The transformation of the Baltic countries’ political elites: general and specific features
This research focuses on the features and transformations of power groups and their role in the political life of the societies of the Baltic countries. This article aims to analyse structural and functional changes in the composition of the Baltic political elites after these countries gained independence in the 1990s....
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
... lt/ru/article/vesti/kaliningrad-hochet-sinhronizirovatsja-s-litvoj-504—317543 (accessed 2 April 2013).
43. Finny interesujutsja proektom «LAJeS-2 — Vyborgskaja» [Finns are interested in the project «LAES-2 — Vyborg»], 2012, Gruppa kompanij «Kompleksnye jenergeticheskie reshenija» (KJeR) [Group «Integrated Energy Solutions» (CODE)], 6 March, available at: http://gk-ker. ru/press-center/news/370/ (accessed 2 April 2013).
44. Oettinger, G. 2012, EU Commissioner for Energy. Integration of the EU and CIS Electric Power Systems and Markets — A way of increasing security of supply, available at: http://ec. europa. eu/commission_2010—2014/oettinger /headlines/speeches/2012/10/doc/20121031_eurelectric. pdf (accessed 2 April 2013).
Baltic Sea region,...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... Eurointegration procedures, the ethnic factor — which became especially important in the Baltics after independence — relegated to the periphery of political life. After a period of ‘independence-induced euphoria’ faded, Lithuanian, Latvian, and Estonian power groups had to tackle the problem of civil society formation and the development of a political regime based on democratic procedures. In these countries the processes of elite recruitment were largely affected by the factor of ethic homogeneity of the ...
On some particular functions of the Palestinian national administration
... many actions of the leadership are aimed at protecting oneself from opposition forces and sentiments as well as maintaining power. Under current conditions, genuine reforms are almost impossible to implement since they can lead to self-destruction ... ... Routledge., 2004. Р. 141—167.
4. Cordesman A. H., Greenwood J. M. The Israeli-Palestinian War: Escalating to Nowhere. Publishing Group, 2005. Р. 545.
5. Erlanger S. For Abbas, Palestinian Election May Be Easy Part // The New York Times. URL:
A unified and harmonised European law and its impact on third countries
... in the European Community in the fields of international civil procedure and private international law. On the basis of this power, the European Community enacted a series of Regulations, which will soon unify both areas of law. Such unification will ... ... 1.
26. Commission on European Family Law, available at: http://www.ceflonline.net/(accessed 01 December 2010).
27. European Group on Tort Law, available at: http://civil.udg.edu/tort/ (accessed 01 December 2010).
28. Study Group on a European Civil Code,...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... kosmicheskaja industrija - horoshij biznes dlja Latvii [Economy Minister: space industry - good business for Latvia], 2015, Mix Media Group, available at: http://www.mixnews.lv/ru/economics/news/2015-05-02/175319 (accessed 02.05.2015).
27. Biznes po vyrashhivaniju ... ... Baltii i Rossii (1991–2012 gg.) [Features of foreign trade relations of the Baltic States and Russia (1991-2012], Vlast' [Power], no. 3.
32. Chetyrehmesjachnyj gruzooborot portov stran Baltii umen'shilsja na 6,4% [The four turnover of Baltic ports ...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... housing costs (mortgage and rent) in one indicator given the current home ownership structure in an economy. After the purchasing power parity (PPP) adjustment, our calculations reveal that the standard of living disparities between the EU-11 and EU-15 states ... ... significant than when compared at nominal prices or PPP alone. Moreover, the disparity in average living standards between these two groups of countries turns out to be narrower than cross-regional differences within seven EU member states at the Eurostat’s ...
Around the “social pedagogy” of Paul Natorp: Vladimir Dinze in the debates on national upbringing. Part 1
... chertakh [The history of pedagogical ideas in it’s main traits], Moscow.
37. Semenov, Yu. I. 2003, Etnosy, natsii, rasy [Ethnic groups, nations, races], in: Gobozov, I. A. (ed.), Sotsial'naya filosofiya. Kurs lektsii [Social philosophy. Lectures], Moscow,... ... v pervye gody sovetskoi vlasti [Liberal education in province. The Nizhniy Novgorod university in the first years of Soviet power], Nizhnii Novgorod.
42. TsGIA, 1905 — . F. 14. Op. 3, no. 44031. Delo studenta Imperatorskogo Sankt- Peterburgskogo ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
... porosity building ceramics produced from local technogenic raw materials. Vilnius, Technika.
40. Lupeikis, K. 2007. Minimal power. Vilnius.
41. Baltrėnas, P. (et al.). 2007. Oil product sorbents in environmental protection.Vilnius.
42. Rudzkienė,... ....). 2010. Oceanologia, № 52 (2), pp. 197—210.
47. Olenin, S. (et al.). 2010. Marine Strategy Framework Directive. Task Group 2 Report. Non-indigenous species. Luxembourg, Communities.
