The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
... European integration and comes to a conclusion that the concepts of European identity are stuck in a methodological trap. And the EU institutional design does not inspire confidence among the residents of united Europe. The question as to how European identity will develop after the EU crisis is becoming increasingly topical.
1. Bakke E. Towards a European Identity? URL: http://folk.uio.no/stveb1/Towards_a_European_Identity.pdf (дата обращения: 18.03.2012).
2. Bryder T. European political Identity....
The discourse of “European identity” in the conditions of the EU crisis
This paper considers the problem of European identity in the conditions of the current European crisis. European identity developed over a long time on the moral and political grounds. The author arrives at a conclusion about the need to reconsider the concept of European identity in the EU crisis conditions. European identity cannot develop in an institutional crisis. The ...
Modern trends in the Baltic countries in the discourse of identity: between sovereignty and European integration
... problem of new identity of the Baltics in the conditions of competition between European spaces. The Baltic States are presented as a political structure, where mutually competitive identities oriented towards different centres of modern Europe are developing. In the Baltics, the identity discourse acquires new markers. The agenda includes the crisis of confidence in the institutions of power and integration problems.
1. Miniotaite G. The Baltic States: in search of security and identity. URL: http://edvardas.home.mruni.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/balt-vals-saugumas....
Cultural identity: On the definition of the concept
... Большакова. СПб., 2008.
11. Assmann J. Das Kulturelle Gedachtnis. Schrift, Erinnerung und politische Identitat in fruhen Hochkulturen. München, 2000.
12. Barker С. Cultural Studies. Theory and Practice. L., 2003.
13. Stryker Sh. Identity theory: Developments and extensions // Self and Identity.N. Y., 1986. P. 89—104.
14. Вечер с Н. Княжицким. URL: www.kefeer.com.ua./vecher-s-nikolaemknyazhitskim-9-02-12-onlayn.html (дата обращения: 19.04.2013).
Identity in the conditions of globalisation and regionalisation
This article considers the influence of globalisation processes on the development of the crisis of historical and ethnocultural identity and describes the factors affecting the ethnocultural identity transformation. The author analyses how globalisation results in both the blurring of ethnocultural identity and the intensification of regionalisation processes.
1. Андрейчук ...
The identity and collective memory of Kaliningraders in recent Polish studies
This paper is a review of recent Polish studies on identity and collective memory in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation. Polish authors have analysed the development of Kaliningrad regional identity – a process closely related to collective memory changes and politics of memory. Scholars have explored the ‘identity dilemmas’ of Kaliningraders, commemorative conflicts between different groups about the past, and strategies for the ...
Russian Population Ethnic Structure: Trends and Transformations
... jetnokul'turnom izmerenii: faktory regionalizacii i prostranstvennye struktury [Russia in ethno-cultural dimension: the factors
of regionalization and spatial structures]. In: Regional'noe razvitie i regional'naja politika Rossii v perehodnyj period [Regional development and regional policy of Russia in the transition period], Moscow, p. 146—176.
13. Tishkov, V. 1997, Identichnost' i kul'turnye granicy [Identity and cultural boundaries]. In: Identichnost' i konflikt [Identity and Conflict], Moscow, p. 15—43.
14. Tishkov, V. A. 2013, Rossijskij narod: istorija i smysl nacional'nogo samosoznanija [The Russian people: the history and meaning of national ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
At the present stage of social development in Europe and Russia, studies analyzing and evaluating ethnic and national borders are of increasing relevance. Over ... ... therefore, the attempts to consolidate states through ethnic mobilization meet corresponding resistance from groups with a different identity. In the Baltic region, these processes have not reached the Ukrainian scale; however, there are prerequisites for ethno-political ...
Social identity in the conditions of cultural diversity: A search or imposition? (the case of the Kaliningrad region)
This article discusses the development of social identity in the modern Russian society in the case of the Kaliningrad region. Based on an analysis of the regional public discourse and the data of surveys and case studies, the author considers the process of promoting and imposing a model of normativity ...
