On the strategy for power sector development in the Kaliningrad region
... построения техноценозов. М.: Изд-во ТГУ — Центр системных исследований. 2005—2010.
: http://gnatukvi. ru/ind.html (дата обращения: 11.11.2009).
Kaliningrad regional power sector, main generation complex, backup generation complex, regional electrotechnical complex, optimal power consumption management, rank analysis, technocenosis
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
..., and regions as a whole show good repeatability, which makes it possible to provide a rationale for economic decision-making. The authors propose new sectoral models using the Kaliningrad region as an example. The models are used in a comprehensive analysis of conditions for a GRP growth resulting from an increase in sectoral contributions. To this end, the study uses the well-known approaches of simulation modelling, as well as qualitative and quantitative methods in combination with economic-mathematical optimisation models. The article presents a pilot model of ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... calculated per capita and per sector against the national average. The article presents the analysis of the structural changes in the NWFD gross regional product. The proposed gross value added index helps to identify the upward and downward trends in each sector compared to the national average. Based on this analysis, the authors describe the nature of changes in the NWFD sectoral specialisation, which correlated with the distance to large economic centres — Moscow and St. Petersburg. The authors prove that the economic development of the Northwest macroregion ...
A sectoral and regional analysis of innovative activities of Russian enterprises
... [официальный сайт Федеральной службы государственной статистики РФ]. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.10.2015).
Duplenko N., Smirnova O.
innovative activities, innovation, sectoral analysis, innovative entrepreneurship, region
Особенности реализации инвестиционных стратегий телекоммуникационных компаний Калининградской области
... поглощения в качестве инвестиционной стратегии развития предприятий телекоммуникационной отрасли.
This article emphasizes the importance of telecommunications sector for the innovative development of the region. The author examines the near-term trends in the telecommunications market of the Kaliningrad region. The article offers an analysis of principal investment areas, namely: the expansion of the 3rd generation cell network, expansion of broadband network using FTTB (Fiber To The Building), Wi-Fi and Wi-MAX and LTE (4rd generation cell network) technologies. The author emphasizes ...
The role of physical education in the professional training of specialists of the service sector at vocational secondary education in-stitutions
This article focuses on the opportunities of physical education in the formation of professional competencies of future mid-level specialists of service sector. Through an analysis of the research and pedagogical literature and a pedagogical experiment, the author tested the effectiveness of the developed technology for the formation of professional competencies in stu-dents of services fields at vocational secondary education ...
Analysis of the Possibilities of Introducing Blockchain Technology in the Banking Sector
The paper analyzes the main options for introducing blockchain technology in the banking sector. The foundations of the technology itself, its advantages and limitations are considered. The option of introducing technology in the form of a combination of internal and external blockchains with the involvement of the resources of the regulator ...
Geographic context of applying for grants from Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein and the use grant money in Lithuania in the framework of the “European Economic area (EEA)” and the “Norway” programmes
The article presents a geographic analysis of applying for grants and allocation of funds in the framework of the “European Economic Area” and “Norway” programmes in the territory of Lithuania in 2004-2009. Priority sectors of cooperation are identified.
Agency of Project Management, 2008. URL:
www. cpva. lt
Financial Mechanism and Norwegian Financial Mechanism website. URL:
www. eeagrants. org
of Finances of
An economic complexity analysis of the Kaliningrad region: identifying sectoral priorities in the emerging value creation paradigm
... location makes it possible to capture accurate and comprehensive data on international and interregional trade. Based on the EC analysis theory and practice, the study involved the development of methods, algorithms, and software to form a source database ... ... productions, and industries.
Roos, G., Voloshenko, K. Yu., Drok, T. E., Farafonova, Yu. Yu.
economic complexity, capability, sector strategy, industrial policy, international and interregional trade flows, exclave, Kaliningrad region
Marine Spatial Planning: Theoretical Aspects
... marine geosystems are the following ones: identifying relatively integrated marine sectors and relatively integrated coastal sectors and connecting them into a single whole. A hierarchical approach is key to transboundary marine basins. I propose the ... ... zoning, identification of an area and basin-specific combinations of natural resources, geoinformation modelling, and forecast analysis for different activities and relevant spatial elements of aquaterritorial structures.
