Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
Seaports operate on a highly competitive global transport market. To retain its competitive position a port (terminal) must strengthen its competitive advantages in all fields of activity. Ports are to expand and modernize their infrastructure and superstructure, and develop links with the hinterland and the foreland. The article describes how the port ...
Maritime transport as a system-building element of the Baltic transnational transport region
... викингов в Северной Европе и на Руси. СПб., 2005.
7. Карта Ганзейского союза. URL: http://gkaf.narod.ru/rh-book/l-feod5/f05-05.htm (дата обращения: 17.12.12).
8. Traffic flows between the Baltic Ports and other major European ports. URL:
http://www.port-net.net/studies/pdf_s/study_03_2.pdf (дата обращения: 17.12.2012).
9. Maritime Transport in the Baltic Sea / Draft HELCOM Thematic Assessment in 2006. URL:http://meeting.helcom.fi/c/document_library/get_file?...
The development of the industrial port complex of the Kaliningrad region
... strategies for the development of the Kaliningrad region. One of the most promising ideas is the marine economic strategy proposed V. V. Ivchenko. On the basis of this strategy, the author defines various possibilities of establishing an industrial port complex in the region. The main goal of the work is the analysis of the dynamics of the modern fishing industry and the infrastructural development of the seaport of Kaliningrad. The author attempts to assess the current potential of the regional ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
The Baltic region consists of coastal areas of nine countries — Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. The region’s hubs are the port cities located along the Baltic Sea coast. However, Peter Taylor and Saskia Sassen’s classification identifies higher status cities and ‘global cities’, which are to be considered in the global context. Seven coastal regions are distinguished ...
Implementation of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code and amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS 74/78) for ship-building
... amendments to SOLAS 74/78 convention, including the ISPS Code, which were adopted in December 2002 in the aftermath of September 11 attacks. Although the shipbuilding industry requires heightened security, the reasonability of equating shipyards with port facilities remains a matter of consideration by the contracting government.
1. Анянова Е. С. Роль Международной морской организации в формировании правового режима охраны ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... recent large projects in seaport infrastructure development. This article estimates the project’s significance for the development of the Baltic region and presents a competitive analysis of the seaport position in comparison to the largest European ports. The authors analyze the strengths of the seaport construction project, namely, the favorable natural environment and climate, advantageous geographical position, strong political will demonstrated by the federal and regional authorities. The article ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... strategic situation in order to maintain the components of marine potential of the Russian Federation at the level of its national interests. The article aims to develop an indicator system of assessment of coastal zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic capacities of the economic development of these territories in the complex approach. The research methodology is based on the assessment of marine potential of coastal territories as ...
The properties of a tunable frequency oscillator with the partial inclusion of the transistor in the circuit
... properties of a tunable frequency oscillator with a circuit between the collector and the base of the partial inclusion of the transistor in the circuit were studied using a method based on the presentation of bipolar transistor equivalent active two port circuit with negative conductivity.
1. Савченко М. П., Старовойтова О. В. Метод анализа высокочастотного транзисторного автогенератора // Вестник Балтийского ...
Economic Aspects of Russian-Baltic Relations in 2007—2008
... the remains and the monument to Soviet soldiers in central Tallinn on the Russian cargo transit flows through the Baltic Sea region is described. The author shows that there has been a redistribution of Russian cargoes and their shipment through the ports of Latvia and Lithuania lately. According to the author, the positive dynamics of Russian-Latvian and Russian-Lithuanian relations should be sustained, proceeding from the assumption that sooner or later, the logic of economic cooperation may prove ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... world-city system by the year 2000, Journal of Developing Societies, T. 12, Vol. 1, p. 52—67.
15. Cartier, C. 1999, Cosmopolitics and the maritime world city, The Geographical Review, T. 89, Vol. 2, p. 278—289.
16. Notteboom,T., Rodrigue, J.-P. 2005, Port Regionalization: Towards a New Phase in Port Development, Maritime Policy & Management, T. 32, Vol. 3, p. 297—313.
17. Verhetsel, A., Sel, S. 2009, World maritime cities: From which cities do container shipping companies make decisions? Transport ...
