Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... for the Baltic Sea Region in June 2009. An increase in the efficiency of Russia’s policy in the region requires not only the development of bilateral relations with the region’s countries but also a dialogue with the European Union, the key player in ... ... of the EU Baltic strategy in 2009—2013. The article examines the evolution of the Strategy, which initially ignored Russian national interests in the region, yet eventually resulted in cooperative efforts in the areas of common interest such as energy,...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
... operational programmes, as well as the private sector. Political stabilisation and economic development may transform, in a longer time span, the emerging transnational Baltic... ... documents and reports drawn up by public institutions, the European Commission, and EU national and regional strategic documents.
1. Palmowski, T. (ed.) 2006, Europa Bałtycka... ... ma własną tożsamość? Herito, no. 20, p. 104—113.
11. Słomczyńska, I. 2014, Strategie makroregionalne Unii Europejskiej jako instrument zarządzania wielopoziomowego...
East Baltics: Economic Dilemmas of Security
... Baltics, it is advisable to estimate military spending as a proportion of budget revenues rather than that of GDP — this recommendation applies to all smaller states. The authors stress that the central component of any national military and economic development is a focus on general national objectives rather than solely military ones. Economically advanced countries integrate defence spending into their investment and innovation strategies and industrial policies. Smaller countries — and the Baltics are no exception — do not apply this principle. Their military spending does not contribute to the technological and economic agenda. The article shows that the military spending ...
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
Through a situational approach to strategic management of regional and urban development it is possible to identify the interaction between the managerial process and mechanism; bring together the spatial ... ... Development of the Government of Moscow) by an international team headed by the experts of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration and the Higher School of Economics.
1. Atkinson, R. 2010, Evroremont gradostroitel'noj ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... BaltSeaPlan Report 2 — Strategies with relevance for German maritime space, Hamburg.
17. Morf, A. 2012, BaltSeaPlan Report 7 — Strategies with relevance for Swedish maritime space, Gothenburg.
18. Gee, K., Kannen, A., Heinrichs, B. 2011, BaltSeaPlan Report 8 — Towards a common spatial vision: Implications of the international and national policy context for Baltic Sea space and MSP, Geesthacht.
19. Zaucha, Ja., Matczak, M. 2011, BaltSeaPlan Report 10 — Developing a Pilot Maritime Spatial Plan for the Southern Middle Bank, Gdańsk.
20. Käppeler, B., Toben, S. 2012, Grazyna Chmura,...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
The Kaliningrad region is developing in complicated exclave conditions, which results in insufficient resilience of its economy to external impacts. There ... ... analyse complex statistical data from 1990—2012 and the modern condition of the Kaliningrad regional economy compared to the national average. The article relies heavily on the results of the survey of specialists working in regional companies. Russian ...
Lithuanian energy policy in 1990—2009 and the prospects of its development until 2020
This article considers the key stages of Lithuanian energy evolution since 1990 and the factors that affected the strategy of Lithuanian energy sector development in the period of preparation and accession to the European Union. The author offers the estimations and general strategic recommendations regarding national energy policy, which were developed by the specialists of the Lithuanian Energy Institute.
energy, energy strategy, European Union, liberalisation of energy markets, global energy market, energy efficiency
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... of expert opinion and statistical analysis as well as the authors’ own data to consider the problems of international trade development in Saint Petersburg and the ways to improve the city’s competitiveness. The authors estimate the international trade ... ... regional authorities, and the business community.
1. Anholt, S. 2007, Competitive Identity. The New Brand Management for Nations. Cities and regions, London, 128 p.
2. Avraham, E., Ketter, E. 2007, Media Strategies for marketing place in crisis improving the image of cities, countries and tourism destinations, Oxford, 231 p.
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
From the perspective of the modern system of domestic relations facilitating the development of research and industrial potential of the country and aimed at creating the conditions for the development of science ... ... Kaulakienė, A. 2009. Development of the Lithuanian terminology of physics. Vilnius.
