National monetary policy and the role of banks in increasing its efficiency
This study aims to explore the relationship between credit institutions and the Bank of Russia in implementing the national monetary policy. Another aim is to identify the goals and objectives of the national monetary policy, as well as the means and ways to attain them. The methodology relies on both general scientific principles ...
Customer lending in Russia: Legal regulation and insurance
This article deals with the legal regulation, development, and mechanism of consumer loan insurance in Russia. The author presents statistical data of the Central Bank of Russia and identifies the current "bottlenecks" of the banking services market
1. Банковское кредитование : учебник / под ред. А. М. Тавасиева. М., 2012.
2. Банковское дело : учебник....
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... Investment Abroad: Main Motivations in the Post-Soviet Period, Transnational Corporations, Vol.7, no. 1, p. 69-82.
6. Russian Federation: Outward Foreign Direct Investment Positions by Instruments and Geographical Allocation in 2009-2013, 2007, Central Bank of Russia, available at: http://www.cbr.ru/eng/statistics/ (accessed 15.03.2015).
7. The World Factbook, 2015, available at: https://www.cia.gov/library/ publications/the-world-factbook/ (accessed 15.03.2015).
8. Vneshnjaja torgovlja Rossijskoj Federacii ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
With its exclave status, the Kaliningrad region has been drawing attention of many researchers in different fields. Yet the prospects for cooperation between the ... ... public opinion. In this light, integration between the Kaliningrad region and mainland Russia is seen not only as an economic, but also as a sociocultural objective. An analysis... ....asp?SubjectCode=S3&PLanguage=1&ShowNews=OFF (accessed 16 August 2013).
2. Local Data Bank, 2013, Central Statistical Office of Poland, available at: http://www.stat.gov...
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
... overview/History/51412.html (accessed 04.03.2015).
8. SMP Bank, available at: http://smpbank. bank. ru/ (accessed 03.03.2015).
9. Volkov, A. M. 2014, Transformacija shvedskoj modeli... ... Economics], no. 7, p. 39—48.
10. Kulik, S. 2013, Rossija v Baltijskom labirinte [Russia in the Baltic maze], Moscow, p. 215.
11. OP-Pohjola Group, available at: https://www... ... osobennosti sovremennogo jetapa razvitija. God planety [The Baltic countries: features of the present stage of development. Year of the Planet], Moscow, p. 480.
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... stocks, OECD Factbook 2010: Economic Environmental and Social Statistics, available at:
. (accessed 13.02.2017).
3. Foreign Currency Market, Central Bank of Russia, available at:
4. Foreign direct investment, UNCTADstat, available at:
5. Average annual Brent ...
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
For many years, the Baltic Sea region stood out for its remarkable stability. The dramatic changes following the end of the Cold War did not have a profound effect on the territory. However, Russia's cooperation with other states in the Baltic Sea region began to lose momentum. This paper discusses the negative effects ... ... Armed Forces in Europe and in related International Treaties”], 2007, Kremlin.ru, available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/25785 (accessed 21.01.2016).
3. Koncepcija vneshnej politiki Rossijskoj Federacii, 2013. Utverzhdena Pre-zidentom Rossijskoj ...
The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region
... environments in the BSR and individual countries within the region. Firstly, some definitions of innovations, innovation drivers, and characteristics of a favourable innovation environment... ... (accessed 9 July 2012).
5. Federal State Statistics Service of Russian Federation 2011,Russia in figures— 2011, available at: http://www.gks.ru/bgd/regl/b11_12/Main.htm... ... at: http://www.ibr.hi.is/sites/files/ibr/out.pdf (accessed 9 July 2012).