Baklanov P. Ya.
marine spatial ...
The factors of human capital reproduction financing
This article is devoted to the analysis of influence of a certain set of factors on human capital reproduction financing. The basic factors are as follows: demographical factor, public sector development level, technological development, labor market situation, political factor, and the state of economy.
ежегодник: стат. сб. Калининград, 2010.
Development of Information Support to Agricultural Producers in the Kaliningrad Region
This article presents the results of analysis of information needs and information infrastructure of the Kaliningrad region’s agricultural sector and offers a concept of information support to the regional agricultural producers on the Internet.
программа ведомства «Создание Единой системы информационного ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
... of science intensive industries, which extract a high surplus value, the authors consider the research and education and innovation sectors of the Republic of Lithuania — the closest neighbour of the Russian Federation in the North-West region. The analysis of competences of Lithuanian research and education sectors helped identify promising research and technology development areas in terms of innovation cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Lithuania.
1. Lithuanian innovation strategy for the year 2010—2020 / approved by Resolution ...
National monetary policy and the role of banks in increasing its efficiency
... between the Bank of Russia and credit organisations in implementing the national monetary policy; conducting a scientific analysis of current problems relating to banking activities; making effective use of objective economic laws and all the means ... ... rates // Journal of Financial Economics. 2015. Vol. 115, iss. 3. P. 429—448.
19. Jokipii T., Monnin P. The impact of banking sector stability on the real economy // Journal of International Money and Finance. 2013. Vol. 32. P. 1—16.
20. Kurov A., ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... Clustering. In: Forging the New Frontiers: Fuzzy Pioneers II, Springer-Verlag, p. 219 —236.
22. Dridi, Ch., Hewings, G. 2003, Sectors associations and similarities in inputoutput systems: An application of dual scaling and fuzzy logic to Canada and the ... ... 30(2), p. 114—138.
24. Feser, E. J., 2000, Bergman E. M. National Industry Cluster Templates: A Framework for Regional Cluster Analysis, Regional Studies, no. 34.1, p. 1―20.
25. Feser, E., Renski, H., Goldstein, H. 2008, Clusters and Economic Development ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
This article considers major trends in the spatial and sectoral structure of national production and analyses the patterns of transformation of industrial systems into integrated industrial ... ...
17. Pylypenko, I. V. 2003, Analiz osnovnyh zarubezhnyh teorij konkurentosposobnosti stran i regionov v mirovom hozjajstve [Analysis of the main theories of international
competitiveness of countries and regions in the world economy], Izvestija Akademii ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
....fi/FI/yksikot/erillislaitokset/pei/Documents/ bre2008/BRE_6_2008/264-6-2008 %20Expert%20Articles.pdf
. Russia. Country Analysis Briefing. 2008. May // Energy Information
Baltic Region, Russia, EU, energy sector, competition, cooperation, oil and oil product export, Baltic Pipeline System, Baltic Pipeline System 2, Nord Stream, Ignalina ...
Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... «Gazpromom» eshhe na 10 let, do 2015 goda [Company Eesti Gaas has extended the long-term contract for the supply of natural gas from the Russian «Gazprom» for another 10 years, until 2015], 2003, Finam, 11 September, available at: http://www. finam. ru/analysis/newsitem0B03A/default. asp (accessed 25 December 2012).
30. «Gazprom» i Litva obsudili perspektivy uregulirovanija spornyh voprosov v jenergetike [«Gazprom» and Lithuania discussed the prospects of resolving disputes in the energy sector], 2012, Gazprom, 20 December, available at:http://gazprom. ru/press/news/2012/december/article152232/ (accessed 25 December 2012).
31. On working meeting between Alexey Miller and Tapio Kuula, 2010, Gazprom, 9 February, available at: http://www....
Spectral characteristics of atmospheric disturbances at middle latitudes during geomagnetic storms
... during geomagnetic storms, and after them, based on Poincare waves excited in the atmosphere under such conditions. The spectrum of the diurnal variations TEC perturbations were obtained for the midlatitude stations located in the European longitude sector. It is shown that in the spectrum of TEC variations are present harmonics with periods of the relevant standing planetary waves Poincare. Analysis of the latitudinal structure of amplitudes and periods of the harmonics shown a qualitative agreement with theoretical estimates for the Poincare waves.