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
Russia’s evident ‘turn to the sea’ as regards the economy, the infrastructure, and population distribution patterns is very much in line with the interests and projects of large businesses. This change manifests itself in the development of port and logistics complexes, the port industry, the construction of offshore pipelines, more active offshore oil and gas production, the growing demographic potential of coastal cities, etc. This article aims to explore the localisation of large businesses ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... http://www.issras.ru/global_science_review/Nauka_za_rubejom_n28.pdf (accessed 12.03.2014).
16. Lavrov, S. B. 1983, Portovo-promyshlennye kompleksy v probleme vzaimootnoshenij obshhestva i prirodnoj sredy v okeane i regional'noe razvitie primorskih rajonov[Port and industrial complexes in the problem of relations between society and the natural environment in the ocean and regional development of coastal areas], Voprosy geografii okeana [Questions Ocean Geography], abstracts of the 1th Union Conference,...
Supranational Policy of Migrant Integration in the EU
... Improvement of Living…, available at: http://www.eurfoound.europa.eu/ewco/studies/tn0807038s/lu0807039q.htm (accessed: 21.01.2014).
20. Migrant Integration Policy Index, 2013, Mipex, available at: http://www.mipex.eu/about (accessed: 16.01.2014).
21. Portes, A., Zhou, M. 1994, Should Immigrants Assimilate? Public Interest, no. 116 (Summer), p. 1—17.
22. Portes, A., Borocz, J. 1989, Contemporary Immigration: Theoretical Perspectives on Its Determinants and Modes of Incorporation, International Migration ...
Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... 2012, Fond prirody podal v sud na Paldiski [Fund for Nature sued Paldiski], Postimees, 14 November, available at: http://rus. postimees.ee/1039866/fond-prirody-podal-v-sud-na-paldiski/ (accessed 25 December 2012).
10. Kosmynina, Т. 2011, Tallinnskij port i Elering pristupili k proektirovaniju terminala szhizhennogo gaza [Port of Tallinn and Elering started designing LNG terminal], Jestonskoe obshhestvennoe veshhanie (ERR) [Estonian Public Broadcasting (ERR)], 7 December, available at: http://rus....
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Ya., Govorushko, S. M. etc. 2010, Pribrezhno-morskoe prirodopol'zovanie: teoriya, indikatory, regional'nye osobennosti [Coastal-marine nature management: theory, indicators, regional features], Vladivostok. (In Russ.)
3. Association of Sea Commercial Ports, 2017, available at:
(accessed 01.02.2017). (In Russ.)
4. Baklanov, P. Ya. 1987, Formation of aqua-territorial economic complexes and areas in the Far East. In: Primorskie regiony: geograficheskie i sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie ...
Current and Prospective Transport Connections between Poland’s Border Voivodeships and Russia’s Kaliningrad Region
... between the border regions. These projects differ in timelines, scopes, and the range of resources required. In our opinion, the most promising project in a short-term perspective is the establishment of a waterway connection between Russian and Polish ports. The project includes the seaport terminal in Pionersky in the Kaliningrad region. Another promising project is the launch of a crossborder passenger railway connection using a European gauge.
Gumenyuk I. S., Studzieniecki T.
The innovative aspects of the fishing fleet development in the Russian exclave region
... importance given the revival of industrial fishing in the Kaliningrad region.
1. Goldman, I. M., Teplitsky, V. A. 1968, Organizacija kommercheskoj raboty flota i portov rybnoj promyshlennosti SSSR [The organization of the commercial fishing
fleet and the port industry of the USSR], Moscow, Piwevaja promyshlennost'.
2. Sysoev, N. P. 1989, Jekonomika rybnoj promyshlennosti [Economics of Fisheries], Moscow, VO «Agropromizdat».
3. Sysoev, N. P. 1992, Rybnoe hozjajstvo SSSR i Rossii (za 1990—1991 gg. —sostojanie ...
Competitiveness of the region: content, factors, policies
... экономики. Начало проекта / Государственный университет-Высшая школа экономики. М., 2004.
Trade Liberalization with Eastern Nations: How Sensitive? // Faini R and Portes R (eds) Eurropean Union Trade with
: Adjustment and Opportunities.
, CEPR, 1995.
Stiglitz J., Hoff K.
The Transition from Communism: A Diagrammatic Exposition of Obstacles to the Demand for the Rule of Law....
The influence of the transport factor on the investment competitiveness of coastal regions in the European part of Russia.
... classical economic and geographical research methods, the authors come to the conclusion that result-wise the regions under study are heterogeneous.
