Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... growth and clustering, innovation and digitalisation, and quality and standards of living. All these components are vital for regional innovative development. A statistical assessment is supplemented by a qualitative analysis of spatial patterns of innovation capital accumulation; the agglomeration factor is taken into account. It is shown that northern and southern coastal regions perform very differently on innovative development, the latter doing better than the former. Three main models of innovation generation,...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... 2016. № 49. P. 280—290.
44. Walker G., Kogut B., Shan W. Social capital, structural holes and the formation of an industry network // Organization Science. 1997. № 8 (2). P. 109—125.
Mikhaylov A. S.
institutional architecture, territorial capital, territorial innovation system, Lithuania, Baltic States
On Sources and Mechanisms of Coastal Area Self-development
... мировой экономике. Научный доклад от 24 декабря 2008г. URL:
self-development, coastal border area, genetic-cultural determination,
region’s competitiveness, intellectual capital, human capital, innovative entrepreneurship.
The Welfare State (Social State) in the Russian Federation as a Constitutional Principle and its Practical Implementation
... conducted analysis the authors of the article have made several suggestions regarding pragmatic realization of the constitutional principle of the Welfare State (Social State), and also regarding further modernization of the existing projects of social innovations in the Russian Federation.
Salenko Alexander, Navagina Tatiana
Welfare State, Social State, maternity (family) capital, Charge-Free Far Eastern Hectare, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Russia
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
... International Days of Statistics and Economics : conference proceedings. Prague, 2019. Р. 1105—1114.
23. Mikhaylov A. S., Kuznetsova T. Yu., Peker I. Yu. Knowledge geography: human geography approach to measuring regional divergence of knowledge capital // Proceedings of the European Conference on Knowledge Management. 2019. С. 738—745.
24. Pushkarev A. A. Cluster analysis of regional innovation activity in Russia in 2010—2015 // R-Economy. 2018. № 4 (1). Р. 10—17.
25. Rusetskaya O. Grouping cities based of their socio-economic indicators // Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics. 2017. № 58. Р. 223—230.
26. Zemtsov S....
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
... Mathematics and Statistics, no. 51, p. 272—280.
31. Anderson, H., Gyamfi, S., Stejskal, J. 2019, Efficiency of intellectual capital generation: a DEA analysis of selected EU regions. In: Mezinárodní kolokvium o regionálních vědách, Velké Bílovice,... ... regionov s uchetom vlijanija nauchno-innovacionnoj dejatel’nosti vuzov [Application of the process approach to assessing the innovative development of regions, taking into account the impact of scientific and innovative activities of universities], Perm,...
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
The geography of modern innovation processes increasingly covers not only megalopolises and large industrial cities, but also rural areas. The issue of innovative development of the countryside has acquired particular prominence in the context of securing human capital and preventing the marginalization of rural settlements, though creating a favorable environment for life and business in particular. At the initial stage, the innovation of rural areas is associated with the diffusion and implementation of innovations ...
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
... the RF], Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, Ser. Social'noekonomicheskie nauki, vol. 5, no. 2.
Voloshenko Ksenya, Kolosovsky Andrei, Tikhonova Anna
research and technological potential, innovation activity, regional economy, innovative infrastructure, human capital
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
... Clusters into the Mainstream of Economic Development // European Planning Studies. 1997. № 5(1). P. 3—23.
33. Storper M. The Regional Economy: Territorial Development in a Global Economy. N. Y. ; L., 1997.
34. Wolfe D. A. Knowledge, Learning and Social Capital in Ontario’s ICT Clusters // Paper prepared for the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Political Science Association University of Toronto. Toronto, 2002.
Mikhailova A. A.
innovation environment, regional innovation system, innovation security, Kaliningrad region
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... differentiation of innovative activity within the Baltic region. The analysis is done on the basis of national and international research, as well as statistical data on the intensity of research and development, structure of research expenditure, human capital in the field of advanced technologies, and the methods of institutional support for innovative activity. The authors characterise the role of business, university, and authorities — which constitute the «triple helix» — in national innovative systems. The article also analyses such important factors as the intensity of research ...
