Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... between the structural organisation of groups, their cultural attitudes, their perception of environmental risks, and the performance of environmental agencies are explored. An evaluation of the comparative efficiency of different ways and means of risk communication with the identified groups is made. It is concluded that the proposed model is methodologically promising and there is a need for differentiated risk-communication strategies.
1. Smit, B., Hovelsrud, G., Wandel, J. 2008, CAVIAR: Community ...
Effective risk communication as a factor in managing protests attitudes in a local community
Contemporary research into the perception of environmental risks suffers from poor knowledge of risk communication in the local community and of how different ways of risk communication affect protest attitudes. This study aims to clarify communication strategies and practices used by members of local communities as a protest response to environmental ...
Social and cultural determinants in the perception of environmental risks: Douglas grid group analysis
... forms of communication regarding overcoming environmental risks, for instance, word of mouth and appeals to government institutions (villagers) and street protests (city residents). There are also differences in the choice of effective methods of risk communication, depending on the respondent’s cultural type. Hierarchs prefer communication in social networks; egalitarians tend to organize petitions and appeal to the authorities; the fatalists do not express their own opinion; individuals strive ...
Communication of Covid-19 consequences in the Baltic States inforsphere
... Geopolitical and geo-economic changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the turnoff the XX–XXI centuries, Balt. Reg., no. 4, p. 13—25. doi:
10. Jönsson, A. M., Boström, M., Dreyer, M., Söderström, S. 2016, Risk Communication and the Role of the Public: Towards Inclusive Environmental Governance of the Baltic Sea? Environmental Governance of the Baltic Sea, Springer, Cham, p. 205—227. doi:
11. Pynnöniemi, K. 2016,...
Features presentation of environmental risks in the media (for example, deposits of potassium salts in the village Nivenskoe)
... is caused by the fact that modern control systems of technogenic and ecological safety are based on risk assessment methods. Since media play a most significant role in the formation of public opinion and direct perception of risks in public space, communication of risks can be an instrument of latent manipulation with public opinion. The Internet and printed local media have served as an object of research. Results of the research confirm a hypothesis that images crested by media usually do not correspond to real ...
Resilience of cultural attitudes of local communities to risks: the «group / grid» model
The study focuses on the empirical test of the grid/group model applied to the actual perception of the environmental risks by the local community (the case of the potassium mine development in the village of Nivenskoe, the Kaliningrad region).... ... various parameters. An original methodology is being applied for the assessment of the cultural types consistency in intense communication. The authors give a statistical account for the consistency of the cultural attitudes of the respondents. Using ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... Kaliningrad region, Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, p. 43—49. (In Russ.)
7. Zotov, S. I. 2001, Modeling of communications in the "Solar Activity — Climate — Natural Complexes" system, Geografiya na rubezhe vekov [Geography ... ... University, no. 1, p. 99—106. (In Russ.)
10. Krasnov, E. V., Lyubimova, О. Е. 2013, Geosystem approach to assessment of risk of storm floods in the mouth of the Pregolya River, the Kaliningrad region, Regional'naya `ekologiya, no. 1—2 (34), p.15—22....
The category of the psychosomatic in the psychological discourse of the 20th century
... психиатрии. 1999. Т. 99, № 4. С. 4—16.
7. Breuer J., Freud S. On the psychical mechanism of hysterical phenomena: Pre-liminary communication // Studies on Hysteria. N. Y., 1893. P. 3—17.
8. Engel G. L. The concept of psychosomatic disorder // J. Psychosom.... ... present // Can. J. Psychiatry. 1986. № 31. Р. 8—13.
psychosomatic disorder, somatization, psychosocial risk factors, psychosomatic.
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... gas exports], The Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, available at: http://www.eriras.ru/papers/2005/risks. pdf (accessed 02 October 2011).
5. Matteotti, S., Nartova, О. 2010, Novye trebovanija k inostrannym operatoram na gazovom ... ... Brussels, June10, European Commission — Europa, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docoffic/official/communic/baltic/action2009.pdf (accessed
04 October 2011).
12. Kabel' Estlink peredan zakazchikam (Estonija) [Estlink cable delivered ...
The role of the European Central Bank in ensuring the financial stability of the EU
... by the public. In addition to eloquent statements about the need to break the adverse interdependence of sovereign risks and risks of the banking sector, this Declaration included two specific legal obligations. Firstly, the creation of the Single Supervisory ... ... Creditor rights, culture and dividend payout policy // Journal of multinational financial management. 2017. Vol. 39. P. 60—77.
