The destinies of the Russian minority in Gdansk (translated from Polish by L. Maltsev)
... the Russian minority, the activity of religious, cultural, and educational organisations. The article offers a review of Russian periodicals published in Gdansk. It is emphasised that a specific feature of the social and political life of the Russian minority in Gdansk over the mentioned period was the dominance of political activity over other aspects of social life.
emigration, Russian diasporas, political struggle, national identity
Polish National Minority in East Prussia in Context of German-Polish Relations (1918-1939)
The influence of German-Polish relations on the status of the Polish national minority in East Prussia in 1918—1939 is considered in the article.
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
... religious principles that are often at odds with the democratic values of Danish society guide the actions of ghetto residents. Danish social and political discourse pictures this ideological difference between the host society and Muslim immigrant minorities as a potential threat to Denmark’s national security caused by a combination of political, social, and economic factors. The ensuing social disunity and violation of the country’s territorial integrity take the problem to a regional and international level. Through analysing public speeches ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... 12—18 Sept., no. 34 (239), p. 9.
2. Nacional'nyj sostav naselenija SSSR (po dannym Vsesojuznoj perepisi naselenija 1989 [The national structure of the population of the USSR (according to the Soviet census of 1989)], 1991, Moscow, Finansy i statistika.... ... 2012, Russkojazychnoe men'shinstvo v politicheskoj elite Latvii i Estonii: perspektivy «(de)germetizacii» [Russian-speaking minority in the political elite of Latvia and Estonia: Perspectives "(de) sealing"]. In: Gaman Golutvina, O. V., Klemeshev,...
The historical and national sources of the development of the modern Polish-Lithuanian conflict
... the two states. The authors come to a conclusion that the modern conflict between Poland and Lithuania has a historical and national basis and its rapid resolution, despite common political objectives, can hardly be expected.
1. Гудавичюс Э.... ... обращения: 24.05.2012).
Kretinin G. V., Fedorov G. M.
Poland, Lithuania, union, Polonization, conflict, Vilnius issue, ethnic minorities, relations, bilingualism.
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... fienomienologii nacii. F. А. Stepun ob osobennostiah russkoj kultury [From metaphysics to the phenomenology of the landscape of the nation. F. A. Stepun about the peculiarities of Russian culture] // Fedor Avgustovich Stepun / pod red. V. K. Kantora [Fyodor ... .... Kaminskiego [My life. Trans. A. Kaminski] // Hessen S. Pisma pomniejsze (Dziela wybrane. Т. 5) / sost. W. Okon [Hessen S. Minor writings. (Selected works. Vol. 5) / ed. W. Okon]. Warsaw, p. 45—47.
52. Hessen S. 1997 (f), Pisma pomniejsze (Dziela ...
Social conflicts as seen by residents of Saint Petersburg: An empirical study
... believe that religious and ethnic conflicts are the most dangerous ones and consider ‘conflicts over property and status’ a minor threat. Residents, associating themselves with the middle class, are more inclined to stress the danger of religious conflicts ... ... differing from the respondents, can be described in the following way: the most acute anxiety is caused by people of a different nationality, followed by nationals of other countries and members of other religions, then people with differing political views,...
The “Polish question” in Soviet-German relations in the second half of the 1920s (based on the materials of the USSR consulate in Königsberg)
... affected the nature of bilateral relations. The consulate documents indicate that Soviet diplomacy aspired to exploit the differences between Poland and Germany over a wide range of issues (the geopolitical situation of East Prussia, the position of national minorities, the problem of transit through the Polish corridor, the status of the Free city of Danzig, etc.). Soviet consuls carefully observed political life in Königsberg and the province. On the one hand, they paid attention to an increase in the ...
Social capital: a threat of negative application
... обращения: 02.09.2019).
18. Hanifan L. J. The Rural School Community Centre // Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Sciences. 1916. Vol. 67. Р. 130—138.
19. Lappé M., Du Bois Р. М. Building Social Capital without Looking Backward // National Civic Review. 1997. Vol. 86. Р. 119—128.
20. Likert R. The Human Organization. N. Y., 1967.
21. Loury G. A Dynamic Theory of Racial Income Differences // Women, Minorities, and Employment Discrimination. Lexington, 1977. Р. 153—188.
22. Niceforo A. L’io profondo e le sue maschere: psicologia oscura degli individui e dei gruppi social. Miiano, 1949. URL:
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
(accessed 11.04.2017). DOI: 10.1093/019925754X.001.0001
18. Kymlicka W. 1998, Finding Our Way. Rethinking Ethnocultural Relations in Canada, Toronto, Oxford, N. Y., p. 102.
19. Kymlicka, W. 1995, Multicultural Citizenship: A Liberal Theory of Minority Rights, Oxford, 296 p.
20. Leiken, S. 2004, Bearers of Global Jihad? Immigration and National Security after 9/11, Washington, p. 44—48.
21. Nielsen, S. J. 2012, Islam in Denmark: The Challenge of Diversity, ed., Lanham MD, Lexington, 262 p.
22. Nielsen, S. J. 2013, Muslim Political Participation in Europe, Edinburgh, 360 p. DOI:
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
... makes it possible to formulate certain recommendations and improve the measures to maintain the language and culture of ethnic minorities of the Russian North-West.
1. Bulkin, А. А. 2005, Geograficheskaja razobshhennost' i subjetnosy karel [Geographical ... ... materialy ob okonchatel'nyh itogah Vserossijskoj perepisi naselenija 2010 goda [Information materials on the final results of the National Population Census 2010], 2010, available at: https://quigonjinn04.appspot.com/www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/perepis2010/perepis_itogi1612....
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
... Latvia, and Estonia. The article stresses the problem of legitimacy reproduction resulting from the limited representation of the national party systems. Special attention is paid to compensatory mechanisms used by political elites to ‘artificially’ reproduce ... ... russkojazychnogo men'shinstva [The problem of "(de) sealing" of the political elite of Latvia and Estonia: Russian-speaking minority perspectives], Sravnitel'naja politika [Comparative Politics], no. 3(9), p. 149-161.
6. Habermas, Yu. 2010, Problema ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... insignificant (Turks in Germany). The demographic mosaic of the European Union is becoming increasingly fragmented, which makes any national level demographic forecasts inconsequential. However, community-level forecasts are possible and necessary. All this ... ... available at:
. vesti. ru/doc. html?id=308452 (accessed 08.04.2016). (In Russ.)
12. Klupt, M. А. 2011, Immigrant minorities of Western countries: geo-demographic dynamics in the 2000s, Izvestiya Russkogo Geograficheskogo Obshchestva ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Kinder, D., Kam, C. 2009, Us Against Them: Ethnocentric Foundations of American Opinion, Chicago, IL.
5. Hopkins, D. J. 2011, National Debates, Local Responses: The Origins of Local Concern about Immigration in Britain and the United States, Brit. J. Polit.... ... Sniderman, P. M., Hagendoorn, L., Prior, M. 2004, Predisposing Factors and Situational Triggers: Exclusionary Reactions to Immigrant Minorities, Am. Polit. Sci. Rev., Vol. 98, no. 1, p. 35—49.
14. Albertson, B., Gadarian, S. 2012, Who's Afraid of Immigration?...