The transformation of ethnic identity in the condition of post-Soviet development of the independent states
... considers the problem of ethnic identity as a polymodal one and analyses certain social, historical, and psychological aspects of its context. Language is one of the major differentiating features in terms of ethnicity. In some historical situations, ethnic identity is determined by the symbolic role of language in the processes of development of allegiance to the community and intergroup differentiation rather than the actual use of language by all mem-bers of the ethnic group.
1. Байтокова И. Важен результат: реформы в казахстанской ...
Regional identity as an important component of a bachelor of linguistics’ university training
... context of language education of a bachelor of linguistics. The authors identify the key requirements for professional training, the content of the no-tion of “regional identity”, and the learning environment of language univer-sities facilitating the development of regional identity.
1. Амосова М. А., Рипинская Л. В., Чичерина Н. В. Формирование регионоведческого компонента межкультурной коммуникативной компетенции ...
The development of nationalist identities in the Baltics: The Latvian aspect
This article discusses the development of post-Soviet nationalist identity in Latvia under the influence of nationalist neo-Nazi organizations and persuasion. The ethnic component occupies a central place in today's political identification in Latvia. It is proved that major political groups and parties recognize and ...
The attempts of founding of the Russian Idea as a Russian nation specific component of intercultural communication
The article reviews the foundation and development of the concept of the Russian Idea in the Russian philosophical and social thinking, its main definitions, content, as well as critics. The significance of development of national identity and cultural self-determination for effective intercultural communi-cation is pointed out. Besides, the role of the Russian Idea as a Russian nation specific component, forming the national identity, when dealing with intercul-tural communication ...
Small business developing the regional Identity: a case study in the Baltic Sea Region
... alueellistumiskehitykselle. Tampere, 1995.
Mare Europaeum: Baltic Sea Region Security and Cooperation from post-Wall to Post-Enlargement Europe. Copenhagen
Lanko D. A.
small businesses, Baltic Sea Region, functionalism, identity development, regionalism.
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
... politika, bezopasnost' [The state in the era of globalization: eco-no¬mics, politics, security]. In: Mirovoe razvitie [World development], no. 3, 219 p.
18. Dobronravin, N. 2011, Nepriznannye gosudarstva v «seroj zone» mirovoj politiki: osnovy vyzhivanija ... ... istokam ili poisk novoj identichnosti? [Europe, European vector of de-velopment of Poland. Back to basics, or search for a new identity?], Vishegradskaja, no. 3; Sovremennaja Evropa [Modern Europe], 2014, no. 4, p. 42.
22. Mezhevich, N. 2014, Borders ...
The transfer of the ownership of the objects of cultural heritage of the Kaliningrad region to the Russian Orthodox Church: the social and cultural aspects of the conflict
This article focuses on the factors having influenced the formation of the conscious attitude to the past of the Kaliningrad region in the local residents. The author shows that a special regional identity, which developed in the interaction with the unique cultural environment, requires a public discussion as decisions concerning the transfer of the ownership of cultural and historical objects to a religious organisation are made.
Karpenko A. M.
Witnessing in criminal proceedings
... forensic analysis. The significance of this institution is characterized from the perspective of the identity of a witness. The author stresses the importance of developing a unified approach to the procedural status of a witness. Forensic study of the identity of a witness is a key point point in the development of the institution of witnessing.
1. Баев О. Я. Основы криминалистики : курс лекций. М., 2001.
2. Сборник документов по истории государства и права зарубежных ...
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... positive image of Kaliningrad in the neighbouring Polish regions can prove worthwhile. Apart from the measures aimed at strengthening the region’s economic base, it is necessary to increase the symbolic capital of Kaliningrad to achieve harmonious development of Kaliningrad identity.