16. World Bank 2011, Key Variables, available at: http://go.worldbank.org/9PM78XYUU0 (accessed...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
Regardless of the geography of regions, management at the regional level, both in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries, faces many challenges. Hence, it is necessary to search for new effective economic management ... ....org/english/res_e/booksp_e/aid4tradeglobalvalue13_e.pdf
25. Global Value Chains in a Postcrisis World: A Development Perspective. World Bank. Washington, D. C. World Bank, 2014, available at:
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
This article develops a methodology for studying the geography of companies — an area of human geography that remains understudied in Russia. The authors refer to foreign direct investment (FDI) studies to stress the importance of analysing individual transnational ... ... is paid to FDI statistics, including international statistics provided by IMF, OECD, and UNCTAD, the official data of central banks on FDI destinations, and information on companies’ assets by geographical segments. The article emphasises limitations ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
During the last 25 years, the economy of the Baltic States has been developing in the conditions of sovereignty, both de facto ... ... success or failures of their economies contribute to a more accurate assessment of Russia’s development. On the other hand, it is the second decade of the Baltic States’... ... Dombrovskis, V. 2011, How Latvia Came Through the Financial Crisis, Peterson Institute.
19. Bank: jekonomika JeR v grjadushhem godu vyrastet na 1,8% [Bank: Economy of Estonia in...
Empirical results on Russian companies' innovation activity
... national innovation system in Russia. The objective of the study was to examine innovation activity and innovation performance in Russia, as well as to identify the priorities of the government’s policy for promoting innovation.
1. Bauman Innovejshn. [online] Available at: <http://info. worldbank.org/etools/docs / library/235397/ prazdnichnykh-ru. pdf> (Accessed 8 February 2011).
2. Vsemirnyj bank. [online] Available at: <http://www. worldbank. org> (Accessed 8 February 2011).
3. Institut statistiki JuNESKO....
Tools for evaluating the competitiveness of innovative clusters
Federal programmes to support regional clusters in Russia were introduced several years ago. Today, they need updating and revision. A ... ... point for effective support for hi-tech and innovative clusters may be an evaluation of cluster performance aimed to understand whether further development and financing... ... analyses the case of the Silicon Saxony innovation cluster (Germany), using the World Bank’s methodology for cluster competitiveness evaluation. Each analysis tool is provided...
The EU Vs. Russia: Legal Nature and Implementation of the Union’s Restrictive Measures
The author proposes his take on the EU sanctions against Russia. He aims to understand the legal nature of the EU restrictions, the exact procedure of their implementation, revision, and repeal, as well as their judicial review. To ... ...?uri=CELEX:61962CJ0025 (accessed 22.09.2014).
12. Case T-496/10, 2013, Judgment of the General Court (Fourth Chamber) of 29 January 2013, Bank Mellat v Council of the European Union, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/SUM/?uri=CELEX:62010TJ0496&qid=1416228906371 ...
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
The article describes the process and results of the geopolitical and geoeconomic changes in the Baltic Sea region at the turn of ... ... Estonia), and the same two countries, Sweden and Finland, remain outside the bloc. Russia, the legal successor of the USSR, is neither a NATO, nor an EU member. The authors... ... 2016, London, The International Institute for Strategic Studies, 501 p.
27. The World Bank, available at:
28. The World...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
... (accessed 1 June 2013).
10. Convergence report June 2013, 2012, European Central Bank, available at: http://www.ebrd.com (accessed 20 April 2013).
11. Krugman, P.... ... altar' evrozony. Latvija preodolela jekonomicheskij krizis dorogoj cenoj [On the altar of the eurozone. Latvia has overcome the economic crisis dearly], available at: http://lenta... ... torgovlja Rossii s jetimi stranami [The economic situation in the Baltic countries and Russia's foreign trade with these countries], Moscow, Market Economy Institute of the...
The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... Central Baltic region, SmartComp Research Report, no. 2.
2. Andrésen, A., Laaksonen, E., Mäkinen, H. 2012, The Finnish maritime cluster, Maritime cluster analysis on the Central Baltic region, SmartComp Research Report, no. 1, December 2012.
3. Bank of Finland 2012. Russia wants to quintuple its shipbuilding output by 2030, 2012, BOFIT Weekly, no. 46, November 16.
4. Bathelt, H., Malmberg, A., Maskell, P. 2004, Clusters and knowledge: local buzz, global pipelines and the process of knowledge creation, Progress in ...