48. Olenin, S. (et al.). 2010. Pathways of Aquatic Invasions ...
About one algorithm of calculation of inverses in finite fields
In work are two algorithms of calculation of inverses in a finite field qn F developed, where q is power of the prime number. They are received by generalisation of algorithm of Wong for a field F2n with use of the main idea ... ... Hall/CRC, 2006.
2. Handbook of finite Fields / Scientific editors, Gary L. Mullen, Daniel Panario. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2013.
3. Itoh T., Tsujii S. A fast algorithm for computing multiplicative inverses in GF(2m) using normal bases, Inform....
Social and cultural determinants in the perception of environmental risks: Douglas grid group analysis
... were factors related to the respondents' living environment — urban or rural. The main method of research was a focus group with subsequent processing of results using ATLAS.ti software programme. The study revealed that environmental risks are ... ... Bias // Douglas M. In the Active Voice. L., 1982.
9. Ilyashevich A. V. Risk Communication in the Sphere of Environmental Risk: Power Structures and Citizens // Regional Risks and Risks to the Regions : Conference Proceedings. Vilnius, 2018. P. 68—71....
The concept “people” in the Cadet Party rhetoric
... Moscow (in Russ.).
Maklakov, V. A., 1936. Vlast’ i obshchestvennost’ na zakate staroi Rossii (vospominaniya sovremennika) [Power and the public at sunset of old Russia (contemporary memories)]. Paris (in Russ.).
Milyukov, P. N., 1901. Ocherki po ... ... Protokoly TsK i zagranichnykh grupp konstitutsionno-demokraticheskoi partii. V 6 t. [Protocols of the Central Committee and foreign groups of the Constitutional democratic party. In 6 volumes]. Vol. 3. Moscow (in Russ.).
Pavlov, D. B. and Shelokhaev, V. V., ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... and interdependence of market actors. Therefore, the ability of managers to align the diverse interests of stakeholders — groups, organizations, and individuals that affect or may be affected by the organization's actions — appears to be crucial ... ... Initiatives //Journal of Business Ethics. 2009. Vol. 85. P. 257—272.
7. Bovaird T. Public governance: balancing stakeholder power in a network society //International Review of Administrative Sciences. 2005. Vol. 71, № 2. P. 217—228.
8. Brugha ...
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... scientific research methods (logical and structural analysis and the method of generalization), and statistical analysis (grouping, comparison and generalization). The results of the study include recommendations for city data management and for ... ....
12. Erkkilä T., Piironen O. Rankings and Global Knowledge Governance. Cham, 2018.
13. Florida R. The 25 most economically powerful cities in the world // Innovation. 2011. Vol. 992, № 984. URL:
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union in international trade, Europe and Central Asia reports, Washington, D.C., World Bank Group, available at:
... ... Russian Foreign Ministry. Russia and the world], no. 2, p. 130—116 (In Russ.).
34. Vorotnikov, V. V. Ivanova, N. A. Russian soft power in the Baltic States through the lens of research: traditions, competition, confrontation, Balt. Reg., vol. 11, no. 3, p....
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... resource industry town: Living out area or project of social and political stability (for example, Volsk Saratov region)], Vlast [Power], no. 4, p. 11—12.
5. Verdikt professionalov [Verdict of professionals], 2009, Terra Sapiens [Terra Sapiens. Scientific ... ... government], no. 54, Moscow, 224 p.
12. Manaeva, I. V. Podhody k gruppirovke monogorodov Rossijskoj Federacii [Approaches to grouping monocities Russian Federation], available at: http://srastvortseva.professorjournal.ru/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=a67ed1e2-e8b1-455d-8155-43a3c7739f35&groupId=992555 ...
Ideology of English monolingualism as the basis of the US language policy
3. Crawford J. Anatomy of the English-Only Movement. URL: http://ourworld.
compuserve. com/homepages/JWCRAWFORD/anatomy.htm (дата обращения:
4. Donahue T. American Language Policy and Compensatory Opinion // Power and Inequality in Language Education. Cambridge, 1995.
5. Epstein N. Language, Ethnicity, and the Schools: Policy Alternatives for Bilingual Education. Washington, 1977.
6. Kloss H. Language Rights of Immigrant Groups // International Migration Review. 1971. № 5. P. 250—268.
7. Tatalovich R. Nativism Reborn? The Official English Language Movement and the America States. Lexington, 1995.
8. Tollefson J. Planning Language, Planning Inequality: Language ...
The elite interaction in the post-Soviet Lithuania: the constitutional aspect
The article deals with the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania as a result of inter-elite struggles in post-Soviet period of different power groups.
1. Estonian Human Development Report. Baltic Way(s) of Human Development: Twenty Years On. 2010/2011. Eesti Koostöö Kogu. Tallinn. 2011.
