The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region
... Innovation Data, available at:
http://www.oecd.org/document/23/0,3746,en_2649_34451_35595607_1_1_1_1,00.html (accessed 10 July 2012).
14. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development OECD 2011, OECD Science, Technology and Industry Scoreboard 2011: Innovation and Growth in Knowledge Economies, available at: http://www.oecd.org/document/10/0,3746,en_2649_33703_39493962_1_1_1_1,00.html (accessed 10 July 2012).
15. Porter, M. E. and Stern, S. 2001, Innovation: Location Matters,MIT Sloan Management Review, Summer 2001, p. 28—36, available ...
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
This article considers the research and technological potential and the innovative activity in a specific region of Russia — the Kaliningrad region. The authors assess its research and technological potential, and the achieved level of innovative activity in the Kaliningrad region as prerequisites necessary for the implementation ...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
15. Zverev, A. 2008, Gosudarstvennaja podderzhka innovacionnoj dejatel'nosti (zarubezhnyj opyt) [State support of innovative activity (foreign experience)], Vestnik Finansovoy Academy [Journal of the Academy of Finance], no. 4.
16. Antyushina,... ... «Markets-as-Networks» Perspective, Oxford, Blackwell.
18. Toledano, J. A. 1978, Propos des filières industrielles, Revue d'Economie industrielle, no. 6.
19. Dahmen, E. 1950, Entrepreneurial Activity and the Development of Swedish Industry, 1919—1939,...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
This article analyses approaches to the definition of such categories as “scientific and technological potential” and “innovative potential” in view of their resource, structural, procedural and resultant components. The author gives a more accurate definition of the scientific and technological potential through identifying its resources and orientation towards transforming ...
In pursuit of an innovation development trajectory of the Kaliningrad region
Amid growing inter-state competition, national innovation policies are increasingly seeking to promote the development of regional innovation systems to intensify innovative processes and to enhance the economic competitiveness of territories. An efficient regional innovation policy requires a territorial ...
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
The article is devoted to the topical issue of providing innovation security of the Kaliningrad region, Russia’s exclave on the Baltic Sea. The author discusses the importance of creating a favourable innovation environment in the region for sustainable implementation of the innovative model of economic development....
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
This article concerns the role that international cooperation in research, technology, and innovation plays in ensuring innovative development and producing an innovative model of the Russian economy. One of the key objectives of the country’s integration into international research, technological, and innovative space is the development ...
The development of small innovative enterprises through harmonising economic interests
The harmonisation of economic interests is one of the essential preconditions for the development of enterprises, including small ones. As practice shows, the harmonisation of major interests of small innovative business requires not only market instruments, but also state regulation, which demands the development of a corresponding mechanism. This study sets out to develop and justify the macroeconomic mechanism of development of small innovative ...
Assessment of Innovation and Investment Activity in the Region
The concept of regional innovation system builds upon prospective innovation and takes into account the subsystem generating the knowledge that regulates the context and enterprises in regional innovation activity. This article considers the importance of innovation-investment ...
On the potential and opportunities for cooperation between the Baltics in the field of innovations
This article compares the research and innovation potential of Russia in general, the Northwestern federal district and the Baltics (Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia) and explores the opportunities for cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Baltics in the field of innovations. The ...
Coastal agglomerations and the transformation of national innovation spaces
In this article, I discuss the role of coastal agglomerations in the territorial heterogeneity of the world economy and the global innovation space. I pay particular attention to how proximity to the sea and ocean coasts influences the dynamics of innovation processes. I analyse coastalisation (the movement of economic activity and population to coastal zones) by considering ...
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
To study the key instruments of international cooperation between Russia and the European Union aimed at stimulating innovative development of tourism co-financed by the EU and Russia. The author describes specific projects implemented in the framework of the Lithuania-Poland-Russia cross-border cooperation programme for 2009—2013 in the field of tourism. Special ...
The system approach to modernisation and innovative regional development: strategic objectives
Russia must follow the path of modernisation and innovative development. The analysis conducted shows the absence of laws, strategies and uniform terminology regarding modernization and innovations. The author examines the factors affecting the content of these terms, describes the system approach to ...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
...? // Canadian Journal of Regional Science. 2001. № XXIV (1). P. 101—120.
29. Johnson, B., Lundvall B. Catching-up and institutional learning under post-socialism // Hausner J., Jessop B., Neilsen K. (eds.). Institutional Frameworks of Market Economies. Aldershot, 1993. P. 68—86.
