Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... territories with their GRP per capita being generally lower than the national or macroregional average. A review of literature on sustainable development in the BSR has shown that a more active use of unique resources of the coastal territories along with a technology-driven growth of blue economy sectors can counterbalance the negative impact of the territories’ uneven development on the progress ... ... the quality of products and services.
1. Simonyan, R. H. 2019, Russia-European union and Russian-Chinese borderlands: economic and demographic dimension, Balt. Reg., vol. 11, no. 3, p. 43—60. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2019-3-3.
2. Stepanova, S. ...
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
... and development priorities that can be used in Russia in devising the ideology, principles, and mechanism of green growth and sustainable growth financing.
1. Brundtland, G. H. 1987, Our common future: Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development, Oxford, New York, Oxford University Press, 383 p.
2. Nordhaus, W. D. 1977, Economic growth and climate: The case of carbon dioxide. The American Economic Review, vol. 67, no. 1, p. 341—346.
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
... development is about promoting an integrated approach. It includes economic, social and environmental objectives. Economic objectives include growth, efficiency and stability. The main purpose of the article is to analyze the influences of corruption on sustainable economic growth. The impact is decreasing continuously and the main reason behind this is the change in peoples’ attitude and saturation to ethically questionable actions. Individuals and organizations can join in sharing resources for creating a sustainable ...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... 18, no. 4, p. 123—137. doi:
15. Kropinova, E. G. 2020, Tourism and the Sustainable Development of the Baltic Sea Region. In: Leal Filho, W., Azul, A., Brandli, L., Lange Salvia, A., Wall, T. (eds) Decent Work and Economic Growth. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Springer, Cham. doi:
16. Studzieniecki, T., Jakubowski, A., Meyer, B. 2020, Transnational tourist destination management: a case study of the Baltic Sea Region. Balt. Reg....
Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... Tax Service [FTS] database and SPARK-Interfax), are analysed to reveal factors in the economic development of metropolitan areas as well as to understand how settlements... ... brought up to date. Examining the population size of the settlements helps locate the ‘growth belt’ of the agglomeration. Lists of major enterprises of the city and the... ... prospects], no. 3 (48), p. 87—103 (in Russ.).
7. Saiensus, M. 2014, Analysis of innovative sustainability of socio-econonic systems, Socioeconomic Research Bulletin, no. 4 (55)...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
19. Carayannis E. G., Rakhmatullin R. The Quadruple / Quintuple innovation helixes and smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe and beyond // J. of the Knowledge Economy. 2014. № 5 (2). P. 212—239.
20. Coenen L., Moodysson J., Asheim ... ... Studies. 2004. № 12 (7). P. 1003—1018.
21. Delgado M., Porter M. E., Stern S. Defining clusters of related industries // J. of Economic Geography. 2016. № 16 (1). P. 1—38.
22. Etzkowitz H., Leydesdorff L. The dynamics of innovation: from national systems ...
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg has a special mission in delivering national development priorities, ensuring sustainable economic growth, and commercializing R&D. This necessitates research on the situation in the corporate sector, including investment potential and propensity to invest. The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies to employ investment ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... capital and regional development. In: Capello, R., Nijkamp, P. Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories, Cheltenham,
Edward Elgar Publishing, p. 118—133... ... Open Economies, Routledge, London, 256 p.
30. Karlsson, C., Rouchy, P. 2015, Regional Economic Development, Social Capital and Governance: A Buchanian Approach, CESIS Electronic... ... Competitiveness, Basque Country, Spain, 31 p.
Kaliningrad region, exclave, sustainable development, economy restructuring
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
D. C., Island Press, p. 35—36.
4. Mendelsohn, R., Olmstead, S. 2009, The Economic Valuation of Environmental Amenities and Disamenities: Methods and Applications... .... 1(481), p. 12—20.
6. Nidumolu, R., Prahalad, C. K., Rangaswami, M. R. 2009, Why Sustainability Is Now the Key Driver of Innovation, Harvard Business Revue. Reprint... ... http://strf.ru/material.aspx?CatalogId=34910&d_no=40934 (accessed 12 May 2011).
11. Green Growth & Eco-Innovation, OECD: Green innovation, available at:
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
Economic development models are crucial for understanding historical progress of countries ... ... Institutional Economics], p. 45. (In Russ.)
