The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
Promoting the development of social geography (one of the most important components of present-day social sciences) is especially important for contemporary Russia. In the last 25 years Russian social geography has seen dramatic disciplinary changes. On the one hand, it has widened ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... prostranstva [Why there is no compression of social and geographical space]. In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie social'nojekonomicheskogo prostranstva: novoe v teorii regional'nogo razvitija i praktike ego gosudarstvennogo regulirovanija ... ... 2009, The Geography of transport systems, New York, Routledge, 352 p.
35. Warf, B. 2008, Time Space Compression: Historical Geographies, NY, Routledge.
36. Warf, B. 2011, Teaching Time-Space Compression, Journal of Geography in Higher Education, no....
Social Facilitation: the Kaliningrad Region and Russian Mainland Regions
The authors look at the concept of social facilitation as a possible component of Russian social consolidation in the course of social reforms. The article focuses on the results of an empirical study of the levels and characteristics of competence in social facilitation, which is here ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
Reinvigorating Russia’s development strategy requires a comparison between the social development of the Russian Federation and other Baltic region states, some of which are world leaders in terms of living standards. The most popular tools for country comparison are composite indices that take into account various components affecting ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... the example of Makhachkala), Sovremennye problemy distancionnogo zondirovaniya Zemli iz kosmosa, Vol. 5, no. 2, p. 477—482. (In Russ.)
8. Dmitriev, V. V., Kaledin, N. V. 2016. Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 87—98. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-2-7.
9. Kurolap, S. A., Klepikov, O. V. (eds.), 2015, Integral'naya ehkologicheskaya ocenka sostoyaniya gorodskoj sredy ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
The article describes the results of an integral assessment of the regional social, environmental and economic systems (SEES) and the quality of life (QOL) in the regions of Russia’s Northwestern Federal District (NWFD). This work aims at giving an integrated assessment of SEES in the Arkhangelsk and Murmansk regions in comparison ...
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
... from other branches of both geography and economics. The only way this discipline can return to its former glory is by going all the way back to doing proper spatial research.
1. Agirrechu, А. А. 2014, Struktura i dinamika zashhit dissertacij po social'nojekonomicheskoj geografii v Rossii v 2000-e gody [Structure and dynamics of a thesis on the social and economic geography in Russia in the 2000s], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 1 (43), p. 152—153.
2. Anuchin, V. А. 1963,...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
21. Korovitsyna, N. V. 2019, Kak zhivut tsentral’noevropeitsy posle «barkhatnykh» revolyutsii. Polyaki, chekhi, slovaki [How do the Eastern Europeans live after velvet revolutions], Moscow, IE RAS (In Russ.).
22. Gabarta, A. A. 2017, Social and economic model of Central European countries, Sovremennaya Evropa [Contemporary Europe], no. 7, p. 104—113 (In Russ.).
23. Drynochkin, A. V. 2015, Problems of economic evaluation of the transformation of the Visegrad countries, Sovremennaya ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... exclave status, the Kaliningrad region has been drawing attention of many researchers in different fields. Yet the prospects for cooperation between the region and neighbouring communities in Poland and Lithuania, which once constituted an integrated social, economic and political space, remain unclear. Media analysts and scholars alike tend to view the Kaliningrad region as “double periphery”, since it is excluded from major modernisation processes both in the European integration zone and in ...
Social media interfaces as a representation of cultural meanings
... the U. S. Public Relations Journal, 5 (4), pp. 1—16.
Takahashi, T., 2010. MySpace or Mixi? Japanese Engagement with SNS (Social Networking Sites) in the Global Age. New Media and Society, 12 (3), pp. 453—475.
Papacharissi, Z., 2009. The Virtual Geographies of Social Networks: a Comparative Analysis of Facebook, LinkedIn and ASmallWorld. New Media and Society, 11 (1—2), pp. 199—229.
Zhao, S., Shchekoturov, AV., Shchekoturova, S. D., 2017. Personal Profile Settings as Cultural Frames: Facebook versus Vkontakte....