30. Lundvall B. National Systems of Innovation: Towards a Theory of Innovation and Interactive Learning. L., 1995.
31. Martin P., Ottaviano G. I. P. Growing locations: Industry location in a model of endogenous growth // European Economic Review. 1999. № 43 (2). P. 281—302. doi: 10....
Tools for developing and implementing the innovative policy of a region
This article focuses on the tools of development and introduction of innovation policy at the mesolevel, which serves as an integral part of the innovation policy of a state and the driving force of regional competitiveness. The author presents the results of innovative activity ranking of Russian regions, pays attention ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
This article considers the main features of sustainable development of rural territories, identifies the factors of innovative entrepreneurship, and assesses their influence on the condition of rural economy. Special attention is paid to the analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural territory development. The authors summarise conceptual ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
Transnational (involving countries) and cross-border (involving adjacent regions of different countries) cooperation and integration are rapidly developing in the Baltic Sea region. Russia lags behind the Nordic countries and Germany as far as innovative development is concerned; yet our national pace here is comparable to that of Poland and the three Baltic States. At the same time, the features of innovative cooperation vary a great deal depending on the group of countries involved in cooperation ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... воспроизводство // Этносоциальные проблемы города. М., 1986. С. 1233.
31. Щепаньский Я. Элементарные понятия социологии. М., 1969. С. 116.
32. Adner R. Match your innovation strategy to your innovation ecosystem // Harvard Business Review. 2006. № 84. P. 98—110.
33. Amin A., Thrift N. Globalization, institutional ’thickness’ and the local economy // Managing Cities: The New Urban Context / ed. by P. Healey,...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... политика: политико-культурный подход к рыночным институтам // Экономическая социология. 2003. № 4 (1). С. 45—63.
11. Ahuja G. Collaboration networks, structural holes, and innovation: A longitudinal study // Administrative Science Quarterly. 2000. № 45 (3). P. 425—455.
12. Barca F., Mccann P., Rodríguez-Pose A. The case for regional development intervention: Place-based versus place-neutral approaches // J. of Regional ...
When and why regional clusters become basic building blocks of modern economy
In this paper, we examine the modern cluster theory and the specific features of regional innovation clusters as complex adaptive systems. Clusters have become a typical pattern of industrial organization in national economies under their transition to innovation-driven model of growth. We provide an overview of the contribution of various theoretical frameworks (evolutionary theory, spatial development theory, theory of technological change and system innovation,...
From startup training to the innovation economy of the region and the country
The article presents a comparison of innovation development in Russia and Europe regarding it as a system of training specialists in the facilitation and commercialization of innovations. Building on the analysis of various approaches, the author proposes to strengthen the influence of the ...
The innovative aspects of the fishing fleet development in the Russian exclave region
Our country has set a course for the economy modernisation on the basis of innovative development. In the post-war period until 1991, the exclave of Russia — the Kaliningrad region — showed high rates of socioeconomic development due to the establishment of a large-scale sea fishing industry. Such success rested on research ...
The research and technology development in Lithuania and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation
This article focuses on the present state and prospects of research and technology development in Lithuania. The authors focus on the main competitive innovation spheres (information technologies, biotechnologies, special purpose laser technologies) and analyse the principal lines of innovation policy and strategy. The article presents the results of a SWOT analysis of Lithuanian innovation development ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... considered against the background of the identification of institutional levels, whose full development makes it possible to speak of the formation of clusters as most successful mesoeconomic systems. At the same time, the author emphasizes that, in economies gravitating towards the market type of organisation, the development of mesoeconomic systems is closely connected to competition for innovative rent. The article outlines the methodology for cluster studies, which makes it possible to consider such relatively new to the regional science phenomena as innovative and “transborder” clusters.
1. Gareev, T. R. 2007, «Voshodjawie» ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... Environmental Management, no. 15, available at:
(accessed 19.12.2016). DOI:
6. Davis, C., Arthurs, D. 2006, What Indicators for Science, Technology and Innovation Policies in the 21st Century, Ottawa, available at:
7. Dobbs, R., Oppenheim, J., Thompson, F., Brinkman, M., Zornes, M. 2011, Resource Revolution: Meeting the World’s Energy,...
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
Although it is a common assumption that innovations are one of the most important factors of economic development, there is a need to review some provisions of innovation methodology so that new fundamental values are taken into account more fully. Most recent business models are based on the ...
Concept of managing development of regional infrastructure for small innovative entrepreneurship
The author substantiates conceptual approach to regional infrastructure for small innovative entrepreneurship and logical information model for construction of such program.
В., Саванович А.
Организационный аспект генерирования малых инновационных ...
