The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... Asian countries to Russia: economic and sociological research], Moscow, 189 p. (in Russ.).
3. Wagner, V. 2020, Migration and Mobility in Eastern Europe and Central Asia: What to Expect in the Time of COVID-19? Information note. May 27, 2020. International ... ... the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Position of Labor Migrants from Central Asia in Russia. Central Asia and the Caucasus, Journal of Social and Political Studies, vol. 21, no. 3, p. 58—70. doi:
5. Ryazantsev, S. V., ...
City transport in Kaliningrad during the Soviet era: family photo archives
... to analyse the socio-cultural significance of transport development in the USSR within the framework of ‘visual turn’ in social sciences and the humanities. The author uses family photo archives of the 1950s—1980s, presented in the "People's ... ... the life of the Soviet people.
1. Gatejel L. The Wheels of Desire. Automobility Discourses in the Soviet Union //Towards Mobility. Varieties of Automobilism in East and West. Corporate History Department of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft Manfred Grieger,...
Moscow and its region: structural and functional transformations
... Globalized World. Univ. of California, 2018. P. 399.
27. Wolman A. The Metabolism of Cities // Scientific American. 1965. № 213 (3). P. 178—193.
28. Yanitsky O. Towards an Eco-City: Problems of Integrating Knowledge with Practice // International Social Science Journal. 1982.Vol. 34, № 3. P. 469—480.
Yanitsky O. N.
adaptation, globalization, city, metabolism, mobility, STR-4, structural-functional transformations, Russia
An “ideal city”, its statics and dynamics
... municipal workers have to be formed. It is stated that a practical realization of any ‘ideal city’ project is neither a ‘social project’ in a traditional sense, nor a set of indices that have to be followed. An ‘ideal city’ project is a model ... ... uninterrupted process of transformation of social, material, informational and other interrelated components of such city mobile whole.
1. Вернадский В. И. Публицистические статьи / отв. ред. В. П. Волков....
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... Case of Post-Accession Migrants, Work, Employment and Society, vol. 32, no. 5, p. 868—886. doi:
4. Grabowska, I. 2018, Social remittances: Channels of diffusion. In: The impact of Migration on Poland: EU Mobility and Social Change, UCL Press.
5. Levitt, P. 1998, Social Remittances: Migration Driven Local-Level Forms of Cultural Diffusion, International Migration Review, vol. 32, no. 4, p. 926—948.
6. Levitt, P., Lamba-Nieves, D. 2011, Social Remittances Revisited,...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
... media images depend crucially on the migration motives. For millennials, the priority is employment and career growth, whilst for the reform generation, it is finding a comfortable place to live in old age.
1. Golenkova, Z. T., Sushko, P. E. 2016, Social mobility in the context of migration biographies of Russians, Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological studies], no. 12, p. 95—104 (in Russ.).
2. Lyalina, A. V. 2019, The role of migration in the demographic development of the Kaliningrad region,...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... Circularity within the EU: the return intentions of Latvian migrants // Return Migration and Regional Development in Europe: Mobility Against the Stream. L., 2016. P. 215—240.
31. McCollum D., Apsīte-Beriņa ... ... metropolis? The case of Riga, Latvia // Cities. 2012. Vol. 29, № 5, P. 334—340.
33. Kamenska A., Tumule J. Migrants’ Access to Social Protection in Latvia // Migration and Social Protection in Europe and Beyond. Vol. 1. Springer, 2020. P. 257—270.
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... prostranstvennoj mobil'nosti naselenija Kaliningradskoj oblasti i voprosy migracionnogo regulirovanija [Analysis of the spatial mobility of the population of the Kaliningrad region and the issues of migration control], Region sotrudnichestva [Region of cooperation],... ... материалы международ-ной конференции. In: Fedorov, G. M., Emelyanova, L. L. (eds.), 2008, Migracija i social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie stran regiona Baltijskogo morja [Migration and
socio-economic development of the Baltic Sea ...
The issues of the post-war demobilization of military officers (1945—1948)
The article analyses demobilization of officers of the USSR armed forces after the Great Patriotic war in 1945—1948. Six mobilization rounds were carried out to reduce the size of the Armed Forces during this period, and more than 1.3 million officers ... ... and the relocation was paid by the state. Meanwhile, the unprecedented and immense demobilization led to certain challenges in socialization for the returned front-line soldiers. Archive documents and oral sources demonstrate a military impact on employment,...