1. Baltijskij uzel [Baltic node], 2001, Nezavisimaya Gazeta, available at: http://www.ng.ru/regions/2001-03-28/4_bend.html (accessed 05.07.2014).
2. Bubenec, А. 2001, Jeskadrennyj subekt "Kaliningrad" [Squadron subject "Kaliningrad"],...
Криминалистическое изучение личности свидетеля: основные методы
This article considers the concept and the basic techniques and methods of forensic study of witness identity and focuses on the possibilities of its practical application in investigative and judicial practice. The authors justify the need for developing a forensic doctrine of witness identity.
1. Лушечкина М. А. Криминалистическое изучение личности в тактике расследования : дис. ... канд. юр. наук. М., 2002.
2. Матусевич И. А. Изучение ...
Russian Exclave on the Baltic Sea: Evolution of Exclavity and Ways to Overcome It
... [Электронный ресурс].
/9113 (дата обращения
exclavity, the Kaliningrad region, disconnection of the exclave, economic development of the exclave, Kaliningrad identity, overcoming disadvantages of the exclave position
Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region
... apply the territory brand model to research on the mechanisms of cross-border cooperation and to the elaboration of an efficient development strategy as a promising direction of further study of the cross-border cooperation and regionalisation phenomena.
... .... Anholt S. Nation Branding: A continuing theme. Brand management. 2002. № 10 (1). Р. 59—60.
5. Anholt S. Competitive identity: The new brand management for nations, cities and regions.
: Palgrave Macmilan, 2007.
6. BSR Interreg IIIB Co-operation ...
Geopolitical development potential of the Russian exclusive region: search for key strategy and mechanisms for its implementation in new conditions
... the immediate proximity of the European Union. Through understanding the geopolitical potential of development, by comparing various theoretical and practical solutions, the authors search for mechanisms that would allow a regional society to develop an adaptive strategy that can ensure the absolute priority of all-Russian civic identity and effective social, economic and humanitarian cooperation with its Baltic neighbors. Such a mechanism could be the expansion of cross-border cooperation in non-political scope.
1. Балтийский регион как полюс экономической ...
Electronic portfolio in the system of pedagogical education as an element of the digital educational environment
... multi-dimensional means of testing and control. The author concludes that while the learning environment objectively acquires the characteristics of the digital environment, it integrates the value-motivational, refleсtive, and emotional mechanisms of identity development in the learning process. In the system of higher pedagogical education, the electronic portfolio becomes an integral part of the educational process organization.
1. Бодалев А. А. Личность и общение: избранные ...
Saint-Petersburg in the Baltic Sea region
Government Advisor on Nation Branding and Public
. Presentation at the 8
of the Baltic Development Forum.
Baltic Metropolis Network. URL: http://www. baltmet. org/ (07.04.2009) ... ... for the West: A Divided/ Contested Legacy.
: Routledge, 2009.
’s Identity and the EU: Explorations below the Surface of the Enlargement Discourse // Borders, Identities and Nationalism: Understanding ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... of expert opinion and statistical analysis as well as the authors’ own data to consider the problems of international trade development in Saint Petersburg and the ways to improve the city’s competitiveness. The authors estimate the international trade ... ... studying regional competitiveness, for regional authorities, and the business community.
1. Anholt, S. 2007, Competitive Identity. The New Brand Management for Nations. Cities and regions, London, 128 p.
2. Avraham, E., Ketter, E. 2007, Media Strategies ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... Baltics in view of the ethnopolitical factor, including comparative analysis of the elite re-grouping processes, as well as in developing corresponding university courses. As to the practical aspect, the results obtained can be used by the authorities of ... ... self-determination of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Basingstoke, Macmillan.
