The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... spatial organisation of economy, it is concluded that there is a need to examine network forms from the perspective of regional socioeconomic geography in the context of managerial decision-making. The regional economic geographical approach to studying network forms of spatial organisation makes it possible to take into account not only the organisational features of the network itself, but also their connections to the related contextual conditions. It is an integrated approach, thus, it makes it possible to forecast ...
Changes in the Population Distribution and Transport Network of Saint Petersburg
(accessed 03 April 2016).
6. Development of capacity of the city of St. Petersburg, available at:
(accessed 03 April 2016) (In Russ.)
7. Chen, Chen，Wang, Fa Hui，Xiu, Chun Liang, 2013, The Relationship Between the Spatial Distribution of Commercial Networks and Street Centrality, Changchun. Economic Geography, Vol. 33, no. 10, p. 40—47.
8. Meng, Yan Chun, Tang, Cang Song, 2015, Study on the Trend of Population Spatial Distribution in Being since the Reform and Opening-up:Based on Analyzing the ...
Territorial community local spaces
The article explores the intersection of the concepts of spatial networking and territorial community. The author offers a typology of various forms of spatial networking and describes the main characteristic features of each type. It is substantiated that any form of spatial networking is based on territorial сommunity....
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... of the innovative space. The authors analyze the existing typologies of forms of cooperation in the field of research, technology, and innovation, within which cases of networking are identified. The article gives a definition of interorganizational networks in view of the spatial and structural components of networking. The authors introduce the notion of international interorganizational networks as a special form of international cooperation. A study into the spatial form of interorganizational networks helps explain ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... research on network cooperation is regional integral geoinformation systems (GIS). Modern GIS are successfully used in related fields, such as environmental and climate studies, geology, urban studies, and serve as rather efficient tools of analysing spatial objects and phenomena. One of such systems has been developed and is successfully functioning at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, which makes it possible to use it in studying network cooperation in the framework of crossborder development with the involvement of Kaliningrad municipalities. The key objective set by the authors of the article is to justify the need for studying the emerging network cooperation with the help ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
The study clarifies the concept of spatial networking inherent of various forms of interactions within the territorial socio-economic system of a region. The author offers a classification of spatial networks, identifies and describes types of spatial boundaries of different types of territorial ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
.... A. 1979, Racional'noe i jeffektivnoe ispol'zovanie okeanicheskih bioresursov kak narodnohozjajstvennaja zadacha [Rational and efficient use of ocean biological resources as economic problems], Мoscow, Nauka.
12. Konovalov, A. 2010, Transportation Network in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. In: Zagorsky, A. V. (ed.), The Arctic: A Space of Cooperation and Common Security, Moscow, IMEMO RAN, p. 24—25.
13. Study on the economic effects for Maritime Spatial Planning, 2010, Report of Directorate-General for Maritime Affaires and Fisheries, April.
14. The role of maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development of maritime sectors, 2008, Overview of the applied research methodology, Commissioned ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... of preparing a perspective for territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region and discusses issues related to its implementation. Particular attention is paid to Northwest Russia and Kaliningrad region. Promoting innovation clusters, metropolitan networks and urban-rural partnerships, improving accessibility as well as enhancing maritime spatial planning and management are key issues to be solved in transnational cooperation
— Gdansk Declaration. Sixth Conference of Ministers responsible for spatial planning and development in the Baltic Sea Region, Gdansk ...
Equivocality in Delineating the Borders of a Cluster: The Baltic’s Case
... polarisation approach, which seeks to create new and support the existing nodes of a regional economic system — clusters, technopoles, industrial districts, etc., — has gained wide currency in public administration. The heralds of such forms of spatial networking are various institutional, cultural, organizational, technological, social, and cognitive proximities. Combinations of these proximities create the unique mosaic of a regional milieu. Geographical proximity translates into the boundaries of ...
Spatial development of network entrepreneurial structures of the service industry: a methodology for selecting towns for opening new outlets
This article deals with the phenomenon of genesis and development of network forms in entrepreneurship. Special attention is given to the spatial organization of network entrepreneurial structure’s economic activity under the conditions of geographic broadening of the network interaction scope. The author offers methods of town selection in the process of planning and development of network entrepreneurial structures ...
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... mezhdunarodnyh proizvodstvennyh setej [Economic globalization, production internationalization, creation of international production
networks], Vestnik Rossijskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant State University of Russia], ... ... Kuznetsov, S. V. (ed.), 2013, Prostranstvennoe razvitie jekonomiki makroregiona (na primere Severo-Zapadnogo federal'nogo okruga) [Spatial development of economy of the macroregion (on the example of the Northwest federal district)],
Saint Petersburg, 334 ...
