Poland’s Foreign Policy Mechanisms: Legal Framework and Policy Analysis
... zagraniczna z latach 2005—2007: co po konsensie? [Poland’s foreign policy in 2005—2007, what is after the consensus?], Warszawa, Instytut Spraw Publicznych.
9. Konstytucja Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej z dnia 2 kwietnia 1997 r. [The Constitution of the Republic of Poland of 2 April 1997], Dz. U. 2009r. nr 114 poz. 946.
10. Dudek, A. 2013, Lech Kaczyński kontra Donald Tusk, Wpolityce.pl, available at:
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Klaipeda (the Republic of Lithuania), available at:
4. Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Poland on border crossings of 22 May 1992, 1993, Byulleten' mezhdunarodnykh dogovorov, 1993, October, no. 10, p. 48—50.
5. The Kaliningrad region transfers to the Swedish side the chairmanship in the Euroregion Baltika, 2016, Government of the Kaliningrad ...
The political debate on the change of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland after the parliamentary elections of 2015
In 1997, the Constitution of the Republic of Poland was adopted. Since then, constitutional disputes have continued in Poland. After the 2015 elections, they sharpened. In addition, Polish President Andrzej Duda proposed a change to the Constitution of the Republic of Poland. This initiated a ...
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... structural dynamics of political elites for the purpose of forecasting major trends in the structural transformation of Polish political elites. In the course of the study, biographical data on the presidents, ministers, advisors, and party leaders of the Republic of Poland was collected and processed. The work follows the network analysis paradigm and identifies the dynamics of the key network parameters: distance, density, transitivity, and compactness. The author analyses the dynamics of representation in the structure ...
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... 2013, Vlijanie mestnogo prigranichnogo peredvizhenija na razvitie transgranichnogo turizma mezhdu Respublikoj Pol'sha i Kaliningradskoj oblast'ju Rossijskoj Federacii [Influence of local border traffic on the development of cross-border tourism between the Republic of Poland and the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation], Nauka i turizm: strategija vzaimodejstvija [Science and tourism: cooperation strategy], p. 65—73.
3. Vardomsky, L. B. 2000, Prigranichnyj pojas Rossii: problemy i tendencii razvitija [Border ...
On the ideological distance between relevant candidates for the presidency of the Republic of Poland in 2010
... Prezydenta Rzeczypospolitej
Polskiej (Dz. U. Nr 67, poz. 398)// Sejm Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej. 2010. May. URL:
http://www. sejm. gov. pl/prawo/prezydent/prez5.htm
(дата обращения: 25.05.2010).
Zhukovsky Igor, Balobaev Vladimir
President of the Republic of Poland, policy guidelines, relevant candidates, economic issues, foreign policy issues
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... (accessed 31.08.2014).
30. Soglashenie mezhdu Pravitel'stvom Rossijskoj Federacii i Pravitel'stvom Respubliki Pol'sha o porjadke mestnogo prigranichnogo peredvizhenija [Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Poland on local border movement], 2011, General'noe konsul'stvo Respubliki Pol'sha v Kaliningrade [Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Kaliningrad], available at: http://www.kaliningrad.msz.gov.pl/ru/consular_information/mrg_ru/umowa_ru/ (accessed ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
Signing the agreement on local border traffic (LBT) between the Republic of Poland and the Russian Federation was welcomed by experts as an important step towards the future visa-free regime between the European Union and the Russian Federation often discussed in the international dialogue. The three years of LBT mechanism have ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
Developing cross-border tourist routes is an effective way of developing cooperation between border regions of Russia and the neighbouring countries. The author presents an approach that interprets cross-border ... ... crossborder cooperation programmes. Particular attention is paid to the routes in the Republic of Karelia — the Blue Road, the White Road, and the Mining Road. The article... ....ru/blogs/?page_id=124
(accessed 18.11.2016). (in Russ.)