Investment attractiveness of Russian enterprises from the perpsective of transnational corporations
There are a number of stereotypes regarding the investment attractiveness of Russian enterprises. Local companies often do not see any development prospects in Russia and complain at the unsatisfactory local institutional environment. However, the activity of multinational corporations ... ....com/cms/s/0/41614d66-bd1e-11e0-9d5d-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1iZoXdnif (дата обращения: 21.12.2011).
17. The World Bank. Doing Business ranking. 2011. URL: http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings (дата обращения: 05.01.2012).
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union in international trade, Europe and Central Asia reports, Washington, D.C., World Bank Group, available at:
http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/713901468252863858/From-disintegration-to-reintegration-Ea.... ... А. А., Kuzyk, М. G., Daniltsev, А. V., Glazatova, М. К., Averyanova, Y. V. 2020, Rossiya v global’nom proizvodstve [Russia in Global Production]. In: XXI April International Scientific Conference on the Development of Economy and Society, HSE Publishing House, p. 1—147 (In Russ.).
27. Sineviciene, L., Krusinskas, R. 2018, How Dependent Are ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... regulations and the development of the middle class in Russia. Due to its specific features, cooperation in the Baltic Sea region becomes a locomotive of the Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation, and, as a result, is capable of changing the quality of relations between the partners.
1. Energy Efficiency in Russia: Untapped Reserves, 2013, World Bank Group, no date, p. 5, available at: http://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/de1e58804aababd79797d79e0dc67fc6/IFC+EE+in+Russia+Untapped+Potential.pdf?MOD=AJPERES (accessed 23.12.2013).
2. Ukaz Prezidenta Rossijskoj Federacii ot 4 ijunja 2008 g. № 889 ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
1. Voloshenko, K.Yu. 2012, Metodicheskie osnovy sravnitel'noj ocenki nauchno-tehnicheskogo potenciala Rossii i ES: regional'nyj i mezhdunarodnyj aspekty [The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of scientific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects], Balt. reg., no. 4(14), p. 22—38. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-4-2.
2. The World Bank, available at: http://data.worldbank.org (accessed 10 January 2013).
3. Evropejskie stipendii i granty: katalog po stipendijam i grantam, predostavljaemym studentam, magistrantam, doktorantam, i uchenym Evropejskim sojuzom i stranami ES. 2012—2013 ...
Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States
The relevance of the study lies in the acute need to modernise the tools for a more accurate and comparable ... ... social'no-demograficheskie processy v Rossii [Health and socio-demographic processes in Russia], Мoscow, p. 157—172.
3. Ermakov, S. P., Shmakov, N. A. 2011, Vzaimosvjaz'... ... http://esa.un.org/wpp/ 2010 (accessed: 01.02.2014).
12. Statistical resources of the World Bank, available at: http://data.worldbank.org/ (accessed: 01.02.2014).
Sluka N., Ivanov...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
Marine spatial planning has been widely applied in the leading maritime countries. However, it is not so common in Russia, since the relevant legal framework is largely absent. Spatial planning shares a number of features with marine planning, especially when it comes to the tools, principles, and methods. The differences mainly concern ... ...
19. Zaucha, Ja., Matczak, M. 2011, BaltSeaPlan Report 10 — Developing a Pilot Maritime Spatial Plan for the Southern Middle Bank, Gdańsk.
20. Käppeler, B., Toben, S. 2012, Grazyna Chmura, Stanislaw Walkowicz, Nico Nolte, Petra Schmidt, Jochen Lamp,...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
This study responds to the need for measures to mitigate the effects of national actions to slow the spread of Covid-19. National responses are dynamic processes ... ... ekonomiko-sotsiologicheskoe issledovanie [Modeling labor migration flows from Central Asian countries to Russia: economic and sociological research], Moscow, 189 p. (in Russ.).
3. Wagner, V... ..., Potential responses to the COVID-19 outbreak in support of migrant workers, World Bank Group. “Living Paper”, Version 10, June 19, available at:
Modern marketing practices: a preliminary comparative analysis of studies in developed and developing countries
This paper proposes a scheme for a preliminary comparative analysis of results obtained in studying different countries that participated in the “Contemporary ... .... 161—171.
