The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... research reports, and other publications. The results of the study indicate that the increasing cooperation within the triangle of these clusters has a significant potential in terms of combining different areas of expertise and creating a multidimensional maritime industry hub in the region. However, differences in the cluster structure and development stages lead to certain difficulties in achieving these objectives. In conclusion, the authors identify the factors both facilitating and inhibiting networking ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... coastal regions. The differences in the natural and socioeconomic conditions and resources along a significant portion of the European coastline necessitate the zoning of subcontinent’s coastal territories and contiguous water areas. The findings of EU maritime research constitute the economic and statisti cal basis of the study, whose author, relying on necessary calculations, proposes a new concept of coastal regions.The study identifies significant differences in the nature and trends in the development ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... development of a region: innovations, economic security, competitiveness, Economika regiona [Economy of a region], no. 3, p. 68—77.
20. Munim, Z. H., Dushenko, M., Jimenez, V. J., Shakil, M. H., Imset, M. 2020, Big data and artificial intelligence in the maritime industry: a bibliometric review and future research directions, Maritime Policy & Management, vol. 47, no. 5, p. 577—597. doi: 10.1080/03088839.2020.1788731.
21. Gabryelczyk, R. 2020, Has COVID-19 Accelerated Digital Transformation? Initial ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... Mirovogo okeana [Geography settlement on the shores of the oceans], Leningrad, 342 p.
10. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2008, Struktura i svoystva morekhozyaystvennogo potentsiala primorskoy territorii [Structure and properties of marine economic potential of the maritime area], Vestnik Baltiyskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University], no. 3, p. 75—81.
11. Makhnovsky, D. 2014, The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century,...
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
... It is shown that ‘coastalisation’ has taken place in forty-two of Russia’s top 100 companies, as rated by the Russian Business Channel. Another objective of the study is to identify large businesses’ industrial and regional priorities in the maritime economy and investigate how they are transformed under the influence of geopolitical and geo-economic factors. Amid active Eurasian integration, which includes the Greater Eurasia project, big businesses are spurring the development of maritime ...
The use and environmental state of the Curonian Lagoon and its coastal zones
... Шванковской. Калининград, 2015. С. 6—14.
29. Эдельштейн К. К. Водохранилища России: экологические проблемы, пути их решения. М., 1998.
30. Ehler Ch., Douvere F. Maritime Spatial Planning // Annual Report. 2006. № 13. Р. 56—59.
31. Ehler C., Zaucha J., Gee K. Maritime/Marine Spatial Planning at the Interface of Research and Practice // Maritime Spatial Planning. Basingstoke, 2019. Р. 1—21.
32. The Wetland ...
The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence
... and land areas. It is shown that Russian economic and military activities have clustered there to create 14 ‘strongholds’, including two emerging ones. The current confrontation between Russia and the West is accompanied by the country’s growing maritime presence, particularly in its western borderlands, the revitalisation and expansion of its ‘strongholds’, and economic diversification. The economic systems of the country’s leading coastal region have proven to be highly resistant to geopolitical ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... Gdansk; Berlin.
10. Castells, M. 1997, The power of identity: the information age: economy, society and culture, Vol. 2, 2nd ed, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
11. Diamond, J. 2005, Guns, germs, and steel. The Fates of Human Societies, N. Y.
12. The role of Maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development in European maritime sectors, European Commission, available at: http://ec. europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/clusters_en. html (accessed 01 March 2011).
13. European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... which will ensure the timely implementation of such projects
1. Strategija razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030goda,utverzhdena Rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva RF ot 8 dekabrja 2010 g. № 2205-r
[Strategy of development of maritime activities of the Russian Federation to 2030goda, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated
December 8, 2010 № 2205-r], 2010, Moscow.
2. Transportnaja strategija Rossii na period do 2030g, utverzhdena Rasporjazheniem ...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... modernised to transport cargoes from Gdynia further inland. The current and future strategic investments create conditions for growth in handling both container and other types of cargo in the port of Gdynia and significantly improve competitiveness of the maritime sector.