Network Transformations in Economy
In the context of ever-increasing market competition, networked interactions play a special role in the economy. The network form of entrepreneurship is increasingly viewed as an effective organizational structure to create a market value embedded in innovative business solutions. The authors study the characteristics of a network as an economic category and emphasize certain similarities between Rus sian and international approaches to identifying interactions of economic systems based on the network ...
The prospects of entrepreneurship in the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region
... review of the prospects for the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region with the participation of small and medium businesses. In view of the essential features of entrepreneurship, its prospects in the development and implementation of innovations seem to be quite attractive. However, in the current economic context, growth requires special measures. The authors analyse the measures taken by the European Union and individual countries in order to strengthen the participation of small ...
Some aspects of the theory of network structures as a mechanism of innovative activity management
This article analyses the role of network forms of organisation in the development of innovative processes. The authors consider several definitions of network forms of organisation, including those typical of the sphere of innovations. The article offers an analysis of the explanation of the network phenomenon in the social exchange theory,...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
This article considers the possibility of Russian integration into a common research, technological, and innovative space of the Baltic region. The author presents the results of a comparative analysis of innovative development in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries based on the calculation of an integral research and technological potential index for the ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... depends on the position of a given region in relation to the core. Concrete approaches to managing structural changes in the economies of periphery regions are proposed.
1. Gluschenko, K. P. 2010, Issledovaniya neravenstva po dokhodam mezhdu rossiyskimi ... ... entrepreneurship research, European Planning Studies, no. 21, p. 1095—1127.
12. Doloreux, D., Dionne, S. 2008, Is regional innovation system development possible in peripheral regions? Evidence from the case of La Pocatiere, Entrepreneurship & Regional ...
Development of Regional Innovation Infrastructure: Objectives of Financial, Organisational, and Consultative Support
This article systematises and analyses the objectives of financial, organisational, administrative, consulting and cadastral support to the management of regional innovation infrastructure.
Инновации и предпринимательство: монография. М., 1992.
В., Ремина Г.
В., Саванович А.
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... Merkurij, p. 171—178.
26. Obzor innovacionnyh klasterov v inostrannyh gosudarstvah. M.: Minjekonomrazvitija Rossii [Overview of innovative clusters in foreign countries. Moscow: Russian Ministry of Economic Development], 2011, available at: http://www.ved.... ... regional'noj jekonomiki [Clusters, cluster approach and its use as a tool for regulating the development of national and regional economies], Jekonomika. Sociologija. Biologija [Economy. Sociology. Biology], no. 2 (131). p. 40—50.
31. Yasheva, G. А. 2012,...
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
... macro-levels. This study identifies the development stage of Latvia’s regions and considers methods as well as experience of evaluation and improvement of the competitiveness of Latvia’s regions. The authors describe priorities and tools for regional innovative development and analyze conditions affecting regional development in the country. This work takes into account the current priority of the European Union — innovation and development of socioeconomic activity aimed at enhancing the competitiveness ...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
This article considers the innovative component of the economies of Sweden, Finland, and the Noreth-western federal district (NWFD) of the Russian Federation. The authors present the results of a comparative analysis of research and technological potential of the regions and their administrativeterritorial ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... The authors describe major catalysts and immanent inhibitors in coastal zones. The former include a high density of coastal economies, proximity to international markets, and better logistics and communications. The inhibitors comprise geopolitical risks ... ... Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 28—43.
6. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016 "Marine component" of Russian social geography: traditions and innovations, Izvestiya RAN. Seriya geograficheskaya [Regional Research of Russia], no. 6, p. 7—16. (in Russ.)
7. Slack, B. 1989,...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... 2005, Promyshlennye uzly Dal'nego Vostoka [Industrial units of the Far East], Владивосток, 192 p.
15. Pavlov, E. 2013, Tehnoparki — vazhnyj jelement sovremennoj innovacionnoj jekonomiki [Technology parks — an important element of modern innovative economy], Umnoe proizvodstvo [Smart production], no. 21, available at:http://www.umpro.ru (accessed 15.04.2014).
16. Perelygin, Yu., Knyaginin, V. 2007, Prostranstvennoe razvitie Rossii v dolgosrochnoj perspektive [The spatial development ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Ustojchivoe razvitie regiona: innovacii, jekonomicheskaja bezopasnost', konkurentosposobnost' [Sustainable development
of the region: innovation, economic security, competitiveness], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy], no. 3, p. 68—77.
12. Voloshenko,... ..., Vatne, E. 1998, Competitiveness, Localised Learning and Regional Development: Specialisation and
Prosperity in Small Open Economies, Routledge, London, 256 p.
