The demographic problems of the Pskov region and the main approaches to solving them at the level of the regional state authorities
This article analyses the demographic problems of the Pskov region. The authors propose a system of government regulation of demographic processes in view of the functions of the regional executive authorities.
1. Predpolagaemaja chislennost' naselenija Pskovskoj oblasti do 2030 goda 2010. In: Statisticheskij ...
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
... in the Russian North-West and divided by borders of different levels: Karelians (Finland, the Republic of Karelia, and the Leningrad and Tver regions), Vepsians (the Republic of Karelia and the Leningrad and Vologda regions), and Setos (Estonia and the Pskov region). The analysis is based on the cartographic and statistical demographic data, as well as the results of a complex expedition made in summer 2014 in the Pechory district of the Pskov region. The results of the study show that the assimilation of ...
Population Migration as an Evidence of Regional Economic Attraction (through the Example of the Pskov Region)
The administrative territorial division of the Pskov region is considered in historical context. The author distinguishes the stages of formation of the Pskov region as an administrative territorial unit of the Russian Federation and analyses the population dynamics, natural population increase and migrations ...
Cultural and landscape zoning in the North- West Russia
... regionalization of the North-West of the USSR], Leningrad.
3. Kadastr (svod pamjatnikov) «Dostoprimechatel'nye prirodnye i istorikokul'turnye obekty Pskovskoj oblasti» [Inventory (a set of monuments) "Wildlife and historical and cultural sites of the Pskov region"], 1997, Pskov.
4. Kalutskov, V. N. 2007, Kul'turno-landshaftnoe rajonirovanie Russkogo Severa:postanovka problemy [Cultural landscape regionalization of the Russian North:statement of the problem], Rjabininskie chtenija, Muzej-zapovednik ...
The influence of the border position of the Pskov region on the socio-cultural values of the population
This article presents the results of a sociological research on national and supranational (civilizational) identity of the Pskov region population conducted in 1999—2010. The Pskov region is the only European region of Russia that shares borders with three states, two of which are members of the EU. The author defines the areas of the neighbouring countries' sociocultural influence ...
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
... Pivot of History], Polis, no. 4, p. 162—169.
11. Mackinder, H. 2011, Demokraticheskie idealy i real'nost' [Democratic Ideals and Reality], Polis, no. 2, p. 134—144.
12. Martynov, V. L. 2010, Regional'naja politika v postsocialisticheskoj Pol'she [Regional policy in the post-socialist Poland], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no. 10, p. 3—10.
13. Martynov, V. L. 2006, Regional'naja struktura jekonomiki Severo-Zapada Rossii v nachale XXI veka [Regional structure of the economy of the North-West of Russia at the beginning of the XXI century],...
Estimating the Development of the Latvian - Estonian - Russian Transboundary Tourism and Recreation Region
In 2004, the Pskov — Livonia Euroregion was established across the borders of Estonia, Latvia and Russia (the Pskov region). Tourism became a cooperation priority in the Euroregion. This necessitated research on the local tourism and recreation areas. This study aims to estimate the development prospects of transboundary microregions which have been identified by the ...
Spatial and dynamic approach in the study of rural settlement in the Pskov region from 1862 to 1926
The article applies the spatial-dynamic approach to carry out an analysis of the rural settlement in the Pskov region in the provincial time. The study covers the period from the middle of the XIX century up to 1926. The first general census of the Russian Empire (1897) has been chosen as an interim date for the analysis of dynamic processes. The study revealed ...
The lichens of state protected country estate parks in the Pskov region
This article presents the first attempt to study lichens in 6 state protected parks in memorial country estates of the Pskov region. The authors distinguished 111 lichen species, among which 7 were proved to be rare and 4 – new to the Pskov region, and performed taxonomic analysis and the analysis of lichen life forms. Special attention was paid to the epyphite group predominant ...
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... obrazovanij [Database performance municipalities], available at: http://www.gks.ru/dbscripts/munst/munst.htm (accessed 24.01.2014).
3. Gosudarstvennyj komitet Pskovskoj oblasti po jekonomicheskomu razvitiju i investicionnoj politike [State Committee of the Pskov region on economic development and investment policy], available at: http://economics.pskov.ru/ (accessed 24.01.2014).
4. Investicionnyj portal Leningradskoj oblasti [Investment portal of the Leningrad Region], available at: http://lenoblinvest.ru/ (accessed ...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... Pskovskoj oblasti na 2012—2014 gody» (Postanovlenie Administracii Pskovskoj oblasti ot 23 nojabrja 2011 g. N 466) [Regional long-term target program "Support to the implementation of programs of cross-border and international cooperation in the Pskov region in 2012—2014 years" (Resolution of the Pskov region on November 23, 2011 N 466)].
18. O koncepcii razvitija mezhdunarodnyh, mezhregional'nyh i vneshnejekonomicheskih svjazej Leningradskoj oblasti na period do 2013 goda (Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva ...
