The boundaries of the territorial community
32. Adner R. Match your innovation strategy to your innovation ecosystem // Harvard Business Review. 2006. № 84. P. 98—110.
33. Amin A., Thrift N. Globalization, institutional ’thickness’ and the local economy // Managing Cities: The New Urban Context / ed. by P. Healey, S. Cameron, S. Davoudi [et al.]. Chichester, 1995. P. 92—108.
34. Antonelli C. Collective knowledge communication and innovation: the evidence of technological districts // Regional Studies. 2000. № 34. P. 535—547.
35. Asheim B. T. Industrial districts as ‘learning regions’: A condition for prosperity // European Planning Studies. 1996. № 4. P. 379—400.
36. Asheim B. T. Industrial districts, inter-firm ...
Urban planning of Russian urban districts: Practices, problems, solutions
... География городов. М., 1997.
12. Хореев Б. С. Проблемы городов (Урбанизация и единая система расселения в СССР). М., 1975.
Chistobayev A., Visleneva O.
urban development, urban district, agglomeration, spatial planning, urban design.
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
... important result of the research is a methodology for multi-lev-a el analysis of changes in the urban environment of post-socialist cities. Data from post-1991 national censuses and population registers are used to calculate measures of social well-being in urban districts as well as to identify territorial imbalances. Compar-ative analysis makes it possible to trace the spatial patterns of post-Soviet differentiation and set out guidelines for further research in the area.
Zhitin, D. V., Sechi, G., Krisjane,...
The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s
This article analyses population changes in North-West regions of Russia (the former North-Western economic zone and the Kaliningrad region) and the Baltics at the level of urban districts and municipalities. The cohort component method is used to analyze the youth population dynamics in the administrative territorial units of this level, which makes it possible to estimate the international (intraregional) migration of this population ...
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... population distribution systems and the demographic trends in regional development. It is suggested in the paper that the overcoming of spatial heterogeneity should be considered at the regional level from the perspective of improving the stability of district population distribution systems and strengthening organisational and economic ties between urban and rural areas. The author issues a number of recommendations for overcoming the spatial differentiation and ensuring a balanced development of district population distribution systems.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija....
Problems of the development of pre-agglomeration (semiperipheral) municipalities on the example of the Gvardeysk urban district
... solutions. Based on the analysis of statistical data, documents of strategic planning of municipalities, as well as programs for the integrated development of transport infrastructure at the level of the Kaliningrad city agglomeration and the Gvardeysk urban district,the author justifies proposals on the formation of a contractual model for inter-municipal cooperation and modernization of the system of inter-municipal strategic planning through integrated sectoral and infrastructure programs.
1. Белова ...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... economic specialisation of northwestern cities. The migration behaviour of the population and the geoeconomic position are shown to be the main indicators of the sustainable development of a city.
Anokhin A. A., Shelest K. D., Tikhonova M. A.
cities, urban population, Northwestern Federal District, city classification, population, city sustainability
Spatio-temporal patterns of knowledge transfer in the borderland
... key competitive advantage of a contemporary economy, knowledge, is distributed unevenly, tending to concentrate in cities and urban agglomerations. A border position translates into distinctive features of regional innovative development. In a favourable ... ... Russia’s northwestern regions and the countries that their border. The study covers six territories of the Northwestern federal district (the Republic of Karelia, St Petersburg, and the Kaliningrad, Leningrad, Murmansk, and Pskov regions); five regions of ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... «Saratov» 2005, Vzaimodejstvie gorodskih i sel'skih mestnostej v regional'nom razvitii [«Saratov» 2005
Interaction of urban and rural areas in regional development], Moscow, p. 4—23.
14. Patsiorkovsky, V. V. 2010, Sel'sko-gorodskaja Rossija ... ... at: soc.duke.edu/resources/sinet.papers06,Spellerberg.pdf (accessed 09.12.2013).
Romanova E. A., Vinogradova O. L.
rural districts, geodemographic situation, social wellbeing
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
... criminalistic policy in this area? In: Naukovi pratsi Natsionanogo Universitetu [Naukovi praci Natsionalnogo University], T. XIX, Odessa, p. 326—335. (in Ukr.)
23. Amber was not allowed to go to Poland, 2016, the Administration of the Bagrationovsky urban district, available at:
(accessed 10.10.2017). (in Russ.)
24. EAOmedia Information Agency, 2016, available at:
news/496174/ (accessed 10.10.2017). (in Russ.)
25. Erichson, U., ...
Economic and demographic distinctions between municipal districts of the Kaliningrad region
... high employment and low unemployment rates. The demand for labour force is partially satisfied through high net migration rate. However, there are obvious distinctions between municipalities. Having analyzed the statistical data on the situation in urban districts, the authors identified territorial differences, influencing the economic and demographic situation in municipalities of different types. It is shown that peripheral eastern municipalities lag behind the western part of the region, where ...
Semi-Medium-Sized cities of North-West Russia as drivers for regional development
... Region : a brief presentation of a case-study of the Interreg IIIB project Medium Sized Cities in Dialogue around the Baltic Sea. Frederiksberg, 2005.