17. Kaliningrad Region and Poland will develop a common tourist routes, available at:
The Polish minority in the Republic of Lithuania: internal and external factors
The ethnic makeup of the population significantly affects the domestic policy of any state, and its relations with neighbouring countries. Although ... ... between the Lithuanian state and the Polish minority, which is the largest in the country. The Polish minority—Lithuania—Poland relations are not the only factor that affects the situation of the Poles in Lithuania. The other important factors are ...
The intensity of population movements through the Russian- Polish border after the suspension of the local border traffic mechanism: 2016 outcomes
The mechanism of the local (or small) the cross-border movement is a form of cross-border cooperation. On the border between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Poland this mechanism worked from 2012 to 2016, and provided for a significant intensification of mutual border-crossing. In this case the suspension of the local border traffic regime on the Polish side, as well as the regime itself, caused a mixed reaction ...
Geography of Electoral Volatility in the Warmia and Mazury Voivodeship of Poland
... analysis], PhD tes., Rossijskij `ekonomicheskij universitet im. G. V. Plehanova [Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics], Saratov. (In Russ.)
12. Zhukovsky, I. I. 2010, Stanovlenie partijnoj sistemy Respubliki Pol'sha [Formation of party system in the Republic of Poland], Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
13. Gajowniczek, T. 2014, Scena polityczna województwa warmińsko-mazurskiego w latach 1998—2014. In: Modzelewski, W. T. (red.), Region Warmii i Mazur w europejskich procesach integracyjnych, Olsztyn.
The fate of World War I refugees from the western provinces of European Russia and Poland in Soviet Russia in 1920
This article focuses on the features of the re-evacuation of World War I refugees in 1920, i.e. the spontaneous movement of the hungry mass of refugees to the Western ... ... on their own regions but opposed — to no effect — by the central authorities. The planned evacuation solely to the Baltic Republics at the end of summer of 1920 was accompanied by violations, abuse of power and the absence of proper organization.
Migration processes on the Recovered territories in Poland in 1945—1950
The migration processes on the so-called Recovered territories, transferred from Germany to Poland after the Second World War, are analyzed in documents and recent research. The ... ... main migration waves that came in the first post-war years, gives a social description of the main groups of migrants and local Polish-speaking residents, shows the contradictions... ... article concludes that the migration policy for the authorities of the Polish People's Republic became the main instrument for confirming their historical rights on the Recovered...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... Pol'shi: itog dejatel'nosti pol'skih «benzovozov» v 2012 godu — 160 mln. lit-rov rossijskogo topliva [Customs Service of Poland: Polish total activity "oil tankers" in 2012 — 160 million liters moat Russian fuel], 2013, Gosudarstvennyj pogranichnyj komitet Respubliki Belarus [State Committees of the Republic of Belarus], 04 April, available at: http://gpk.gov.by/press_center/international_news/16895/ (accessed 12 August 2013)....
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
....int/cps/en/natohq/news_125052.htm (accessed 21.01.2016).
18. Defence Minister visited soldiers in Skwierzyna, 2015, Ministry of Na-tional Defence Republic of Poland, available at: http://en.mon.gov.pl/news/article/ latest-news/2016-01-16-defence-minister-visited-soldiers-in-skwierzyna/ ... .... Rossija gotova k konkurencii s saudovskoj neft’ju na evropeijskom rynke [Russia is ready to compete with Saudi oil on the European market], 2015, Prav-da.ru, available at: http://www.pravda.ru/news/economics/materials/oil/14-10-2015/ 1278203-neft-0/ ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
This article considers the trend of structural changes in the political elite of the Republic of Lithuania in the post-Soviet period through analyzing the role of the so-called “moral politicians” — intellectuals,... ...
11. Matonyte, I. 2009, Ex-nomenklatura and Ex-dissidents in the Post-communist Parliaments of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, Viesoji politika ir administravimas [Public Policy and Administration], no. 29, p. 28—39.