30. Karlsson, C., Rouchy, P. 2015, Regional Economic Development, Social Capital and Governance: ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
The article considers and assesses the influence of macro-geographical factors on communication behaviour of people in the course of transition to innovative economy through the example of the Baltic Sea region.
1. Dinamika razvitija jekonomicheskogo krizisa: Sweden [The dynamics of the economic crisis: Sweden], 2010, Informacionnyj bjulleten' Instituta Baltijskogo regiona RGU im. I. Kanta [Newsletter ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... local socioeconomic development, Balt. Reg., no. 3 (13), p. 4—24. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-3-1.
10. Klastery v regional'noj jekonomike [Clusters in the regional economy], 2010, Samara, State Autonomous Institution of Samara Region "Centre of innovative development and cluster initiatives", available at: http://innocentr-samara.ru/files/Klastery%20v%20regionlnoy%20economike. pdf (accessed 03.11.2014)
11. Kolosovsky, N. N. 1947, Proizvodstvenno-territorial'noe sochetanie (kompleks) v ...
Innovative aspects of economy modernisation
Innovative economy and trans-border cooperation
The assessment of labour demand of Russian economy in view of the prospective regional socio-economic development
... scheme outlining the needs of Russian regions for additional inflow of migrant workers. It is necessary to take into account both the contemporary socioeconomic situation in the regions and their prospective opportunities for accelerated transition
to innovative development. The article offers a system of indices and a scheme of the assessment of Russian economy's labor demand. With the help of the methodology developed, the constituent entities of the Russian Federation are ranked on the basis of ...
The North-West of Russia: the potential and areas of Russian-Lithuanian research and innovation cooperation
This article considers the present state and prospects of Russian-Lithuanian cooperation in the field of research and innovation. The author analyses the tendencies of innovation activities of economic entities in the North-West of Russia in terms of relative innovation activity indicators. Special attention is paid to the role of cross-border and trans-border cooperation ...
Strategic development of a university in the Russian exclave
Malizia, E., Feser, E.
2000. Understanding local economic development. New Jersey.
Mohrmana, K., Ma, W., Baker, D.
2008. Higher Education Policy, № 21, pp. 5—27.
Lester, R. K.
Universities, Innovation, and the Competitiveness of Local Economies: A Summary Report from the Local Innovation Systems Project — Phase I. [online] Available at: http://web.mit.edu/lis> [Accessed 5 July 2010]
1993. National Systems of Innovation: A Comparative Analysis. Oxford.
2003. Managing successful universities....
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... Conference on the Problems of Development of the Economy and Society], Moscow, p. 8.
6. Kotler, Ph., Asplund, K., Rein, I., Hayder, D. 2005, Marketing mest [Marketing places], St. Petersburg, p. 54. (in Russ.)
7. Kotov, A. I. Quality of life as a tool for innovative economic development, Nauchno-tehnicheskie vedomosti SPbGPU. Ekonomicheskie nauki [Scientific and technical statements SPbSPU. Economic sciences], no. 1(211), p. 93—101. (in Rus.)
8. Kulibanova, V. V., Teor, T. R. 2016, Innovative branding ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... planned for 2016 form the basis for the import substitution manufacturing and will significantly affect the conditions of regional economy development. Implementation of the Strategy for the Socioeconomic Development of the Region will contribute to the innovativeness of economy, its export orientation, development through an increase in labour productivity, and cooperation with both Russian and international partners. It will reduce the dependence of production on imported raw materials and semi-finished ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region, Baltic Region, no. 1, p. 37—46. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-4.
11. Smorodinskaya, N. V. 2013, Territorial'nye innovacionnye klastery: mirovye orientiry i rossijskie realii [Regional Innovation Clusters: World landmarks and Russian Reality], XIV Aprel'skaja mezhdunarodnaja nauchnaja konferencija «Modernizacija
jekonomiki i obshhestva» [The April XIV International scientific conference «Modernization of Economy and Society»],...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... June 2014.№ 1032-r)], 2008, Moscow.
3. Beysembinova, A. 2012, Problemy investicionnoj dejatel'nosti na osnove gosudarstvenno-chastnogo partnerstva [Problems of investment through public-private
partnerships], Investicii i innovacii [Investments and Innovations], no. 1, p.144—150.
4. Bragina, Z. V., Orlov, V. V., Andreeva, N. Yu. 2011, Gosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo: mehanizmy razvitija [Public-private partnership: the development of mechanisms], Kostroma, 186 p.
5. Byrkova, Ye. Gruzooborot ...