Implementation of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code and amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS 74/78) for ship-building
... Bell, A. Evans. L., 2007. P. 303—334.
21. Roach J. Proliferation Security Initiative (PSI): Countering Proliferation by Sea // Recent Developments in the Law of the Sea and China. The Hague, 2005. P. 351—424.
22. Salonio L., Sinha R. International, regional and national approaches towards maritime security issues of terrorism // Maritime violence and other security issues at sea: the proceedings of the symposium on maritime violence and other security issues at sea. Malmö, 2002. P. 221—252.
23. Schrijver N. September 11 and Challenges ...
The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... research reports, and other publications. The results of the study indicate that the increasing cooperation within the triangle of these clusters has a significant potential in terms of combining different areas of expertise and creating a multidimensional maritime industry hub in the region. However, differences in the cluster structure and development stages lead to certain difficulties in achieving these objectives. In conclusion, the authors identify the factors both facilitating and inhibiting networking between the three clusters....
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... scientific-practical conference, Penza, September 2007, Penza, p. 146—149.
14. Morf, A. 2012, BaltSeaPlan Report 7 — Strategies with relevance for Swedish maritime space, Gothenburg.
15. Zaucha, Ja. 2014, The key to governing the fragile Baltic See. Maritime SpatialPlanning in Baltic Region and Way Forward, VASAB, Riga, p. 73—86.
Myakinenkov V., Spirin P., Vyazilova Yu.
spatial planning, marine planning, territory, offshore area.
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... Moscow, LENAND.
8. Konovalov, A. M. Fedorenko, N. M., Baturova, G. V. 2008, Rejtingovanie federal'nyh celevyh programm [Ratings of federal programs], Federativnye otnoshenija i regional'naja social'no-jekonomicheskaja politika [Federal relations and regional socio-economic policy], no. 10, p. 32—45.
9. Konovalov, A. M. 2011, Primorskie territorii — osobyj placdarm [Coastal territory — a special foothold], Morskaja politika Rossii [Russian Maritime Policy], March-April.
10. Fetisov, G. G., Bondarenko, V. M. (eds.). 2008, Prognozirovanie budushhego: novaja paradigma [Forecasting the Future: A New Paradigm], Мoscow, Economica.
11. Studenetsky, S. A. 1979, Racional'noe i jeffektivnoe ispol'zovanie ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... estestvoznaniya [Advances in current natural sciences], no. 6, p. 108—112 (In Russ.).
19. Mingaleva, Zh. A., Gershanok, G. A. 2012, Sustainable development of a region: innovations, economic security, competitiveness, Economika regiona [Economy of a region], no. 3, p. 68—77.
20. Munim, Z. H., Dushenko, M., Jimenez, V. J., Shakil, M. H., Imset, M. 2020, Big data and artificial intelligence in the maritime industry: a bibliometric review and future research directions, Maritime Policy & Management, vol. 47, no. 5, p. 577—597. doi: 10.1080/03088839.2020.1788731.
21. Gabryelczyk, R. 2020, Has COVID-19 Accelerated Digital Transformation? Initial ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... effects from rising sea levels in the XXI century], candidate dissertation thesis, St. Petersburg.
19. Сommunication from the Сommission to the European parliament, the council, the European economic and social committee and the committee of the regions. An Integrated Maritime Policy for the European Union. Brussels, 2007, 10 October, COM, 575 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2007:0575:FIN:EN:PDF (accessed 12.02.2014).
20. Eurostat. Database, available at: http://epp....
Maritime transport as a system-building element of the Baltic transnational transport region
... in the Baltic Sea region/ A publication from the centre for maritime studies university of Turku. Turku,2008.
13. Baltic ports volumes in 2009// Baltic Transport Journal. 2010. № 4. P. 28—33.
international transport region, Baltic region, transport system, maritime transport.
On the development of the naval education in the south of Russia in late XVIII — early XX centuries
Thе article studies the foundation and development of the maritime training institutions in the Crimea and the Black Sea region in the late XVIII — early XX century within the military, political and socio-economic changes that occured in the area. The aim of the article is to analyze conduct the foundation and development of both military and commercial marine education ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... Baltic Sea Region.
COM(2009) 248 final. Brussels, 2009.
(Helsinki Commission). The Baltic Sea Action Plan. Adopted at the HELCOM Ministerial Meeting on 15 November 2007 in Krakow.
accessibility, action plan, Baltic Sea region, maritime spatial planning, metropolitan area, North West Russia, region, strategy, territorial development perspective, urban-rural partnership
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... system by the year 2000, Journal of Developing Societies, T. 12, Vol. 1, p. 52—67.