25. Butkevičius, A. (et al.). Planning of national budget expenditure. 2009. Vilnius.
26. Navarro-Aviñó, J. P. (et al). 2009. Phytoremediation: the green salvation ...
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
... pictures this ideological difference between the host society and Muslim immigrant minorities as a potential threat to Denmark’s national security caused by a combination of political, social, and economic factors. The ensuing social disunity and violation ... ... level. Through analysing public speeches of Danish social and political actors, this article reconstructs key stages in the development of parallel societies in Denmark. Another focus is official government strategies to prevent isolated immigrant areas from turning into ghettoes: the Government’s Strategy against Ghettoisation (2004),...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... in Europe and worldwide. It is largely viewed as a potential strategy for societal development, aimed to increase prosperity while reducing dependence on raw materials... ... the Circular Economy: The Role of Recycling Within a Hierarchy of Material Management Strategies, Waltham.
4. Arthur, W. B. 2011, The Second Economy, McKinsey Quarterly,... ...
Grigoryan A. A., Borodavkina N. U.
circular economy, recycling, and raw materials, national development strategy, sustainable development strategy
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
This study responds to the need for measures to mitigate the effects of national actions to slow the spread of Covid-19. National responses are dynamic processes and thus an elusive, albeit important,... ... Central Asia: What to Expect in the Time of COVID-19? Information note. May 27, 2020. International Center for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), Secretariat of the Prague Process at ICMPD, available at:
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
This article considers major trends in the spatial and sectoral structure of national production and analyses the patterns of transformation of industrial systems into integrated industrial complexes, which ... ... make it possible to identify major trends in national production. The article seeks to draw attention to the methodology of developing and implementing industrial policy and devising an algorithm of effective transition of Russian industries in the modern ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... potential threats to Russia’s military security and its armed forces are assessed. The article considers measures to enhance national security that could be taken by Russia provided the US plans to deploy BMD in Europe are fully implemented.
1. Arbatov,... ... Konishev, V. N., Sergunin, А. А. 2015, Perspektivy razvitija nacional'noj sistemy protivoraketnoj oborony SShA [Prospects of development of the US national missile defense system], Nacional'nye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost' [National interests priorities ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
Reinvigorating Russia’s development strategy requires a comparison between the social development of the Russian ... ... Review, no. 35(23), p. 350—357.
13. Ephrenesis, D. 1994, Policy uses of HDI: Goals and strategies, SIDA Planeringssekretariatet.
14. Fujita, M., Krugman, P. 2004, The New... ....org/sites/default/files/reports/266/hdr05_complete.pdf
24. Human Development Report 2010 The Real Wealth of Nations: Pathways to Human Development, 2010, available at:
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Rakhmatullin R. The Quadruple / Quintuple innovation helixes and smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe and beyond // J. of the Knowledge... ... (1). P. 1—38.
22. Etzkowitz H., Leydesdorff L. The dynamics of innovation: from national systems and ‘mode 2’ to a triple helix of university-industry-government... ... programm on the implementation of the priority areas of research and (socio-cultural) development and innovation (smart specialisation) and their priorities 30 Apr. 2014...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
The article focuses on multiple cases of the politicization of history by the Baltic political elites. Three states of development of politics of memory in the Baltic States are identified. Problems of political exploitation of the past are scrutinized ... ... stroitel'stva postsocialisticheskih nacij ["Politics of memory" as a tool for the construction of the postsocialist nations], Zhurnal sociologii i social'noj antropologii [Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology], no. 4, p. 106—123.
