The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... Moscow (in Russ.).
35. Tilly, C. 2011, The impact of the economic crisis on international migration: a review, Work,
Employment and Society, vol. 25, no. 4, p. 675—692. doi:
36. Kuptsch, C. 2012, The Economic Crisis and Labour Migration Policy in European Countries, Comparative Population Studies, vol. 37, no. 1—2.
37. Lafleur, J. M., Stanek, M. 2017, EU Migration and the Economic Crisis: Concepts and Issues. In: South-North Migration of EU Citizens in Times of Crisis.
International Migration in the Periods of Transition and Crisis: the Case of Latvia
22. New Transnational Social Spaces. International migration and transnational companies in the early twenty-first century / ed. L. Pries. L.; N. Y., 2001.
23. Vertovec S. Transnationalism. L., 2009.
Göler D., Krišjāne Z., Bērziņš M.
migration, Latvia, transition, accession to the EU, economic crisis
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Huddled Masses? The Causes and Consequences of Public Misperceptions about Immigrant Populations, Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL, available at:
26. Crisis Migration Convening, Thematic report, 2013, John D. And Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, February 14—15, available at:
27. Refugees and asylum-seekers,...
Russophone immigration to Finland: new forms, trends, and consequences
... February, available at:
(accessed May 27, 2020) (In Russ).
Ryazantsev S. V., Gadzhimuradova G. I
labour immigration, marriage immigration, student immigration, Finland, Russia, EU, integration of immigrants, migration crisis, immigration policy, Russian-speaking immigrants
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... Mezhevich, N. M. 2014, Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p. 95—106. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-7.
9. Evropu, ehkonomicheskij krizis i nekotorye voprosy teorii migracii [Europe, economic crisis and some problems of migration theory], 2012, Aktual'nye problemy Evropy [Actual problems of Europe], no. 4 p. 10—38.
10. Ponedelko, G. N. 2015, Immigraciya v Ispanii [Immigration in Spain], Mirovaya ehkonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya [World Economy and International ...
Geography of European Migration
... ehtnogeneza i budushchee Rossii [The theory of ethnogenesis and the future of Russia], 232 p.
17. Narochnickaya, E. A. 2013, Immigracionnye potoki v Evropu, ehkonomicheskij krizis i nekotorye voprosy teorii migracii [Immigration flows in Europe, the economic crisis and some problems of migration theory], Aktual'nye problemy Evropy [Actual problems of Europe], no. 4, p. 10—38.
18. United Nations. National Accounts Main Aggregates Database, 2016, available at:
(accessed 29 January ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
... the covid-19 pandemic, Nauchnoe obozrenie. Seriya 1. Jekonomika i parvо [Scientific Review. Series 1. Economics and Law], no. 3, p. 45—58. doi:
21. Denisenko, M., Mukomel, V. 2020, Labour Migration During The Corona Crisis, Econs.online, available at:
22. Ryazantsev, S. V., Bragin, A. D., Ryazantsev, N. S. 2020, Situation of labor migrants in the regions ...
The Impact of COVID-19 on immigration: the transformation of Norwegian migration policy on asylum seekers
... Prevention, Science of The Total Environment, no. 728, 138882. doi:
10. Christensen, T., Lægreid P. 2020, Balancing Governance Capacity and Legitimacy: How the Norwegian Government Handled the COVID-19 Crisis as a High Performer / Public Administration Review, vol. 80, no. 5, p. 774—779. doi:
11. Schoefberger, I., Rango, M. 2020, COVID-19 and Migration in West and North Africa and Across the Mediterranean, Switzerland, available at:
. iom. int/system/files/pdf/covid19-and-migration-in-west-and-north-africa. pdf (accessed 25.04.2020).
12. Salazar, N. B. 2021, Existential ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
This article demonstrates the effect of the 2010s migration crisis has had on the demographic development of the European Union. Employing statistics and mapping, the study argues that the demographic development of EU states is not affected by either socioeconomic performance or religious, linguistic, and cultural ...
From the Mediterranean to the Baltic: the problem of implementing the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum
The 2015 migration crisis significantly affected the EU’s area of freedom, security, and justice and challenged the cohesion and solidarity of the European Union. Although the crisis is past its peak, it is not over yet: problems and challenges associated with it persist....
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... Latvian migrants // Return Migration and Regional Development in Europe: Mobility Against the Stream. L., 2016. P. 215—240.
31. McCollum D., Apsīte-Beriņa E., Bērziņš M., Krišjāne Z. Overcoming the crisis: the changing profile and trajectories of Latvian migrants // Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. 2017. Vol. 43, № 9. P. 1508—1525.
32. Krišjāne Z., Bērziņš M., Ivlevs A., Bauls A. Who are the typical commuters in the post-socialist metropolis? The case of Riga, Latvia // ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... return of irregular migrants and readmission, rules on border control, and rules on collaboration with third countries. The author pays special attention to analysing the current state of irregular immigration to the EU, which was dubbed the ‘greatest migration crisis in Europe’. The conclusion is that the European Union succeeded in the development of pioneering legislation on irregular immigration, which can serve as the basis for reception by other states. However, changes in the political and economic ...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... refugee issue is affecting the Baltic states, available at:
37. Eurostat Population and social conditions — Asylum and managed migration, 2015, available at:
38. Ramishvili, T. 2016, Baltic Nations and the Continuing EU Refugee Crisis, available at:
39. Potemkina, О. Yu. 2015, The space of freedom, security and justice, Evropeiskii Soyuz: fakty i kommentarii, no. 80—81,...