Gravitation power and migratory mobility of the regions population
This article considers the possibility of using the gravity model when analysing modern interregional migration flows. The author analyses the case of migration patterns of the Novgorod and Pskov regions with the help of the gravity model method.
1. Власов М. П., Шимко П. Д. Моделирование экономических процессов. Ростов н/Д, 2005.
2. Географическое положение и территориальные ...
The lichens of the “Mikhailovskoye” A. S. Pushkin historical-literary and natural-landscape memorial museum (the Pskov region)
This article focuses on the lichens of the “Mikhailovskoye” A. S. Pushkin historical-literary and natural-landscape memorial museum (the Pskov region). The authors compiled a list of 154 lichen species of 63 genera and carried out a taxonomic analysis as well as an analysis of lichen life forms. The article also considers the distribution of lichens by substrates. 3 species are protected at ...
Peculiarities of zooplankton succession depending on the landscape and the genesis of the lake basin (on ex-ample of some lakes of the Pskov Oblast)
On the basis of 1948—2011 materials, this article characterises the zooplankton of three large lakes of similar age and origin found at different trophic stages and in different landscapes of the Pskov region. It is shown that the structural features of the organization and direction of succession of zooplankton communities are directly dependent on the landscape and genesis of the lake basin and, in their turn, can be used as an indicator of the successional ...
Employment in the Kaliningrad region in comparison with the nearest regions of Russia and with the average Russian level
... регионов российско-белорусского пограничья / под ред. А. П. Катровского, Ю. П. Ковалева. Смоленск, 2017.
Gumenyuk L. G., Sibireva N. I., Fedorov D. G.
the Kaliningrad region, the Pskov region, the Smolensk Region, the Russian Federation, employment, unemployment, value added, human capital
Russian-Estonian relations: a medium-term forecast
11. Mezhevich, N. M. 2007, Rossijsko-jestonskaja granica: istorija formirovanija i sovremennoe znachenie dlja razvitija Severo-Zapada Rossii [Russian-Estonian border: formation history and contemporary significance for the development
of the North-West Russia], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regional study Journal], no. 4, p. 134—145.
12. Greckij, I. V. 2013, Rossijsko-pol'skie otnoshenija na sovremennom jetape [Russian-Polish relations at the present stage], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta.Serija 6: Filosofija. Kul'turologija....
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... Development of the Murmansk region to 2020 and to 2025: Government of the Murmansk region of 25.12.2013 № 768-ПП/20], 2013.
20. Strategija social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Pskovskoy oblasti do 2020 goda [Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of the Pskov region to 2020] rasporyazhenie Administracii Pskovskoy oblasti ot 16.07.2010 № 193-р [resolution of the Administration of the Pskov region on 16.07.2010 № 193-р], 2010.
21. Strategija social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Respubliki Karelija do 2020 ...
Development factors and regularities of the territorial structure of nature management
... territorial agricultural structure as the most dynamic type of nature management. The territorial structure of agriculture in the regions and the factors of its evolution are considered on the example of two historical periods (1975—80 and 2016—17). In the Pskov region, the continued decline in the area of cultivated land, the transition from focal to small-scale and dispersed types of nature use was noted. In the Kaliningrad region there is a repeated expansion of agricultural lands, the territorial structure ...
Spatio-temporal patterns of knowledge transfer in the borderland
... article analyses models of knowledge integration taking place between Russia’s northwestern regions and the countries that their border. The study covers six territories of the Northwestern federal district (the Republic of Karelia, St Petersburg, and the Kaliningrad, Leningrad, Murmansk, and Pskov regions); five regions of the Central federal district (Belgorod, Bryansk, Voronezh, Kursk, and Smolensk); and one region of the Southern federal district (Rostov). The methodology of the study consists of using information from the Scopus abstract and ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
This article presents an inventory and a typology of the existing and emerging economic clusters in the coastal zone of the European part ... ... The authors hold that transboundary clustering takes priority in the Baltic coastal region — nine of the 56 clusters identified are located in the Kaliningrad region... ... management systems in the real sector of the economy, Pskovskii regionologicheskii zhurnal [Pskov Regionological Journal], № 16, p. 12—18. (in Russ.)
17. Gokhberg, L. M., Shadrin...
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
... tourism and recreation system], Smolensk. (In Russ)
10. Rakadzhiyska, S., Marinov, S. 2005, Turisticheski pazari [Touristic Pazar], Varna, 191 p. (In Bulg.)
11. Turchenko, Е. S. 2015, The main directions and dynamics of outbound and inbound tourism in the Pskov region, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional Studies], no. 3, p. 144—153.
12. Anderson, M., Bort, E. 2001, The frontiers of European Union, New York, 223 p.
13. David, L., Toth, G., Bujdoso, Z., Remenyik, B. 2011, The role of tourism in the development ...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
This article considers the development of cultural landscapes on the agricultural periphery of the Kaliningrad region. These territories are analysed in view of historical, geographical, social, economic, and political factors. Owing to ... ... otechestvennoj geografii [The concept of cultural landscape in the national geography], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no. 14, p. 120—129.
