravlenija [Library of local government], no. 54, Moscow, 224 p.
12. Manaeva, I. V. Podhody k gruppirovke monogorodov Rossijskoj Federacii [Approaches to grouping monocities Russian Federation], available at: http://srastvortseva.professorjournal.ru/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=a67ed1e2-e8b1-455d-8155-43a3c7739f35&groupId=992555 (accessed 20.10.2014).
13. Maslova, А. N. 2011, Monogoroda v Rossii: problemy i reshenija [Monotown ...
Regionalisation in Northern Europe and the Northern Dimension in Russian political discourse
... formation is a major concern for Russia, a country bordering sixteen states. In the early 2000s, the development of regions with Russian participation was at its height in northwestern Europe. Cross-border regions arise both naturally, stemming from various ... ... principle of depoliticised cooperation — Europe’s ‘new regionalism’. This article aims to evaluate the role of the ND in the federal and regional political discourse of 1997—2016, to determine its place among other cross-border cooperation projects,...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... public organization Ukrainian national-cultural autonomy "Our Fatherland" A. P. Kostyuk, manuscript, Kaliningrad.
16. Zimovina, Е. P. 2013, 27 November, Interview with the head of department of the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the Russian Federation in Kaliningrad V. P. Gorbatenko, chairman of the regional public organization of national-cultural autonomy "Kaliningrad fraternity Belarusians" S. M. Zezera and secretary of the M. P. Maystrova, manuscript, Kaliningrad.
Municipal Tax Autonomy under Conditions of Budget Federalism: Reform Experience in Italy and Russia
The article deals with the questions of the current legislative budget process of local autonomies in the Russian Federation and Italy. The current
budget process of an Italian autonomy is characterized by the growing role of municipal taxes and overall decline in public transfers. In the Russian Federation, municipal budgets depend crucially on the mechanism of ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
..., R. M. 1993, Goroda Rossii, XVIII — pervaya polovina XIX veka [Towns-plants of Russia, XVIII — first half of the XIX century], Ekaterinburg. (in Russ.)
16. On objects of cultural heritage (monuments of history and culture) of the peoples of the Russian Federation, 2002, June 25, No. 73-FZ. (in Russ.)
17. On the approval of the list of historical settlements. Order of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation of July 27, 2010, No. 418. (in Russ.)
18. List of settlements with the status of historic ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital to set the priorities of development of coastal zones taking into account the changes in the strategic situation in order to maintain the components of marine potential of the Russian Federation at the level of its national interests. The article aims to develop an indicator system of assessment of coastal zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic capacities of the ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... Orlenok, V. V. et al. (red.), 2002, Geograficheskiy atlas Kaliningradskoy oblasti [Geographical Atlas of the Kaliningrad Region], Kaliningrad, 276 p.
3. Gradostroitel'nyy kodeks Rossiyskoy Federatsii – Federal'nyy zakon RF [Town Planning Code of the Russian Federation – Federal Law of Russian Federation], 2004, №190-FZ ot 29.12.2004 (current version of 01.01.2014).
4. Dedkov, V. P., Fedorov, G. M. 2006, Prostranstvennoye, territorial'noye i landshaftnoye planirovaniye v Kaliningradskoy oblasti [Spatial,...
Exclavity as a challenge and a resource for foreign positioning of the Kaliningrad region
... The increased potential conflict around the Russian exclave in the Baltic slows down the convergence of regional interests in the socio-economic sphere with the interests of neighboring countries. Intensified relations with other regions of the Russian Federation could make up for the situation. In practice, such intensification is limited in nature, and results in some cooperation benefits in the short and medium term. While the Kaliningrad region is secured geopolitically by the military superiority ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... a tool of territory development as well as for the purpose of making efficient managerial decisions at different levels.
1. Klistorin, V. I. 2009, Rossijskij federalizm: regional'naja politika napravlennaja na podderzhku municipal'nyh obrazovanij [Russian Federalism: regional policy aimed at supporting municipalities], Region: ekonomika i sociologija [Region: Economics and Sociology], no. 3, p. 41—54.
