Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... in the article would help to identify a wider range of alternatives while still taking into account all the typical scenarios. The authors analyse the process of risk management in monotowns from the viewpoint of international practices; and identify structural alternatives of outweighing these risks by considering key relations affecting the implementation of each alternative.
1. Analiticheskiĭ doklad o rezul'tatah vypolnenija proekta «Monoprofil'nye goroda i gradoobrazujushhie predprijatija» [Analytical ...
The Functional and the Instrumental in Market Definition: a Laboratory for Natural Experiments in the Baltics
... Stream and the OPAL — were constructed. Different ways to handle transactions relating to gas supply were employed at the time. We compare these ways and conclude that it is necessary to consider the determinants of a transaction to select the best structural alternative and to avoid choosing a wrong governance structure.
Shastitko A. E., Kurdin A. A.
market, transaction, modes of governance, hierarchy, gas, pipelines
The Image of the World Revealed In Words: Ludwig Wittgenstein and The Iсonic Semiotics
... verbal means, an image can denote both actual, possible and even non-existent entities. This makes it possible to consider a sign as not only a discrete and symbolic phenomenon based on an arbitrary connection between the signified and the signifier. Alternative semiotics can be based on Wittgenstein’s understanding of a sign as a picture, a holistic structure of non-discrete components and a system, which is not construed from given components. It is a system, which forms intra- and intertextual structures. In this way, it will be possible to describe texts that are signs but do not consist of signs ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... situation in monotowns. The study questions the perceived seriousness of the ‘monotown problem’ as well as the actual challenges it presents. The authors use a cluster analysis to divide monotowns into groups for further structural comparison. The structural differences in the available databases limit the possibilities of empirical analysis. Hence, alternative approaches are required. The authors consider possible reasons for the limitations identified. Special attention is paid to the monotowns that were granted the status of advanced development territories. A comparative analysis makes it possible ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... M. Decentralized industrial creativity in dynamic industrial districts // Technological Dynamism in Industrial Districts: An Alternative Approach to Industrialization in Developing Countries? : Papers and Synthesis of Discussions of a Symposium on Industrial ... ... Journal of Regional Science. 2001. № 24(1). P. 21—40.
47. Czamanski S., Czamanski D. Industrial complexes: Their typology, structure and relation to Regional development // Papers of the Regional Science Association. 1977. № 38. P. 93—111.
48. Dicken ...
Improvement of professional training of law enforcement officials at a professional training centre
... technology in the training process at the Regional Professional Training Center has improved the academic performance of police officers. It is stressed that the use of mental maps is a convenient and effective method for thinking visualization and alternative recording, which can be successfully used in developing new ideas, recording thoughts, and analyzing and structuring information, etc.
1. Суходольский М. И. О результатах внедрения в учебный процесс центров профессиональной подготовки блочно-модульных программ ...
Current Scenarios for the Demographic Future of the World: The Cases of Russia and Germany
In this article, we explore the demographic future of the world with a focus on scenarios for Russia and Germany. We seek an alternative to the Western standards of scenarios for global demographic development. We consider demographic development both in a positive and negative sense. Our analysis rests on such theoretical structures as the general theory of population, the classical theory of demographic transition, the concepts of the ‘second’, ‘third’, and ‘fourth’ demographic transitions, and scenarios for the ‘Eurasian demographic development path’....
Integrated approach to the event frame analysis
9. Bartlett F. Remembering: A Study in Experimental and Social Psychology Cambridge, UK, 2004.
10. Garcia-Miguel J. Clause structure and transitivity // Oxford handbook of cognitive linguistics ed. by D. Geeraerts, H. Cuyckens. Oxford, 2007. P. 753—782.... ... Fillmore II Semantics // An Interdisciplinary Reader eds. D. D. Steiberg, L. A. Jokolaits. Cambridge, 1971.
14. Fillmore C. An alternative to checklist theories of meaning // Proceedings of the Berkley Linguistic Society eds. C. Cogen, H. Thompson. Berkley,...
Development of musical hearing during education at different musical departments
... dependence of the perception accuracy of sounds and intervals (absolute and relative musical ear) on the field of musical training. Alternative hypothesis (H1): The accuracy of sound and interval perception (absolute and relative musical ear) depends on the ... ... of sounds (relative music ear) is also high.
1. Hyde K. L., Lerch J., Norton A. et al. The Effects of Musical Training on Structural Brain Development: a longitudinal Study // The Neurosciences and Music III: Disorders and Plasticity. 2009. Vol. ...
The Text and Discourse in the Light of Communicative Meaning Formation
... 1984. Tekstovaya deyatel'nost' v strukture sotsial'noi kommunikatsii: problemy semiosotsiopsikhologii [Text activity in the structure of social communication: the problems of semiosociopsychology]. Moscow.
5. Kolshanskii, G. V., 1980. Kontekstnaya semantika ... ... Frantsuzskaya shkola analiza diskursa [Quadrature of meaning. French school of discourse analysis]. Moscow.
9. Stepanov, Yu. S., 1995. Alternative world, Discourse, Fact and principle of Causality. In: Stepanov, Yu. S., Frumkina, R. M., Rudenko, D. I. et al. Yazyk ...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... challenges. The author analyses the period 2007—2015. Special attention is paid to the port development plan for 2020. The EU Structural Funds has provided a good opportunity to strengthen the competitive position of the port by making investments in the ... ... Nadmorskie [Coastal Regions], no. 23, p. 7—198.
