The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
Promoting the development of social geography (one of the most important components of present-day social sciences) is especially important for contemporary ... ... its scope. On the other hand, it has suffered from a growing contradiction between the popularization of the social geographic knowledge, the need to have a clear understanding of the factors and results of a multi-scale territorial social and economic ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
The concept of “network” is traditionally used in sociological and economic sciences and serves as an in important object of research ... ... American Journal of Sociology, no. 89 (2), p. 275—305.
24. Cooke, P. 2001, Regional innovation systems, clusters and the knowledge economy, Industrial and corporate change, no. 10 (4), p. 945—974.
25. Czamanski, S., Czamanski, D. 1977, Industrial ...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
The agricultural land dynamics is one of the central issues of land use in Europe and Russia. Each historical period is characterized by its own model of agricultural ... ... geography. North Holland, 2004.
13. Balland P.-A., Belso-Martínez J. A., Morrison A. The Dynamics of Technical and Business Knowledge Networks in Industrial Clusters: Embeddedness, Status, or Proximity? // Economic Geography. 2015. № 92 (1). P. 35—60....
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
This article develops a methodology for studying the geography of companies — an area of human geography that remains understudied in Russia. The authors refer to foreign direct investment ... ... Chichester — N. Y., p. 115—138.
19. Johanson, J., Vahlne, J.-E. 1977, The Internationalization Process of the Firm — A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 8, no. 1, p. ...
Centres for the generation of scientific publications of the international level in the regions of Russia
In the past few years there has been a significant increase in the number of publications by Russian authors in international databases of scientific citation ... ... levels. The aim of this work is to identify centers for the generation of scientific knowledge in Russia using scientometric methods, as well as to classify regions by the... ... Impact. Cham, 2014. P. 127—146.
14. Livingstone D. M. Putting Science in its Place: Geographies of Scientific Knowledge. Chicago, 2003.
15. Maisonobe M., Jégou L., Yakimovich...
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
When knowledge is a paramount resource, the effective management of its accumulation, use, and transfer becomes the most important function, which enables to assess and monitor the ability of territorial innovation systems to generate new scientific knowledge. While the commercialization of knowledge in the territorial ...
Geography of knowledge: clustering national competence centres of Russia
While transiting to an innovation economy, cities are the most important centres of concentration of intellectual capital. However, their distribution around the territory of the country is not even. Various Russian cities also demonstrate significant differences between the systems of new scientific knowledge reproduction. The article focuses on the mesoscale study of spatial patterns in concentration of national centres of competence. The scientific centres are classified according to their ability to produce scientific knowledge and their number ...
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... fordevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Huawei_RuralStar_MTN_Ghana_Ru ral_Innovation_Connectivity_Case_Study_Nov.pdf (дата обращения: 24.06.2019).
19. Shearmur R. Urban bias in innovation studies / H. Bathelt, P. Cohendet, S. Henn, L. Simon (eds.) // The Elgar companion to innovation and knowledge creation. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2017. P. 440—456. doi: 10.4337/9781782548522.00037.
20. Shearmur R., Carrincazeaux C., Doloreux D. Handbook on the geographies of innovation. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2016. doi: 10.4337/9781784710774.
21. Sikora-Fernandez D. Smarter cities in post-socialist country: example of Poland // Cities. 2018. № 78. P. 52—59. doi: doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2018.03.011.
22. Sun Y. Spatial ...
Spatio-temporal patterns of knowledge transfer in the borderland
A key competitive advantage of a contemporary economy, knowledge, is distributed unevenly, tending to concentrate in cities and urban agglomerations. A border position translates into distinctive features of regional innovative development. In a favourable institutional context, proximity to a border strengthens ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
The uniqueness of a territorial socio-economic system lies in the specific features of spatial networking of economic entities that form clusters ... ... innovation helixes and smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe and beyond // J. of the Knowledge Economy. 2014. № 5 (2). P. 212—239.
20. Coenen L., Moodysson J., Asheim B. T. Nodes, networks and proximities: On ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
The study clarifies the concept of spatial networking inherent of various forms of interactions within the territorial socio-economic system of a region. The ... ... Urban Context / ed. by P. Healey, S. Cameron, S. Davoudi [et al.]. Chichester, 1995. P. 92—108.
34. Antonelli C. Collective knowledge communication and innovation: the evidence of technological districts // Regional Studies. 2000. № 34. P. 535—547....
Potential of Russian-Indian scientific cooperation (the case of western border regions of Russia)
Relations between Russia and India in the academic and research space have been developing long. In modern history, the two countries act as strategic partners that aim at common development of priority areas of knowledge with high potential for the commercialization of results and the generation of innovations. The article assesses the potential for enhancing Russian-Indian interaction in various fields of scientific knowledge. The geography of the study is ...