2. Fedorov, G. M. (scient. ed.), 2012, [Research networking processes in the Baltic region], Region ...
The “Polish question” in Soviet-German relations in the second half of the 1920s (based on the materials of the USSR consulate in Königsberg)
On the basis of earlier unknown documents of the Soviet consulate in Königsberg retrieved from the Archive of the Foreign Policy of the Russian Federation, the author analyses relations between the USSR and Germany in 1925—1930. The author focuses on the role of the “Polish question”, which largely affected the nature of bilateral relations. The consulate documents indicate that Soviet ...
An Attempt to the economic and geographical analysis of the differentiation of the Russian Federation subjects on of the level and dynamics of the retail trade development
The level and dynamics of development of retail trade in the context of the subjects of the Russian Federation are highly differentiated. Differentiation is influenced both by the income level of the population and by other factors, since there is no functional dependence between per capita income and the volume of per capita retail trade. Even weaker ...
On the historical context of innovative development in Russia
... lost its position in the ranking of human development], 2011, Rambler-Novosti [Rambler-News], 5 November, available at: http://news. rambler. ru/11674697 (accessed 14 June 2012).
10. Putin, V. V. 2003, Annual Address to the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, President of Russia, 16 May, available at: http://archive. kremlin.ru/eng/ speeches/2003/05/16/0000_type70029type82912_44692.shtml (accessed 15 July 2012).
11. Grigoriev, L. М. 2004, V poiskah puti [Finding the way], Strategija Rossii [Russia's ...
Universities of the North-western federal district in Russian-Finnish research cooperation
This article focuses on the cooperation between universities of the North-western federal district (NWFD) of the Russian Federation, Sweden, and Finland, its intensity and territorial differentiation. The analysis was conducted on the basis of public domain information on the international activity of universities available on their official websites. The authors identify ...
Competitiveness of the Economies of Border Regions
The article is dedicated to the problem of competitiveness of border regions as subjects of the Russian Federation having specific characteristics. The authors focus on the stages, during which border regions build their competitiveness, as well as analyse certain indices characterizing it. They examine the role of these regions in the development of international ...
Workers’ settlements in the Kaliningrad region and their subsequent renaming in 1946—1947
Part of East Prussia was ceded to the Soviet Union after the defeat of Nazi Germany. As a result, the local toponymy changed completely. The author analyses the documents from the State Archive of the Russian Federation, the Russian State Archives of Socio- Political History, and the State Archive of the Kaliningrad Region to trace the Russianisation of German toponyms. The decision to establish workers’ settlements in the Kaliningrad region was discussed ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Pravitel'stva RF ot 8 dekabrja 2010 g. № 2205-r «O Strategii razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030 goda» [RF Government Order dated December 8, 2010 № 2205-r "On the Strategy of development of maritime activities of the Russian Federation until 2030", available at: goverment. ru/gov/results/13458/ (accessed 13 February 2012).
31. Samarskij, А. А., Mikhailov, А. P. 2005, Matematicheskoe modelirovanie [Mathematic modeling], Moscow, Fizmatlit, 320 p.
32. Skorokhodova, ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... regiona [The region's economy], no. 4, p. 166—180.
6. Gosudarstvennyj doklad Minprirody Rossii "O sostojanii i ob ohrane okruzhajushhej sredy Rossijskoj Federacii v 2011 godu" [State report Ministry of Russia "On the state and the Russian Federation Environmental Protection in 2011"], 2011.
7. Gosudarstvennyj doklad Minprirody RF "O sostojanii i ob ohrane okruzhajushhej sredy Rossijskoj Federacii v 2007 godu" [The report of the State Ministry of Natural Resources of the ...
Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives
Russia has a vested political interest in the Eastern Baltics; yet acting upon this interest is made either difficult or altogether impossible when it comes to the Baltic States. For 20 years, the Russian Federation has been actively promoting a model of mutually beneficial co-operation. The anti-Russian discourse of the Baltic States' political elites — driven by their own wish to maintain their political monopoly — halts most of co-operation efforts....