Current Issues in the Geodemographic Studies in Russia
... geodemographic management in regions of different types. The cluster approach is used to identify types of Russian regions on the basis of both natural and migration-related change. The author identifies correlations between demographic and economic, social, residential, ethnic and environmental demographic indicators; and describes the possibilities of geodemographic situation management stemming from the typological features of the region. The work seeks to draw attention to further development ...
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... Prostranstvo i razvitie Rossii: polimasshtabnyj analiz [Space and Development in Russia: Analysis polimasshtabny], Vestnik Rossijskoj akademii nauk [Bulletin of the Russian Academy
of Sciences], Vol. 79, no. 2, p. 101—112.
2. Smith, A. 2002, Imagining geographies of the ‘new Europe’: geo-economic power and the new European architecture of integration, Political Geography, Vol. 21.
3. Gubanova, T. E. (comp.), 1987, Jekonomicheskaja i social'naja geografija v SSSR: Istorija i sovremennoe razvitie [Economic and social geography of the USSR:History and current development], Moscow.
4. Polyan, P. M., Treyvish A. I. (comp.), 2012, Pamjati I. M. Maergojza [Memory I. M. Maergoiz], Moscow....
The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s
... (1989—2010 gg.): centro-periferijnye vzaimodejstvija [Changes in the population of administrative districts and cities of Russia (1989—2010): Center-periphery interaction], Voprosy geografii [Questions of geography], T. 135 (Geography of Population and Social Geography), p. 82—107.
6. Karachurina, L. B., Mkrtchyan, N. V. 2012, Migracionnaja podvizhnost' molodezhi i sdvigi v vozrastnoj strukture naselenija gorodov i rajonov Rossii (1989—2002) [Migration mobility of young people and changes in the ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
This article evaluates the social wellbeing of rural municipalities of the Kaliningrad region. The degree of social wellbeing is assessed on the basis of an analysis of statistical data and expert evaluations. Rural districts were identified in the Kaliningrad region on the basis ...
Equivocality in Delineating the Borders of a Cluster: The Baltic’s Case
... regional economic system — clusters, technopoles, industrial districts, etc., — has gained wide currency in public administration. The heralds of such forms of spatial networking are various institutional, cultural, organizational, technological, social, and cognitive proximities. Combinations of these proximities create the unique mosaic of a regional milieu. Geographical proximity translates into the boundaries of spatial networks, which rarely follow the existing administrative divisions. Thus,...
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
This article develops a methodology for studying the geography of companies — an area of human geography that remains understudied in Russia. The authors refer to foreign direct investment (FDI) studies to stress the importance of analysing individual transnational corporations. Special attention is paid to FDI statistics, including international statistics provided by IMF, OECD, and UNCTAD, the official data of central banks on FDI destinations, and information on companies’ assets by geographical...
The Baltics in the Geography of the Largest Transnational Corporations of Europe
... Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 8, no. 1, Spring-Summer, p. 23—32.
6. Klaus, E. 2006, Europe’s Borders: The Narrative Construction of the Boundaries of Europe, European Journal of Social Theory, Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 255—271.
7. Gromyko, A. A., Fedorov, V. P. (eds.), 2014, Bol'shaja Evropa. Idei, real'nost', perspektivy [Greater Europe. Ideas, Reality and Prospects], Moscow.
8. Kuznetsov, А. V. 2014, Korporativnaja karta mira ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... St. Petersburg.
19. Сommunication from the Сommission to the European parliament, the council, the European economic and social committee and the committee of the regions. An Integrated Maritime Policy for the European Union. Brussels, 2007, 10 October,... ... at: URL: http://ec.europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/policy/blue_growth/infographics/# (accessed 12.03.2014).
39. Verlaque, Ch. 1974, Geographie des transports maritimes, Paris.
coastal regions, Europe, EU, socioeconomic development, maritime ...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
2. Kashnitsky I., Aburto J. M. The pandemic threatens aged rural regions most // OSF Preprints. 2020. URL:
(дата обращения: 08.09.2020).