Contacts with Diasporas and Diaspora Organisations as a Key to a Successful Migrant Integration Policy in the EU
... the countries of origin. Special emphasis is placed on the role of diasporas and the efforts taken by the EU to involve them in the integration process. We stress the need for a new supranational EU immigration and integration policy, in view of new migration trends and the so-called migrant crisis. The study shows that the EU integration policy is directed towards both migrants and host countries and the countries of origin. Since the early 2010s, the involvement of various diaspora organisations in the implementation of the EU migrant integration ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... transformations and changes in population behavior case of migration behavior Estonian population // Procesy i formy ruchliwości przestrzennej ludności w okresie przemian ustrojowych / ed. D. Szymańska. Toruń, 2000. Р. 9—11.
30. Kuptsch Ch. The Economic Crisis and Labour Migration Policy in European Countries // Comparative Population Studies — Zeitschrift für Bevölkerungswissenschaft. 2012. Vol. 37, № 1—2. P. 15—32.
31. Maamägi A. Eesti võimaik rahvaarv ja vanuskoosseis aastani 2050 // Population prognosis ...
Billionaires and Millionaires of the Baltic Sea Region: A Comparative Analysis of National Business Elites
... exports (current US$), available at:
. VAL. TECH. CD (accessed 20.06.2017).
8. Millionaire migration in 2015, 2015, New World Wealth, available at:
https://nebula.wsimg.com/6e5712bf40ffe85cc116a52402d5a7d7?AccessKeyId=70E2D0A589B97BD675FB&a.... ... Robinson, W. 2017, Debate on the New Global Capitalism: Transnational Capitalist Class, Transnational State Apparatuses, and Global Crisis, International Critical Thought, Vol. 7, no. 2, p. 171—189.
12. Robinson, W. 2008, Latin America and Global Capitalism....
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
... region have been stable, which is not the case in Europe in general. The author believes that the key reason behind the current crisis in Russia-EU relations is the conspicuous neglect of Russian interests in the neighboring countries that formed after the ... ... отношения с родинами // Диаспоры. 2000. № 3. С. 6—32.
17. A New Analytic Framework for Understanding Migration // Glick Schiller, N., Basch L., Blanc-Szanton, C. (Ed.) Toward a Transnational Perspective on Migration. Race, Class,...
Current Scenarios for the Demographic Future of the World: The Cases of Russia and Germany
... improve the demographic policies of Russia and Germany.
Iontsev V. A., Subbotin A. A.
Eurasian demographic development path, classical demographic transition, second, third, and fourth demographic transition, demographic development, demographic crisis, individualistic family, ageing, international migration
Moscow and its region: structural and functional transformations
... Яницкий О. Н. Метаболическая концепция современного города // Социологическая наука и социальная практика, 2013. № 3. C. 6—32.
21. Bauman Z. A Chronicle of Crisis: 2011—2016. L., UK, 2017. P. 163.
22. Howard E. The Garden Cities of Tomorrow. L., 1965.
23. Park R. E., Burgess E. W., McKenzie R. D., Wirth L. The City. Chicago, 1926.
24. Park R. Migration and the Marginal Man // American Journal of Sociology. 1928. Vol. 33. Р. 882—893.
25. Park R. Human Communities. The City and Human Ecology. Glencoe, 1952.
26. Stokols D. Social Ecology in the Digital Age. Solving Complex Problems in a Globalized ...
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
... inspire confidence among the residents of united Europe. The question as to how European identity will develop after the EU crisis is becoming increasingly topical.
1. Bakke E. Towards a European Identity? URL: http://folk.uio.no/stveb1/Towards_a_European_Identity.... ... there a European Identity? National Attitudes and Social Identification toward the European Union // Journal of Identity and Migration Studies.
2008. Vol. 2. URL: http://www.e-migration.ro/jims/Vol2_no1_2008/JIMS_vol2_no1_2008_PETITHOMME.pdf (дата ...
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
... and after the transformation processes commenced. The article identifies the key prerequisites for such transformation: the crisis of social democracy and an increase in the nationalist attitudes in the society caused by the negative repercussions of ... ... Scandinavia since 1945, London, Reaktion, 234 p. 2
8. Sverige, 2004, Migrationsinfo. se, available at: http://www.migrationsinfo.se/migration/sverige/ (accessed 1 May 2013).
29. Harrison, D. 2009, Invandringen till Sverige, Populär Historia, available at: ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... 473-FZ], 2014.
4. Zubarevich, N. V. 2010, Regiony Rossii: neravenstvo, krizis, modernizacija [Regions of Russia: the inequality crisis, modernization], Moscow, 160 p.
5. Indeks cen na lom cvetnyh metallov na rossijskom rynke v dekabre 2015 g. [The price ... ... Journal, T. 122, Vol. 563, p. 1042—1068.
26. Parente, G., Shiklomanov, N., Streletskiy, D. 2012, Living in the New North: Migration to and from Russian Arctic Cities, Focus on Geography, T. 55, Vol. 3, p. 77—89.
27. Ramamohan Rao T. V. S. Estimating ...