8. Kallol D. Contemporary Marketing Practices (CMP) in Indian Retail Banking //Journal of Marketing & Communication. 2009. Vol. 5, iss. 1. P. 20—39.
... ... 1995. Vol. 4, № 4. P. 397—418.
18. Wagner R. Contemporary marketing practices in Russia // European Journal of Marketing. 2005. Vol. 39, № 1/2. P. 199—215.
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
This article analyses certain issues of implementation of Russian energy policy in the Baltic region fr om the geoeconomic ... ... resources]. no. 2.
2. Lachininskii, S. S. 2012, Current trends in geoeconomic studies in Russia,Regional Research of Russia, Vol 2, Pleiades Publishing Ltd, p. 80—86, available... .... [The order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1353-r of 25.09.2009], Bank dannyh «Normativnye dokumenty Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii» [Database «Regulations...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... for 2012],
2013, Statistical Bulletin, Kaliningrad.
32. Osnovnye proizvodnye pokazateli dinamiki obmennogo kursa rublja v janvare — dekabre 2011 goda [Basic derived indicators of ruble exchange rate in January— December 2011], 2012, Central Bank of Russia, available at: http://www.cbr.ru/
statistics/print.aspx?file=credit_statistics/ex_rate_ind_11.htm&pid=svs&sid=analit (accessed 24.11.2013).
Gareev T. R., Yeliseeva N. A.
exclave, Kaliningrad region, special economic zone, export, import, interregional ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... 2007—2013, available at:
(accessed 20.01.2017). (In Russ.)
22. Federal Law of 04.01.1999 No. 4-FZ On the Coordination of International and Foreign Economic Relations of Subjects of the Russian Federation, 1999, President of Russia, available at:
(accessed 01.2017). (In Russ.)
23. The federal portal of draft normative legal acts, the official website for posting information on the preparation by federal executive bodies of draft normative legal acts and the results of their public discussion,...
Matrix Representation of the Kaliningrad Regional Accounts System: Experimental Development and Modelling Prospects
This article addresses the task of creating a regional Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) in the Kaliningrad region. Analyzing ... ... ucheta dlja regionov Rossii [Social Accounting Matrix for the Russian regions], World Bank, available at: http://econ.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/EXTDEC/ EXTRESEARCH (accessed... ... Rossii [Development of Regional Economic Accounts and Macroeconomic measurements in Russia], Moscow.
12. Tatarinov, A. 2005, Subnacional'nye scheta: problemy razrabotki...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... cross-border territory of Asian Russia and neighboring countries (issues and preconditions for sustainable development)], Novosibirsk, 610 p.
16. Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo regionov Rossii, Belarusi i Ukrainy [Cross-border cooperation of regions of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine], 2013, Center for Integration Studies, Eurasian Development Bank, 100 p., available at: http://www.eabr.org/ general//upload/CII%20-%20izdania/Proekti%20i%20dokladi/Prigranichnoe%20sotrudnichestvo/doklad_17_ru_preview.pdf (accessed 12.05.2015).
17. Danilushkina, T. 2014, Promedlenie s zapuskom prigranichnogo ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... wobec wyzwania transformacyjnego.Gdańsk, 2006.
6. Bauls A. Changes in the migration of the population in Latvia over 1991— 1996 // Ruchliwość przestrzenna ludności... ... //Vestnik Analityki. 2004. N 3(17). P. 4—24.
9. Cockerham W. C. Health lifestyles in Russia // Social Science & Medicine.2000. № 51. P. 1313—1324.
10. Europa Wschodnia... ... 2001. № 53. P. 1653—1666.
12. Dubauskas G. Euro Atlantic Integration and Foreign Banks in Transitional Economies // Tiltai. 2003. № 4 (25). P. 13—22.
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
The agricultural land dynamics is one of the central issues of land use in Europe and Russia. Each historical period is characterized by its own model of agricultural land use. The analysis of its dynamics in the ... .... P. 191—221. doi: 10.1177/096977649500200301.
40. World Development Report 2009: Reshaping Economic Geography / The World Bank. Washington, 2009. doi: 10.1596/978-0-8213-7640-9.
41. Watts D. J. The «New» Science of Networks // Annual Review of Sociology....