Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
The European migration crisis has divided the population of Germany along the lines of the country’s migration policy and the attitude to immigrants. The antiimmigrant sentiment, supported by the rhetoric of the extreme right-wing parties and the criticism of current policies, have been growing in the society. This article reviews theoretical approaches to the study of public attitude to migrants proceeding from the effect that immigration has on the socioeconomic development of the host society. The authors propose ...
Geography of European Migration
... twenty-five years. The authors identify the main trends in migration, provide migration profiles of European countries, and propose a classification based on the recent changes in the migrant stock. Changes in the migrant stock (total emigration and immigration) reflect the level of involvement in international and global processes. They can serve as an indicator of a country’s attractiveness for both foreigners and the country’s citizens. The study shows that European countries are increasingly ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
20. Return & readmission, European Commission, 2015, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/irregular-migration-returnpolicy/return-readmission/index_en.htm (accessed 10.08.2015).
21. Regulation (EU) No 1052/2013 ... ... Journal L, no. 295, 6.11.2013, p. 11–26.
22. Council Regulation (EC) No 377/2004 of 19 February 2004 on the creation of an immigration liaison officers network, 2004, Official Journal L, no. 064, 02.03.2004, p. 0001 – 0004.
23. U beregov Sicilii ...
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... (in Russ.)
4. Ryazantsev, S. V. 2001, Opyt i problemy regulirovaniya migratsionnykh potokov v stranakh Zapadnoi Evropy [Experience and problems of migration management in the countries of Western Europe], Moscow, 71 p. (in Russ.)
5. Tantone, M. 2002, Immigration policies of France and the issue of illegal immigration, Immigratsionnaya politika zapadnykh stran: Al'ternativy dlya Rossii [Immigration policies of Western countries: Alternatives for Russia], Moscow, p. 204—212. (in Russ.)
6. Sapega, G. 2006, Immigrants ...
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
The ghettoisation of immigrant areas in Denmark is a lengthy and objective process of the emergence of ethno-religious ‘parallel societies’ in the state. Cultural and religious principles that are often at odds with the democratic values of Danish society guide the actions ...
The Legal Regulation of the EU Immigrant Integration Policy
... Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. URL:
(дата обращения: 10.05.2018).
9. Bundesgesetz zur Integration rechtmäßig in ... ... regions.European Agenda for the Integration of Third-Country Nationals. URL:
(дата обращения: 05.05.2018).
14. Conclusions of the Council ...
The Chinese Diaspora in the EU Countries
... ethnic ‘diffusion’ in European countries. The debate started on the pages of the Baltic Region journal by three authors — Yu. N. Gladky, I. Yu. Gladky, and K. Yu. Eidemiller . We assume that Europe has been a major centre of attraction for immigrants in recent decades and a site for the rapid emergence of ethnic communities. Unlike Muslim immigration, a product of the Arab Spring and often a measure of last resort, Chinese immigration is a result of a certain convergence between the ideologies ...
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... ehkonomicheskij krizis i nekotorye voprosy teorii migracii [Europe, economic crisis and some problems of migration theory], 2012, Aktual'nye problemy Evropy [Actual problems of Europe], no. 4 p. 10—38.
10. Ponedelko, G. N. 2015, Immigraciya v Ispanii [Immigration in Spain], Mirovaya ehkonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya [World Economy and International Relations], no. 9, p. 80—92.
11. Sebrian, H. A., Roman, H. M., Lopes, A. M. 2014, Zapadno-Sredizemnomorskij trafik v Evropu (na primere Ispanii) ...
Supranational Policy of Migrant Integration in the EU
.... The author analyses the existing sociological theories and concepts, as well as the practice of implementing supranational policies of integrating third country nationals in the European Union and its major aspects and mechanisms. On the basis of statistical ... ... the help of correlation analysis, the author identifies the key factors affecting a country’s approach to the integration of immigrants. These factors were used in conducting a cluster analysis, which made it possible to identify four groups of countries....
From the Mediterranean to the Baltic: the problem of implementing the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum
... Union. Although the crisis is past its peak, it is not over yet: problems and challenges associated with it persist. One of them is the lack of a common approach among member states to the implementation of the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum. This work aims to consider the legal and political aspects of the implementation of the principle of solidarity and fair sharing of responsibility in the area of immigration and asylum. This study relies on the works of Russian ...