Gumenyuk I. S., Samusenko D. N.
coastal regions, European Russia, factors of regional development, transport system, foreign direct investment
Social and cultural determinants in the perception of environmental risks: Douglas grid group analysis
... the perception of environmental risks using the case of a salt deposit in the Kaliningrad region as an example. To achieve this aim, the author analyzed the social and cultural determinants of the population. The grid-group analysis was used as a supporting technique for the identification of cultural determinants. The following cultural determinants were identified: individualism, hierarchism, fatalism and egalitarianism. Social determinants were factors related to the respondents' living ...
Linguistic Means of achieving coherence in the regional certifycation documentation in the middle of the 18th century
... general character. The research material is the mid-18th century certificates and passports kept in the «Ataman of Michailovskaya Stanitsa» Fund of the Volgograd Regional State Archive. It is established that the texts of certificates and passports are different in their choice of cohesion means in the text. The certificates are characterized by a specific means of cohesion — the repetition of the names of the responsible persons in the initial and final paragraphs of the document. The specificity ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... 2, p. 28—43.
6. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016 "Marine component" of Russian social geography: traditions and innovations, Izvestiya RAN. Seriya geograficheskaya [Regional Research of Russia], no. 6, p. 7—16. (in Russ.)
7. Slack, B. 1989, The port service industry in an environment of change, Geoforum, Vol. 20, no. 4, p. 447—457.
8. Porter, M. E. 1990, The Competitive Advantage of Nations, New York.
9. Enright, M. J., Roberts, B. H. 2001, Regional clustering in Australia, Australian Journal ...
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
....delfi.ee/daily/business/kazhdoe-tretepredpriyatie-oschuschaet-vliyanie-rossijsko-ukrainskogo-krizisa?id=69890851 (accessed 15.12.2014).
3. Krupnyj rossijskij investor prismatrivaetsja k Sillamjajeskomu portu [A major Russian investor eyeing Sillamae port], 2014, Postimees, 4 September.
4. Kuznetsov, A. V. 2008, Evroregiony: polveka «maloj» integracii [Euroregions: half a century of "small" integration], Sovremennaja Evropa [Modern Europe], no. 2, p. 48—59.
5. Kuznetsov, A. V. Chetverikova,...
Geopolitical transformation of the Kaliningrad oblast of the Russian Federation
... Studies in Political Theory Cambridge, Massachusetts, The MIT Press, 1999.
The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order.
A Touchstone Book, 1997.
Political Writings. Cambridge, New York, Port Chester, Melbourne, Sydney, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
. Lithuanian Card in Russian Policy, 1914—1917 //
42. See also in Lithuanian:
Lietuvių korta ...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... 90, no. 2, p. 255—265.
27. Nielsen, S. B., Sørensen, P. B. 1997, On the optimality of the Nordic system of dual income taxation, Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 63, no. 3, p. 311—329.
28. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski, M. 2016, Development of Sea Port in Gdynia, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 49—55. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-3-4.
29. Razin, A., Rubinstein, Y. Sadka, E. 2003, Which Countries Export FDI, and How Much? Paper presented at the 6th Conference of the Analysis of International Capital ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... Use of the Vistula Lagoon, available at: http://vilaproject.eu (accessed 12 September 2013).
9. Gogoberidze, G. G., Mamaeva, M. A. 2011, Morskie portovo-promyshlennye kompleksy kak kljuchevye elementy subektov primorskih territorial'nyh uzlov [Marine port industrial complexes as key economic subjects of the seaside territorial junctures], Problemy sovremennoj ekonomiki [Problems of Modern Economics], no. 4, p. 291—294, available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/morskie-portovo-promyshlennye-kompleksy-kak-klyuchevye-ekonomicheskie-subekty-primorskih-territorialnyh-uzlov ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... stran Baltii i Rossii (1991–2012 gg.) [Features of foreign trade relations of the Baltic States and Russia (1991-2012], Vlast' [Power], no. 3.
32. Chetyrehmesjachnyj gruzooborot portov stran Baltii umen'shilsja na 6,4% [The four turnover of Baltic ports decreased by 6.4%], 2015, Buhgalterskie novosti [Accounting news], available at: http://rup.ee/rus/novosti/ekonomika-i-biznes/chetyrekhmesiachnyi-gruzooborot-portov-stran-baltii-umenshilsia-na-6-4 (accessed 09.06.2015).
33. «Bloomberg»: jeksport ...