3. Mogi R., Spijker J. The influence of social and economic ties to the spread of COVID-19 in Europe // SocArXiv. 2020.
4. Raifman M. A., Raifman J. R. Disparities in the population at risk of severe illness from COVID-19 by race/ethnicity and income ...
Countries of the Baltic Region in the Global Culinary Space
... the environmental and socio- historical factors key determinants of the countries’ cuisines.
1. Veselov, Yu. V. 2015, Everyday practices of eating, Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya, no. 1, p. 95—104. (In Russ.)
2. Veselov, Yu V. 2015, Modern social system of eating, Zhurnal sociologii i social'noj antropologii, no. 1, p. 68—82. (In Russ.)
3. Gladkij, Yu. N., Kornekova, S. Yu. 2015, Geographical properties of evolution of gastronomical cultures of Russia, Uchenye zapiski Zabajkal'skogo gosudarstvennogo ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... for the Baltic Sea region: Where are we now?] Baltijskij region [Baltic Region], no. 2 (4), p. 44—47. doi: 10.5922/2074-9848-2010-2-4
6. Pilyasov, А. N. 2010, Otvety na voprosy [Questions and answers]. In: Druzhinin, A. G., Shuvalov, V. E. Teorija social'no-jekonomicheskoj geografii: spektr sovremennyh vzgljadov [The theory of social and economic geography: the spectrum
of contemporary views], Rostov-on-Don.
7. Fedorov, G. М., Zverev, Yu. М., Korneevets, V. S. 2008, Rossija na Baltike: 1990—2007 ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Socio-economic aspects of studying the coastal zone of the ocean, Voprosy geografii, Morskie berega [Questions of geography, Seaside beaches], no. 119, Moscow, St. Petersburg, p. 11—18. (In Russ.)
10. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016, Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 57—67. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-2-5.
11. Zalogin, B. S. 1984, Ekonomicheskaya geografiya Mirovogo okeana [Economic geography of the World Ocean], ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
This article defines coastal zones as a priority subject of studies in social geography and interprets coastalisation of population and economy as a key indicator of the development of a coastal zone. The author stresses the inverted coastalisation in Russia at the macro- and meso-levels and identifies its causes. The article ...
Digital World Communication аnd Translation
... are also compelling and legitimate reasons for contextualizing translation within the broader, global communication universe, positioning it wholly within the digital sphere.
Ackland, R., 2013. Web Social Science. Concepts, Data and Tools for Social Scientists in the Digital Age. Los Angeles: SAGE Publications.
Ash, J., Kitchin, R. and Leszczynski, A. eds., 2019. Digital Geographies. London: SAGE Publications.
Athique, A., 2013. Digital Media and Society: An Introduction. Cambridge: Polity Press.
Barney, D., Coleman, G., Ross, C., Sterne, J. and Tembeck, T. eds., 2016. The Participatory Condition in the Digital Age....
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... development of tourism in the region. Historically, the barriers of state borders hampered the development of tourism; and tourism was seen as an activity bringing no economic benefits to regions since most Soviet citizens travelled as beneficiaries of social programmes. This article aims to research prospects of tourism and recreation development of Russia’s northwestern border regions. The author analyses statistical and analytical data and does the content analysis of regional strategies for tourism ...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... M. 2016, Community-based tourism in practice: evidence from three coastal communities in Bohuslän, Sweden, Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, no. 33, p. 71–78. doi: 10.1515/bog-2016-0025.
11. Farsari, I. 2018, A structural approach to social representations of destination collaboration in Idre, Sweden, Annals of Tourism Research, no. 71, p. 1—12. doi: 10.1016/j.annals.2018.02.006.
12. Lundberg, E. 2017, The importance of tourism impacts for different local resident groups: A case ...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
... geografii. Sb. 135: Geografija naselenija i social'naja geografija [Questions of geography. Coll. 135: Geography of Population and Social Geography], Moscow, p. 302—322.
