The open method of coordination as a new form of governance: features, characteristics, prospects of application
This article is dedicated to the new form of governance — the open method of coordination — in the EU system of governance. This method is considered in the framework of the ‘new governance’ approach as opposed to the Community Method. The author justifies new modes of governance, offers their key characteristics and outlines their possible ways of development....
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
This article considers the possibility of Russian integration into a common research, technological, and innovative space of ... ... comparative evaluation of scientific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects], Balt. reg., no. 4(14), p. 22—38. doi: 10... ... economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020. (Order of the RF Government of 17.11.2008 № 1662-r.)], legal-reference system "ConsultantPlus".
10. Mezhevich, N. M., Pribyshin, T. K. 2012, Innovacionnaja...
The role of the European Central Bank in ensuring the financial stability of the EU
The Declaration of the Heads of State and Government of June 29, 2012 was the birth of the European Banking Union. It demonstrated ... ... Central Bank in accordance with Article 127 (6) of the Treaty on the functioning of the EU. Secondly, the direct recapitalization of banks from the European Financial Stability... ... обращения: 26.06.2017).
11. Niinimaki J.-P. Spatial competition in the banking system: Alternative lending technologies and collateral assets // Journal of multinational...
Supranational party system of the EU
The article confirms the hypothesis that a multiplicity of parties of the European and national levels forms the party system of the European Union (EU). The authors describe the main characteristics of Europarties and political groups comprised of them as key actors in the ... ... partii na evropeiskom urovne" [Regulation № 2004/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council On the regulations governing political parties at european level and the rules regarding their funding] 2003, Moskovskaya Gosudarstvennaya Yuridicheskaya ...
The Legal Regulation of the EU Immigrant Integration Policy
In this article, I consider the legal aspects of the EU policy on the integration of immigrants into the host society. The current EU basic ... ... systematize legal instruments for immigrant integration, analyse the conditions of the system formation, emphasize trends in the policy development, and examine the formation... ... обращения: 05.05.2018).
14. Conclusions of the Council and the Representatives of the Governments of the Member States on the integration of third-country nationals legally...
Civil protection in the EU and its effect on the safety of the Baltic region
This article describes civil protection activities of the EU in the framework of the Community Civil Protection Mechanism — a system for coordinating civil protection resources and in-kind assistance to countries stricken by natural and manmade disasters.... ... of the European Union, Series L, no. 297, November 15.
6. The Joint Statement by the Council and the Representatives of the Governments of the Member States meeting within the Council, the European Parliament and the European Commission, 2008, C 25, ...
Organisation of scientific research in Germany
This article considers the structure of research system in Germany. It describes the federal and state levels of research management.... ...
6. Excellence Initiative at a Glance: The Programme by the German Federal and State Governments To Promote Top-level Research at Universities, 2011, Bonn, Brandt GmbH Druckerei... ... performers. Business enterprise sector, available at:http://erawatch.jrc.ec.europa.eu/erawatch/opencms/information/country_pages/de/country?section=ResearchPerformers&subsection=BusinessEnterpriseSector...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
The aim of this article is to adjust the technique of comparing the standard ... ... and Eastern Europe that became members of the European Union (EU) during 2004-2013 (EU-11) and 15 countries of Western, Northern ... ... André, Ch., Chalaux, T. 2018, Building a typology of housing systems to inform policies in OECD and EU member States, Economie ... ... republics, Ekonomika i upravlenie: problemy, resheniya [Economy and Governance: Problems, Solutions], no. 12, vol. 9 (84), p. 12—38 ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
This article explores the current condition and spatial dynamics of the key socioeconomic processes in the coastal zone of the European ... ... coastal territories and contiguous water areas. The findings of EU maritime research constitute the economic and statisti cal basis ... ... development and geo-ecological zoning of territorial recreation systems in coastal areas], St. Petersburg.
4. Bezrukov, L. А.... ... dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030 goda» [Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 8, 2010 № 2205-r ...
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
This article focuses on the dialogue between the Russian Federation and the ... ... on “common values” (legal sphere and the rule of law), which form the framework for the EU-Russia ... ... internalisation of democratic values, human rights, and good governance is still unattainable for the Russian Federation,... ... 2012).