The Kaliningrad dilemma: a 'development corridor' or a 'double periphery'? The geopolitical factor of the development of the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea
The Kaliningrad region, being an exclave, needs an updated regional development strategy based on the national strategy of modernisation and innovation-based development and, at the same time, taking into account the geopolitical ... ... URL: http://www.etela-suomi.fi/english/pdf/kivikari (дата обращения: 15.03.2008).
regional strategies, development corridor, geopolitical factor, Kaliningrad region, Baltic region
The changing role of border regions in the regional policies of the EU and Russia
... regulations, and statistics on the regional distribution of federal investment in fixed assets. It is shown that the federal border region policy is largely a reflection of the features and problems of Russia’s regional policy as a whole. Currently, the development of cross-border cooperation is affected more strongly by national security concerns than by economic growth considerations. Cross-border cooperation is no longer part of the regional policy. Border regions, however, have received an increasing proportion of federal investments in recent years, particularly,...
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg has a special mission in delivering national development priorities, ensuring sustainable economic growth, and commercializing R&D. This necessitates research on the situation ... ... The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies to employ investment tools in delivering development strategies, which determine to a large extent the competitiveness of the city’s economy. This article presents a study into ...
The concept of guerrilla warfare in Lithuania in the 1920—1930s
... military and tactical training of the members of the Lithuanian Riflemen’s Union for guerrilla warfare in the interwar period. Small nations, such as Lithuania and other Baltic states, being unable to build up military strength in order to ensure national security, were forced to seek for unconventional methods of warfare, including guerrilla strategies. The study places emphasis on the development of the guerrilla war concept in the Union periodicals. The author retraces a change in the intensity of the guerrilla warfare concept propagation amongst Lithuanian population and riflemen, in particular, through publications in the Trimitas ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... multimodal complex — the commercial seaport of Ust-Luga. This is one of the most recent large projects in seaport infrastructure development. This article estimates the project’s significance for the development of the Baltic region and presents a competitive ... ... Kolesnikov, V. V. 2012, Nacional'naja infrastruktura i gosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnjorstvo: potrebnosti sovremennoj jekonomiki [National
infrastructure and public-private partnership: the needs of the modern economy], Kreativnaja jekonomika [Creative economy],...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... the methodology be further improved for future clustering of Russian and EU regions according to the level of their innovative development.
1. Avdulov, A. N., Kulkin, А. М. Pokazateli nauchno-tehnicheskogo potenciala. Metody sravnitel'nogo analiza [Indicators ... ... In: Nauchnye trudy Doneckogo nacional'nogo tehnicheskogo universiteta. Serija: ekonomicheskaja [Scientific papers of Donetsk National Technical University. Series: Economic.], Vol. 68, Donetsk, Doneckij nacional'nyj tehnicheskij universitet, pp. 88—96....
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... article concerns the role that international cooperation in research, technology, and innovation plays in ensuring innovative development and producing an innovative model of the Russian economy. One of the key objectives of the country’s integration ... ... aspekty formirovanija i razvitija nacional'noj innovacionnoj sistemy [Spatial aspects of the formation and development of the national innovation system], Innovacii [Innovations], no. 11 (157), p. 24—34.
8. Voloshenko, K.Yu. 2012, The methodological ...
Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions
The relevance of this study stems from the importance of Russia’s coastal regions for the development of the national economy and foreign economic ties. There are significant differences between coastal regions, which should be taken into ... ....
8. Klemeshev, A., Fedorov, G. 2005, From an isolated exclave – to a “development corridor”. Alternative development strategies of the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea, Kaliningrad, 194 p.
Fedorov G., Korneevets V.
coastal regions, socioeconomic ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
Transnational (involving countries) and cross-border (involving adjacent regions of different countries) cooperation and integration are rapidly developing in the Baltic Sea region. Russia lags behind the Nordic countries and Germany as far as innovative development is concerned; yet our national pace here is comparable to that of Poland and the three Baltic States. At the same time, the features of innovative cooperation vary a great deal depending on the group of countries involved in cooperation processes. Independent of its type, ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Technology. Boston : Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
11. Coe N. M., Yeung H. M., Dicken H. W. Globalizing’ regional development: a GPNs perspective // Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2004. № 29. P. 468—484.