4. Chang, H-J. 2002, Breaking the mould: an institutionalist political economy alternative to the neo-liberal theory of the market and the state, Cambridge Journal of Economics, Vol. 26, no. 5, p. 539—559....
Improving Human Resource Training Policy for the Balanced Economic and Demographic Development of the Kaliningrad Region
... component. The author identifies disproportions in both quantity (lack/excess) and quality (level of training and occupational structure Vs. the needs of the region) of human resources. The number of specialists in the humanities trained at universities ... ....org/10.12775/BGSS.2014.032.
20. Klemeshev, A., Fedorov, G. 2005, From an isolated exclave — to a “development corridor”. Alternative development strategies of the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea, Kaliningrad, 194 p.
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
...,Territorial innovation models: a critical survey, Regional Studies, Vol. 37(3), p. 289—302.
35. Oksanen, E., Williams, J. 1992, An Alternative Factor-analytic Approach to Aggregation of Input—Output Tables, Econiomic Systems Research, no. 4(3), p. 245―256.... ... Management International Review,Vol. 43, no. 3, p. 151―169.
39. Schenk, K.-E. 2003, Economic institutions and complexity: structures, interactions, and emergent Properties, Edward Elgar Publishing Lim ited.
40. Sonis, M., Hewings, J., Guo, D. 2008,...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... conceptual model of the regional economy’s functioning merely increasing the opportunities for rent extraction. The authors predict structural imbalances in the exclave economy at the microlevel, in particular, the article analyses the conceptual model of rent ... ... modernization], Saint Petersburg, p. 261—280.
24. Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M. 1995, Kaliningradskie al'ternativy [Kaliningrad alternatives], Kaliningrad.
25. Metodologicheskie polozhenija po statistike [Methodological Guidelines on Statistics], 1996—2006,...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... razvitiya». Al'ternativy rossiiskogoeksklava na Baltike [From an isolated exclave — to the "corridor of development". Alternatives to the Russian oil in the Baltic], Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
14. Lavrov, S. B., Salnikov, S. S. 1975, Industrial "shift ... ..., models], Rostov-on-Don. (In Russ.)
25. Sukhinin, S. А. 2015, "Primorsky factor" in the modern centro-peripheral structure of the Rostov region: the specificity of manifestation and accounting in the management system, Gosudarstvennoe i munitsipal'noe ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... razvitija». Al'ternativy rossijskogo jeksklava na Baltike [From an isolated enclave — a "corridor development". Alternative to the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea], Kaliningrad, Izdatel'stvo Kaliningradskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta,... ... vzaimodejstvija rossijskoj i litovskoj innovacionnyh struktur [On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovation structures], Balt. reg., no. 2, p. 80—94. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-8.
12. Mezhevich, N. M., Pribyshin, T. K. 2012, Innovacionnaja ...
Kantian Philosophy and ‘Linguistic Kantianism’
... 2000. Explorations in Linguistic Relativity. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Company, pp. 1-25.
17. Kuhn, T., 1996. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, 3rd ed. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
18. Kusch, M., 1988. Husserl and Heidegger ... ... Kant-Studies. Voprosy filosofii, 3, pp. 129-140. (In Russ.)
27. Stroll, A., 1995. Transcendentalism or Naturalism: The Only Alternatives? Dialectica, 49(2/4), pp. 95-111.
28. Stroud, B., 1972. “Ludwig Wittgenstein” by David Pears (Review). The Journal ...
Hemozoin accumulation associated with Opisthorchis felineus infection and the analysis of its role in changing the bile ducts microbiota
... hemozoin and β-hematin // Molecular and biochemical parasitology. 2001. Vol. 113, № 1. P. 1—8.
4. Oliveira M. F. et al. Structural and morphological characterization of hemozoin produced by Schistosoma mansoni and Rhodnius prolixus // Febs letters.... ... Plasmodium strain // PloS one. 2014. Vol. 9, № 11. P. e113519.
8. Truscott M. et al. Schistosoma mansoni hemozoin modulates alternative activation of macrophages via specific suppression of Retnla expression and secretion // Infection and immunity. 2013....
God’s Law or Categorical Imperative: on Crusian Issues of Kantian Morality
... problem date to the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Pointers to the possibility of such influence are semantic and structural similarities of the two thinkers’ systems. Besides, it is an unchallengeable fact that Kant was fairly familiar with ... ... formed the basis of his ethical teaching in the critical period, can be traced to the terms of Crusian philosophy. However, an alternative view is that Kant was primarily influenced by Wolffian philosophy (mainly through Baumgarten), while the direct influence ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... considered to ensure Russia’s military security. Using the structural-functional method, the authors analyse the internal structure of the US BMD in Europe, stages of its implementation, and its influence on the military equilibrium in the region. ... ... Ballistic Missile Defense: An Assessment of Concepts and Systems for U. S. Boost-Phase Missile Defense in Comparison to Other Alternatives Committee, 2012, Washington, 282 p.
28. National Security Strategy, 2015, Washington, 29 p.
29. NATO official: ...
Kant’s Dissertation for the Master’s Degree On Fire and the Transformations of his Ideas of Ethereal Matter
... the relevance of this Master’s dissertation for historical and philosophical studies? To answer this question I analyse the structure and give a brief summary of the dissertation, look at the history of its writing and try to identify the place of this ... ... 1-155.
Kant, I., 2012b. Examination of the Question whether the Rotation of the Earth on its Axis by which it Brings about the Alternation of Day and Night has Undergone any Change since its Origin and How One Can Be Certain of this, which [Question] Was ...