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
... accumulation, use, and transfer becomes the most important function, which enables to assess and monitor the ability of territorial innovation systems to generate new scientific knowledge. While the commercialization of knowledge in the territorial context ... ... ability to generate new scientific knowledge with the subsequent development of recommendations for managing their territorial capital as the basis of competitiveness. For Russia, the solution to this problem is most relevant in the view of a wide variety ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Cooke P. Enterprise Support Policies in Dynamic European Regions: Policy Implications for Ireland, paper presented at NESC seminar, Sustaining Competitive Advantage, NESC Research Series. March 1998, Dublin.
14. De Bresson C., Amesse F. Networks of innovators: a review and introduction to the issue // Research Policy. 1991. № 20(5). P. 363—379.
15. Dore R. Goodwill and the Spirit of Market Capitalism // British Journal of Sociology. 1983. № 34. P. 459—82.
16. Economides N. The economics of networks // International Journal of Industrial Organisation. 1996. № 16. P. 673—699.
17. Ernst D., Kim L. GPNs, knowledge diffusion and ...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M. 2011, On the potential and opportunities for cooperation between the Baltics in the field of innovations, Balt, Reg., no. 3, p. 76—84. doi:
31. Berend. I. T. 2007, Social ... ... Economics, vol. 44, no. 1, p. 108—124. doi:
38. Åslund, A. 2002, Building Capitalism: the Transformation of the Former Soviet Bloc, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
39. Kolodko, G. W. (ed.) 2005,...
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
17. Moskovskaja shkola upravlenija «Skolkovo» [Moscow School of Management «Skolkovo»], 2011, 27 June, available at: http://www.skolkovo.ru/public/ru/news/item/1807-2011-06-27-789/ (accessed 17 May 2012).
environmental innovation, sustainable development, natural capital, ecosystem
services, quest for value, valuation methods
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
... NWFD shows an increase in such indices in catches up in terms of individual indices (mobile communication density and Internet access availability). The authors offer sketch maps showing similarities in the character of territorial differentiation of innovative processes in the NEFD, Sweden, and Finland (which corresponds to the centreperiphery model).
1. Kapital strany [Capital of the country], available at: http://kapital-rus.ru/articles/article/180465 (accessed 24 May 2012).
2. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jeconomicheskie pokazateli. 2011 [Regions of Russia.Socio-economic indicators. 2011], 2011, Moscow, Federal State ...
Geography of knowledge: clustering national competence centres of Russia
While transiting to an innovation economy, cities are the most important centres of concentration of intellectual capital. However, their distribution around the territory of the country is not even. Various Russian cities also demonstrate significant differences between the systems of new scientific knowledge reproduction. The article focuses on the mesoscale study ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Ustojchivoe razvitie regiona: innovacii, jekonomicheskaja bezopasnost', konkurentosposobnost' [Sustainable development
of the region: innovation, economic security, competitiveness], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy], no. 3, p. 68—77.
12. Voloshenko,... ... of Regions from an Evolutionary Perspective, Regional Studies, no. 38 (9), p. 1001—1014.
26. Capello, R. 2009, Territorial capital and regional development. In: Capello, R., Nijkamp, P. Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories, Cheltenham,...
Regional innovation security as a coherence of multi-cyclic self-organizing: experience in building an ideal model
... regional economic reproduction subcycles. Achieving coherence through the mechanisms of self-organization and self-regulation is viewed to be the means of overcoming geo-economic instability. The study models the phase conjugation of information and innovation subcycle with the production and investment one, organizational one and human capital dynamics. Based on logical imitation modeling, the research identifies the conditions of their highest coherence and self-regulation as the mechanisms to strengthen the cyclical dynamics of regional reproduction and achieve the stronger resistance ...
US universities as educational and scientific centres
... as a centre for education and research, which includes the mechanism of generation and distribution of knowledge, as well as innovation implementation within joint research programmes with commercial enterprises.