В., Шагимуратов И.
И., Якимова Г.
Influence of solar and geomagnetic activity on the diurnal variations of NmF2 in winter in the middle latitudes
... Similitaries and differences between regular variations of F2-layer parameters of the polar and midlatitude ionosphere in East Siberian sector // Solar-Terrestrial Physics. 2015. Vol. 1, № 2. P. 70—79.
4. Lei J., Liu L., Wan W. and Zhang S.-R. Variations of ... ... measurements over Millstone Hill // Radio Sci. 2005. Vol. 40. RS2008.
5. Karpenko A. L., Manaenkova N. I. Nonlinear time series analysis of the ionospheric measurements // GeologisheRundshau. 1996. Vol. 85, № 1. P. 124—129.
6. Khmyrov G. M., Galkin I....
The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... Petersburg 2011, Shipbuilding cluster, 2011, available at: http://www.doingbusiness.ru/shipbuilding/clusters-business-sectors/shipbuildingcluster/item (accessed 31 May 2013).
7. ECOTEC Research & Consulting and El Konsult 2006, 2006, An exhaustive analysis of employment trends in all sectors related to sea or using sea resources. Country report — Estonia, C3135, August 2006, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/documentation/studies/documents/estonia_employment_trends_en.pdf (accessed 31 May 2013).
8. Filippov, P. ...
Identification of technology transfer in industries developing in the exclave region under the influence of the “coastal factor”
... implemented by the Federal Fishery Agency. Transfer of technologies for IKBFU is academic, which is typical for a classical university (some few works are carried out within the branches developing under the influence of the “coastal factor”). The analysis clearly demonstrates that in the Kaliningrad region these sectors are not in any significant demand, largely due to the change in economic specialization of the region, which occurred as a result of the collapse in the 90s.
1. Бабурина О.Н., Грасс Е.Ю. Современное состояние ...
First results of the import substitution policy in the Kaliningrad region
... to analyze the results of the import substitution policy of an exclave territory. The objectives of this research include the analysis of the development of agriculture in the exclave region, the evaluation of the food security level, the assessment of ... ... of this study is the policy of import substitution of the Kaliningrad region. The object of this research is the agricultural sector of the Kaliningrad region. The policy of import substitution, launched in Russia in 2014, entailed not only the development ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... economy, society and culture, Vol. 2, 2nd ed, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
11. Diamond, J. 2005, Guns, germs, and steel. The Fates of Human Societies, N. Y.
12. The role of Maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development in European maritime sectors, European Commission, available at: http://ec. europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/clusters_en. html (accessed 01 March 2011).
13. European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, 2010, Background and analysis, May 2010.
14. Eurostat, available at: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu (accessed 04 October 2010).
15. Statistical Offices of the Länder, Federal Statistical office of Germany, available at: http://www.statistik-portal.de/Statistik-Portal/en/en_jb01_jahrtab2....
Problems of the development of pre-agglomeration (semiperipheral) municipalities on the example of the Gvardeysk urban district
... development problems of a special type of territory — pre-agglomeration territories and to identify possible solutions. Based on the analysis of statistical data, documents of strategic planning of municipalities, as well as programs for the integrated development ... ... model for inter-municipal cooperation and modernization of the system of inter-municipal strategic planning through integrated sectoral and infrastructure programs.
1. Белова А. В. Роль малых и полусредних городов ...
EU — Russia energy cooperation: major development trends and the present state
... since they set out conditions for energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region. This research is based on a political and legal analysis of various documents and employs various international relations theories (including integration theories). The article ... ... sotrudnichestva Rossii i ES v sfere jenergeti-ki do 2050 goda [Roadmap for cooperation between Russia and the EU in the energy sector by 2050], 2011, Moscow, 29 July, available at: http://minenergo.gov.ru/upload/medialibrary/652/6521c3074cbd19866612efa7d3caf28f....
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... systems of the Leningrad, Novgorod, and Pskov regions. The author examines the impact of development and distribution of factors of production on demographic processes and trends in the transformation of the population distribution system. Based on an analysis of the sectoral structure of economy and demographic development trends, the author proposes a functional typology of urban and rural settlements. He stresses the discrepancy between the established population distribution systems and the demographic trends ...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
... 2013, Does Economic Globalization affect Regional Inequality? A Cross-country Analysis, World Development, no. 52, p. 92—103.