18. Levchenkov, А. V. 2006, Transformacija sistemy sel'skogo rasselenija byvshej Vostochnoj ... ... Kreis Gerdauen, Würzburg.
24. Barran, F. R. 1988, Städte-Atlas Ostpreußen, Leer, 223 S.
25. Diercke-Wörterbuch Allgemeine Geographie, 1997, Verlag Westermann.
26. Eisenbahn Kurier Special, 1999, no. 52, Ostpreußen.
27. Grabo, R. 1910, Die ostpreußische ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
12. Savitskiy, P. N. 1997, Kontinent-Okean (Rossiya i mirovoy rynok). Kontinent-Evraziya [Continent-Ocean (Russian and world market). Eurasia Continent], Moscow, p. 398—418.
13. Cowen, D. 2009,Neil Smith after Geopolitics? From the Geopolitical Social to Geoeconomics, Antipode, Vol. 41, no. 1, p. 22—48.
14. Pokshishevskiy, V. V. 1975, Theoretical aspects of gravity settling to the sea coast and experience quantify this attraction, Izvestiya VGO, Vol. 107, no. 1, p. 87—96. (In Russ.)
The territorial structure of productive forces of Russian North-West in the 2000—2010s
... having overcome the crisis of the 1990s, the economy of the Russian North-West displays an overall positive trend of coming back to the territorial structures of the beginning of the 20th century.
1. Gde v Rossii luchshe zhit'. Osnovnye pokazateli social'no-jekonomicheskogo polozhenija subektov Rossijskoj Federacii v 2010 g. [Where better to live in Russia. The main indicators of socio-economic status of the Russian Federation in 2010],
Rossijskaja gazeta, 2011, no. 5430, 16 March 2011.
2. Informacija ...
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
... local statistics, institutional documents, and structured interviews revealed that the conservation regime applied in regional parks did not necessarily encourage local people to stay or newcomers to arrive. Proximity to the sea and towns with developed social infrastructure remains a priority when looking for a residence in the countryside.
1. Güler, K., Kâhya, Y. 2019, Developing an Approach for Conservation of Abandoned Rural Settlements in Turkey, ITU A|Z Journal of Faculty of Architecture,...
Billionaires and Millionaires of the Baltic Sea Region: A Comparative Analysis of National Business Elites
... class of contemporary Russia and its main characteristics, Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 18: Sotsiologiya i politologiya, no. 2, p. 37—58. (in Russ.)
2. Rakhmanov, A. B. 2015, The conception of the transnational capitalist class in the social thought in the late 20th and the early 21st centuries (perspectives of L. Sklair, W. Robinson and J. Harris),Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 18: Sotsiologiya i politologiya, no. 2, p. 98—114. (in Russ.)
3. Brinded, L. 2016, These are ...
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
... 56—62. (In Russ.)
8. Balabeykina O., Martynov V. 2015, Lutheranism in Finland: Past and Present, Balt. Reg., Vol. 7, no. 4, p. 113—121. DOI 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-9.
9. Eydemiller, K. Yu. 2015, The role of Muslim communities in transformation of social, cultural and political space of the countries of Northern Europe, Doctorate thesis in Geography, Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, St. Petersburg, 182 p. (In Russ.)
10. Eydemiller, K. Yu. 2011, Islam in Northern Europe. In: Islam ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... Central and Eastern Europe / ed. I. Borowik,G. Babiński. Kraków, 1997.
8. Cipko A. Razmyšleniâ o prirode i pričinah kraha postsovetskogo liberalizma //Vestnik Analityki. 2004. N 3(17). P. 4—24.