The future of the ... ... the
California. 2003. March. P. 15.
Oaxaca R., Rhoades G.
Technology Transfer and Academic Capitalism //
AAAS Science and Technology Policy Yearbook 2001 / ed. A. Teich, S. Nelson, C. McEnaney, S. Lita.
On the historical context of innovative development in Russia
... theidentification of the features of the transition of Russian society into a new phase, which reflects the trends of global innovative processes.
1. Golubovich, А. D., Idrisov, А. B., Inozemtsev, V. L., Titov, B. Yu., Spiegel, М. М. 2009, Vyhod ... ... New World Order], Polis, no. 2, p. 10—31.
5. Bashkatova, А. 2011, Ottok kapitala i utechka mozgov — vmesto razvitija [Capital flight and brain drain — instead of development], Nezavisimaja gazeta [Independent newspaper], 9 June.
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... study emphaisises the need for regional businesses to interpret new knowledge as a key value for developing the competitive and innovative potential.
1. Applehans W., Globe A., Laugero G. Managing knowledge: a practical webbased approach. Addison Wesley ... ... // Journal of Enterprise Information Management. 2007. Vol. 20, № 2.
11. Stewart T. The Wealth of Knowledge: Intellectual Capital and the Twenty-First Century Organization. Doubleday, Random House Inc., U. S. A. 2001.
12. Tatand L. W. and Stewart ...
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
... Vol. 37(1), p. 416—430.
7. Hargroves, K., Smith M. (ed). 2005, The Natural Advantage of Nations:
Business Opportunities, Innovation and Governance in the 21st Century.
8. Lackol,M. 2006, Tax Rates with Corruption: Labour-market Effects, Discussion ... ... Explaining Economic
Policy, Cambridbe, MA: MIT Press.
13. Rajan, R. G.; Zingales, L. 2003, The Road to Prosperity: Saving Capitalism from Capitalists, Transition, Vol. 14, no. 7—9, p. 1—3.
14. Rosser, J.; Barkley, Jr. and Rosser, M. V. 2007, A ...
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
... context and scope of application. Municipalities are willing to grant exemptions from various fees and taxes. They have used innovative measures: Vilnius allowed the opening of outdoor cafes, the practice, which was observed by global media. According ... ... Dvorak, J., Burbulyte-Tsiskarishvili, G. 2018, Sustainability and sustainability marketing in competing for the title of European Capital of Culture, Organizacija, vol. 51, no. 1, p. 66—78. doi:
13. Burksiene, V....
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... Rossijskij gorod v uslovijah kapitalizma: social'naja transformacija vnutrigorodskogo prostranstva [Russian city in the conditions of capitalism: social transformation intra space], Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta, Ser. 5. Geography, no. 2, p. 26—31.
11. Mironenko,... ... at: www.spatial.ucsb.edu (accessed 01.04.2015).
33. Morgan, K. 2001, The Exaggerated Death of Geography: Localised Learning, Innovation and Uneven Development, Paper presented to The Future of Innovation Studies Conference, Eindhoven Univ. of Technology,...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... Petersburg], St. Petersburg, Krismas+, 150 p. (In Russ.)
3. Animica, E. G., Sharygin, M. D. 2007, Higher education — the strategic capital of Russia, Vestnik Permskogo universiteta, no. 6, p. 46—54. (In Russ.)
4. Benavides, L. G., Arredodo, V. 1992, To a ... ... 2, 2004, p. 219—225. (In Russ.)
6. Kasimov, N. S. (ed.), 2007, Innovacii v geograficheskom i ehkologicheskom obrazovanii [Innovations in geographical and ecological education], Moscow, 230 p. (In Russ.)