15. Ezcurra, R., Rodríguez-Pose, A. 2014, Trade openness and spatial inequality in emerging countries, Spatial Economic Analysis, Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 162—182.
16. Faber, B. 2007, Towards the spatial patterns of sectoral adjustments to trade liberalisation: The case of NAFTA in Mexico, Growth and Change, Vol. 38, no. 4, p. 567—594.
17. Fajgelbaum, P., Coşar, A. 2013, Internal Geography, International Trade, and Regional Specialization, National Bureau of Economic ...
Management of Trans-boundary Water Resources: Comparing Russian and American Experiences
This article is based on a comparative analysis of Russia and US’s experience of participation in international cooperation in the field of trans-boundary water management.... ... razvitija uglevodorodnogo sektora jenergetiki Kanady i ego vozdejstvija na okruzhajushhuju sredu [Forecasts for the hydrocarbon sector Energy of Canada and its impact on the environment], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta. Serija 6: Filosofija. Kul'turologija....
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... faces — unfortunate geopolitical situation, growing competition from other seaports, and lack of investment. Based on the analysis of challenges, it is concluded that there are significant risks associated predominantly with lack of investment. In ... ... mehanizm partnerstva gosudarstva i chastnogo sektora [The concession mechanism of partnership between
the state and the private sector], Moscow.
8. Vetrenko, L. D. 2000, Upravlenie rabotoj morskogo porta [The operation of the seaport], Saint Petersburg,...
Socially efficient entry barriers?
... particularly true of capital-intensive goods, for instance, large diameter pipes for gas pipelines. Lack of proper competition in such sectors of the market necessitates entry barriers, for they help to achieve a separating equilibrium at the market. Since there ... ... 2002, Administrativnye bariery v ekonomike: institutsionalniy analiz [Administrative barriers in the economy: an institutional analysis], Moscow, IIF “Spros” KonfOP. (In Russ.)
2. Golovanova, S. V. 2014, Mezhdunarodnaya torgovlya i razvitie konkurentsii ...
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
... principles of environmental economics and sustainable development.
Arrow K. J. (1970). The organization of economic activity: issues pertinent to the choice of market versus nonmarket allocation. / In: Public expenditures and policy analysis.
Baarsma, B.; Lambooy, E. (2005). Valuation of externalities through neo-classical methods by including institutional variables. / Transportation research.
Part D 10. P. 459-475.
Beer P., Friend ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... research on the transformation of the elite structure in the Baltics in view of the ethnopolitical factor, including comparative analysis of the elite re-grouping processes, as well as in developing corresponding university courses. As to the practical aspect,... ... Societies, Vol. 2, no. 1.
10. Kasatkina, N., Beresnevičiūtė, V. 2010, Ethnic Structure, Inequality and Governance of the Public Sector in Lithuania, Ethnicity Studies, Lithuanian Social Research Centre, Eugrimas, no. 1—2.
11. Kasatkina, N., Leončikas,...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
11. Lundquist, K.-J., Trippl, M. 2011, Distance, Proximity and Types of Crossborder Innovation Systems: A Conceptual Analysis, Regional Studies, no. 1, p. 11.
12. Broek, J., Smulders, H. 2013, The evolution of a Cross-Border Regional Innovcational ... ... 29—39. (in Russ.)
16. Zelinskaya, E. Z. 2013, Regional cross-border clusters as forms of modern management systems in the real sector of the economy, Pskovskii regionologicheskii zhurnal [Pskov Regionological Journal], № 16, p. 12—18. (in Russ.)
The competitiveness of the Irkutsk region in the world tourism market
Today, the world tourism market is dynamic and rapidly developing area of the world economy. International inbound tourism has a positive impact on the national and regional economies of recipient countries thus it is necessary to develop this sector in the countries and regions that have a potential to attract foreign tourists. The purpose of this article is to estimate the competitiveness of the Irkutsk region on the world tourism market based on an analysis of various factors. In particular, the authors examine the impact of natural, geographical, and climatic factors and the region’s cultural and historical potential. Another focus is the present status of tourism infrastructure and availability ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
... economic activities. The author puts forward a number of recommendations for a better application of labour resources through sectoral restructurization of economy (which requires a higher value-added standard and has to be consistent with local natural,... ... 2010, 2010, Kaliningrad, 80 p.