9. Cockerham W. C. Health lifestyles in Russia // Social Science & Medicine.2000. № 51. P. 1313—1324.
10. Europa Wschodnia — Ameryka Łacińska. Pozycja jednostki i system rządu /ed. K. Complak. Wrocław, 2002.
11. Cubbins L. A., Szaflarski M. Family effects on self-reported health among Russian ...
Territorial-political and regional geopolitical systems: correlation of concepts
... political geographical studies. The author wishes to thank his colleagues from Saint Petersburg State University for their comments on earlier versions.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Socialno-ekonomicheskaja geografija: Ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar [Social and economic geography: the conceptual vocabulary], Мoscow, Mysl.
2. Bagrov, N. V. 2001. Objekt, predmet, bazovye kategorii regionalnogo geopoliticheskogo analiza [Object, subject, basic categories of regional geopolitical analysis], Kultura narodov ...
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... Hanisch M. Understanding social innovation processes in rural areas: Empirical evidence from social enterprises in Germany // Social Enterprise Journal. 2020. № ahead-of-print. doi: 10.1108/SEJ-12-2019-0093.
14. Mikhaylov A. S., Mikhaylova A. A., Lachininskii ... ... Publishing, 2017. P. 440—456. doi: 10.4337/9781782548522.00037.
20. Shearmur R., Carrincazeaux C., Doloreux D. Handbook on the geographies of innovation. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2016. doi: 10.4337/9781784710774.
21. Sikora-Fernandez D. Smarter cities in ...
Geography of European Migration
In recent decades, the role of international migration has increased dramatically in most European countries. The growth in migration has made some authors proclaim the beginning of a second Migration Period that could transform the social and cultural identity of Europe. The article presents an analysis of international migration geography in Europe in the last twenty-five years. The authors identify the main trends in migration, provide migration profiles of European countries,...
The Kaliningrad region in Polish scientific research
This article offers an overview of the leading Polish research centres focusing on the political, social, and economic aspects of the Kaliningrad region.
1. Achremczyk, S. 2005. Komunikaty Mazursko-Warmińskie, № 3.
2. Baryła, T. 2000. Polska w Europie, N 34.
3. Baryła, T., Hojszyk, W., Wojnowsk,i E. 2004. Obwód Kaliningradzki Federacji Rosyjskiej....
Impact of external migration on changes in the Swedish religious landscape
... East, and Africa has turned Sweden into a multi-religious state. Sweden has become one of the leaders among the EU countries as far as the growth rates of adherents of Islam are concerned. Immigrants are exposed to adaptation difficulties causing their social, cultural and geographical isolation and making relatively isolated migrant communities emerge. This study aims at finding correlation between the changes in the confessional structure of Swedish population (as a result of the growing number of ...
The development of a Russian-Polish cross-border region: the role of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and the Tri-City (Gdansk—Gdynia—Sopot)
Until 1991 ties between entities located on either side of the Russian-Polish border were virtually non-existent. There were, however, favourable physical, geographical, economic, social, and ekistical conditions for the development of a cross-border region. Since the early 1990s, cooperation between administrative units and municipalities, businesses, and non-governmental organisations has been developing on an institutional basis....
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
The agricultural land dynamics is one of the central issues of land use in Europe and Russia. Each historical period is characterized by its own model of agricultural land use. The analysis of its dynamics in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries was based on the following parameters: the area of cultivated agricultural land and the rate of change, the grain yield and its dynamics. Database analysis from 1848—52 until 2015—18 allowed to identify the stages of the agricultural land management...
Indirect translation: Main trends in practice and research
... Lithuanian Voice-over. The Mechanics of Non-Synchronous Translation. Perspectives. Studies in translatology, 7 (1), pp. 41—80.
Heilbron, J., 1999. Towards a sociology of translation. Book translations as a cultural world-system. European Journal of Social Theory, 2 (4), pp. 429—444.
Ivaska, L., 2016. Uncovering the Many Source Texts of Indirect Translations: Indirect Translations of Modern Greek Prose Literature into Finnish 1952—2004. In: 8
European Society for Translation Studies Congress....