15. Cartier, C. 1999, Cosmopolitics and the maritime world city, The Geographical Review, T. 89, Vol. 2, p. 278—289.
16. Notteboom,T., Rodrigue, J.-P. 2005, Port Regionalization: Towards a New Phase in Port Development, Maritime Policy & Management, T. 32, Vol. 3, p. 297—313.
17. Verhetsel, A., Sel, S. 2009, World maritime cities: From which cities do container shipping companies make decisions? Transport Policy, T. 16, Vol. 5, September, p. 240—250.
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
..., p. 61—68. (in Russ.).
3. Governor of Kuban’: as part of the creation of the southern hub, the capacity of ports in the region will increase by 30%, 2020, Morskie vesti Rossii [Marine News of Russia], no 1, available at:
... ... and cargo flows in logistics systems, Logisticа [Logistics], no 2. p. 32—36 (in Russ.).
7. Zhang, W., Lam, J. S. L. 2013, Maritime cluster evolution based on symbiosis theory and Lotka-Volterra model, Maritime Policy & Management, vol. 40, no. 2, p....
The use and environmental state of the Curonian Lagoon and its coastal zones
... Planning. Basingstoke, 2019. Р. 1—21.
32. The Wetland Energy Project. Newsletter. URL:
. uni-greifswald.de/en/index.php (дата обращения: 15.06.2018).
33. Ciesliak A., Jakubowska P., Scibor K. et al. Compendium on Maritime Spatial Planning Systems in the Baltic Sea Region. Warsaw ; Gdansk, 2009.
34. Chubarenko B., Domnin D., Navrotskaya S. et al.Transboundary Lagoons of the Baltic Sea (Chapter 6) // The Diversity of Russian Estuaries and Lagoons Exposed to Human Influence, Estuaries of the World / R. Kosyan ...
International legal protection of marine environment from vessel-source pollution
... the basic norms of international law on the protection of marine environment from vessel-source pollution. The universal and regional levels of legal regulation of preventing marine environment pollution are identified. Special attention is paid to the ... ... Nord- und Ostsee: Sondergutachten, Februar 2004 /SRU, Der Rat von Sachverständigen für Umweltfragen. Baden-Baden, 2004.
2. Maritime Group (HELCOM MARITIME). URL: http://www.helcom.fi/groups/maritime/en_GB/main/_text/ (дата обращения 15....
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... Vol. 19, no. 3, June 2003, p. 584—599.
5. Strategija razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030 goda, utverzhdennaja rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 8 dekabrja
2010 g. № 2205-r [The development strategy of maritime activities of the Russian Federation to 2030 approved by the Federal Government of December 8, 2010
№ 2205-r], 2010, Moscow.
6. Scott, A. J., Agnew, J., Soja, E. W., Storper, M., 2001,Global city regions. In: Scott, A. J. (ed.), Global City Regions. Trends, Theory, Policy, Oxford University
Press, Oxford, p. 11—32.
7. O’Connor, K. 2010, Global city regions and the location of logistics activity, Journal of Transport Geography, no. 18, p....
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... Border: “Destination Arctic Circle”, Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, vol. 7, no. 2, p. 120-138. doi:
24. Palmowski, T., Fedorov, G.M. 2020, The potential for development of Russian-Polish cross-border region, Geography, Environment, Sustainability, no. 13 (1), p. 21—28.
25. Więckowski, M., Cerić, D. 2016, Evolving tourism on the Baltic Sea coast: perspectives on change in the Polish maritime borderland, Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, vol. 16, no. 1, p. 98-111. doi: 10.1080/15022250.2016.1244598.
26. Sologub, A. P. 2015, Intergovernmental cooperation in the Baltic Sea region: the role of international project activities ...
Chronology Problem of Corded Ware Culture Artefacts in South-Eastern Baltic Region
. The absolute chronology of the Corded Ware Culture in South-eastern Poland // The absolute chronology of Central Europe 3000—2000 BC. Poznań; Bamberg; Rahden, 2001.
South-Eastern Baltic Region, maritime (Vistula-Neman) culture, absolute
chronology, radiocarbon dates.
Kaliningrad region: coastal position as a geographical factor of economic development
The Kaliningrad region is a border and a coastal area in one. Such a combination of geographic features affects the development of this exclave region of Russia. The maritime status has a direct and indirect positive impact on the sectoral structure and the pace of economic growth. The role of the borderline situation is ambivalent: if the relations with neighboring countries and the EU as a whole are favorable, then ...
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
... and interregional/transnational companies (United Shipbuilding Corporation, Gazprom, LUKOIL, etc.) are benefitting from the coastal factor in the socio-economic development.