The externalisation of migration control in the European Union: first steps towards the external dimension of the space of freedom, security and justice
... 30 November 1992 on a harmonized approach to questions concerning host third countries. available at: http://www. unhcr. org/refworld/ docid/ 3f86c3094.html (accessed 8 June 2011).
20. Lavenex, S. 1999, Safe third countries. Extending EU asylum and immigration policies to Central and Eastern Europe, Budapest, Akaprint.
21. Conclusions on countries in which there is generally no serious risk of persecution, The Un Refugee Agency, available at: http://www. unhcr.org/refworld/docid/3f86c6ee4.html (accessed 8 June ...
Ideology of English monolingualism as the basis of the US language policy
... Language, Planning Inequality: Language Policy in the Community. N. Y., 1991.
9. Weiss B. American Education and the European Immigrant, 1840—1940. Urbana, 1982.
10. Wiley T. G. Language planning, language policy, and the English-Only Movement // Language ... ....com/arguments/americans-overwhelmingly-support-official-english (дата обращения: 30.07.2011).
13. Tennessee becomes first state to protect businesses with English workplace policies. URL: http://www.us-english.org/view/780 (дата обращения: 30.07.2011).
14. Language Use in the United States: ...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... sootechestvennikov [Return compatriots], Russian Council on Foreign Affairs, available at: http://russiancouncil.ru/inner/index.php?id_4= 1905#top (accessed: 10.02.2014).
8. Zayka, K. 2009, Diasporicheskie i immigrantskie soobshhestva [Diasporic and immigrant communities], Mirovaja jekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija [World Economy and International Relations], no. 10, p. 74—80.
9. Zayonchkovskaya, J. A. 2008, Novaja migracionnaja politika Rossii: vpechatljajushhie itogi i novye problemy [New ...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... Social Remittances? Exploring How Polish Return Migrants Cope with Difficult Employment Conditions, Central and Eastern European Migration Review, vol. 5, no. 2, p. 21—39.
20. Sandu, D. 2016, Remittances as Home Orientation Rooted in the Lifeworlds of Immigrants, Central and Eastern European Migration Review, vol. 5, no. 2, p. 81—98.
21. Čiubrinskas, V. 2018, Returning with Resources: Social Remittances and the uncertain belonging of transatlantic remigrants. In: Hornstein-Tomic, C., Pichler, R....
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... 2015, After the Demographic Transition: Divergence, Convergence or Diversity? Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social Sciences and Modernity], no. 2, p. 112—129. (In Russ.)
5. Voinikov, V. 2015, Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration, Balt. Reg., no. 4, p. 55—65. DOI: 10/5922/2079—8555—2015—4—4.
6. Greenberg, R. S. 2012, The crisis of European integration: the award before sunset? Mir peremen [World change], no. 4, available at:
Contacts with Diasporas and Diaspora Organisations as a Key to a Successful Migrant Integration Policy in the EU
... focusing on migrant integration in both the EU states and the countries of origin. Special emphasis is placed on the role of diasporas and the efforts taken by the EU to involve them in the integration process. We stress the need for a new supranational EU immigration and integration policy, in view of new migration trends and the so-called migrant crisis. The study shows that the EU integration policy is directed towards both migrants and host countries and the countries of origin. Since the early 2010s,...
The state repatriation programme: four years later
... Chislennost' i migracija naselenija Rossijskoj Federacii v 2009 godu: statisticheskij bjulleten'. 2010. Moscow, p. 34.
Programme of voluntary repatriation, repatriates, migrants, labour potential, migration potential, migration policy, immigration of compatriots, demographic structure, migration attraction
The development of a 1946 draft decree of the USSR Council of Ministers on populating the agricultural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... обращения: 09.02.2013).
13. Зима В. Ф. Голод в СССР 1946—1947 годов: происхождение и последствия. М., 1996.