3. Gaidar, E. T. 1996, Anomalies of Economic Growth, Voprosi ekonomiki, no. 12, p. 20—39. (In Russ.)
4. Glinkina, S. P., Kulikov... ....aspx
17. Ostrom, E. 2009, A general framework for analyzing sustainability of socialecological systems, Science, no. 325, p. 419—22.
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... actively engage in the discussion about the benefits of a transition to a circular economy and about its impact on employment, economic growth, and the environment. This paper aims to study the major issues of circular economy, to identify its advantages, and to ... ... to the implementation of circular economy technologies.
1. Avramenko, A. A., Gorbachev-Fadeev, M. A. 2015, Cyclic economy, Sustainable development and the “green” economy [Ustoichivoe razvitie i «zelenaya» ekonomika], no. 71, p. 23—34. (In Russ....
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... jure. This period has been sufficient to identify regular patterns in the national economic models. Studies into the nature of the economic development of the Baltic States... ...
15. Ral'f-Martin Soje 2009 god: jekonomicheskij rost 5,6% [Ralph Martin Soe 2009: growth of 5.6%], 2013, Delovye vedomosti [Business News], available at: http://dv.ee/Default2... ... Institucional'nye ramki ustojchivogo razvitija v Vostochnoj Evrope [Institutional framework for sustainable development in Eastern Europe]. In: Oleinik, A., Gaman-Golutvina, O. Administrativnye...
Environmental intensity of economic growth in the Baltic Sea region
... environmental intensity of production. To promote green development, it is advisable to increase the influence of the technological effect by stimulating resource efficiency and switching to the circular economy model.
Tretyakova, E. A.
sustainable development, green economy, economic growth, environmental pressure, North-Western Federal District, Russia
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... development of international tourism in Lithuania are of importance for the growth of economic, social, and cultural welfare. The increasing tourist and recreational attractiveness... ... well as an advantageous quality-price ratio of the services offered contribute to the growth of competitiveness on the international tourism market. Service standards applied... ... Eurostat Statistics in Focus, European Comission, 8 p.
7. Grundey, D. 2008, Managing Sustainable Tourism in Lithuania: Dream or Reality?, Baltic Journal of Sustainability...
Global value chains in the age of uncertainty: advantages, vulnerabilities, and ways for enhancing resilience
... escalating global recession. In analysing the mechanisms of post-pandemic GVC adaptation to uncertainty, we look at the concept of economic resilience and properties of resilient systems (robustness, flexibility, redundancy, and dynamic sustainability). We scrutinise the supply chain resilience model used by leading MNEs (GVC organisers) in their disruption risk ... ... flexibility), and GVC digitalisation. We conclude by outlining windows of opportunity to improve international specialisation and growth patterns, which may open in the 2020s for developing economies, including Russia, due to the ongoing restructuring of GVCs ...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... region. It accounts for 10 % of the country’s total area and 9.5 % of its population. This article aims to trace the patterns of city distribution across the region, to assess the conditions of differently populated cities and towns, and to identify sustainability trends in their socio-economic development. Population change is a reliable indicator of the competitiveness of a city. As a rule, a growing city performs well economically and has a favourable investment climate and high-paid jobs. The analysis revealed that population change occurred at different rates across the federal district in 2002—2017. A result of uneven socio-economic development, this irregularity ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... years across the region, and the gap between the countries will increase.
1. Akhlakova, I. R. 2012, Labor as a factor of economic growth, Teoriya i praktika obshchestvennogo razvitiya [Theory and practice of social development], no. 4, p. 285—287. (in Russ.... ....ru/article/n/indeks-razvitiya-chelovecheskogo-potentsiala-mesto-rossiiv-sovremen...
. (accessed 29.03.2017). (in Russ.)
10. Blancard, S., Hoara,u J. F. 2013, A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: a reappraisal from data envelopment analysis, Economic ...
Some trends and features of investment activity in the Kaliningrad region
... changes in the business environment. The investment mechanism proposed in the new SEZ law could not create a new model for the sustainable development of regional economy.
1. Инвестиции : учебник / отв. ред. В. В. Ковалев.... ... URL:
(дата обращения: 01.03.2016).
15. Ram R. Government Size and Economic Growth: A New Framework and Some Evidence from Cross-Section and Time-Series Data // American Economic Review. 1986. Vol. 76. ...
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
... networks In: Sindakis, S., Theodorou, P. (eds) Global Opportunities for Entrepreneurial Growth: Coopetition and Knowledge Dynamics within and Across Firms, UK. Emerald Publishing... ....
