The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster
The coastal regions of Russia, which ensure the country’s major export/import transactions, have potential for developing special forms of spatial organisation of regional transport system – transport clusters. This form of spatial organisation is better adapted (in comparison to a transport complex) to the ever-changing conditions of a competitive market. It suggests that all business entities of the territory interact thus increasing the competitiveness ...
A transport cluster as a variant of transport complex development
The territory of the Kaliningrad regions offers a solid basis for the development of a strong transport cluster with a potential to integrate into the transport system o the Baltic region and ensure cargo and passenger transit between world economic centres – the Pacific Rim and the European Union. The article offers a characteristic of main means of ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... Bilchak, V. S., Bilchak, M. V. 2015, Integration as a dominant development of border regions, Aktual'nye voprosy ekonomicheskikh nauk [Topical issues of economic sciences], no. 47, p. 109—114. (in Russ.)
21. Baturova, G. V. 2012, Regional sea economic clusters as a basis for socioeconomic development of coastal areas, Transportnoe delo Rossii [Transport business in Russia], no. 6 (2), p. 40—42. (in Russ.)
22. Walerud, C., Viachka, A. 2007, Transnational networks of cluster organizations, Stockholm.
23. United Shipbuilding Corporation, available at:
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... № 8 (1). P. 26—41.
41. Steiner M. Competence clusters as a new concept for regional policy // Steiner M. (ed.). Competence clusters: workshop report. Leykam, 1997. P. 17—22.
42. Stuart T. E. Interorganizational alliances and the performance of firms: ... .... M. Evaluating unintended outcomes of regional smart-growth strategies: environmental justice and public health concerns // Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. 2016. № 49. P. 280—290.
44. Walker G., Kogut B., Shan W. Social ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... of contemporary geoeconomic trends. The author examines the conditions and prospects for the formation of marine cross-border clusters in the key segments of Russia’s coastal zone.
1. Mechnikov, L. I. 1898, Tsivilizatsiya i velikie istoricheskie reki ... ... geograficheskogo obshchestva, T. 56, P. 154—161.
3. Bernshteyn-Kogan, S. V. 1930, Ocherki geografii transporta [Essays on Geography of Transport], Moskva — Leningrad, 348 p.
4. Saushkin, Yu. G. 1973, Ekonomicheskaya geografiya: istoriya, teoriya, metody, praktika ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... zadacha [Rational and efficient use of ocean biological resources as economic problems], Мoscow, Nauka.
12. Konovalov, A. 2010, Transportation Network in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. In: Zagorsky, A. V. (ed.), The Arctic: A Space of Cooperation ... ... Maritime Spatial Planning, 2010, Report of Directorate-General for Maritime Affaires and Fisheries, April.
14. The role of maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development of maritime sectors, 2008, Overview of the applied research methodology, Commissioned ...
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... innovative development at municipal and interregional levels, using four groups of indicators: human capital, economic growth and clustering, innovation and digitalisation, and quality and standards of living. All these components are vital for regional innovative ... ... described. Each is associated with a different way to benefit from proximity to the sea. These are maritime activities, maritime transport, and the economic use of recreational, natural and climatic resources.
Mikhaylov A. S., Gorochnaya V. V., Hvaley ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... Oblast. Federal Law no. 13-FZ from. 22.01.1996], 1996, available at: http://invest.h11.ru/law/doc00119.shtml (accessed 12 August 2013).
24. Orlov, S. V., Korneevets, V. S. 2012, Transportnyj klaster kak variant razvitija transportnogo kompleksa [A transport cluster as a variant of transport complex development], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 144—149.
25. Vylegzhanina, U. 2013, Otlozhennyj platezh [Deferred payment], Rossiyskaya gazeta, 08 October, available at: http://www....
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Romanenko, A. A. 2005, Seaports, transport fleet and shipbuilding in Russia. In: Morekhozyaystvennyy kompleks Rossii [Seaports, transport fleet and shipbuilding Russia], St. Petersburg, p. 24—70. (In Russ.)
27. Treyvish, A. I. 2009, Gorod, rayon, strana ... ... klasteroobrazovanie v primorskikh zonakh Evropeyskoy chasti Rossii: faktory, modeli, ekonomicheskie i ekisticheskie effekty [Cross-border clustering in the Coastal zones of the European part of Russia: factors, model, the economic effects], Rostov-on-Don, 346 p. (In ...
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... An analysis of the geoeconomic position and the developing spatial relations can be of interest for researchers of geographic clusters, agglomerations, and such cross-border forms of cooperation, as growth triangles, for example.
1. Artobolevsky, S. S.... ... rekonstrukcii jekonomicheskogo prostranstva na primere Severo-Zapada: nacional'nye i mezhdunarodnye akcenty [Development of transport infrastructure — the mechanism of reconstruction of economic space on the example of the Northwest: national and international ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
Press, Oxford, p. 11—32.
7. O’Connor, K. 2010, Global city regions and the location of logistics activity, Journal of Transport Geography, no. 18, p. 354—362.
8. Oficial'nyj sajt «Edinaja gosudarstvennaja sistema informacii ob obstanovke v ... ... 2013, Formirovanie portovo-promyshlennyh klasterov na territorii primorskih provincij KNR [Formation of the port and industrial cluster in
the coastal provinces of China], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 2 (40), p. 50—76.
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... and economic aspects of designing cross-border tourism route, Nauki o Zemle. Nauka. Innovacii. Tehnologii [Earth sciences. Science. Innovation. Technologies], no 2, p. 68—77. (in Russ.)
13. Andreev, V. A., Ostropol’tsev, S. Yu. 2016, International transportation routes as a factor of the trans-border clusters emergence. Тhe Territory Of New Opportunities, The Herald of Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, no. 2, p. 14—22. (in Russ.)
14. Balykova, E. The “Blue road” our favourite project, available at:
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... related to its implementation. Particular attention is paid to Northwest Russia and Kaliningrad region. Promoting innovation clusters, metropolitan networks and urban-rural partnerships, improving accessibility as well as enhancing maritime spatial planning ... ... сотрудничества.
Калининград: Изд-во РГУ им. И. Канта, 2008.
Dubois A., Schürmann C.
Transport and accessibility in the Baltic Sea Region — structures and perspectives // Spatial Planning and development in ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... theory of the development of modern societies], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
18. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10.
19. The national economy ... ... Coast: risk, resilience andtransformation, L., N. Y., p. 25—26.
34. Database Eurostat, available at: ec. europa.eu/eurostat/web/transport/data/database (accessed 01.02.2017).
35. Friedmann, J. 1967, A general theory of polarized development. Ford Foundation....
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... natural sciences], no. 3 (191), p. 58—65. (In Russ.)
4. Gumenyuk, I. S., Melnik D. A. 2012, The transnational territorial transport system of the Baltic Region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 4, no. 1, p. 66—71, doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-8.
5. Gutnik, A. P.... ... Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 11—21. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-3-1.
15. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10.
16. Natsional'nyi atlas ...