3. Baere De, G. 2012, Some Reflections on the EU and the Responsibility to Protect, Leuven Centre ... ... European Court’s Pilot Judgment Procedure Help Resolve Systemic Human Rights Violations? Burdov and the Failure ...
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
A higher level of unity and cohesion across the European Union member states is an important aspect of European ... ... Market, which aims to increase the economic efficiency of the EU, became a subject of extensive discussions among researchers ... ... investirovanija Syktyvkarskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Corporate governance and innovative development of the North: Bulletin of ... ... Convergence Across European Union, EconPapers: Development and Comp Systems, 0402002.
16. Förster, M., Jesuit, D., Smeeding, T. ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... businesses regard circular economy as a way to enhance economic growth and increase profits. Governments across the world actively engage in the discussion about the benefits of a transition to a circular economy and about its impact on employment, economic growth... ... significantly below those of other European countries. The Baltics depend heavily on EU financial support. An increase in funding will contribute to the implementation of... ... Foundation and McKinsey & Company, Geneva.
9. Wales and the Circular Economy. Favourable System Conditions and Economic Opportunities, 2013, Ellen MacArthur Foundation and WRAP...
Cross-border cooperation between nongovernmental organisations in the Pomeranian and Warmian-Masurian voivodeships
This article is devoted to the issues of cross-border cooperation carried out by agents resident in the ... ... Wspólnota Kulturowa Borussia. Olsztyn.
3. Zieliński, E. 2000, System konstytucyjny Federacji Rosyjskiej [Constitutional system ... ... wschodnim pograniczu: Rozszerzenie Unii Europejskiej na Wschód [EU programs supporting cross-border cooperation and the possibility ... ... (accessed 15 February 2013).
17. Samorząd województwa pomorskiego [Government Pomeranian], 2012, Urząd Marszałkowski Województwa ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
This article considers the legitimacy of political regimes in the Baltic States by analysing three major ... ... institutions, level of corruption, and the development of their party systems. The author identifies the major crisis trends in the legitimacy ... ... whose zone of influence they are included. In other words, the EU and NATO can provide smaller states not only with economic and ... ... 2007, Legitimacy Crisis. In: Bevir, M. (ed.), Encyclopedia of Governance, Sage, p. 522.
10. Carothers, T. 2002, The End of the ...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
The sea and inland hinterland of Baltic Europe form a unique macro-regional unit. Strong collaboration ... .... In many spheres, these ties take the form of networking. The EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region is an important stimulus ... ... Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Gdańskiego.
2. Łoboda, J. 1978, Region jako system: próba określenia funkcji odległości i czasu, Przegląd ... ... 39—58.
14. Toptsidou, M., Böhme, K. 2018, EUSBSR after 2020: Governance remastered? Final report, Ministry of Foreign Affairs ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
The uniqueness of a territorial socio-economic system lies in the specific features of spatial networking of economic entities that ... ... regional economic development in the state of Victoria // Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy. 2000. № 18 (3). P. 301—319.
14. Bradford N. Place matters... ... their priorities 30 Apr. 2014 № 411, Vilnius. URL:
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
The aim of this study is to search for a mechanism for implementing large ... ... the Russian Federation to 2030goda, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated
December 8, 2010 № ... ... Federation], no. 6 (37), p. 36—39.
12. Joenniemi, P. 2010, The EU strategy for the Baltic region: where are we now? Balt. Reg.... ... Fedorov G. M., Korneevets V. S. 2009, Trans-Border Regions in the System of the Regional Hierarchy: the Systemic Approach, Balt. ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
This article analyses certain issues of implementation of Russian energy policy in the Baltic region fr om the geoeconomic perspective. The purpose ... ...
4. Eurostat, available at: http://epp. eurostat. ec. europa. eu/portal/page/ portal/statistics/ search_dat abase (accessed 20 ... ... European market of natural gas and a role of the gas transmission system of Belarus in its providing], Energetika i TeK [Energy and ... ... Pravitel'stva RF № 1353-r ot 25.09.2009 g. [The order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1353-r of 25.09.2009],...