Matrix Representation of the Kaliningrad Regional Accounts System: Experimental Development and Modelling Prospects
... Federal State Statistics Service, available at: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/vvp/metod.htm (accessed 30.11.2014).
14. Informacija ob ispolnenii bjudzhetov sub#ektov RF i mestnyh bjudzhetov [Information on execution of budgets of subjects of the Russian Federation and local
budgets], The official website of the Treasury Russia, available at: http://www.roskazna.ru/byudzhetov-subektov-rf-i-mestnykh-byudzhetov/ (accessed 07.11.2014).
15. Buhgalterskij uchet. Nalogooblozhenie. Audit [Accounting. Taxation....
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... timely implementation of such projects
1. Strategija razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030goda,utverzhdena Rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva RF ot 8 dekabrja 2010 g. № 2205-r
[Strategy of development of maritime activities of the Russian Federation to 2030goda, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated
December 8, 2010 № 2205-r], 2010, Moscow.
2. Transportnaja strategija Rossii na period do 2030g, utverzhdena Rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva RF ot 22 nojabrja ...
Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia-EU Relations
This article sets out to analyse the Polish-Russian agreement on small border traffic in the context of relations between the European Union and the Russian Federation. The analysis focuses on the role of the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation in relations between the EU and Russia and conditions of the Polish-Russian agreement on small border traffic. The methodology employed is based on analysing ...
Russian-German research and academic cooperation in the Arctic
This article is dedicated to the stages of development of international research cooperation in the framework of research and education projects focusing on the study of marine and polar territories of the Russian Federation and the Federative Republic of Germany. The largest and most stable projects are the establishment of the Russian-German laboratory of polar and marine research named after the Russian polar explorer of German origin, Otto Schmidt, — OSL ...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
1. Gutnik, A. P., Klemeshev, А. P. (eds.), 2006, Baltijskij region kak poljus jekonomicheskoj integracii Severo-Zapada Rossijskoj Federacii i Evropejskogo sojuza [The Baltic region as a pole of economic integration of the North-West of the Russian Federation and the European Union], Kaliningrad, 392 p.
2. Vasilyeva, N. A., Kosov, Yu. V. 2015, Evrazijskij region: dialektika sovremennogo razvitija [Eurasian region: the dialectic of modern development], Evrazijskaja integracija: jekonomika, pravo,...
Human rights in EU-Russia relations: a human rights mechanism
This article considers the human rights issues in relations between the Russian Federation and the European Union in the context of formal agreements and real policy from 1994 to the beginning of 2013. The EU regards human rights as fundamental values, which serve as the basis for its foreign relations. Russia tends to consider this ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... and technological cooperation in the Baltic region is emphasised as a priority area.
1. Koncepcija ustojchivogo razvitija sel'skih territorij Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda [The concept of sustainable development in rural areas of the Russian Federation until 2020], Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 30 nojabrja 2010 g. № 2136-r [Order of the Government of the Russian Federation on November 30, 2010 № 2136-r].
2. Ob utverzhdenii Doktriny prodovol'stvennoj bezopasnosti ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... sustainable development.
1. Federal'nyj zakon ot 06.10.2003 № 131-FZ «Ob obshhih principah organizacii mestnogo samoupravlenija v Ros-sijskoj Federacii» [Federal Law of 06.10.2003 № 131-FZ
«On General Principles of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation»].
2. Zakon Kaliningradskoj oblasti ot 01.07.2009 g. № 370 «O sostave territorij municipal'nyh obrazovanij Kaliningradskoj oblasti» [Law of 01.07.2009 № 370 «On the composition of municipalities of the Kaliningrad region»].
On the establishment and early activity of the Soviet consulate in Königsberg (1923—1925)
... Vol, 1, Moscow.
16. Postanovlenie ob oplate truda rabotnikov v uchrezhdenijah SSSR za granicej [Decision on remuneration of employees in establishments USSR abroad], 1924, Moscow.
17. Gosudarstvennyj arhiv Rossijskoj Federacii [State Archives of the Russian Federation], F. R 5446, Op. 5, D. 235, L. 37.