12. Contractor F., Lorange P. Cooperative Strategies in International Business. Lexington, Mass. : Lexington Books, 1988.
13. Cooke P. Enterprise Support Policies in ... ... and local capability formation //Research Policy. 2002. P. 1417—1429.
18. Forfas publications. Innovation networks. The national policy and advisory board for enterprise, science, technology and innovation, 2004.
19. Freeman L. C. Centrality in ...
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
Sustainable development is a term that is widely used by politicians nowadays. The definition of ... ... organizations can join in sharing resources for creating a sustainable future. Anticorruption strategies are related to the reform of state institutions. One advantage of the fundamental... ... 37(1), p. 416—430.
7. Hargroves, K., Smith M. (ed). 2005, The Natural Advantage of Nations:
Business Opportunities, Innovation and Governance in the 21st Century.
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... factor, including comparative analysis of the elite re-grouping processes, as well as in developing corresponding university courses. As to the practical aspect, the results... ... Nacional'nyj sostav naselenija SSSR (po dannym Vsesojuznoj perepisi naselenija 1989 [The national structure of the population of the USSR (according to the Soviet census of... ... Socialinių tyrimų institutas, Eugrimas.
12. Kruusvall, J., Vetik, R., Berry, J. 2009, The Strategies of Interethnic adaptation of Estonian Russians, Studies of Transition and...
Emotional and receptive-axiological aspects of the speech act of threat in everyday conflict communication in Russian
... Dostizheniya i perspektivy razvitiya molodezhnoi nauki: sb. st. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Achievements and prospects for the development of youth science: Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference]. Petrozavodsk. pp. 354—360 (in Russ.).
Issers, O. S., 2008. Kommunikativnye strategii i taktiki russkoj rechi [Communication strategies and tactics of Russian speech]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Zhuchkov, D. O., 2009. On the question of the definition and classification ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... Flotow, L., Mentzel, T. 1998, The Baltic Sea Region: Business and Industry, Politics, Developments and Trends, Hagbarth Publications.
31. Górka-Winter, B. 2002, Miejsce... ... Paris, The Hague, London.
33. Grzelakowski, A. 2010, Region Morza Bałtyckiego — strategie rozwoju, Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Szczecińskiego, no. 589; Ekonomiczne... ... International Water Assessment. Baltic Sea, GIVA Regional Assessment, Nairobi, United Nations Environment Programme.
46. Lach, Z. 2012, Geopolityczne aspekty kształtowania...
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
... nature management using the tools of spatial planning is fully justified in the case of transborder regions as well as in that of national ones. However, in Russia, spatial (strategic and territorial) planning does not imply joint development of documents with the border regions of neighbouring states. Nevertheless, the border position of a region (at least, due to the presence of border zones) has a significant effect on the content of regional strategies for socioeconomic development and schemes for territorial planning of constituent entities and municipal districts....
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... 1996, Crucible of Beliefs: Learning, Alliances and World Wars, N. Y.
8. Alesina, A., Spolaore, F. 1997, On number and size of nations, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 112, no. 4, p. 1027—1056.
9. Alesina, A., Warsziarg, R. 1999, Is Europe going ... ... Union: Foreign Policy and Europeanization, London & New York.
34. Elson, A. 1997, Baltic State Membership in the European Union: Developing a Common Asylum and Immigration Policy, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, Vol. 5, no. 1, Article 15, p. 317—340,...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... regions. The authors suggest approaches to managing structural changes in the economies of the NWFD regions. The authors propose a new method for the identification of the regional economic specialization on the basis of the reginal economy sectoral development rate. The article describes a methodology for identifying the development of the regional economic sectors using the ‘gross value added index’ calculated per capita and per sector against the national average. The article presents the analysis of the structural changes in the NWFD gross regional product. The proposed gross value added index helps to identify the upward and downward trends in each sector compared to the national average. Based ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... Asheim B. T. Industrial districts, inter-firm co-operation and endogenous technological development: the experience of developed countries // Technological dynamism in industrial... ... Towards the learning region. Futures. 1995. № 27(5). P. 527—536.