1. Álvarez-SanJaime, Ó., Cantos-Sánchez, P., Moner-Colonques, R., Sempere-Monerris, J. J. 2015, The impact on port competition of the integration of port and inland transport services, Transportation Research, Part B, no. 80, p....
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... Petersburg is just starting to integrate into these networks through the Pulkovo airline hub and seaports of Ust-Luga, Primorsk, and Saint Petersburg.
1.Coastal zone management: integrated policies, 1993, OECD, Paris.
2. Green Paper. Towards a Future Maritime Policy for the Union: a European Vision for the Ocean, 2006, COM, no. 275 final, 7.6.2006.
3. Pak, A., Majd F. 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean & Coastal Management, no. 54, p.129—136.
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Strategii makroregionov Rossii: metodologicheskie podkhody, prioritety i puti realizatsii [Strategies for Russia's Macro-regions: methodological approaches, priorities and ways of implementation], Moscow, p. 479—592. (In Russ.)
24. Dergachev, V. A. 1989, Maritime complex of the Azov-Black Sea region, the Soviet Union: economic and geographical aspects. In: Yuzhnye morya SSSR: geograficheskie problemy issledovaniya i osvoeniya [Southern seas of the USSR: geographical problems of research and development],...
Kaliningrad region: coastal position as a geographical factor of economic development
The Kaliningrad region is a border and a coastal area in one. Such a combination of geographic features affects the development of this exclave region of Russia. The maritime status has a direct and indirect positive impact on the sectoral structure and the pace of economic growth. The role of the borderline situation is ambivalent: if the relations with neighboring countries and the EU as a whole are favorable, then ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... urovnja, napravlennyh na povyshenie jeffektivnosti upravlenija morskoj dejatel'nost'ju i uvelichenija ee vklada v social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie strany [On the development of strategic documents at the federal level to improve the efficiency of maritime activities and increase its contribution to the socioeconomic development], Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii: strategija modernizacii i modernizacija strategij. Doklady uchastnikov IX Obwerossijskogo Foruma liderov strategicheskogo ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... Federacii na period do 2020, Official Website of the Government of the Russian Federation, available at: http://www. morskayakollegiya.ru/legislation/doktrina/ (accessed 16 August 2011).
Gogoberidze George, Mamaeva Maria
econimic development strategy, maritime region, sea industrial and port complex, sea potential
The development of the industrial port complex of the Kaliningrad region
... Калининградской области. Калининград, 2014. URL:
(дата обращения 01.10.2016).
industrial port complex, maritime complex, the Baltic region, the seaport of Kaliningrad, regional development
The current state and problems of fishing industry development in the coastal regions of the Russian Federation
... служба, таможенная статистика внешней
торговли : [сайт]. URL:
stat.customs.ru/apex/f?p=201:7:1206439180000366::NO (дата обращения:
Lachininskii S. S., Shendrik A. V., Petukhova N. K.
maritime activities, coastal regions, Russia, fisheries, industry, maritime complex
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
. Energy Transportation in the Baltic Sea. P. 7 // MERIKOTKA (Kotka Maritime Reseach Centre). URL
The Baltic Sea as the most important corridor for Russia’s oil exports // Expert article 264. Baltic Rim Economies
2008. URL: http://www.tse.fi/FI/yksikot/erillislaitokset/pei/Documents/ bre2008/BRE_6_2008/264-6-2008 %20Expert%20Articles....
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... The potential for development of Russian-Polish cross-border region, Geography, Environment, Sustainability, no. 13 (1), p. 21—28.
25. Więckowski, M., Cerić, D. 2016, Evolving tourism on the Baltic Sea coast: perspectives on change in the Polish maritime borderland, Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, vol. 16, no. 1, p. 98-111. doi: 10.1080/15022250.2016.1244598.
26. Sologub, A. P. 2015, Intergovernmental cooperation in the Baltic Sea region: the role of international project activities ...