18. McGregor A., McConnachie M. Social Exclusion, Urban Regeneration and Economic Reintegration // Urban Studies. 1995. Vol. 32, № 10. Р. 1587—1600.
Belova A. V.
semi-medium-sized cities, settlement system, the Baltic sea region, socio-economic area, North-West Federal District of the Russian Federation, the Kaliningrad region, cross-border and trans-border cooperation
Urban Planning Development and Seismic Safety Provision in the Kaliningrad region
In this study, we analyse today’s urban development trends in the context of densely populated territories located in moderate seismic regions. We perform a brief ... ... области. Калининград, 2002.
4. Gregersen S., Wiejacz P, Debski W. et al. The exceptional earthquakes in Kaliningrad district // Phys. Earth Plan. Int. 2007. Vol. 164, iss. 1—2. P. 63—74.
5. Уломов В. И. ХХI век. 2000—2006 гг....
Metal accumulation in urban ecosystem plants
The paper presents the results of a study of metal accumulation (Cu, Zn, Mn, Sr, Ni, Ca, Fe, Br, Rb) in the leaves of trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants (a total of 22 species) in the urban environment of Kaliningrad. The study area includes major geochemical landscapes – residential, industrial, and recreational districts. The background concentration of metals in plants is studied. The study establishes the presence of significant anthropogenic sources of metal pollution of vegetation in Kaliningrad. The leaves of plants found in the urban environment show excessive ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... (5). P. 1439—1493.
26. Hanson A., Rohlin S. Do spatially targeted redevelopment programs spillover? // Regional Science and Urban Economics. 2013. № 43 (1). P. 86—100.
27. Huggins R. The evolution of knowledge clusters: Progress and policy // Economic ... ... // Regional Studies. 2016. № 50 (2). P. 342—357.
32. Mastroeni M., Castle D., Phillips P. W. B. Clusters, technological districts and smart specialisaion: an empirical analysis of policy implementation challenges // Int. J. Entrepreneurship and Innovation ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... region, Olsztyn and Elbląg voivodeships)], Report on the Candidate Dissertations in the Historical Sciences, p. 308. (In Russ.)
8. Municipal State Cultural Institution "Center for the Preservation of Monuments, Site of the Administration of the urban district "City of Kaliningrad", available at:
9. On Cancelling Short-Term Visa Experiment "Tourism 72 Hours", The Representative Office of MFA of Russia ...
Kanishchev V. V., Baranova E. V., Zhukov D. S.
The article presents the results of the quantification analysis of urban riots (pogroms) of 1917—1918. The objects of the study are cities of the Russian Empire (Republic) located on the territory ... ... The largest number of events occurred in the Volga region (22 %), Petrograd (17 %), Moscow (13 %) and the Central Industrial District (12 %). The most active rebel groups were commoners (participated in 52 % of the events), soldiers (45 % of the events) ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
. pdf (accessed 15.04.2016).
18. Shlapeko, Е. А. 2012, The role of urban elites and the sister city movement in the formation of cross-border regions (on the example of the development of external relations of the Petrozavodsk urban district, the Republic of Karelia), Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo [Bulletin of the Nizhny Novgorod University. N. I. Lobachevsky], no. 4 (1), p. 374—380. (In Russ.)
19. Shli, K. 2015, XIII Parliamentary Forum of the Southern ...
Between profession and public engagement: Evolution of the public history movement in America
... A. Beyond preservation — using public history to revitalize inner cities. Philadelphia, 2010.
23. Hurley A. Narrating the Urban Waterfront: The Role of Public History in Community Revitalization // The Public Historian. 2006. № 4. P. 19—50.
24.... ... Mirabal N. R. Geographies of Displacement: Latina/os, Oral History, and The Politics of Gentrification in San Francisco's Mission District // The Public Historian. 2009. № 2. P. 7—31.
32. Opp J. Public history and fragments of place // Rethinking History: ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... Towns in the Americas: landscape, power, and working-class communities, Athens, Ga. [u. a.], Univ. of Georgia Press, XIV, 241 p.
35. Dale, B. 2002. An institutional approach to local restructuring: the case of four Norwegian mining towns, European Urban and Regional Studies, Vol. 9, no. 1, p. 5—20.
36. Davis, L., North, D. 1971, Institutional Change and American Economic Growth, Cambridge.
37. District of Tumbler Ridge business information package, available at: http:// www.pris.bc.ca/tumbler/tumbler.html (accessed 08.12.2014).
38. Dignard, L. A. 1989, A comparative approach to the study of community and work in Canadian mining and forestry ...
Dynamics and natural population change in Belarusian Lake District in the post-war period
... Республики Беларусь, 2009 : стат. сб. / Министерство статистики и анализа Республики Беларусь. Минск, 2010.
Piletsky I. V.
demographic potential, population, birth rate, urban population, village
population, natural loss, development of region, planning.
The asymmetry of small and medium business development at a regional level
... regional asymmetry of small and medium business development and presents the results of its approbation in the Northwestern Federal District of Russia. The author makes a conclusion that small and medium business is developing unevenly. The author's method can ... ... 4. Behrens K. How endogenous asymmetries in interregional market access trigger regional divergence // Regional Science and Urban Economics. 2005. Vol. 35. P. 471—492.