51. Fombrun C. J. Strategies for network research in organizations // The Academy of Management Review... ... for Prosperity. N. Y., 1984. P. 355.
69. Porter M. E. The Competitive Advantage of Nations. N. Y., 1990. P. 875.
70. Smith K. New directions in research and technology...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... Korneevets, V. S. 2015, Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions, Balt. Reg., Vol. 7, no. 2, p. 89—101. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-7.
3. Fedorov G. M., Kuznetsova T. Yu., Razumovskii V. M. 2017, How the Proximity of the Sea Affects Development of Economy and the Settlement Pattern in Kaliningrad Oblast, Regional Research of Russia, Vol. 7, no. 4, p. 352—362.
4. Strategiya natsional'noi bezopasnosti Rossii [The National Security Strategy of Russia], 2015, Moscow, available at:
Authority/president (accessed 31.08.2017) (in Russ.)
5. Druzhinin, A. G. 2017, The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical ...
Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region
... article offers a pragmatic approach to certain aspects of cross-border regionalisation. The marketing component of Euroregion development and the implementation of cross-border cooperation projects are considered as key directions of the joint activity ... ... Балтийского моря.
http://www.lenobl. ru/economics/foreign/neighbour/ Baltic_region#reg34
4. Anholt S. Nation Branding: A continuing theme. Brand management. 2002. № 10 (1). Р. 59—60.
5. Anholt S. Competitive identity: The ...
The concepts of citizenship and estate in Russian history — continuity and / or intermittence
The author studied the development of the concept “people” in contemporary history taking into account ... ... parallels between the ideology of citizenship, the development of the concept “people / nation” and the interpretation of the concept “citizenship”. Contemporary theoretical... ... in Russian and Eurasian History, 7 (2), pp. 173—194.
Mann, M., 1987. Ruling Class Strategies and Citizenship. Sociology, 21 (3), pp. 339—354.
Pocock, J. G., 1998. A...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... inertia, confrontation, and cooperation scenarios and examines their prerequisites and possible consequences. The scenarios are developed based on an analysis of geographic, economic, and political factors. The decisive factor is a state-controlled foreign ... ... Strengthen Security Cooperation, Backgrounder, no. 2851, The Heritage Foundation.
8. Colomer, J. 2007, Great Empires, Small Nations. The Uncertain Future of the Sovereign State, Routledge.
9. Di Paola, G., Shirreff, R., Heisbourg, F., Szatkowski, T.,...
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... strategij razvitija Evropejskogo sojuza i Rossijskoj Federacii» [Interim report on the study, "The Baltic Sea Region in focus development strategies of the European Union and the Russian Federation"], available at: http://www.n-west. ru/wp-content/uploads/2000/02/Promezhutochnyiy-otchyot-issledovaniya_21.... ...
42. Pislyakov, V., Shukshina, E. 2012, Measuring Excellence in Russia: Highly Cited Papers, Leading Institutions, Patterns of National and International Collaboration, Proceedings of STI 2012 Montréal, 17th International Conference on Science and Technology ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
... for example, could require pooling of competitive advantages of these areas. The analysis of strategic documents of regional development, however, shows that the issue of interregional cooperation has not been duly addressed at any level, theoretical ... .... 25, p. 27—34.
2. Dvorcova, E. N. 2011, Otechestvennyj i zarubezhnyj opyt upravlenija hozjajstvom pribrezhnyh territorij [National and international experience of economic management of coastal areas], Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom, no. 2, p. ...