18. Arhiv vneshnej politiki Rossijskoj Federacii [Archive of Foreign Policy of the Russian Federation], F. 0165, Op. 5, P. 126, D. 159.
19. Russko-germanskij konflikt (K obyskam i arestam v Sovetskom Torgpredstve) ...
Cross-border Tourism in the Russian Northwest: General Trends and Features of Development
As a result of the socioeconomic transformations in the Russian Federation, the openness of border regions under the influence of integration process taking place in the world community facilitates tourist mobility between neighbouring countries. The author describes an approach that considers the border regions of ...
The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence
In the 21st century, the World Ocean is becoming a key factor in global socio-economic dynamics and a geoeconomic and geopolitical priority of many countries. The Russian Federation, whose economy, infrastructure, and settlement system have been gravitating towards the sea since the late 1990s, is no exception. This article aims to identify and provide a conceptual framework for the phenomenon of Russia’s coastal borderlands ...
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... Leiden, Martinus Nihoff Publishers.
5. Council of the European Union. 1997, Decision of 30 October 1997 on the Conclusion of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement between the European Communities and its Member States, on the one part, and the Russian Federation, on
the other part, OJ L, no. 327, 28 November 1997.
6. Council of the European Union. 1999, Common strategy of the European Union on Russia, Brussels, 4 June 1999, 1999/414/CFSP, OJ L/157.
7. Council of the European Union. 2003, Regulation ...
International Scientific Conference “Kant and Solovyov: Convergences and Divergences”
November 15—16, 2018
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad, Russia
The Academia Kantiana at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University organizes a series of conferences on the theme of “Immanuel Kant and Russian Philosophers: Convergences and Divergences.” The first conference, co-organized with the Department of the History of Russian Philosophy, Faculty of Philosophy, Lomonosov Moscow State University, is devoted to the reception and criticism of ...
On the relation between spatial concepts, strategic and territorial planning in the Russian Federation in the context of the development of the Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon region
Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon is a trans-border (it includes border territory of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Poland), maritime (combines a water body, and a land area) territorial system, which requires a special attitude to coordination between between the concepts of spatial, territorial and strategic planning. The article studies ...
Evolution of International Research Cooperation models in the Contemporary Foreign Policy Environment
... characterized by different (non-linear) time cycles resulting from the differences in cultural and historical backgrounds and dissimilar foreign policy contents and formats. Through comparing a variety of foreign policy approaches (including that of the Russian Federation), the author answers the question about the contribution of universities to the development of mechanisms of cooperation and mutual understanding in the modern world — a world increasingly influenced by information and communication technologies....
Semi-Medium-Sized cities of North-West Russia as drivers for regional development
The article discusses the semi-medium-sized cities (with a population from 20 to 50 thousand people) and their functions in five regions of the North-West Federal District of the Russian Federation; the socio-economic areas formed by the semi-medium-sized cities are clearly represented. As an example, five semi-medium-sized cities of the Kaliningrad region are considered, the role of each city in regional development and regional settlement ...
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
..., V. A. 2006, Integral'naja ocenka innovacionnogo potenciala regionov Rossii [Integral assessment of innovation potential of Russian regions], Region: ekonomika i sociologija [Region: Economics and Sociology],
no. 2, p. 134—145.
2. Voloshenko, K. Ju.... ... sbornik [Science and Innovation in the Kaliningrad region. Statistical Compendium], 2011 Kaliningrad, Territorial'nyj organ Federal'noj sluzhby gosudarstvennoj statistiki po Kaliningradskoj
oblasti, 40 p.
7. Nauchnye issledovanija i innovacii Kaliningradskoj ...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... of achieving the learning objectives of these master programmes depending on the students’ language skills and their basic knowledge of ecology and nature management.
1. Message of the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on November 30, 2010, 2010, Rossijskaya gazeta, no. 271, 01.12. 2010. (In Russ.)
2. Alekseev, S. V., Aleksandrova, N. M., Andreeva, N. D., Arapov, P. P., Movchan, V. N. etc. 1998, Konceptual'nye podhody k razvitiyu Municipal'noj sistemy nepreryvnogo ...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
The Northwestern Federal District is a Russian macro-region that is a unique example of a model region. It accounts for 10 % of the country’s total area and 9.5 % of its population. This article aims to trace the patterns of city distribution across the region, to assess the conditions of ...