12. Matonyte, I. 2008, (Liberal) ...
Russian foreign trade and integration processes in the Baltic region
, 2008. URL: www.destatis.de
of the Development of the National Economy of
: Ministry of Economy
Statisticzny. Warszawa, 1995.
of Estonia.URL: www.stat.ee
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
This article examines cooperation in the electric energy sector in the Baltic region. The author explores ... ... also include Russia and Belarus. The author stresses that one of the most acute problems for the EU today is overcoming isolation ... ... the Baltic NPP and the export of generated electric energy to Poland, Lithuania, Germany, and Sweden. The author concludes that ... ...
7. Annual Report on Electricity and Natural Gas Markets of the Republic of Lithuania to the European Commission, 2012, Vilnius,...
Modern Lithuanian foreign policy: the adjustment of traditional policy
... authors consider the core areas of Lithuanian foreign policy. Special attention is paid to the adjustment of the major foreign policy vector, which concentrated earlier on the cooperation with the United States of America and strategic partnership with the Republic of Poland. The article analyses the attempts of Lithuanian president Dalia Grybauskaitė to formulate the so-called «new foreign policy» based on the multivector approach to the intergovernmental cooperation. This research is timely because of an increasing ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
This article considers the problem of security in the Baltic region, namely, that of Poland and the Baltics. The authors rely on the works of Karl Deutsch, Emanuel Adler, on Michael Barnett’s theory of security ... ... Adriatic-Baltic-Black sea initiative. A triangle of stronger partnership, 2015, Newsletter of the Office of the President of the Republic of Croatia, no. 2.
15. Andersson, J. 2015, Defence: solidarity, trust and threat perception, European Union Institute ...
On the relation between spatial concepts, strategic and territorial planning in the Russian Federation in the context of the development of the Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon region
Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon is a trans-border (it includes border territory of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Poland), maritime (combines a water body, and a land area) territorial system, which requires a special attitude to coordination between between the concepts of spatial, territorial and strategic planning. The article studies the issues of spatial, territorial ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
The processes related to the development of international tourism in Lithuania are of importance for the growth of economic, ... ... the field of international tourism and thus affect the Kaliningrad region, North-east Poland, Southern Finland, and partially Belarus. Therefore, Lithuania plays an important... ... p. 317—331.
17. Nichols, K. 2001, Tourism as a Nation-Building Tool in the Baltic Republics, Middle States Geographer, no. 34, p. 1—9.
18. Panorama on Tourism. Eurostat...
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
This paper considers the cultural, political, and historical problems of the development of European identity in the discourse of Europe. The author addresses ... ... (дата обращения: 20.03.2012).
9. Korniychuk A. Euroscepticism in Czech Republic. URL: http://irdb.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/euroscepticism-in-czech-republic/... ....org/the_promotion_of_european_identity_book%20version.pdf (дата обращения: 19.03.2012).
21. Where does Poland fit in Europe? How political memory influences Polish MEPs’ perceptions...
Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region
... cross-border cooperation between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region, which is manifested in a series of partner agreements and contracts. The local border traffic agreement between the Kaliningrad region and selected areas of the Republic of Poland should give an additional impetus for the developmentof the economies, services sectors, and tourism industries of the border territories and facilitate the development of these regions. The article makes an attempt to identify the determinants ...
The development of mutual external commerce of the Baltic Sea region countries as a sign of integration processes in the Baltic Sea Region
М., Зверев Ю.
М., Корнеевец В.
Россия на Балтике / под ред. А.
П. Клемешева. Калининград: Изд-во РГУ им. И. Канта, 2008.
Yearbook of the
: Federal Statistical Office, 2007. URL: http://www.destatis.de
Profiles 2007 / World Trade Organization. 2007.