Stakeholder approach to the implementation of the ‘third mission’ of universities
... successfully employed in the management of large organisations, may be applied for the development of mechanisms for effective implementation of the ‘third mission’ by... ... in organising stakeholder interactions at Russian universities and analyse possible strategies to improve the situation. We use the examples of Polish, Swedish, and Russian... ... may contribute to better management at Russian educational institutions and benefit national education authorities.
Klemeshev A. P., Kudryashova E. V., Sorokin S....
The Kaliningrad Region: Challenges of the Exclave Position and Ways to Offset Them
... problems in the current geopolitical situation. The article employs statistics, regional strategies, cross-border cooperation programmes, and expert interviews conducted by... ... different stakeholders and estimating the problems and prospects of the region’s development as either Russia’s military outpost in Europe or as a ‘cooperation laboratory... ... susceptibility of local cross-border cooperation actors to the belligerent rhetoric of national authorities on either side of the border. The study of the state of affairs...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
Nowadays, one of the principal dimensions in attraction of the world economy structures is coastal territories as spaces where marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital to set the priorities of development of coastal zones taking into account the changes in the strategic situation in order to maintain the components of marine potential of the Russian Federation at the level of its national interests. The article aims to develop an indicator system of assessment of coastal zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic capacities of the economic development of these territories ...
Strategic development of a university in the Russian exclave
... Systems Project — Phase I. [online] Available at: http://web.mit.edu/lis> [Accessed 5 July 2010]
1993. National Systems of Innovation: A Comparative Analysis. Oxford.
2003. Managing successful universities. McGraw ... ... Knowledge Economy A Triple Helix of University-Industry-Government Relations. London.
Klemeshev Andrey, Gareev Timur
regional strategies, development corridor, geopolitical factor, Kaliningrad region, Baltic region
An escape from the embrace of politics. A study into the cultures of remembrance as a means to encourage a historical dialogue in Lithuanian-Russian relations
... interest in mutual knowledge of cultures of remembrance in this space. Outlining the strategies specific to the prevailing cultures of remembrance in contemporary Russia... ... social groups in both Lithuania and Russia may be considered as a basis for further development of the historical dialogue. It is assumed that such research may contribute... ... modern politics memories Lithuania], Ab Imperio: Studies of New Imperial History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet Space, no 3, p. 424—458.
3. Kasparavičius, A., Laurinavičius...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... paper considers the features of international clusters in the Baltic Sea region, as well as certain cases of implementation of national and international cluster policy. A comparative analysis of the Baltic Sea region provides a basis for identifying countries ... ... ated_Report_Clusters_are_individuals_Vol._II.pdf (accessed 16 December 2012).
6. Dávila, N. G. 2011, Simultaneous cooperation and competition for economic development: the case of Copenhagen capacity (Denmark) and invest in Skane (Sweden) to foster the Medicon valley cluster, Edinburgh,...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... of international environmental education. Russian and German researchers from six universities and four research centres have developed the programme. The target group of the programme are Russian and international students, studying together during the ... ... partner of the project), and university professors from Helsinki (Finland) and Lisbon (Portugal). Researchers from the Austrian National Institute of Polar Research (Austria, and Lund University (Sweden) will join the programme at a later stage. Such an ...
The open method of coordination as a new form of governance: features, characteristics, prospects of application
... Community Method. The author justifies new modes of governance, offers their key characteristics and outlines their possible ways of development.
The open method of co-ordination: the Linux of European integration? A theoretical and ... ... hybridity.
Jean Monnet Working Paper
The Europeanisation of national social policies through the OMC: The case of Greek employment policy: paper for contribution at the ESPAnet Conference....
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... the stability of regional economy. The study employs economic statistical methods and identifies factors affecting regional development. The author analyses the dependence of the manufacturing industry on customs and tax privileges under the law On the ... ... imported raw materials and components. It is expected that the companies enjoying customs privileges to produce goods for the national market will receive government support for reequipment. Effective use of the allocated funds would require setting up ...