20. Milkov, F. N. 1973, Chelovek i landshafty: ocherki antropogennogo ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
9. Mezhevich, N. M., Zhabrev, А. А. 2011, Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo kak innovacionnaja strategija: na primere Severo-Zapadnogo Federal'nogo Okruga Rossii [Cross-border cooperation as an innovative strategy: the example of the North-West Federal District of Russia], Pskovskij regionalisticheskij zhurnal [Pskov regional journal], no. 11, p. 32-34.
10. Mezhevich, N. M., 2011, Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo: teorija i rossijskaja regional'naja praktika [Cross-border cooperation: theory and practice of Russian regional], Juzhno-Rossijskij forum: jekonomika, sociologija,...
Lutheranism in Finland: past and present
... of Russian society], Izv. RAN, ser. Geogr. [Izvestiya RAN, Ser. Geographic], no. 3, p. 60 – 70.
9. Sokolova, A. A. 2006, Xristianskaya ojkonimiya Vologodskoj oblasti (opyt informacionno-geograficheskogo issledovaniya [Christian oikonymy Vologda region (geographic information and experience in the research journal], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no 3, p. 135 – 151.
10. Filimonova, I.Yu. 2005, Geograficheskie aspekty izucheniya konfessij [Geographical aspects of the study of religions], Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Orenburg ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
40. The territorial body of the Federal State Statistics Service of the city of St. Petersburg and Leningrad region, available at: http://petrostat.gks.ru (accessed 11.02.2015).
41. The territorial body of the Federal State Statistics Service of the Pskov region, available at: http//pskovstat.gks.ru (accessed 11.02.2015).
42. The territorial body of the Federal State Statistics Service in the Kaliningrad region, available at: http://kaliningrad.gks.ru/ (accessed 11.02.2015).
43. The territorial body ...
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
... the socioeconomic space of the Russian state at the turn of XX—XXI centuries, Economika i upravlenie [Economics and Management], no. 6 (92), p. 24―29. (in Russ.)
22. Stupina, O. G. 2010, Tourism and Border, Pskovskiy regionologicheskiy zhurnal [Pskov regional journal], no 10, p. 100―106. (in Russ.)
23. The point of the three countries, or where the borders. 2016, Netherlands in pictures, available at:
(accessed 17.07.2016). (in Russ.)
24. The tourist route "The Island of the two rivers",...
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
... considers spatial and temporal diffusion of Christian values in Sweden and examines the features of the country’s confessional space. The work aims to identify historical... ... difference, Etnopanorama, no. 1—2, pp. 53—61. (In Russ.)
3. Safronov, S. G. 2013, Regional structure and dynamics of contemporary confessional structure of Russia, Regionalnye... ... Murashova, T. V. 2013, Marginality factor in the structure of confessional space of Pskov area, Pskovskii regionologicheskii zhurnal, no. 10, p. 177—183. (In Russ.)
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
The article deals with the development in Russian-Estonian relations during the crises ... ... and Estonia, to identify the drivers for economic and political development in the region, and to work out recommendations to adjust them. The questions put forward by... ... contemporary significance for the North-West Russia], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no. 4, p. 134—145.
9. Mosyukov, D. V. 2014. Chem...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
20. Royal Road. Vyborg Information and Travel Portal, available at:
(accessed 18.11.2016). (in Russ.)
21. Kropinova, E. G. 2014. Project “Crossroads 2.0” in the creation of the crossborder tourism region in the South-Easten Baltic area, Pskovskiy regionologicheskiy zhurnal [Pskov regionologicheksy journal], no. 17, p. 53—59.
22. Kropinova, E., Anokhin, A. 2014, The Development of New Trans-border Water Routes in the South-East Baltic: Methodology and Practice, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 121—136. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-11....
Discursive practices of the Russian diaspora in Estonia: language contacts
In this article, I use the concept of discursive practices to consider the speech practices of the Russian ... ... nastoyashchee, budushchee [The cultural landscape of the Borderlands: past, present, future]. Pskov, pp. 115-121 (in Russ.).
Külmoja, I., 2000. Specific features of the language... ... [Russian Studies and Modernity]. Riga, pp. 540-545 (in Russ.).
Szadneva, V.P., 2015. Regional variants of Russian speech in the aspect of linguistic reflection (on the material...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
This article addresses the issue of visa liberalisation between Russia and the European Union, which constitutes ... ... context of identifying the key actors of the EU — Russia negotiations: the Kaliningrad region, Germany, Poland, and Lithuania. In their analysis, the authors rely mostly on... ... of the North-West of the Russian Federation], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no. 2, p. 3—9.
10. Lavrov: Litva «ne ochen' aktivna»...