5. Communication from the European Commission on European Financial Supervision, 27 May 2009. URL:
An analysis of possible damage of electrical devices by thunderstorm activity on the model of cloud-to-ground discharge
The present work is devoted to analysis of the risk of impact of electric energy of thunderstorm activity on the electrical devices, including home appliances, located in areas ... ... 2015. Вып. 4. С. 61—67.
5. Ponimatkin V. E., Shpilevoi A. A., Shabalin A. A. About Electromagnetic Compability of Radio Communication Stations Antennae // Atmosphere, ionosphere, safety–2010. Kaliningrad, 2010. P. 184–186.
6. Пониматкин ...
The moving boundaries of news translation
... 2004. The Moving Text: Localization, Translation and Distribution. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Pym, A. and Matsushita, K., 2018. Risk Mitigation in Translator Decisions. Across Languages and Cultures, 19(1), pp. 1—18. 10.1556/084.2018.19.1.1.
Quandt, T.... ...
Schäffner, C., 2005. Bringing a German Voice to English-Speaking Readers: Spiegel International. Language and Intercultural Communication, 5(2), pp. 154—167. 10.1080/14708470508668891.
Schäffner, C., 2012. ‘The Prime Minister Said...’: Voices ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... changes in the political and economic situation in the EU’s southern borderlands made the current legal mechanisms incapable of withstanding new threats. It necessitates a radical reform of the legislation on irregular immigration.
1. Frontex Annual Risk Analysis 2015, 2015, available: http://frontex.europa.eu/assets/Publications/Risk_Analysis/Annual_Risk_Analysis_2015.pdf (accessed 09.06.2015).
2. Communication from the Commission on Policy priorities in the fight against illegal immigration of third-country nationals, Brussels, 19.7.2006, 2006, COM, no. 402 final, available: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/com/2006/com2006_0402en01....
Supranational Policy of Migrant Integration in the EU
... Politika integracii migrantov v Rossii: vyzovy, potencial, riski [Policy integration of migrants in Russia: challenges, potential risks], Moscow.
4. Pobedil Stokgol'mskij sindrom [Won the Stockholm syndrome], 2013, Expert, available at: http://expert. ru/2013/05/28/ ... ....lv/latvia-in-the-european-union (accessed: 15.01.2014).
7. Blau, I., Duncan, O. D. 2007, The American Occupational Structure, N. Y.
8. Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the European Economic and Social committee and the ...
Ergonomics and the translation process
... ed. Hamilton, ON: CCOHS.
Chesterman, A., 2009. The name and nature of translator studies. Hermes — Journal of Language and Communication Studies, 42, pp. 13—22.
Chesterman, A., 2013. Models of what processes? Translation and Interpreting Studies,... ...
Pym, A., 2013.Translation skill-sets in a machine-translation age. Meta, 58 (3), pp. 487—503.
Pym, A., 2015.Translating as risk management. Journal of Pragmatics, 85, pp. 67—80.
Risku, H., 2002. Situatedness in Translation Ttudies. Cognitive Systems ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... another eight in Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region. The authors describe major catalysts and immanent inhibitors in coastal zones. The former include a high density of coastal economies, proximity to international markets, and better logistics and communications. The inhibitors comprise geopolitical risks and institutional barriers. It is shown that the potential and prospects of transboundary clustering are affected by both global integration and disintegration patterns, coastal infrastructure, geopolitical and geoeconomic ‘neighbourhood’, cultural ...
Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia-EU Relations
... Prace OSW. 2001. URL: http://www.osw. waw. pl/pl/publikacje/Prace-OSW?page=4 (дата обращения: 28.01.2012).
3. Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament „Towards integrated management of the external ... ... Ośrodek Studiów Wschodnich.
8. Moshes А. Kaliningrad: Challenges Between Russia and Europe // I. Kempe (ed.). Prospects and Risks Beyond EU Enlargement. 2003. Opladen.
9. Polska-Kaliningrad: od czerwca bez wiz? Podpisano umowę o małym ruchu granicznym....