2. Geddes B. Initiation of New Democratic Institutions in Eastern Europe and Latin America // A. Lijphart ...
Inter-organizational networks as seen by western economic sociology: An analysis of theoretical approaches
... Supplement. Vol. 94. P. 95—120.
5. Coleman J. Rational Action, Social Networks and the Emergence of Norms // Structures of Power and Constraint. N. Y., 1990. P. 91—112.
6. Davern M. Social Networks and Economic Sociology: A Proposed Research Agenda ... ... Embeddedness // American Journal of Sociology. 1985. Vol. 91, № 3. P. 481—510.
11. Granovetter M. Coase revisited: Business groups in the modern economy // Industrial and Corporate Change. 1995. № 1. P. 93—130.
12. Granovetter M. S. The Strength ...
The genetic patterns of severe therapeutically resistant asthma as shown by a transcriptomic study: An analysis of gene ontology and KEGG pathways
... gene expression in adults with severe therapy-resistant asthma. Performed 24-week prospective interventional study in parallel groups. Severe asthma patients was aposterior divided at therapy sensitive and resistant patients according to ATS criteria. Global ... ... Bioconductor. N. Y., 2005. P. 397—420.
10. Benjamini Y., Hochberg Y. Controlling the false discovery rate: a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing // J. R. Stat Soc B. 1995. № 57. P 289—300.
11. Jakschik B.A., Kuo C.G. Characterization ...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... region and the practices of migration management in the framework of risk theory within modern society studies. The key target group of the study are the migrants who have arrived to the region within the Federal Repatriation Programme. The work is based ... ... Acculturation and Adaptation, Applied psychology: An international review, Vol. 46 (1), p. 5—34.
21. Dean, M. 1999, Governmentality: power and rule in modern society, L.
22. Douglas, M. 1992, Risk and blame: essays in cultural theory, L., N. Y.
European and Eurasian integration: similarities and differences
... Экономика. Бизнес. Банки. 2017. № 3. С. 86—95.
21. Freire M. R. The quest for status: how the interplay of power, ideas, and regime security shapes Russia’s policy in the post-Soviet space // International Politics. 2019. Vol. ... ... Bedrina E. B.
international integration, integration processes, European integration, Eurasian integration, integration group, integration association, European Union, Eurasian Economic Union.
‘A power of shuffled letters’: anagrams in the European culture of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
This article addresses the history of anagrams in the European culture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance. The author stresses the variety of application of anagrams within cultural practices of difference social groups. Promising areas of research on anagrams in the context of European culture are identified.
1. Дементьев И. О. «Что (не) написал Соссюр»: полвека дискуссий о теории анаграмм // Вестник ...
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
... Democracy, Ann Arbor, University of Micigan Press, p.VlI.
11. Acemoglu, D., Robinson, J. 2012, Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty, Crown Publishers, New York, 571 p.
12. Yakovlev, I. A., Kabir, L. S., Nikulina, S. I., Rakov, ... ... Risk Analysis by Financial Institutions — a Review of Global Practice, 2016, An Input Paper for the G20 Green Finance Study Group, UNEP, available at:
Russophone immigration to Finland: new forms, trends, and consequences
25. Arshin, K. V., 2019, Dialectics of securitization and liberalization in the migration policy of Russia, Vlast’ [Power], vol. 27. no. 2, p. 38—42. doi:
26. Dezhina, I. G., Soldatova, ... ... factors, Balt, Reg., vol. 12, no. 1, p. 115—131. doi: 10.5922 / 2079-8555-2020-1-7.
27. Lohilahti, O. 2018, In Finland, a large group of Russian speakers live “on the margins of society, Inosmi, 21 March, available at:
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... changing the quality of relations between the partners.
1. Energy Efficiency in Russia: Untapped Reserves, 2013, World Bank Group, no date, p. 5, available at: http://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/de1e58804aababd79797d79e0dc67fc6/IFC+EE+in+Russia+Untapped+Potential.... ... and International Relations], no. 8, p. 54—61.
Romanova T. A.
EU-Russia relations, energy, energy efficiency, normative power, legal convergence
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... the memory of Russian policy], Politia, no. 4, p. 114—126.
16. Miller, А. I. 2009, Rossija: vlast' i istorija [Russia: the power and history], Pro et Contra, no. 2, p. 51—52.
17. «Plohie predchuvstvija». Telemost s istorikom Alekseem Millerom ["Bad ... ...?type=TA&reference=P6-TA-2005-0180&language=EN&ring=B6-2005-0290 (accessed 26.02.2015).
25. Hearing on Totalitarian Regimes, 2013, EPP Group Highlights, available at: http://arc.eppgroup.eu/press/phili13/highlights-10.pdf (accessed 26.02.2015).
26. Hobsbawm, ...