Druzhinin A. G.
coastal zone, coastal cities, Russia, large business, maritime complex, regional development, Baltic region
The coastal factor in spatial development programmes for the municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
... Mikhaylova A. A., Kuznetsova T. Y. Coastalization effect and spatial divergence: segregation of European regions // Ocean & Coastal Management. 2018. Vol. 161. Р. 57—65.
Gumenyuk I. S., Gumenyuk L. G., Belov N. S.
coastal location, coastal areas, maritime activities, municipalities, Kaliningrad region, microgeography
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... information age: economy, society and culture, Vol. 2, 2nd ed, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
11. Diamond, J. 2005, Guns, germs, and steel. The Fates of Human Societies, N. Y.
12. The role of Maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development in European maritime sectors, European Commission, available at: http://ec. europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/clusters_en. html (accessed 01 March 2011).
13. European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, 2010, Background and analysis, May 2010.
14. Eurostat, available at: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu (accessed 04 October 2010).
15. Statistical Offices of the Länder, Federal Statistical office of Germany, available at: http://www.statistik-portal....
The spatial structure of Baltic Sea ferry services
... Bothnia, Helsinki.
20. Corlay, G-P. 1982, Les ports de pêche danois, Pêche mar, vol. 61, no. 1253, p. 433—442.
21. Flieger, W. 1990, Mit dem Auto über die Ostsee, George, heute, vol. 11, no. 80, p. 23—24, p. 29—31.
22. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Regional maritime clusters as the basis for the socio-economic development of coastal territories, Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionakh i gorodakh Rossii [Strategic planning in regions and cities of Russiareports of the participants of the IX All-Russian Forum ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Strategii makroregionov Rossii: metodologicheskie podkhody, prioritety i puti realizatsii [Strategies for Russia's Macro-regions: methodological approaches, priorities and ways of implementation], Moscow, p. 479—592. (In Russ.)
24. Dergachev, V. A. 1989, Maritime complex of the Azov-Black Sea region, the Soviet Union: economic and geographical aspects. In: Yuzhnye morya SSSR: geograficheskie problemy issledovaniya i osvoeniya [Southern seas of the USSR: geographical problems of research and development], Leningrad, p. 39—50. (In Russ.)
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... into account. It is shown that northern and southern coastal regions perform very differently on innovative development, the latter doing better than the former. Three main models of innovation generation, implementation, and accumulation of coastal regions are described. Each is associated with a different way to benefit from proximity to the sea. These are maritime activities, maritime transport, and the economic use of recreational, natural and climatic resources.
Mikhaylov A. S., Gorochnaya V. V., Hvaley D. V., Gumenyuk I. S.
coastal region, innovation capital, coastalisation, urban agglomeration,...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... public-private partnership: the needs of the modern economy], Kreativnaja jekonomika [Creative economy], no. 5, p. 50—54.
14. Melnik, D. 2013, Morskoj transport kak sistemoobrazujushhij jelement Baltijskogo transnacional'nogo transportnogo regiona [Maritime transport as a systembuilding element of the Baltic transnational transport region], Vestnik Immanuel
Kant Baltic University, no. 1, p. 140—147.
15. Nikulina, S. V. 2011, Faktory konkurentosposobnosti mezhdunarodnyh morskih portov [Factors of competitiveness of international seaports], Jekonomika i upravlenie [Economics and ...
Historical development of the Pomor North Lexicography: a comparative analysis of the three translation dictionaries
... deviations from the modern lexicographic requirements shed light on the compilation process and personal professional experience of the compilers. The methodology of this research is based on a diachronic approach to studying the development of specialized maritime glossaries in the 16th and 20th centuries. The research is conducted within the frameworks of integrative translation and linguistic regional studies as a continuation of the project “History of Translation on the Pomor North” supported by the Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation.
1. Брегман Г. А. Капитан А. С. Кучин // Летопись Севера....
The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence
... West is accompanied by the country’s growing maritime presence, particularly in its western borderlands, the revitalisation and expansion of its ‘strongholds’, and economic diversification. The economic systems of the country’s leading coastal region have proven to be highly resistant to geopolitical turbulence; this is partly explained by government support.
Druzhinin A. G.
economy, maritime economy, geopolitics, coastal borderlands, geopolitical turbulence, Russian Federation, Russian western borderlands
Information metabolism and innovation dynamics in the Rostov agglomeration: the role of the coastal factor and economic clustering
... Industrial and Corporate Change. 1997. Vol. 6, № 3. P. 595—622.
24. Doloreux D. What is a maritime cluster? // Marine Policy. 2017. № 83. P. 215—220. Doi: 10.1016/j.marpol.2017.06.006.
25. Doloreux D., Shearmur R., Figueiredo D. Québec' coastal maritime cluster: Its impact on regional economic development, 2001—2011 // Marine Policy. 2016. № 71. P. 201— 209. Doi: 10.1016/j.marpol.2016.05.028.