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
... primere Kaliningradskoj oblasti). [The dynamics of the settlement system as a main factor of transformation of the landscape (for example, the Kaliningrad region)]. In: Druzhinin, А. G.et al, Proceedings of the International scientific conference "Social and economic geography: fundamental and applied research", Kaliningrad, 2011 p. 202-204.
19. Romanova, Е. А. Real'naja plotnost' naselenija // Kaliningradskaja oblast'. Atlas, Kaliningrad: Masterskaja «Kollektsyja», 2011. P. 47.
Lutheranism in Finland: past and present
... Reformacii [Studies in the History of the Reformation in Finland (1520—1620-ies.): Establishment of a national church life. Portraits of prominent figures of the Finnish Reformation], St. Petersburg, 560 p.
4. Martynov, V. L., Faibusovich, E. L. 2010, Social'no-e'konomicheskaya geografiya sovremennogo mira [Socio-economic geography of the modern world], Moscow.
5. Nikitin, A. 1980, Evangelichesko-lyuteranskaya cerkov' Finlyandii. Kratkij istoricheskij ocherk [Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland....
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 7—25. DOI:
27. Gorkin, A. P., Smirnyagin, L. V. 1979, A structural approach to industrial systems in different social and economic environment. In: Hamilton, F. E. I. and Linge, G. J. R. Chichester, Spatial Analysis, Industry and the Industrial Environment. Progress in Research and Applications, Vol. 1: Industrial systems, p. 25—36.
28. Perroux, F. 1971, Note ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... What Works Among Programmes and Policies. OECD, Paris, p. 151—190.
13. Wilson, A. G. 1970, Inter-regional Commodity Flows: Entropy Maximizing Approaches, Geographical Analysis, no. 2(3), p. 225—282.
14. Animitsa, E. G. (ed.), 2008, Region v social'no-jekonomicheskom prostranstve Rossii: analiz, dinamika, mehanizm upravlenija [Region in the socio-economic
space of Russia: analysis, dynamics, control mechanism], Perm.
15. Gareev, T. R. 2009, ekonomicheskoe zonirovanie: klassicheskie i ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... multiculturalism in Europe, Rossiya i musul'manskii mir [Russia and the Muslim world], no. 1(235), p. 127—144. (In Russ.)
4. Vishnevski, А. G. 2015, After the Demographic Transition: Divergence, Convergence or Diversity? Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social Sciences and Modernity], no. 2, p. 112—129. (In Russ.)
5. Voinikov, V. 2015, Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration, Balt. Reg., no. 4, p. 55—65. DOI: 10/5922/2079—8555—2015—4—4.
6. Greenberg, R. S. 2012, The crisis ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... their connections to the related contextual conditions. It is an integrated approach, thus, it makes it possible to forecast the development of a certain network form in case of a change in the conditions or factors affecting it.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija: ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar' [Socio-economic geography: conceptual and terminological dictionary], Moscow, 350 p.
2. Baklanov, P. Ya. 2009, Territorial'naja struktura hozjajstva i jekonomicheskoe rajonirovanie ...
The Development of New Trans-border Water Routes in the South-East Baltic: Methodology and Practice
... for water route development. Special attention is paid to the activity aspect of tourist resources. At the same time, the development of all routes included an analysis of physical geographical, technological, infrastructural, economic, political, and social aspects. The case of water routes developed in the framework of the Crossroads 2.0 international project is used to describe the practical implementation of the theoretical assumptions. The work also tests the methodology of point rating for objects ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
At the present stage of social development in Europe and Russia, studies analyzing and evaluating ethnic and national borders are of increasing relevance. Over the last three decades, the state borders in the Baltic region have been stable, which is not the case in Europe in ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
... basis for this type of urban development in the countries of the European Union (EU) and in the Russian Federation. The following principles are considered and compared for both territories: 1) promotion of territorial cohesion through a more balanced social and economic development of regions and improved competitiveness; 2) encouragement of development generated by urban functions and improvement of the relationship between the town and countryside; 3) promotion of more balanced accessibility; 4) ...