The spatial structure of Baltic Sea ferry services
14. Maiorov, N., Fetisov, V., Krile, S., Miskovic, D. 2019, Forecasting of the route network of ferry and cruise lines based on simulation and intelligent transport systems, Transport Problems, vol. 14, no. 2, p.... ....org/10.20858/tp.2019.14.2.10
15. Myakinenkov, V. M. 2013, Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 71—81. doi:
16. Gumenyuk, I. S., Melnik,...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... European Planning Studies, no. 15, p. 549—566.
19. Tödtling, F., Trippl, M. 2005, One size fits all? Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach, Research Policy, no. 34, p. 1203—1219.
20. Virkkala, S. 2007, Innovation and networking in peripheral areas — a case study of emergence and change in rural manufacturing, European Planning Studies, no. 15, p. 511—529.
Kolesnikov N., Tolstoguzov O.
economic space transformation, core-periphery, spatial inequality, structure of gross regional product
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
... Geography: Global Synthesis], Pearson Education.
28. Takman, B. 1999, Pervyj blickrig. Avgust 1914 [First Blitzkrieg. August 1914], Moscow ; St. Petersbutg.
29. Tarhov, S. А. 2002, Prostranstvennye zakonomernosti jevoljucii transportnyh setej [Spatial patterns of evolution of transport networks], Thes, Ph.D, Moscow, available at: www.mediafire.com (accessed 09.10. 2015).
30. Jenciklopedija uzkokolejnyh zheleznyh dorog «Mladshij brat» [Encyclopedia of narrow gauge railways "younger brother"], available at: http://narrow....
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
19. Short information on the project partners and their role in the IBI Net, 2010, IBI Net Intercountry Business Incubator Network, available at: http://www. ibi-net. eu/project-partners (accessed 20 September 2012).
20. ICTforHealth. Information Communication ... ... eu/fi/teemat/cross-border-solutions/hankkeet/154-complex-development-of-regional-cooperation-in-the-field-of-open-ict-innovations (accessed 17 September 2012).
22. Green cities and settlements — Sustainable spatial development in remote border areas, KARELIA ENPI CBC, available at: http://www. kareliaenpi. eu/fi/teemat/cross-border-solutions/hankkeet/160-green-cities-and-settlements-sustainable-spatial-development-in-remote-border-areas ...
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... 16 January 2016).
3. Zhitin, D. V. 2012, Prostranstvennaya neodnorodnost' migracionnogo dvizheniya Rossii v 1991—2010 gg. [Spatial heterogeneity of Russian migration movement in 1991—2010 gg.], Vestnik S.-Peterb. Un-ta. Ser. 7 [Bulletin of St. Petersburg.... ... Russian geographers, social scientists Association], Rostov-on-Don, no. 3, p. 79—89.
12. Boyd, M. 1989, Family and personal networks in international migration: recent developments and new agendasm, International Migration Review, T. 23, Vol. 3, p. 638—670....
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... Belgorod-Kharkov, 5—7 June 2004, Moscow, p. 82—85.
21. Rodoman, B. B. 2010, Setevye i anizotropnye geograficheskie prostranstva [Network and anisotropic geographical areas]. In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie social'no-jekonomicheskogo ... ... information and communication technologies with issues in sustainable transportation, TTRV372, p.665 -677, available at: www.spatial.ucsb.edu (accessed 01.04.2015).
33. Morgan, K. 2001, The Exaggerated Death of Geography: Localised Learning, Innovation ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... prostranstvennym formam mezhdunarodnoj jekonomicheskoj integracii [Cross-border cooperation in the Baltic region — to the new spatial forms of international economic integration], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta [Bulletin of St. Petersburg University],... ... Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 3,p. 57—64.
13. Fedorov, G. M. 2013, Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU, Baltic Region, no. 1 (15), p. 4—18. doi:10.5922/ 2079-8555-2013-1-1.
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... replaces innovative development. However, it is important to take into account other innovative tools: for instance, interactive network museums in developing innovative tourist attraction objects, e-marketing in introducing innovations in tourist product ... ... V. 2007, Razvitie i prostranstvennaja differenciacija transgranichnogo sotrudnichestva v Baltijskom regione [Development and spatial differentiation of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic region], thesis abstract, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant State University ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... 12, no. 3, p. 89—104. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2020-3-6.
6. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski, M. 2018, Baltic Cooperation in Marine Spatial Planning, Balt. Reg., vol. 10, no. 2, p. 100—113. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2018-2-7.
7. Fischer, J. Alimi, D., Knieling,... ....1080/21681376.2018.1532315.
10. Grönholm, S., Jetoo, S. 2019, The potential to foster governance learning in the Baltic Sea Region: Network governance of the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, Environmental Policy and Governance, vol. 29, no....