The research and technology development in Lithuania and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation
... principal lines of innovation policy and strategy. The article presents the results of a SWOT analysis of Lithuanian innovation development and describes the possible fields and mechanisms of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation.
1. Litva stanet proizvoditelem solnechnyh batarej. 2010. Jelektrovesti, 28 nojabrja.[online] Available at: < http://elektrovesti. net/4054_litva-stanet-proizvoditelemsolnechnykh-batarey> (Accessed 31 January 2011).
2. Oficial'nyj ...
Lexical explicators of the modality of necessity in the Old and New Testament (the Synodal translation into Russian)
... russkom yazyke (XI-XVII vv.) [Evolution of means of expression of modality in the Russian language (XI-XVII centuries)]. Leningrad (in Russ.).
Ivanova, N.A., 2015. Incentive modality as a mechanism of formation of universal values (on the material of Russian and English translations of biblical idioms). Vestnik Baltijskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta. Seriya: Filologiya, pedagogika, psihologiya [Bulletin of the I. Kant Baltic Federal University. Series: Philology, Pedagogy, Psychology], 2, pp. 133-139 (in Russ.).
Ozhegov, S.I., Shvedova, N.U., eds, 2006. Tolkovyj ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
.... M., Zverev, Yu. M. 1995, Kaliningradskie al'ternativy [Kaliningrad alternatives], Kaliningrad.
25. Metodologicheskie polozhenija po statistike [Methodological Guidelines on Statistics], 1996—2006, no. 1—5, Federal State Statistics Service of Russian Federation, available at: http://www.gks.ru/bgd/free/B99_10/Main.htm (accessed 24.11.2013).
26. Metodologicheskie issledovanija. Rukovodstvo po nacional'nym schetam [Methodological research. Handbook of National Accounting], 2006. In: Nacional'nye scheta: ...
Organisation of scientific research in Germany
... [Innovation potential of Russia: Present and Future], Institut sociologii Rossijskoj akademii nauk [Institute of Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences], available at:
http://www.isras.ru/blog_modern_3.html (accessed 14 May 2012).
2. Velikolepnaja devjatka ... ....org/en/academy/organisation/classes.html (accessed 17 January 2012).
6. Excellence Initiative at a Glance: The Programme by the German Federal and State Governments To Promote Top-level Research at Universities, 2011, Bonn, Brandt GmbH Druckerei und Verlag, 108 ...
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
This article focuses on the dialogue between the Russian Federation and the European Union based on “common values” (legal sphere and the rule of law), which form the framework for the EU-Russia “common spaces” — on the economy, freedom, security and justice, as well as in the field of research and ...
The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
...? (change of the social situation and the problems of geography], Geograficheskij vestnik [Geographic Vestnik], no. 1—2, p. 5—9.
13. Druzhinin, А. G. 2008, Rossijskaja obshhestvennaja geografija nachala XXI veka: starye problemy, novye vyzovy [Russian social geography of the beginning of the XXI century: old problems, new challenges], Jekonomiko-geograficheskij vestnik Juzhnogo federal'nogo universiteta [Economic and geographic Vestnik Southern Federal University], no. 5, p. 3—9.
14. Druzhinin, А. G., Streletsky, V. N. (eds.), 2014, Fenomen kul'tury v rossijskoj obshhestvennoj geografii: jekspertnye mnenija, analitika, koncepty ...
The External Economic Factor in the Development of Northwestern Regions: Institutional Support and an Impact Assessment
... analysis shows that the Northwestern regions’ external and internal economic development is interdependent and there is considerable support for international cooperation at different levels and in different areas. To a degree, this is explained by the federal district’s geographical position and transport connections, the ‘Nordic’ character of the economy shared by the Russian and neighbouring territories, and the multi-tier nature of the institutional framework for international economic cooperation in the international region.
Andreeva E. L., Ratner A. V., Myslyakova Y. G., Glukhikh P. L.
external economic ...