5. Informacionno-analiticheskij portal BFU im. I. Kanta. Jekonomika i upravlenie [Information Analysis Portal IKBFU. Economics and Management], available at: http://science.kantiana.ru (accessed 11.11.2014).
6. Kaliningradskaja ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... Ekspress-doklad «Analiz itogov dejatel'nosti jelektrojenergetiki za 2011 god, prognoz na 2012 god» [The express report «The analysis of results of activity of power industry for 2011, the forecast for 2012»], 2012, Moscow, Ministerstvo jenergetiki Rossijskoj ... ... ru/upload/iblock/d6f/d6fb1b2ad5fa7be6db 40215f7bc3 e5b6.pdf (accessed 20 March 2013).
17. Zverev, Yu. M. 2010, Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., no. 1(3), p. 31—40. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-1-5, available at: http://journals....
The Kaliningrad Region as a coastal border region of Russia
The article studies the sectoral structure of employment and the gross regional product, the similarities and differences of the region from other bordering coastal regions of Russia through the economic and statistical analysis of indicators of population dynamics. The benefits of the coastal and borderline positions are not fully exploited by the region, that is, those types of economic activity and production that could successfully develop are relatively poorly represented ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... undefinable tacitness of being (there), Journal of Economic Geography, no. 3, p. 75—99.
32. Isard, W. 1960, Methods of regional analysis: an introduction to regional science, Cambridge, MA.
33. Koestler, A. 1967, The Ghost in the Machine, London. 34. Malecki,... ... 12—14, Copenhagen.
36. Ketels, Ch. Protsiv, S. (eds.), 2014, Methodology and Findings Report for a Cluster Mapping of Related Sectors. In: European Cluster Observatory REPORT, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/initiatives/cluster/observatory/d1....
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... following parameters: the area of cultivated agricultural land and the rate of change, the grain yield and its dynamics. Database analysis from 1848—52 until 2015—18 allowed to identify the stages of the agricultural land management dynamics. The stages ... ... competition // European Economic Review. 1999. № 43 (2). P. 409—429. doi: 10.1016/S0014-2921(98)00047-6.
23. Freel M. S. Sectoral patterns of small firm innovation, networking and proximity // Research Policy. 2003. № 32 (5). P. 751—770. doi: ...
On the benthic foraminifera species of Alabaminella weddellensis and Epistominella exigua in paleo-oceanologic reconstructions
14. Hammer Ø., Harper D. A., Ryan P. D. PAST: Paleontological Statistics software package for education and data analysis // Palaeontologia Electronica. 2001. Vol. 4. № 1. P. 1—9.
15. Hecker B. Photographic evidence for the rapid flux ... ... Smart C. W., Waelbroeck C., Michel E., Mazaud A. Benthic foraminiferal abundance and stable isotope changes in the Indian Ocean sector of the Southern Ocean during the last 20 kyr: Paleoceanographic implications // Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology....
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
This study undertakes a contextual analysis of economic and legal risks associated with investment in the Kaliningrad region. The authors emphasise the importance ... ... V. G. 2005, Partnerstvo gosudarstva i chastnogo sektora: formy, proekty, riski [The partnership of the state and the private sector: forms, projects, risks], Moscow, 315 p. (in Russ.)
31. Kabashkin, V. A. 2010. Gosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo: mezhdunarodnyj ...
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... Economies, Vol. 27, no. 3, p. 283-305.
23. Franco, C., Rentocchini, F., Marzetti, G. V. 2008, Why Do Firms Invest Abroad? An Analysis of the Motives Underlying Foreign Direct Investment, Social Science Research Network, available at: http://papers.ssrn.... ... Washington.
39. Panibratov, A. 2011, From National Leaders to Global Players: Evidence from Russian MNEs in the High Technology Sector. In: Marinov, M., Marinova, S. (eds.), Internationalization of Emerging Economies and Firms, London, Palgrave MacMillan,...