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... International Journal of Innovation Science. 2020. № 12 (3). P. 345—362. doi: 10.1108/IJIS-03-2020- 0023.
17. Reidolf M. Knowledge networks and the nature of knowledge relationships of innovative rural SMEs // European Journal of Innovation Management. 2016.... ... post-socialist country: example of Poland // Cities. 2018. № 78. P. 52—59. doi: doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2018.03.011.
22. Sun Y. Spatial distribution of patents in China // Regional Studies. 2000. № 34. P. 441—454. doi: doi.org/10.1080/00343400050058693....
Platform Markets: Their Place in the Theory of Mesoeconomic System: Development and a Challenge to Spatial Studies
... are characterised by the external effects of agglomeration and clusters — by locally specific effects. Platforms are replacing economic zoning and clustering on the research agenda.
Gareev T. R.
platform, platform markets, platform economy, network effects, cluster, conglomerate, local economic zone, mesoeconomic system, agglomeration, spatial economics
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... вопросы концепции «обучающегося региона» // Вестник Томского государственного университета. 2014. № 387. С. 69—74.
10. Albert R., Barabasi A. L. Statistical Mechanics of Complex Networks // Reviews of Modern Physics. 2002. № 74 (1). P. 47—97.
11. Aroca P., Azzoni C., Sarrias M. Regional concentration and national economic growth in Brazil and Chile // Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences. 2018. № 11 (3). P. 343—359.
12. Baldwin R. E., Martin P. Agglomeration and regional growth // Henderson J. V., Thisse J. F. (eds.). Handbook of regional and urban economics. Vol. 4 : Cities and geography. North Holland,...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Baltic macroregion. In transnational macroregions, such typological differences must be taken into account in strategic and spatial planning at the intergovernmental level.
1. Alkhimenko, A. P. 1992, Issues of the regional organization of marine nature ... ... World Ocean], Moscow. (In Russ.)
12. Ivchenko, V. V. 2008, Setevoe programmirovanie razvitiya primorskikh regionov Rossii [Network programming development of coastal regions of Russia], Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
13. Klemeshev, A. P., Fedorov G. M. 2004,...
Border functions as a factor of development of border regions and the formation of cross-border regions
... границы / под ред. Б. Б. Родомана и Б. М. Эккеля. М., 1982.
12. Cappelin R., Batey P. Regional Networks, Border Regions and European Integration. Pion ; L., 1993.
13. Helliwell J. F. Do national borders matter for Quebec's ... ... dissertation. Amsterdam, 2006.
15. Martinez O. J. Border People. Arizona, 1994.
16. Nijkamp P., Rietveld P. and Salomon I. Barriers in Spatial Interactions and Communications. A Conceptual Exploration // The Annals of Regional Science. 1990. Vol. 24. P. 237—252....
The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster
... potential for developing special forms of spatial organisation of regional transport system – transport clusters. This form of spatial organisation is better adapted (in comparison to a transport complex) to the ever-changing conditions of a competitive ... ... in Belgium //Ibid. 2013. № 29. P. 108—110.
3. Martí-Henneberg J. European integration and national models for railway networks (1840—2010) // Ibid. № 26. P. 126—138.
4. Kuhnimhof T., Buehler R., Wirtz M. et al. Travel trends among young ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... Research, no. 4(3), p. 245―256.
36. Pickernell, D., Rowe, P., Christie, M., Brooksbank, D. 2007, Developing a Framework for Network and Cluster Identification for Use in Economic Development Policy-Making, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, no.... ... American Society For Information Science And Technology, no. 57(11), p. 1451―1460.
45. Yang, G., Stough, R., Haynes, K. 2008, Spatial and functional clustering: a comparative analysis of the Baltimore and Washington DC metropolitan regions in the US. In: ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
The uniqueness of a territorial socio-economic system lies in the specific features of spatial networking of economic entities that form clusters of excellence and ensure the competitiveness of the entire system. Identifying the key elements of territorial capital is a global challenge faced by modern regional policy. I analyse the background for,...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... international politics: to the question of modeling the process of regionalization, Studia Humanitatis Borealis, no. 1 (2), p. 30—41. (In Russ)
12. Lachininskii, S. S., Lachininskii, А. S., Semenova, I. V. 2016, The geoeconomic factor in formation of spatial structure of the St. Petersburg coastal area, Regional Research of Russia, Vol. 6, no. 4, p. 323—331.
13. Mezhevich, N. M. 2003, The Baltic region: constructivist specifics and political results. 2003, Megaregion — Network Confederation, available at:
(accessed 12.02.2016). (in Russ)
14. Mezhevich N. M., Kretinin G. V., Fedorov G. M. 2016, Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, ...
About one training course of mathe-matical modeling
... M., Wolfe P. An algorithm for quadratic programming // Naval research logistics quarterly. 1956. Vol. 3, N 1–2. P. 95–110.