18. Vihalemm, T. 2008, Crystallizing and Emancipating Identities in Post-Communist Estonia. In: Kanet, R. E. (ed.) Identities, nations, and politics after Communism, Routledge, p. ...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
20. Smirnov, V. A. 2014, Politicheskoe razvitie postsovetskogo prostranstva: k voprosu o roli politicheskih jelit [Political development of post-Soviet space: the question of the role of political elites], Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Serija 12. ... ... 2009, Liminality and Contested Europeanness: Conflicting Memory Politics in the Baltic Space. In: Berg, E., Ehin, P. (eds.), Identity and Foreign Policy: Baltic-Russian Relations and European Integration, Ashgate, p. 65—83.
33. Onken, E. 2007, The ...
Origins and beginnings. The Livonian Rhymed Chronicle as a reference point for literature in the Teutonic Order
... affinity between the Chronicle and German heroic epic poetry is often stressed. The established perspective, which distorts the image of the Chronicle, requires adjustment. This literary study into the Chronicle’s text complements research on the development of corporate identity in the Teutonic Order.
1. Arnold U. De primordiis ordinis Theutonici narratio. Anfänge der Deutschordens-Geschichtsschreibung // Scriptores rerum Prussicarum. Frankfurt a/M., 1968. Bd. 6.
2. Bäuml F.H. The Oral Tradition and Middle High ...
The Nature of Appearance in Kant’s Transcendentalism: A Seman- tico-Cognitive Analysis
... example is the contemporary confrontation between the “two objects” theory and the “two aspects” theory. In this paper, I develop a semantico-cognitive approach to Kant’s transcendentalism in general as well as to his conception of appearance in ... ... Thus, appearance cannot be understood ontologically as a physical object or a relation. At the same time, an appearance is not identical to its representation, since the former is an object or content of the latter. Applying G. Frege’s “semantic triangle” ...
Coastal agglomerations and the transformation of national innovation spaces
... the specifics of innovative processes taking place in coastal agglomerations under the influence of the agglomerative and coastal factors. The result of this study is a comparison and assessment of the mutual influence of the two effects of spatial development that translate into the unique identity of coastal zone cities: urbanisation and coastalisation.
Mikhaylov, A. S.
innovation space, coastal agglomeration, innovation diffusion, innovation geography, urbanization, coastalisation
Multiculturalism and morality in a globalised public space
... possibilities of multiculturalism. It is argued that the integration of a globalised com¬munity takes place within the moral development of a public space incorporating of a variety of cultures
1. Франц А. С. Нравственная культура: ... ... Вестн. Моск. ун-та. Сер. 7, Философия. 1996. № 1. С. 33—37.
globalised community, identity, intercultural relations, morality, multiculturalism, public space
Rationality in liberal philosophical theories
... equality, rationality lies at the anthropological core of liberalism, which makes it stand out among other political theories. The development of the main models of rationality relied upon by various liberal theories is reviewed.
1. Вебер М. О некоторых ... ... Rawls J. Political Liberalism (Paperback edition). N. Y., 1993.
12. Taylor C. Sources of the Self: The Making of the Modern Identity. Cambridge; MA, 1989.
13. Walzer M. Spheres of Justice. N. Y., 1983.
rationality, liberalism, liberal egalitarianism,...
Discursive features of Russian gender-oriented advertisements
... технологии в России. СПб., 2001.
7. Gilligan C. In a Different Voice: Psychological Theory and Women’s Development. Cambridge, 1982.
8. Goffman E. Gender Advertisements. N. Y., 1976.
9. Harré R. Persuasion and Manipulation // ... ... and Language. L., 1984. Vol. 1 : Language as Social Semiotics. P. 105—162.
11. Tillner G. Masculinity and Xenophobia: The Identity of Dominance // Masculinity and male roles in the perspective of a culture of peace. Oslo, 1997. P. 43—62.
The Baltic-Pontic region in the Europe-Eurasia dual system
... interactions, which include cooperation. The authors suggest applying the BPS models in interpreting and clarifying historical developments in the area from the late 14th century until the present. The article analyses the spatial, geopolitical and geochronopolitical ... ... as the models of intercivilisational interaction between Europe and Eurasia. The author addresses the issue of the political identity of the region and its ability to play an independent role in the world politics.