Kaliningrad region, USSR Council of Ministers, RSFSR Council of Ministers, immigration policy, agriculture, 1946
The “Polish question” in Soviet-German relations in the second half of the 1920s (based on the materials of the USSR consulate in Königsberg)
..., F. 0165, Op. 6, D. 199. 12. Srokowski, S. 1925, Z krainy Czarnego Krzyża, Poznań. 13. Vostochnaja Prussija glazami sovetskih pereselencev. Pervye gody Kaliningradskoj oblasti v vospominanijah i dokumentah [East Prussia through the eyes of Soviet immigrants. The first years of the Kaliningrad region in the memoirs and documents], 2002, Saint Petersburg, Belvedere.
international relations, ‘Polish question’, USSR, Germany, consulate, Königsberg, Polish corridor, Free city ...
The ethnic aspects of demographic processes in the Baltic region states
... Okólski, M. 2008. Economic Impacts of Migration on Poland and Baltic States // Fafo-paper. Oslo.
4. Indans, I. 2009. Migration Policies in the Baltic Sea Region 2008—2009. Rīga.
5. Mansur, A., Quillin B. (ed.). 2007. Migration and Remittances, Eastern ... ...
14. Smith, G. 2005. Latvia and Latvians // The Nationalities Question in the Post-Soviet States. London, pp. 147—169.
15. Immigrant Population in Estonia. 2009. Tallinn.
16. Latvijas Statistika. [online] Available at: <http://www.csb.gov.lv> ...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... (accessed 17.06.2015).
31. Ozonis, A. 1994, The Policies of the Baltic Countries Vis-à-vis the CSCE, NATO and WEU, The Foreign Policies of the Baltic Countries: Basic Issues, p. 49—50.
32. Haab, M. 1998, Potentials and Vulnerabilities of the Baltic States.... ... Europeanization, London & New York.
34. Elson, A. 1997, Baltic State Membership in the European Union: Developing a Common Asylum and Immigration Policy, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, Vol. 5, no. 1, Article 15, p. 317—340, available at:
International cross-border migration in the South-East Baltic: factors, structure, consequences
... Territorial division. As of December 31, 2009 // Central Statistical Office. Warszawa, 2010. [online] Available at: <http://www.stat.gov.pl> (Accessed 10 Oktober 2010).
migration, region, migration policy, emigration, immigration, labour market, globalisation
The Baltic-Pontic region in the Europe-Eurasia dual system
... of Russia.
12. Savitsky, P. N. 1991, Geograficheskie i geopoliticheskie osnovy evrazijstva [Geographical and geopolitical foundations of Eurasianism]. In: Evrazija. Istoricheskie vzgljady russkih jemigrantov [Eurasia. Historical views of the Russian immigrants], Moscow.
13. Trubachev, O. N. 1991, Jetnogenez i kul'tura drevnejshih slavjan [Ethnogenesis and the culture of the ancient Slavs], Moscow, Nauka.
14. Tsymbursky, V. L. 2007, Ostrov Rossija. Geopoliticheskie i hronopoliticheskie raboty. 1993—2007 ...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... Düvell, F. Irregular Migration in Europe, Beyond Control, Palgrave McMillan, London, p. 14—39.
19. Sahin-Mencutek, Z. 2012, Immigration Control in Transit States: The Case of Turkey, European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, vol. 5, no. 1, ... ... Haas de, H., Natter, K. Vezzoli, S. 2016, Growing restrictiveness or changing selection? The nature and evolution of migration policies, International Migration Review, vol. 50, no. 3, p. 1—44.
23. Collyer, M., Düvell, F., Haas de, H. 2012, Critical ...
A unified and harmonised European law and its impact on third countries
Having transferred the title on visas, asylum, immigration and other policies related to free movement of persons from the third pillar into the Treaty on European Community, the Amsterdam Treaty vested legislative power in the European Community in the fields of international civil procedure and private international ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... "imperialism of values"], Vestnik MGIMO-Universiteta [Vestnik MGIMO-University], no.4 (37), p.116 - 124.
3. Sokol, Ju. 2015, Rumm H: Argument o sovetskih migrantah v spore o kvotah na Evrokomissiju ne dejstvuet [Rumm H: The argument of Soviet immigrants in the debate about quotas for the European Commission does not act], Eesti Rahvusringhääling, available at: http://rus.err.ee/v/estonia/5c909cfb-3d92-4fa5-822e-8580d742d7bc (accessed 03.06.2015).
4. Sokol, Ju. 2015, Kristina Kallas: ne ...