Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... Transportation Research, Part E, no. 42, p. 21—41.
7. Misztal, K., Szwankowski, S. 1999, Organizacja i eksploatacja portów morskich [Organization and Exploitation of Seaports], Gdańsk.
8. Palmowski, T. 2011, Port gdyński w pierwszej dekadzie XXI wieku [Sea Port in Gdynia in First Decade of XXI Century]. In: Marciniak, K., Sikora, D., Sokołowski, K. (eds.), Koncepcje i problemy badawcze geografii [Geographical Research Concepts and Problems], Bydgoszcz.
9. Strategia rozwoju portu Gdynia do 2027 roku [Development ...
Maritime transport as a system-building element of the Baltic transnational transport region
... (дата обращения: 17.12.2012).
10. Грузооборот порта Гамбург (Германия). URL: http://flagmanshipping.com/news/gruzooborot-porta-gamburg-germaniya-za-2010-god-vy (дата обращения:18.12.2012).
11. Baltic Sea Ports: Tasks, development potentials and current issues. URL:www. rostock-port. de (дата обращения: 18.12.2012).
12. Baltic Port list 2006. Annual cargo statistic of ports in the Baltic Sea region/ A publication from the centre for maritime ...
Implementation of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code and amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS 74/78) for ship-building
7. Ehrhart H.-G., Petretto K., Schneider P. Security governance als Rahmenkonzept für die Analyse von Piraterie und maritimem Terrorismus. Hamburg, 2011.
8. Frittelli J. Port and maritime security: background and issues for congress // Vesky J. Port and maritime security. N. Y., 2008. P. 11—41.
9. Jenisch U. Piracy, Navies and the Law of the Sea; the Case of Somalia // WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs. 2009. Vol. 8, № 2. P. 123—143.
10. Klein N. Maritime security and the law of the sea. Oxford, 2011.
11. Liss C. Oceans of crime: maritime piracy and transnational security in Southeast ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
The Baltic region consists of coastal areas of nine countries — Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. The region’s hubs are the port cities located along the Baltic Sea coast. However, Peter Taylor and Saskia Sassen’s classification identifies higher status cities and ‘global cities’, which are to be considered in the global context. Seven coastal regions are distinguished within this region, whose organising ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... Website of the Government of the Russian Federation, available at: http://www. morskayakollegiya.ru/legislation/doktrina/ (accessed 16 August 2011).
Gogoberidze George, Mamaeva Maria
econimic development strategy, maritime region, sea industrial and port complex, sea potential
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... humanities and the natural sciences], no. 3, p. 132—134.
18. Sergeev, A. S. 2012, Organizacionno — jekonomicheskie osnovy formirovanija i razvitija morskih portovyh aglomeracij [Organizational — economic bases
of formation and development of the sea port agglomerations], Vestnik tihookeanskogo
gosudarstvennogo jekonomicheskogo universiteta. Jekonomika i upravlenie [Bulletin of Pacific State Economic University. Economics and Management.],
no. 2, p. 63—68.
19. Ulanov, S. 2011, Analiz riskov pri ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
.... 1929, Kratkiy kurs ekonomicheskoy geografii [A short course of economic geography], Moscow.
35. Lavrov, S. B., Sal'nikov, S. S. 1975, Promyshlennyy «sdvig k moryu» i formirovanie portovo-promyshlennykh kompleksov [Industrial "shift to the sea" and the formation of a port and industrial complexes], Geografiya okeanov, materials 5 Congress GO USSR, Leningrad, p. 12—22.
36. Bondarenko, V. S. 1981, Ekonomiko-geograficheskoe izuchenie primorskikh zon [Economic-geographical study of coastal zones], Vestnik MGU, Ser....