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
This article concerns the role that international cooperation in research,... ... innovative development and producing an innovative model of the Russian economy. One of the key objectives of ... ... the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020: Government of the Russian Federation from December ... ... ES i SNG [Experience innovative cooperation of the EU and the CIS]. In: Boyko, A. N., Vlaskin, G. A., ... ... scientific and technical relations in the modern system of universal], Moscow.
6. Valdaitsev, S. V....
International Migration in the Periods of Transition and Crisis: the Case of Latvia
Migration processes are amongst the most relevant issues in the geography of the Baltic States. The authors analyse the changes in migration ... ... recent years. Empirical results show the response of the migration system to the changing internal factors and external influences ... ... nationals entering the UK to December 2013. URL:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-insurance-number-allocations-to-adult-overseas-nationals-entering-the-uk-to-december-2013 ... ... Post-Enlargement Migration Experience in the Baltic Labor Markets // EU Labor Markets After Post-Enlargement / eds. M. Kahanec,K. F....
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
From the perspective of the modern system of domestic relations facilitating the development of research and industrial ... ... the year 2010—2020 / approved by Resolution No. 163 of 17 February, 2010, of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania.[online] Available at: http://www.ukmin.lt/en/strat_prog/ino_strat/LT_Innovation_Strategy_2010—2020... ... i innovacionnaja politika Litvy. [online] Available at: http://www.proinno-euro pe.eu/page/innovation-and-innovation-policy-lithuania (Accessed 17 December 2010).
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
This article considers the problems of competition and cooperation in the field of energy in the Baltic ... ... Lithuania, and Belarus. The author shows that, though Russia and the EU occasionally pursue opposite goals, there is considerable interdependence ... ... Правительства российской Федерации.
URL: http://www.government.ru/content/ governmentactivity/rfgovernmentdecisions/archive/2009/09/25/1663172.... ... competition, cooperation, oil and oil product export, Baltic Pipeline System, Baltic Pipeline System 2, Nord Stream, Ignalina NPP, Baltic ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
The article explores opportunities for the sustainable economic development of coastal territories in the Baltic Sea region (BSR) arising in ... ....1532315.
10. Grönholm, S., Jetoo, S. 2019, The potential to foster governance learning in the Baltic Sea Region: Network governance ... ... Initial Lessons Learned for Public Administrations, Information Systems Management, vol. 37, no. 4, p. 303—309. doi: 10.1080/10580530.... ... Efficiency of Sustainable Development Policy Implementation in Selected EU Member States Using DEA, The Ecological Dimension, Sustainability,...
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
Regional parks in Lithuania preserve the most valuable physical and cultural components of the landscape, NATURA 2000 habitats, etc. Usually, they are ... ... practice], no. 1 (6), p. 78—92, available at:
. pdf (accessed ... ..., dydis, tankumas, kaita, Tiltai [Lithuanian rural settlements system: conception, the number, size, density, location, changes,... ....3390/su12083328.
48. Mehnen, N., Mose, I., Strijker, D. 2013, Governance and Sense of Place: Half a Century of a German Nature ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
The Baltic Sea region is one of the most developed and well-formed regions of international ... ... Krasnov A. I., Sorokin I. S., 2016, Polarization of the settlement system in the coastal zone of the Leningrad Region in 1989—2015,... ... Opportunities and Risks, report 25 April, available at:
http://www.espon.eu/export/sites/default/Documents/Projects/AppliedResearch/ESaTDOR/FR_160413/ESaTDO.... ... Bałtyckiego. In: Ruszkowski, J., Wojnicz, L. (eds.) Multi-level governance w Unii Europejskiej, Szczecin-Warszawa, Instytut Politologii ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
This article analyzes the principles of spatial planning, which form the basis for this type of urban development in the countries of the European Union (EU) and in the Russian Federation. The following principles are ... ... rossijskom zakonodatel'stve: analiz i ocenka [Territorial recreation systems in the Russian legislation: analysis and evaluation]. In: ... ..., 1974. In: Sobranie postanovlenij pravitel'stva SSSR [Meeting government regulations USSR], no. 9, Art. 39.