Human capital of young public and political figures: A resource approach
... Ungeichheiten (Soziale Welt, S.-H. 2) / ed. R. Kreckel. Goettingen, 1983.
11. Coleman J. Social Capital in the Creation of Human Capital // American Journal of Sociology. 1988. Vol. 94. Suppl. P. 95—120.
12. Goldthorpe J. H. et al. Social Mobility and Class Structure in Modern Britain. Oxford, 1987.
13. Grusky D. B. The Past, Present, and Future of Social Inequality // Social Stratification. Class, Raсe, and Gender in Sociological Perspective / ed. by D. B. Grusky. Boudler, 2001. P. 3—39....
Youth unemployment in the Latgale region of Latvia: causes and consequences
... online survey of respondents in 2016. The results of the study were processed using the Statistika program. The transformation of social and economic processes in the world, Europe and the post- Soviet space has led to changes in the labor market of young ... ... subjective, contradictory, which continue to this day. It is established that the behavioral rationalism of young people (labor mobility, vocational education, etc.) in the regional labor market is combined with its behavioral irrationalism (lack of desire ...
The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s
... (1989—2010 gg.): centro-periferijnye vzaimodejstvija [Changes in the population of administrative districts and cities of Russia (1989—2010): Center-periphery interaction], Voprosy geografii [Questions of geography], T. 135 (Geography of Population and Social Geography), p. 82—107.
6. Karachurina, L. B., Mkrtchyan, N. V. 2012, Migracionnaja podvizhnost' molodezhi i sdvigi v vozrastnoj strukture naselenija gorodov i rajonov Rossii (1989—2002) [Migration mobility of young people and changes in the age structure of the population of cities and regions of Russia (1989—2002)]. In: Polyan, P. M., Treyvish, A. I. (comp.), 2012, Geograficheskoe polozhenie i territorial'nye struktury: pamjati
I. M. Maergojza ...
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
One of the key manifestations of globalisation is an increase in the spatial mobility of population involving growing numbers of people into international migration processes. This article is an attempt ... ... regionalizacii v sovremennom mire, Regional'naya ehkologiya, no. 3—4, p. 15—22.
2. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Population Division, 2016, available at: http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/migration/ data/estimates2/estimates15....
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... Hanisch M. Understanding social innovation processes in rural areas: Empirical evidence from social enterprises in Germany // Social Enterprise Journal. 2020. № ahead-of-print. doi: 10.1108/SEJ-12-2019-0093.
14. Mikhaylov A. S., Mikhaylova A. A., Lachininskii ... ... innovation case study: using light sites to drive rural coverage — Huawei RuralStar and MTN Ghana. GSMA. 2019. URL: //
fordevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Huawei_RuralStar_MTN_Ghana_Ru ral_Innovation_Connectivity_Case_Study_Nov.pdf ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
At the present stage of social development in Europe and Russia, studies analyzing and evaluating ethnic and national borders are of increasing relevance.... ... of post-Soviet states do not coincide with the ethnic ones and, therefore, the attempts to consolidate states through ethnic mobilization meet corresponding resistance from groups with a different identity. In the Baltic region, these processes have not ...
The relationship between transport accessibility and quality of life in rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... A Report about the Origin of Central Places // Man Space and Environment / ed. by P. W. English, R. C. Mayfield. Oxford, 1972. S. 601—610.
Yustratova V. O.
transport, transport accessibility, transport system, rural locality, quality of life, social mobility
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... waste programme for Europe, Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, Brussels, available at:
http://ec.europa.eu/environment/circulareconomy/pdf/circular-economy-communication.... ... Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things, New York.
29. Bouton, Sh., Knupfer, S. M., Mihov, I., Swartz, S. 2015, Urban mobility at a tipping point: how to keep cities moving, McKinsey, available at:
International Migration in the Periods of Transition and Crisis: the Case of Latvia
17. Krišjāne Z., Berzins M., Apsite E. Post-accession migration from the Baltic states. The case of Latvia // Mobility in Transition. Migration Patterns after EU Enlargement / eds. B. Glorius [et al.]. Amsterdam, 2013. P. 85—109.
18.... ... 688—702.
21. Rethinking Transnationalism. The Meso-link of organisations / ed. L. Pries.L., 2008.
22. New Transnational Social Spaces. International migration and transnational companies in the early twenty-first century / ed. L. Pries. L.; N. Y....