5. Economidou C., Kool C. European economic integration and (a)symmetry of macroeconomic ...
The diagnostics of regional asymmetry of innovative development of small enterprises
... enterprise innovation development and the mechanism of its diagnostics tested in the case of the regions of the Northwestern Federal District of the Russian Federation. The most meaningful factors affecting innovation activities of small enterprises are identified.... ... 8. Behrens K. How endogenous asymmetries in interregional market access trigger regional divergence // Regional Science and Urban Economics. 2005. Vol. 35.P. 471—492.
9. Economidou C., Kool C. European economic integration and (a)symmetry of macroeconomic ...
History of creation, modern ecological condition, landscape structure of M. Ashmann park in Kaliningrad
... green zones in Kaliningrad, caused by the rapid modern construction and the increase in the motor vehicles, leads to adverse environmental conditions. Reconstruction and conservation of parks is a priority task for creating an ecological framework of urban areas. The M. Ashman’s landscape park is located in densely populated new districts of Selma and Severnaya Gora and is actively used by the townspeople for recreation. However, its environmental conditions do not meet the standards. The park is a 100-year old historical and cultural heritage. Complex field and historicalgeographical ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... attractiveness of regions], St. Petersburg, p. 28.
5. Dyiba, E. A. 2016, The influence of the University on the formation of the urban environment, HVII Aprelskaya mezhdunarodnaya nauchnaya konferentsiya po problemam razvitiya ekonomiki i obschestva [XVII ... ... Guide, available at:
(accessed 01.03.2017). (in Russ.)
17. North-West Federal District: features and directions of regional development, available at:
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... 1999, Fuzzy concepts, scanty evidence, policy distance: the case for rigour and policy relevance in critical regional studies, Regional Studies, no. 33(9), p. 869—884.
30. Markusen, A. 1996, Sticky places in slippery space: a typology of industrial districts, Economic Geography,Vol. 72 (3), p. 293―313.
31. Martin, P., Mayer, T., Mayneris, F. 2011, Public support to clusters: a firm level study of French «Local Productive Systems», Regional Science and Urban Economics, no. 41, p. 108—123.
32. Martin, R., Sunley, P. 2003, Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concepts or policy panacea? Journal of Economic Geography, no. 3, p. 5—35.
33. Morillas, A., Robles, L., Diaz, B. 2011, I-O coefficients importance: ...
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
... regional strategies for socioeconomic development and schemes for territorial planning of constituent entities and municipal districts. The result is a combination of measures aimed simultaneously at solving defence problems, delivering economic security,... ... regional development. Klaipeda, 2010. P. 46—52.
25. Friedmann J. A general theory of polarized development. Ford Foundation. Urban and Regional Development Advisory Program in Chile. 1967.
26. Kivikari U. A Growth Triangle as an Application of the Northern ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... Severo-zapadnogo federal'nogo okruga [Analysis of the impact of processes of concentration on the development of North-West Federal District regions], Ekonomicheskiy analiz: teoriya i praktika [The economic analysis: theory and practice], no.22, p. 52—62.
... ... Isaksen, A., Karlsen, J. 2013, Can small regions construct regional advantages? The case of four Norwegian regions. European Urban and Regional Studies, no. 20, p. 243—257.
15. Kemeny, T., Storper, M. 2015, Is Specialization Good for Regional Economic ...
Human Resources of Post-war Lithuania and Their Role in the Rebuilding of Klaipeda
... gorodskogo naselenija po Litovskoj SSR na 1 ijunja 1946 g.» [Help CSO Council of Ministers of the Lithuanian SSR "The urban population of the Lithuanian SSR on June 1, 1946"], 1946, LCVA, F, R-363, Ap. 1, b. 162.
14. Otchet CSU Litovskoj ... ... Litvy, 20 ijunja 1945 g. [On the resettlement farms and state farm workers in Klaipeda, Šilutė Pagegyaysky counties and other districts of the Lithuanian SSR: Decision of the CPC Central Committee of the Lithuanian SSR and the Communist Party (Bolsheviks) ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... social, environmental and economic systems (SEES) and the quality of life (QOL) in the regions of Russia’s Northwestern Federal District (NWFD). This work aims at giving an integrated assessment of SEES in the Arkhangelsk and Murmansk regions in comparison ... ... kachestva gorodskoj sredy g. Sankt-Peterburga [Integral estimates of the quality of life of the population and the quality of the urban environment of St. Petersburg], Mezhdunarodnyj zhurnal jeksperimental'nogo obrazovanija [International Journal of Experimental ...
Сoastal exclaves among enclosed territories of the world
(дата обращения: 24.04.2018).
34. Brunei // City Population. URL:
(дата обращения: 24.04.2018).
35. East Timor: Districts, Cities & Urban Areas // City Population. URL:
(дата обращения: 24.04.2018).
36. The population of the Sultanate by the end of May 2015 // National Center for Statistics and Information. Sultanate ...