26. Druzhinin A.G., Fedorov G.M., Mikhaylov A.S. et al. Typology of coastal zones in the European part of Russia: modern particularities ...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
2. Baird, A. J. 2000, Port privatization: objectives, extent, process, and the UK experience, International Journal of Maritime Economics. Vol. 2, no. 3, p. 177—194.
3. Bocheński, T., Palmowski, T. 2015, Polskie porty morskie i rola kolei w ich ... ... Seaports and Role of Railways in Transport Service of Port Hinterland at Turn of XX and XXI Centuries], Regiony Nadmorskie [Coastal Regions], no. 23, p. 7—198.
4. Chang, H-J. 2002, Breaking the mould: an institutionalist political economy alternative to the ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie strany [On the development of strategic documents at the federal level to improve the efficiency of maritime activities and increase its contribution to the socioeconomic development], Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i ... ... modernizacija strategij. Doklady uchastnikov IX Obwerossijskogo Foruma liderov strategicheskogo planirovanija [Strategic planning in the regions and cities of Russia: a strategy of modernization and upgrading strategies. Reports of the IX All-Russia Forum of Strategic ...
The development of the industrial port complex of the Kaliningrad region
... Калининградской области. Калининград, 2014. URL:
(дата обращения 01.10.2016).
industrial port complex, maritime complex, the Baltic region, the seaport of Kaliningrad, regional development
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
..., 10.6.2009 COM(2009) 248 final. P. 8 // European Commission. Regional Policy — Inforegio.
EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. URL: http://ec.europa.
12.11.2009). ... ...
. Energy Transportation in the Baltic Sea. P. 7 // MERIKOTKA (Kotka Maritime Reseach Centre). URL
On the discovery of rare and extinct plant species in the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on the history of some rare species in the Kaliningrad region. The authors provide information on new locations of the species’ occurrence in the Kaliningrad region. The article contains a schematic map of new discoveries of rare and extinct species in the Kaliningrad region. A geobotanical analysis of ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
18. Hramchihin, А. 2011, Neprikrytyj morskoj rubezh. Kolichestvo korablej PRO u Rossii i SShA nesravnimo [Undisguised maritime boundary. The number of missile ships from Russia and the United States incomparably], Flot — XXI vek [Fleet — XXI ... ....dll/article?AID =2014302010028 (accessed 14.10.2015).
Konyshev V., Sergunin A., Subbotin S.
ballistic missile defense, US, Baltic region, Nordic countries, Russia
On the relation between spatial concepts, strategic and territorial planning in the Russian Federation in the context of the development of the Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon region
Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon is a trans-border (it includes border territory of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Poland), maritime (combines a water body, and a land area) territorial system, which requires a special attitude to coordination between ... ... article studies the issues of spatial, territorial and strategic planning in the modern management practice in Russia and in the region of Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon in particular. The research focuses on the opportunities of creating mechanisms for coordination ...
Sea-industry complex as a reserve for overcoming economic crisis in the sea-shore region
... sea-industry complex in overcoming economic crisis and makes the forecast of project development
of this complex in the Kaliningrad region.
В., Коновалов А.
[и др.]. Подходы к стратегическому ... ...
комплекс России: монография / под ред. А.
П. Алхименко. СПб., 2005.
Ivchenko V. V.
maritime complex, world financial crisis , world economic space, innovative activity, integration.
The current state and problems of fishing industry development in the coastal regions of the Russian Federation
... служба, таможенная статистика внешней
торговли : [сайт]. URL:
stat.customs.ru/apex/f?p=201:7:1206439180000366::NO (дата обращения:
Lachininskii S. S., Shendrik A. V., Petukhova N. K.
maritime activities, coastal regions, Russia, fisheries, industry, maritime complex
EU-Russia cooperation in the Baltic Sea marine environment protection
... need for closer cooperation between states in the Baltic Sea environment protection. The author identifies the universal and regional levels of cooperation between states in marine environment protection. Special attention is paid to the activity of ... ... European Union in the field of the Baltic Sea environment protection.
1. Resolution A.982(24) of the Assembly of International Maritime Organization. Adopted on 1 December 2005. URL: http://www.gc.noaa.gov/documents/982—1.pdf (дата обращения: ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... Federacii na period do 2020, Official Website of the Government of the Russian Federation, available at: http://www. morskayakollegiya.ru/legislation/doktrina/ (accessed 16 August 2011).
Gogoberidze George, Mamaeva Maria
econimic development strategy, maritime region, sea industrial and port complex, sea potential