1. Abu-Lughod, J. 1989, Before European ...
Sociocultural potential for the development of Russia’s ethnocultural centres
... СССР //Советская этнография. 1976. № 2. С. 33—42.
14. Krugman P. Increasing Returns and Economic Geography // Journal of Political Economy. 1991. Vol. 99, № 3. P. 483—499.
Trifonova Z. A.
city, ethnicity, urbanisation, identity, centrality, potential, resource
Competence in social assistance: analysis of the expectations of young people
... followed by a content analysis of the 5 categories revealed the expectations of young people which are part of the preparedness for prosocial activity. The study presents the elements of technology aimed at expectations formation by enhancing global social identity, the prediction of personal and social development.
1. Баскаева О. В. Самосбывающееся пророчество как результат ожиданий учителя // Психологические исследования. 2015. Т. 8, № 43. С. 9.
2. Завершинский ...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
..., N. A., Kosov, Yu. V. 2015, Evrazijskij region: dialektika sovremennogo razvitija [Eurasian region: the dialectic of modern development], Evrazijskaja integracija: jekonomika, pravo, politika [Eurasian integration: economics, law, politics], no. 1 (17),... ... 149—154.
3. Dinamika kaliningradskoj identichnosti: global'nye konteksty i regional'naja specifika [Dynamics of Kaliningrad identity: global context and regional specificity] 2015—2017, Project Report RHF.
4. Kivikari, U. 1996, Jekonomicheskoe prostranstvo ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... Union, Report at the meeting of the Mont Pelerin Society on April 4, 2004 (Hamburg), available at:
(accessed 10.04.2016). (In Russ.)
13. Martin, L., Prokkola, E.-K., Saarinen, J., Zimmerbauer, K. 2015, Regions, borders and identity in a relational and territorial world, Nordia Geographical Publications, Vol. 44, no 4, p. 1—4.
14. Interim report on the implementation of the study «The Baltic Sea Region in the focus of development strategies of the European Union and the Russian Federation », 2012, Center for Cross-Border and Interregional Cooperation of the Higher School of Economics, St. Petersburg, available at:
The European idea in Central Europe and Scandinavia as a part of the security and peaceful co-existence policy in the framework of the postwar planning
... the need for a comparative study into the European idea. This article considers the tendencies and factors which affected the development of the European idea in the framework of the post-war planning. This research sets out to compare and identify similar ... ... fred, Uppsala.
12. Khennet, H. 1941, Nordens framtid, Mellanfolkligt Samarbete, Vol. 11, no. 2, p. 43—44.
13. Lot, V. 2000, Identity and statehood in the process of European integration, Journal of European integration history, Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 25.
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... competitive advantage. In: Driven, E., Groenewegen, J., van Hoof, S. (eds.), Stuck in the Region? Changing scales for regional identity, Utrecht, p. 87—102.
31. Gertler, M. S. 2003, Tacit knowledge and the economic geography of context, or The undefinable ... ... Notion of Growth Pole, Applied Economy, no. 1(2), p. 307—320.
38. Porter, M. E. 2000, Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy, Economic Development Quarterly, no. 14, p. 15—34.
39. Porter, M. E. 1990,...
The phenomenon of globalization and the problem of cultural diversity of society
... with particular emphasis on cultural aspects and stresses the need for cultural diversity in the framework of the sustainable development of society in the context of the systematic and synergetic approaches. Special attention is paid to the role of education ... ...
Введение в кибернетику / пер. с англ. Новосибирск, 1999.
Andreichuk N. V.
globalisation, identity, culture, local civilizations, cultural diversity, cultural unification, education.
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Economics. 2013. № 43 (1). P. 86—100.