International cross-border migration in the South-East Baltic: factors, structure, consequences
... migration processes in the South-East Baltic (volume, structure, directions) and the analysis of factors affecting migration mobility of the population as well as the assessment of migration influence on the socioeconomic development of three border territories.... ... Obserwatorium Rynky Pracy: raport 5/2008/. Gdansk: Instytut Badan nad Gospodarka Rynkowa.
14. Population migration // Population and social statistics // Database of Indicators.Statistics Lithuania. [online] Available at: <http://db1.stat.gov.lt/ statbank/SelectTable/omrade0....
Faculty recruitment by the Kaliningrad Pedagogical Institute in 1948–the 1950s
... of faculty recruitment in the first decade of the pedagogical institute. Although our project is still in the early stages, we can conclude that faculty recruitment had some controversial features. This is why the database includes sections on the social and professional characteristics of the faculty and mobility paths.
1. Баранова Е. В. Социальные характеристики переселенческой интеллигенции в Калининграде в 1940—50-е гг. // Естественнонаучные методы ...
Socially efficient entry barriers?
.... M. 1979, Diagnosing Monopoly, Quarterly Review of Economics and Business, Vol. 19, no. 2, p. 7—33.
20. Gilbert, R. 1989, Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency, Handbook of Industrial Organization, Vol. 1, Ch. 8, p.475—535.
21. Grossman, ... ... 11, no. 2, p. 399—420.
29. Weinstein, N. D. 1980, Unrealistic optimism about future life events, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 39, no. 5, November, p. 806—820.
Shastitko Andrei E., Pavlova Natalia S.
entry barriers, competition ...
Geography of Electoral Volatility in the Warmia and Mazury Voivodeship of Poland
... the phase of stabilization, the electoral volatility indices in different geographical areas changed due to a combination of social and political factors. The authors show that the ‘looseness’ of the Polish party system affect the electoral volatility ... ... Tomczak, Ł. (red.), 2010, Wybory do sejmików województw w 2006 roku, Wrocław.
8. Gusev, N. V. 2010, Factors of electoral mobility in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, Vestnik Permskogo universiteta. Seriya Politologiya, no. 1, p. 25—30....
Billionaires and Millionaires of the Baltic Sea Region: A Comparative Analysis of National Business Elites
... their number, total wealth, gender composition, average number of children in their families, geographical distribution, global mobility, industry specialization, a tendency towards oligarchy, and others. Germany’s business elites are strong and are characterized ... ... politologiya, no. 2, p. 37—58. (in Russ.)
2. Rakhmanov, A. B. 2015, The conception of the transnational capitalist class in the social thought in the late 20th and the early 21st centuries (perspectives of L. Sklair, W. Robinson and J. Harris),Vestnik Moskovskogo ...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
... innovative development indices; however, the NWFD shows an increase in such indices in catches up in terms of individual indices (mobile communication density and Internet access availability). The authors offer sketch maps showing similarities in the character ... ... [Capital of the country], available at: http://kapital-rus.ru/articles/article/180465 (accessed 24 May 2012).
2. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jeconomicheskie pokazateli. 2011 [Regions of Russia.Socio-economic indicators. 2011], 2011, Moscow, Federal State Statistics....
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... undergraduates, doctoral students, and scientists of the European Union and countries in the EU. 2012—2013], available at: http://mobility.ukgu.kz/download/Европейские стипендии и гранты.pdf (accessed 10 January 2013).
4. Indikatory ... ... observatorija [Cluster observatory], available at: http://www.clusterobservatory.eu/ (accessed 22.12.2012).
9. Koncepcija dolgosrochnogo social'no — jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda. (Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 17.11....
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
14. Triandafyllidou, A., Nalbandian, L. 2020, Covid-19 and the transformation of migration and mobility globally — “Disposable” and “essential”: Changes in the global hierarchies of migrant workers after COVID-19,... ... tendentsii i vyzovy sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya [Monitoring the economic situation in Russia: trends and challenges of social and economic development], no. 15 (117), June, p. 138—148 (in Russ.)
19. Meardi, G., Artiles, A., Remo, O. van den Berg,...
Between profession and public engagement: Evolution of the public history movement in America
... профессия // Науки о человеке: история дисциплин. М., 2015. С. 421—451.
3. Anderson R. Mobile history: Bread and community // Public History Commons. 2013. 23 Oct. URL:
... ... American Life. N. Y., 1998.
42. September 11 Digital Archive // Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media and American Social History. 2002—2016. URL:
(дата обращения: 25.03.2016).
43. Shopes L. Responding ...