Economic Aspects of Russian-Baltic Relations in 2007—2008
The influence of the events related to the transfer of the remains and the monument to Soviet soldiers in central Tallinn on the Russian cargo transit flows through the Baltic Sea region is described. The author shows that there has been a redistribution of Russian cargoes and their shipment through the ports of Latvia and Lithuania lately. According to the author, the positive dynamics of Russian-Latvian and Russian-Lithuanian relations should be sustained, proceeding from the assumption that sooner or later, the logic of economic cooperation may prove ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... [The economic geography of the world Ocean], Leningrad.
34. Agglomerations, 2014, City population, available at: http://www.citypopulation. de/ (accessed 12.04.2014).
35. Alexandersson, G., Norstrom, G. 1963, World shipping. An economic geography of ports and seaborne trade.
36. Couper, A. D. 1972, The geography of sea transport, London.
37. Maritime affairs, 2014, European Atlas of the Seas, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/atlas/maritime_atlas/#lang=EN;bkgd=5:0.75;mode=1;pos=11.754:53.652:4;theme=2:0.75:1 (accessed 12.03.2014).
38. Maritime ...
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
Russia’s evident ‘turn to the sea’ as regards the economy, the infrastructure, and population distribution patterns is very much in line with the interests and projects of large businesses. This change manifests itself in the development of port and logistics complexes, the port industry, the construction of offshore pipelines, more active offshore oil and gas production, the growing demographic potential of coastal cities, etc. This article aims to explore the localisation of large businesses ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Baklanov, P. Ya., Govorushko, S. M. etc. 2010, Pribrezhno-morskoe prirodopol'zovanie: teoriya, indikatory, regional'nye osobennosti [Coastal-marine nature management: theory, indicators, regional features], Vladivostok. (In Russ.)
3. Association of Sea Commercial Ports, 2017, available at:
(accessed 01.02.2017). (In Russ.)
4. Baklanov, P. Ya. 1987, Formation of aqua-territorial economic complexes and areas in the Far East. In: Primorskie regiony: geograficheskie i sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie ...
The innovative aspects of the fishing fleet development in the Russian exclave region
... Russia — the Kaliningrad region — showed high rates of socioeconomic development due to the establishment of a large-scale sea fishing industry. Such success rested on research and innovative activity. This article analyses the successful innovative ... ... Organizacija kommercheskoj raboty flota i portov rybnoj promyshlennosti SSSR [The organization of the commercial fishing
fleet and the port industry of the USSR], Moscow, Piwevaja promyshlennost'.
2. Sysoev, N. P. 1989, Jekonomika rybnoj promyshlennosti [Economics ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... 89—101. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-7.
3. Fedorov G. M., Kuznetsova T. Yu., Razumovskii V. M. 2017, How the Proximity of the Sea Affects Development of Economy and the Settlement Pattern in Kaliningrad Oblast, Regional Research of Russia, Vol. 7, no. ... ... innovations, Izvestiya RAN. Seriya geograficheskaya [Regional Research of Russia], no. 6, p. 7—16. (in Russ.)
7. Slack, B. 1989, The port service industry in an environment of change, Geoforum, Vol. 20, no. 4, p. 447—457.
8. Porter, M. E. 1990, The Competitive ...
Geopolitical transformation of the Kaliningrad oblast of the Russian Federation
... population of nearly one million people, owned by the Russian Federation and located the farthest to the West, although on the Baltic Sea, ashore became isolated from the motherland and turned into an exclave. Gradually the exclave found itself first at the crossroads ... ... Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order.
A Touchstone Book, 1997.
Political Writings. Cambridge, New York, Port Chester, Melbourne, Sydney, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
. Lithuanian Card in Russian Policy,...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... Vol. 90, no. 2, p. 255—265.
27. Nielsen, S. B., Sørensen, P. B. 1997, On the optimality of the Nordic system of dual income taxation, Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 63, no. 3, p. 311—329.
28. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski, M. 2016, Development of Sea Port in Gdynia, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 49—55. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-3-4.
29. Razin, A., Rubinstein, Y. Sadka, E. 2003, Which Countries Export FDI, and How Much? Paper presented at the 6th Conference of the Analysis of International Capital ...