Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... mobility of population involving growing numbers of people into international migration processes. This article is an attempt to assess the density of migration connections between European states based on the 1990—2015 quantitative data. An analysis of migration flows and relevant net migration and net migration and migration localisation at the national and regional levels makes it possible to identify key trends in the spatial and temporal transformation of this phenomenon on the European continent. Calculations ...
Geography of European Migration
... attractiveness for both foreigners and the country’s citizens. The study shows that European countries are increasingly split into ‘immigrant’ and ‘emigrant’ states. The authors describe spatial patterns of migration. The volume and localisation of migration flows in Europe are affected not only by cultural and historical circumstance, such as a colonial past or a common language. The scale of immigrant influx often does not depend on a donor country’s demographic potential or the level of its socio-economic ...
Migration in the Kaliningrad region reflected in the 1989—2015 censuses and microcensuses
... micro-census data can significantly advance the current knowledge of this unique region. This holds true for the data relating to the results of pre-survey migration. This approach differs markedly from traditional migration studies in Russia, which rely on migration flow data, in both data sources and migration criteria employed. Our study uses the place of birth data from the 1989, 2002, and 2010 censuses and the 1994 and 2015 microcensuses. We conclude that the proportions of residents born locally and in post-Soviet ...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... p. 7—21. doi:
2. Ryazantsev, S. V., Khorie, N. 2011, Modelirovanie potokov trudovoi migratsii iz stran Tsentral’noi Azii v Rossiyu: ekonomiko-sotsiologicheskoe issledovanie [Modeling labor migration flows from Central Asian countries to Russia: economic and sociological research], Moscow, 189 p. (in Russ.).
3. Wagner, V. 2020, Migration and Mobility in Eastern Europe and Central Asia: What to Expect in the Time of COVID-19? Information note. May ...
Geography of external migration ties of the Kaliningrad region in the 1990s and 2000s
... United Nations Demographic Yearbook 2014. URL:
(дата обращения: 22.01.2016).
migration links, the intensity ratio of the inter-regional migratory flows, migration gravitation zone
The Effect of Migration on Latvia’s Sex and Age Composition
... cities makes it possible to identify temporal and age/space features of migration. A comparison of the official data with net migration rates calculated for different age groups ensures a more accurate estimate of the actual volume and direction of migration flows for certain Latvian cities. The method for calculating net migration for the selected age groups, described in the article, may narrow the gaps in the current migration statistics and reveal the territorial inhomogeneity of demographic processes....
Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context
... последствий трудовой миграции для принимающей мигрантов территории // Региональные исследования. 2016. № 2 (52). С. 66—71.
7. Ghatak S., Pop-Silaghi M. I., Daly V. Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK // Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. 2009. Vol. 18. P. 61—78.
8. White R. Immigrant-trade links, transplanted home bias and network effects // Applied Economics. 2007. Vol. 39, № 7. ...
Dynamics of falling rotating particle. Part 1
... and at large numbers of Reynolds up to values 1000. However at values of large numbers 2000 results of calculations do not correspond to ex-perimental datas. In the latter case the new formula is recommended.
1. Vasseur P., Cox R. G. The lateral migration of spherical particles sedimenting in a stagnant bounded fluid // J. Fluid Mech. 1977. Vol. 80, № 3. P. 561—591.
2. Dennis S. C., Singh S. N., Ingham D. B. The steady flow due to rotating sphere at low and moderate Reynolds numbers // Ibid. 1980. Vol. 101. P. 257—279.
3. Shraiber А. А., Gavin L. B., Naumov V. A., Yatsenko V. P. Turbulent flows in gas suspensions. N. Y., 1990.
4. Rubinow S. I., Keller J. B. The ...
The externalisation of migration control in the European Union: first steps towards the external dimension of the space of freedom, security and justice
... European Union, they concern a significant number of third countries, including Russia. In our view, the efforts to manage the flow of migrants and asylum seekers constitute a viable part of the external dimension within the AFSJ policies. Much of this ... ... scholars of the Paris School, a school within the discipline of security studies that conceptualized the connection between migration, terrorism, asylum, crime and ethnic clashes, and its role as a major threat facing the European Union. Externalization ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
25. Anderson, B., Poeschel, F., Ruhs, M. 2020, COVID-19 and systemic resilience: What role for migrant workers? Geneva, IOM.
26. Poletaev, D. 2020, Migration Consequences of the “Perfect Storm”: What Effect Will the Coronavirus Pandemic Have on Migration Issues? The Russian International Affairs Council, available at:
27. Lialina, A. V. 2018, Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context, Vestnik BFU im. I. Kanta. Seriya: Estestvennye i meditsinskie nauki [VESTNIK IKBFU. NATURAL AND MEDICAL SCIENCES], no. 4, p. 47—64 (in Russ....
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... protsessy [Mosaic urban spaces: economic, social, cultural and ecological processes], Collected materials of All-Russian scientific conference, Moscow, MSU, 27—29 November 2015, p. 79 -84. (In Russ.)
10. Zhitin, D., Krasnov, A., Shendrik, A.2016, Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 101—124. DOI: 10.5922/2079—8555—2016—2—6.
11. Every fifth inhabitant of the European Union in 2050 will be a Muslim, 2009, Vesti. Ru, available at:
Gravitation power and migratory mobility of the regions population
This article considers the possibility of using the gravity model when analysing modern interregional migration flows. The author analyses the case of migration patterns of the Novgorod and Pskov regions with the help of the gravity model method.
1. Власов М. П., Шимко П. Д. Моделирование экономических процессов....
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... okresie przemian ustrojowych / ed. D. Szymańska. Toruń, 2000. Р. 9—11.
30. Kuptsch Ch. The Economic Crisis and Labour Migration Policy in European Countries // Comparative Population Studies — Zeitschrift für Bevölkerungswissenschaft. 2012.... ... Ìwana Franka Olega Ŝablìâ / ed. O. Ŝablìj. L`wìw,2007. P. 255—264.
40. Molodikova I. N., Nozdrina N. N. Migratory flows to Russia and their effect on the territorial distribution of the population // Procesy i formy ruchliwości przestrzennej ...
Impact of external migration on changes in the Swedish religious landscape
... structure of Swedish population (as a result of the growing number of non-Christians) and the geographical structure of migrant flows into the country. This novel study addresses the mosaic structure of the Swedish religious landscape taking into account ... ... and demographic studies of the confessional structure of the Swedish population.
Agafoshin M. M., Gorokhov S. A.
Sweden, migration, confessional structure of population, religious landscape, Islam, refugees, parallel societies
The ‘hybrid model’ of Norway’s ethnic policy in its northern counties: a key to stable interethnic relations
... Science Foundation. Our study aims to provide a historical perspective to the model of Norway’s national ethnic policy in the Northern counties by identifying the operational capabilities and assessing the efficiency of these models amid increasing migration flows and changes in the country’s socio-economic environment. The methods we use in this multidisciplinary study are situated at the interface of national and international law, political science, history, and sociology. They include the comparative ...
Development of Aland Islands: major trends and challenges
... Aland Islands, describes main international legal regulations determining current status of the islands, identifies the trends in volume and structure of economic activities, ana lyzes processes of population change by regions and communes, as well as migration flows. The article also characterizes legal framework for socioeconomic development of the Finnish region. It is argued that the key factor behind modern welfare of the islands is not their political status or institutional makeup, but rather their economic ...