On trends in the development of cross-border cooperation in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
In this article, I examine trends in the development of cross-border cooperation between the Kaliningrad Region of the Russian Federation and the Republics of Lithuania and Poland within a range of cross-border cooperation programmes. I analyse all the projects approved within three cross-border cooperation projects over the past ten years. I focus on the projects that were successfully completed by the Immanuel Kant Baltic ...
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
Being an area of development of Russia’s northwest border regions, tourism requires the extending of border regions’ appeal. A unique resource of the northwestern border ... ....06.2016). (in Russ.)
9. Protected areas, 2016, The official internet portal of the Republic of Karelia, available at:
http://www.gov.karelia.ru/Info/tourism/terr.html... ... (accessed 17.07.2016).
40. Więckowski, M. 2010, Tourism development in the borderlands of Poland, Geographia Polonica, Vol. 83, no. 2, p. 67―81.
Stepanova S. V.
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
The Baltic Sea region is one of the most developed and well-formed regions of international cooperation. It is a ... ... Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia and the coastal parts of Russia, Germany, and Poland. The extended definition adds the remaining part of Poland, most Russian and... ... Baltic region incorporates Iceland, some territories of Russia, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Ukraine.
1. Atlas okeanov: Atlanticheskii i Indiiskii okeany...
The ethnic aspects of demographic processes in the Baltic region states
This article focuses on the problems pertaining to the regionalisation of geo-demographic situation in the Baltic region. Particular attention is paid to the ... ... Stockholm.
3. Kaszmarczyk, P., Okólski, M. 2008. Economic Impacts of Migration on Poland and Baltic States // Fafo-paper. Oslo.
4. Indans, I. 2009. Migration Policies... ... 9—25.
10. Hayden, Robert M. 1992. Constitutional Nationalism in the Formerly Yugoslav Republics: Working Paper. Center for German and European Studies. Berkeley.
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... 2013, Vlijanie mestnogo prigranichnogo peredvizhenija na razvitie transgranichnogo turizma mezhdu Respublikoj Pol'sha i Kaliningradskoj oblast'ju Rossijskoj Federacii [Influence of local border traffic on the development of cross-border tourism between the Republic of Poland and the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation], Nauka i turizm: strategii vzaimodejstvija [Science and tourism: cooperation strategy], digest of articles, no. 2,p. 65—73.
13. Kropinova, E. G. 2003, Zoning of the Kaliningrad region of the ...
Geopolitical transformation of the Kaliningrad oblast of the Russian Federation
After the World War II, the part of East Prussia taken by the Soviet Union was transformed into a gigantic Soviet military ... ... which helped the USSR to ensure the dependence of the Eastern Baltics and domination in Poland. After the Cold War, Kaliningrad Oblast, a territory of 15,000 square metres... ... English: Military Tranzit of the The Russian Federation through the Territory of the Republic of Lithuania
Lithuanian Political Science Yearbook
. Vilnius, 2002...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
This article demonstrates the effect of the 2010s migration crisis has had on the demographic development of the European ... .... S., Martynov, V. L., Sazonova, I. E. 2016, Geo-demographic situation in the Czech Republic and Slovakia at the end of XX — beginning of XXI century, Izvestiya Russkogo... ... Degusarova, V. S., Martynov, V. L., Sazonova, I. E. 2015, Demographic development in Poland during the years of its membership in the European Union, Izvestiya Russkogo...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... Ştiinţifică Internatională «Politici Economice de Integrare Europeană» (23—24 septembrie 2005). Chişinău, 2005. P. 230—233.
45. Philipov D., Kohler H.-P. Tempo Effects in the Fertility Decline in Eastern Europe: Evidence from Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Russia// European Journal of Population. 2001. Vol. 17. P. 37—60.
46. Pojaková D. Štrukturálne a prestorowé zmieny priemyslu pod vplyvom socioekonomickiej transformácie // Ročnik 32. Folia Geographica 3. FHPH PU.Prešov, 1999. P. 116—122.
47. Prognoza ludności na ...