12. Kotlyakov, ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
Although Russia and the Baltics have historically been economic partners,... ... bilateral trade contributes little to the development of either side. The Baltics-Russian bilateral trade ... ... accession of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania to the EU and NATO in 2004 and the introduction of reciprocal ... ... driven by individual companies, regional (local) governments, and Russian-Baltic cross-border cooperation ... ... 1997, Regional Trading Blocs in the World Economic System, Washington DC, Institute for International ...
The Policy of Regional Convergence in Russia-Belarus integration: Prospects for Development
In a number of cases, integration of a large international region ... ... interstate union can only be promoted by political means. The policy of regional economic convergence prevails ... ... to identify and explore the problems of political governance, which the Union State of Russia-Belarus ... ....09.2016).
2. Lyukevich, I. N. 2011, World monetary system as a set of currency regions, Mezhdunarodnaya ... ... Ignore Mandelson: We'd trade much better outside EU, The Times, March 04.
19. Perroux, F. 1948, Esquisse ...
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
The article deals with the development in Russian-Estonian relations during the crises of 2007 and 2014, taking into consideration the balance between political and economic factors in the decision-making by Estonian government. A number of special aspects, trends and problems in ... ... obviously getting worse and capital flight (to the neighboring EU Member States) is likely to increase. The method of the study ... ... Estonia: through 10 years, we are disconnected from the Russian power system], 2014, REGNUM, 30 September, available at: http://www.regnum....
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
The Covid-19 pandemic, which has swept across the globe,... ... labour market. This article examines the consequences of Covid-19 for Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave and ... ... supply-demand equation. Official statistics from the regional government and its subordinate bodies shows that the ... ..., G. 2020, The possible impact of COVID-19 on the EU’s demand for high-skilled migrants, Webinar, April ... ... Anderson, B., Poeschel, F., Ruhs, M. 2020, COVID-19 and systemic resilience: What role for migrant workers?...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
Earliest studies into the influence of the sea on the economy and settlement structure date back to ... ... specificity of manifestation and accounting in the management system, Gosudarstvennoe i munitsipal'noe upravlenie. Uchenye zapiski ... ... NUTS 3 region, 2017, Eurostat, available at:
32. Barreto, ... ... City in Transition, Cambridge, p. 296.
41. McFadden, L. 2007, Governing Coastal Spaces: The Case of Disappearing Science in Integrated ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
Network cooperation — the most efficient form of unlocking the economic and natural potential of territories ... ... research on network cooperation is regional integral geoinformation systems (GIS). Modern GIS are successfully used in related fields,... ... Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 12 maja 2012 g. [Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation dated May 12, 2012], 2012,... ... Joint Use of the Vistula Lagoon, available at: http://vilaproject.eu (accessed 12 September 2013).
9. Gogoberidze, G. G., Mamaeva,...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
The concept of “network” is traditionally used in sociological and economic ... ... geography through identifying the place of this concept in the system of traditional concepts of this branch of geography: spatial ... ... European Cluster Observatory REPORT, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/initiatives/cluster/observatory/d1.2-clustermapping-report.... ....
43. What are Industrial Clusters? San Diego Association of governments, available at: http://www.sandag. org/rta/transfer/industrial_clusters....
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
The geography of modern innovation processes increasingly covers not only megalopolises ... ....5477/cis/reis.168.3.
5. De Marchi V., Grandinetti R. Regional innovation systems or innovative regions? Evidence from Italy // Tijdschrift ... ... E-learning as a diffusion of innovation in the rural areas of the European Union // Eastern European Countryside. 2015. № 21 ... ... regions as innovation policy spaces // Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy. 2010. № 28 (4). P. 681—695. doi: doi....
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
The concept of green growth and sustainable development is turning into a global ... ... relating to sustainable growth are the transformation of the finance system, on the one hand, and the creation of a new financial paradigm ... ... (in Russ).
17. Bierman, F., Kanie, N., Kim, R. E. 2017, Global governance by goal-setting: The novel approach of the UN sustainable ... ... the use of sustainable development indicators at national and EU level, Ecological Indicators, no. 35. p. 35—42. doi: 10.1016/j....