World War I refugees from the western regions of the Russian Empire: Sustaining life in the places of temporary residence
This article analyses the process of development and functioning of the state system of support for World War I refugees from the western territories of the Russian Empire in case of the central provinces of European Russia. It is concluded that the state system of refugee support proved to be efficient and managed to solve the problem of evacuation and relocation,...
The fate of World War I refugees from the western provinces of European Russia and Poland in Soviet Russia in 1920
This article focuses on the features of the re-evacuation of World War I refugees in 1920, i.e. the spontaneous movement of the hungry mass of refugees to the Western border, the South and South-East, as well as Siberia, in early spring, which was supported by local authorities aspiring to reduce the pressure on their own ...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... Regime, in Migration and European Integration: The Dynamics of Inclusion and Exclusion. In: Miles, R., Thranhardt, D. (eds.) Migration and European integration: the dynamics of inclusion and exclusion, London.
36. Hyndle-Hussein, J. 2015, How the refugee issue is affecting the Baltic states, available at:
37. Eurostat Population and social conditions — Asylum and managed ...
The European Court of Justice case of Elgafaji: the interaction between EU law and international humanitarian law
This article focuses on the increasing influence of international court rulings on the development of new concepts within international law, in particular, the concept of subsidiary protection to persons who fall outside the scope of the 1951 Refugee Convention. The author also considers the issues related to the concept of indirect effect in EU law, as well as the interaction between the EU and international law.
1. Judgment on joint cases №C-402/05 and 415./05 Jasin Abdullah Kadi and ...
Impact of external migration on changes in the Swedish religious landscape
... dominated by the Lutheran Church, having the status of the official state religion. Starting in mid-to-late 20th century, mass immigration to Europe had a considerable impact on the confessional structure of Sweden’s population. The growing number of refugees from the Balkan Peninsula, the Middle East, and Africa has turned Sweden into a multi-religious state. Sweden has become one of the leaders among the EU countries as far as the growth rates of adherents of Islam are concerned. Immigrants are ...
From the Mediterranean to the Baltic: the problem of implementing the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum
... Council usually seeks consensus. In this situation, the goal of the EU is not to ensure the right decision but rather to create conditions for it to be implemented by all the member states.
Voynikov, V. V.
migration crisis, principle of solidarity, refugee relocation system, migration policy, Dublin Regulation, refugees
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... Lancing, no. 6, 150p.
12. Population by religious community indicated, municipalities, 2011, Official Statistics Portal (OSP), available at:
13. Berglund, N. 2017, Culture shock hits refugees in Karasjok, Newsinenglish. no, available at:
14. Danmarks Statistic, 2015, available at:
. dk/da/Statistik/NytHtml?cid=20613 ...
The externalisation of migration control in the European Union: first steps towards the external dimension of the space of freedom, security and justice
... 8 June 2011).
20. Lavenex, S. 1999, Safe third countries. Extending EU asylum and immigration policies to Central and Eastern Europe, Budapest, Akaprint.
21. Conclusions on countries in which there is generally no serious risk of persecution, The Un Refugee Agency, available at: http://www. unhcr.org/refworld/docid/3f86c6ee4.html (accessed 8 June 2011).
22. Council resolution of 30 November 1992 on manifestly unfounded applications for asylum, The Un Refugee Agency, available at: http://www. unhcr....
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
26. Crisis Migration Convening, Thematic report, 2013, John D. And Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, February 14—15, available at:
27. Refugees and asylum-seekers, 2012, UNHCR Office in the Russian Federation, available at:
28. Definition of Migrant Crisis, 2015, Collins, available at:
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
..., p. 378—399.
3. Barroso, J. M. 2010, Statement by the President of the European Commission following the EU-Russia Summit, SPEECH/ 10/ 734, Brussels, 7 December 2010.
4. Coleman, N. 2009, European Readmission Policy: Third Country Interests and Refugee Rights, Leiden, Martinus Nihoff Publishers.
5. Council of the European Union. 1997, Decision of 30 October 1997 on the Conclusion of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement between the European Communities and its Member States, on the one ...
The Impact of COVID-19 on immigration: the transformation of Norwegian migration policy on asylum seekers
... Existential vs. essential mobilities: insights from before, during and after a crisis, Mobilities, vol. 16, no. 1, p. 20—34. doi:
13. Kluge, H. H. P., Jakab, Z., Bartovic, J. 2020, D’Anna, V., Severoni S. Refugee and Migrant Health in the COVID-19 Response, The Lancet, vol. 395, no. 10232, p. 1237—1239. doi:
14. Langfeldt Dahlback, M., Molnes, G., Skiphamn, S. S. 2020, Foreslår ikke ekstra hemmelighold ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... Commission does not act], Eesti Rahvusringhääling, available at: http://rus.err.ee/v/estonia/5c909cfb-3d92-4fa5-822e-8580d742d7bc (accessed 03.06.2015).
4. Sokol, Ju. 2015, Kristina Kallas: ne sleduet putat' bezhencev s immigrantami [Christina Kallas: refugees should not be confused with migrants], Eesti Rahvusringhääling, available at: http://rus.err.ee/v/estonia/6cad0dc5-6e23-4df9-b9fe-3ed443853042 (accessed 05.06.2015).
5. Olson, М. 2012, Vlast' i procvetanie: Pererastaja kommunisticheskie i ...