34. Williamson, O. E. 1985, Behavioral Assumptions. In: Williamson, O.E. (ed) The Economic Institutions of Capitalism. Firms, Markets, Relational Contracting, N.Y., The... ... Press, p. 44—52.
35. Porter, M. E. 1985, The Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, NY, Free Press.
36. North, D. C. 1990, Institutions...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
... Conference, 23—24 October 2018, p. 67—73 (In Russ.).
28. Namazi, M., Mohammadi, E. 2018, Natural resource dependence and economic growth: A TOPSIS/DEA analysis of innovation efficiency, Resources Policy, no. 59, p. 544—552. doi:
10.1016/j.... ... Veselinović, I., Stojković, N. 2020, DEA Assessment of Socio-economic Development of European Countries, Management: Journal of Sustainable Business and Management Solutions in Emerging Economies. doi:
The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region
....fi/index.phtml?l=en&s=2362 (accessed 9 July 2012).
7. Schwab, K. (ed.). 2011, The Global Competitiveness Report 2011—2012, World Economic Forum, available at: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GCR_Report_2011—12.pdf (accessed 10 July 2012).
8. Hautamäki, A. 2010, Sustainable Innovation, A New Age of Innovation and Finland’s
Innovation Policy, Sitra Reports 87, available at: http://www.... ... Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development OECD 2011, OECD Science, Technology and Industry Scoreboard 2011: Innovation and Growth in Knowledge Economies, available at: http://www.oecd.org/document/10/0,3746,en_2649_33703_39493962_1_1_1_1,00.html (accessed ...
Urban Development Programme of the Kaliningrad Region
... principles of sustainable development. This strategy aims at creating a favourable living environment and achieving a balance of economic, social and environmental interests.
Градостроительный кодекс РФ от 29 декабря ... ... город. М., 2018.
Спек Дж. Город для пешеходов. М., 2015.
Pustovgarov V. I.
urban development, sustainable growth, architecture, Kaliningrad region, cultural heritage, comfortable living environment, public space, land use planning
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
... Proxies, and People Ideology, Epistemology, and the Measurement of Human Population Growth on Protected Area Edges. Environment and Society, Advances in Research, vol.... ...
15. Anokhin, A., Kropinova, E. 2020, Principles of Sustainable Development for Rural Tourism Synergy, E3S Web of Conferences, vol. 208... ... and demographic development of sparsely populated territories in Šiauliai county. Economics and Management: Current Issues and Perspectives], no. 3 (27), p. 135—143...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... May–July 2020 within the project ‘Social remittances of remigrants for society welfare growth: challenges and experiences in a comparative perspective’, financed by the... ....2011.521361
7. Johnson, B., Sedaca, S. 2004, Diasporas, Émigrés and Development: Economic Linkages and Programmatic Responses. In: A Special Study of the U. S. Agency... ... inovacijų institutas.
17. Gečienė, I., Matulaitis, Š. 2012, Lithuanian Diaspora Role in Sustainable Development of Country, Regional Formation and Development Studies, vol...
Norway’s International Development Assistance Policy in the Current International Environment: Mechanisms of Justification
... implemented bilaterally and multilaterally is an effective mechanism of promoting Norway’s economic and political interests. It is also an important subject for research. The... ....
6. Chiripanhura, B., Niño-Zarazúa, M. 2015, Aid, political business cycles and growth in Africa, Journal of International Development, no. 27, p. 1387—1421.
7... ... (accessed 29.10.2015).
18. Development Co-operation Report 2012: Lessons in Linking Sustainability and Development, 2012, OECD, OECD Publishing, available at: http://dx...
The factors of human capital reproduction financing
... American Journal of Sociology, 1988
Vol. 94. (Supplement). S
The Complementary Roles of Human and Social Capital // Paper presented for an international symposium on The Contribution of Human and Social Capital to Sustained Economic Growth and Well-Being, HRD Canada and the OECD, March 19—21,
Классификация человеческого капитала и инвестиций в него // Балтийский ...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... innovation potential of Russian regions], Region: ekonomika i sociologija [Region: Economics and Sociology], no. 2, pp. 134—145], available at: http://elibrary. ru/download/29424874... ... potencial kak faktor ustojchivogo razvitija regiona [Innovative potential as a factor of sustainable development in the region], available at: http://www. vscc. ac. ru/newsite/jou/30/art30_02... ... kandidata jekonomicheskih nauk: 08.00.05 [Analysis of the relationship between economic growth and the characteristics of the Russian innovation system: summary of dis... candidate...