6. Nesterov Y., de Palma A. Stationary Dynamic Solutions in Congested Transportation Networks: Summary and Perspectives // Networks Spatial Econ. 2003. N 3(3). P. 371—395.
7. Вильсон А. Дж. Энтропийные методы моделирования сложных систем. М., 1978.
8. Ortúzar J. D., Willumsen L. G. Modelling transport. JohnWilley & Sons, 2011....
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
... scientific connections at the national and international level; the third, the “silent” cities, which do not show any activity in any way.
Mikhaylov A. S., Mikhaylova A. A., Hvaley D. V.
knowledge generation, science centre, intellectual capital, spatial bibliometrics, city typology, research network, knowledge production function
When and why regional clusters become basic building blocks of modern economy
... innovation-driven model of growth. We provide an overview of the contribution of various theoretical frameworks (evolutionary theory, spatial development theory, theory of technological change and system innovation, and Porter’s competitiveness theory) to the ... ... developing collaboration among economic agents. We show that clusters occupy a central place among various types of business networks and have a comparative edge making them key building blocks of the modern industrial landscape. Further, we explain how ...
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
... Becattini G. Riflessioni sul distretto industriale marshalliano come concetto socioeconomic // Statoe Mercato. 1989. № 25. P. 111—128.
22. Camagni R. Introduction: from the local «milieu» to innovation through cooperation networks // Innovation networks: spatial perspectives. L., 1991. P. 1—8.
23. Cooke P., Morgan K. The Network Paradigm: New Departures in Corporate and Regional Development // Environment and Planning D: Society and Space. 1993. № 11. P. 543—564.
24. Debresson Ch. Breeding innovation ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
....192—198. (in Russ.)
25. Limonov, L. E. (ed.) 2014, Regional'naya ekonomika i prostranstvennoe razvitie [Regional economy and spatial development], T. 1, Moscow, p. 292. (in Russ.)
26. Savinova, O. V. 2014, Regional competition and pessimistic forecasts ... ... delovykh tsentrov sub"ektov Rossiiskoi Federatsii za rubezhom: metodicheskie rekomendatsii [Creation and development of a network of information business centers of the subjects of the Russian Federation abroad: methodical recommendations], St. Petersburg,...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
... areas of Russia, Germany, and Poland and the entire territories of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. New spatial forms of international economic cooperation develop in the region. The region is not homogeneous in terms of socioeconomic ... ... Baltic region and Russia in the Baltic Sea: the specifics of positioning], Megaregion — setevaja konfederacija [Megaregion — Network Confederation], 4 October, available at:
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
This article explores the current condition and spatial dynamics of the key socioeconomic processes in the coastal zone of the European subcontinent at the turn of the 20th century.... ... geography of the world Ocean], Moscow.
13. Ivchenko, V. V. 2008, Setevoe programmirovanie razvitija primorskih regionov Rossii [Network programming development of the coastal regions of Russia], Kaliningrad.
14. Issledovanija Mirovogo okeana v XX v. [Study ...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... experienced positive net migration. This active migration into the region has contributed to the development of “migration networks” and established a new basis for further population increase through migration. The article describes changes in the ... ... Analiz prostranstvennoj mobil'nosti naselenija Kaliningradskoj oblasti i voprosy migracionnogo regulirovanija [Analysis of the spatial mobility of the population of the Kaliningrad region and the issues of migration control], Region sotrudnichestva [Region ...
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
... urban development it is possible to identify the interaction between the managerial process and mechanism; bring together the spatial and activity-related concepts of territorial development; and explain the phenomenon in question from both general and ... ... Geography of Economic Governance, Die Erde, Vol. 140, no. 4, p. 371—390.
7. Taylor, P. J. 2001, Specification of the World Cities Network, Geographical Analysis, no. 2, p. 181—194.
8. The Economist. World in Figures, 2011, available at: http:// www.economist....
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... state, region and a company or a university. This article considers the level of development of knowledge-based economy in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland at each of the three levels, as well as descripes the spatial differentiation of innovative activity within the Baltic region. The analysis is done on the basis of national and international research, as well as statistical data on the intensity of research and development, structure of research expenditure,...
Opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region and offers methodology for it. The author outlines types of the information required: genetic types of natural landscapes, spatial settlement and land use features, and the network components of the landscapes environment.
1. Berg, L. S. 1915. Izv. RGO, Part. 51, Vyp. 9, pp. 463—475.
2. Vedenin, Ju. A. Kuleshova, M. E. 2001. Izv. RAN, Ser. geogr.,№ 1, pp. 7—14.
3. Vedenin, Ju. A., Kuleshova, M. E. Kul'turnye landshafty ...