7. Kakhro, N. M., Kassens, X., Trojan, V. N.,...
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
... development], Korporativnoe upravlenie i innovacionnoe razvitie Severa: Vestnik Nauchno-issledovatel'skogo centra korporativnogo prava, upravlenija i venchurnogo investirovanija Syktyvkarskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Corporate governance and innovative development of the North: Bulletin of the Research Center of Corporate Law, Management and Venture Capital Syktyvkar State University], available at: http://koet.syktsu.ru/vestnik/2008/2008-1/1/1.htm (accessed 28 February 2013).
11. Libman, А. 2006, Rol' jekonomicheskoj integracii i dezintegracii na postsovetskom prostranstve: kolichestvennyj analiz ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... Baltic counterparts. Therefore, it is important to seize the opportunities provided by the information society and focus on the innovative areas of regional cooperation. An interesting example is the partnership between Baltic universities, which is aimed ... ....04.2016). (In Russ.)
15. Musterd, S., Marcińczak, S., van Ham, M., Tammaru, T. 2016, Socioeconomic segregation in European capital cities. Increasing separation between poor and rich, Urban Geography, p. 1—22. DOI: 10.1080/02723638.2016.1228371.
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... worthwhile. Apart from the measures aimed at strengthening the region’s economic base, it is necessary to increase the symbolic capital of Kaliningrad to achieve harmonious development of Kaliningrad identity.
1. Baltijskij uzel [Baltic node], 2001, Nezavisimaya ... ... Geopolitics, Vol. 16, p. 70—90.
25. Kramsch, O. 2011, Regulating European borders: a cultural perspective. In: Veggeland, N. (ed.) Innovative regulatory approaches: coping with Scandinavian and European policies, New York, Nova Science Publishers.
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
..., Material'naya tsivilizatsiya, ekonomika i kapitalizm, XV—XVIII vv. T. 2. Igry obmena [Material civilization, economy and capitalism, XV—XVIII centuries. T. 2. Exchange games.], Moscow, 672 p. (In Russ.)
10. Mahan, A. T. 1890, The Influence of Sea ... ... 133—141. (In Russ.)
19. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016, "The sea component of" social geography of Russia: traditions and innovations, Izvestiya RAS. Seriya geograficheskaya, p. 10—19. (In Russ.)
20. Ilyin, I. A. 1934, O Rossii. Tri rechi [About ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
. (accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
5. About the state support of organizations that are making investments in the form of capital investment in the Kaliningrad region: law of the Kaliningrad region No. 171 dated 15 July 2002, available at
http://www.... ... Public-private partnerships: principles of policy and finance. Burlington, USA, 368 p.
36. Link, A. N. 2006, Public/private partnerships: innovation strategies and policy alternatives, New York, 160 p.
37. Akitobi, B., Hemming, R., Schwartz, G. 2007, Public investment ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... riskami na urovne predprijatija [Risk management practices at the enterprise level], Saint Petersburg, 389 p.
29. Williamson, О. 1996, Jekonomicheskie instituty kapitalizma. Firmy, rynki, «otnoshencheskaja» kontraktacija [Economic Institutions of Capitalism. Firms, Markets, "relational" contracting], Saint Petersburg.
30. Shastitko, А. Е. 2010, Novaja institucional'naja jekonomicheskaja teorija [New Institutional Economics], Moscow, 880 p.
31. Agrawal, A., Cockburn, L., Rosell, C. 2010, Not invited here? Innovation in company towns, Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 67, no. 1. p. 78—89.
32. Barnes, T. J., Hayter, R. 1994, Economic Restructuring, Local Development and Resource Towns: Forest Communities in Coastal British Columbia, The Canadian Journal ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Ye. G., Sharygin, M. D. 2007, Vysshee obrazovanie — strategicheskij kapital Rossii [Higher Education — Russia strategic capital], Vestnik Permskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Perm University], no. 6, pp. 46—54.
2. Benavides, L. G., Arredodo,... ... education in the light of the Bologna process and the entry of Russia into the WTO], Innovacionnoe obrazovanie i ekonomika [Innovative education and the economy], Vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 21—22.
Gritsenko Vladimir, Zhurakhovskaya Polina, Yurov Artyom