27. Huggins R. The evolution of knowledge clusters: Progress and policy // Economic Development Quarterly. 2008. № 22 (4). P. 277—289.
28. Korhonen I. Progress in economic transition in the Baltic States // ... ....lt/web/en/science1/science_1
(дата обращения: 15.04.2018).
34. Mole R. The Baltic States from the Soviet Union to the European Union: identity, discourse and power in the post-communist transition of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Routledge, 2012.
35. Pinch S....
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... gosudarstvennoj statistiki [Federal State Statistics Service], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 05 October 2010).
9. Musial, K.., (ed.). 2002, Approaching Knowledge Society in the Baltic Sea Region, Gdansk; Berlin.
10. Castells, M. 1997, The power of identity: the information age: economy, society and culture, Vol. 2, 2nd ed, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
11. Diamond, J. 2005, Guns, germs, and steel. The Fates of Human Societies, N. Y.
12. The role of Maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development in European maritime sectors, European Commission, available at: http://ec. europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/clusters_en. html (accessed 01 March 2011).
13. European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, 2010, Background and analysis, May 2010....
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... Vol. 58, № 4. P. 1—15.
3. Bek N. N., Bek M. A., Sheresheva M. Y., Johnston W. Perspectives of SME innovation clusters development in Russia // Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing.2013. Vol. 28, № 3. P. 240—259.
4. Benson B. W., Davidson ... ... № 3. P. 239—246.
9. Castells M. The information age: Economy, society and culture. Blackwell, 1997.Vol. 2 : The Power of Identity.
10. Castells M. The information age: Economy, society and culture. Blackwell,1998. Vol. 3 : End of millennium.
The metaphysics of science
... building a system of transcendental metaphysics combined with mathematics and physics shows that philosophy of science is necessary for solving the most important problems of the humanity rather than analysing or synthesising scientific knowledge or development it. Philosophy of science proper should be based on Aristotle’s idea of metaphysics revisited in view of metaphysics of self-consciousness and the doctrine of practical reason, freedom, identity, and dignity of a human being as a personality. It should also embrace the idea of world history and universal civil meaning of philosophy. Recognition of relative a priori determination of human knowledge and behaviour in a broad context of ...
Migrant children in the system of education in Russia: A new research trend
... and bilingual children and to develop their emotional intelligence. Interdisciplinary research should be aimed to study and develop a stable identification with the host country in migrant children and to create a feeling of psychological security to ... ... I.
migrant children, educational system, migrant children’s emotional intelligence, subjective psychological well-being, identity, psychological mechanism of terrorism prevention
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... Territorial'naya differenciaciya demograficheskogo razvitiya Baltijskogo makroregiona [Territorial differentiation of demographic development in the Baltic macro-region], Vestnik Baltijskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic ... ... [Bulletin of Russian geographers, social scientists Association], no. 1, p. 258—268.
8. Mezhevich, N. M. 2014, Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p. 95—106. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-7....
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
57. Potts, T., O'Higgins, T., Hasings, E. 2012, Oceans of opportunity or rough seas? What does the future hold for developments in European marine policy? Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering ... ....
76. UN Atlas of Oceans, available at:
77. Waever, O. 1993, Culture and Identity in the Baltic. In: Joenniemi, P. (ed.) Cooperation in the Baltic Sea, Washington, p. 23—50.
78. Waldziński, D. 2010,...
The notion of anthropology in Kant's philosophy
... analyses different definitions, types and tasks of Kant's anthropology: Is "moral" or "practical" anthropology identical to "pragmatic" anthropology? Does anthropology aim to answer the question about the vocation of a human being?... ... bei Kant. Frankfurt a/M;Bern, 1981.
13. Guyer P. Beauty, Freedom, and Morality. Kant’s Lectures on Anthropology and the Development of his Aesthetic Theory // Jacobs/Kain 2003. S. 135—163.
14. Hinske N. Kants Idee der Anthropologie // Die Frage ...