Methods of spatial scientometrics in the study of countries and region
The article focuses on the approaches that explain the essence of scientometrics as a set of methods for studying science. The paper also discusses the use of scientometric instruments in the spatial analysis of the geography of knowledge. The countries of the Baltic region were taken as an example. The empirical base of the research was the international database Scopus and an analytical tool for monitoring and analyzing scientific research — SciVal. On the basis of three ...
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
The article reflects the results of a study of large Russian cities (with a population of more than 100 thousand people, as well as smaller cities with the status ... ... and Economics : conference proceedings. Prague, 2019. Р. 1105—1114.
23. Mikhaylov A. S., Kuznetsova T. Yu., Peker I. Yu. Knowledge geography: human geography approach to measuring regional divergence of knowledge capital // Proceedings of the European ...
The concepts of enclave and exclave and their use in the political and geographical characteristic of the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on the genesis of and correlation between the related concepts of enclave and exclave and the scope of their use in different sciences, fields of knowledge, and everyday speech. The author examines the circumstances of their emergence in the reference and professional literature in the Russian language. Special attention is paid to the typology of the world’s enclave territories as objects of ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
This article analyzes the principles of spatial planning, which form the basis for this type of urban development in the countries of the European Union (EU) and in ... ... relationship between the town and countryside; 3) promotion of more balanced accessibility; 4) development of access to information and knowledge; 5) reduction of environmental damage; 6) enhancement and protection of natural resources and natural heritage; 7) enhancement ...
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
Regional parks in Lithuania preserve the most valuable physical and cultural components of the landscape, NATURA 2000 habitats, etc. Usually, they are located in natural or semi-natural landscapes of rural areas. These ... ... Particularities of Lithuanian Rural Settlement Network Alternations during the Period 1989—2011. Trends of Rural Development in the Knowledge Society], no. 1, p. 53—60, available at:
. elaba. lt/elaba-fedora/objects/elaba:6228361/datastreams/MAIN/content ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
This article addresses the problem of definition and identification of clusters as localized mesoeconomic systems with fuzzy boundaries that stimulate the development ... ... 324―344.
26. Iammarino, S., McCann, Ph. 2006, The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers, Research Policy, Vol. 35 (7), p. 1018―1036.
27. Lagendijk, A. 2003, Towards Conceptual Quality in Regional ...
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
The article is devoted to the topical issue of providing innovation security of the Kaliningrad region, Russia’s exclave on the Baltic Sea. The author discusses the importance ... ... 1992.
19. Asheim B. T., Isaksen А. Regional Innovations Systems: The Integration of Local «Sticky» and Global «Ubiquitious Knowledge» // The Journal of Technological Transfer. 2002. № 27. P. 77—88.
20. Aydalot P. Milieux Innovateurs en Europe. ...
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... international projects as a factor in building and developing transboundary tourism-and-recreation regions. The Karelian part of the Russian-Finnish border and the adjoining areas of Russia and Finland were the model site for the study. The research aims ... ... future], vol. 5, no. 4, p. 83—92 (in Russ.).
13. Makkonen, T., Williams, A., Weidenfeld, A., Kaisto, V. 2018, Cross-border knowledge transfer and innovation in the European neighbourhood: tourism cooperation at the Finnish-Russian border, Tourism management,...
The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... from increased mutual cooperation; however, the international networks between the clusters are still poorly developed. The aim of this article is to analyse the preconditions for cluster internationalization between these clusters, which are rather different ... ... shipbuilding output by 2030, 2012, BOFIT Weekly, no. 46, November 16.
4. Bathelt, H., Malmberg, A., Maskell, P. 2004, Clusters and knowledge: local buzz, global pipelines and the process of knowledge creation, Progress in Human Geography, Vol. 28, no. 1, p....
The Baltics in the Geography of the Largest Transnational Corporations of Europe
The aim of this study is to examine the place of the Baltic States on the corporate world map, a contemporary, foreign-investment-driven ... ... Dynamics, Summer, p. 42—63.
5. Johanson, J., Vahlne, J.-E. 1977, The Internationalization Process of the Firm — A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 8, no. 1, Spring-Summer,...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
The article considers and assesses the influence of macro-geographical factors on communication behaviour of people in the course of transition to innovative economy through the ... ... Statistics Service], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 05 October 2010).
9. Musial, K.., (ed.). 2002, Approaching Knowledge Society in the Baltic Sea Region, Gdansk; Berlin.
10. Castells, M. 1997, The power of identity: the information age: ...
Eurasian Future of Russia: Alternating Integration and Disintegration Cycles
Russia needs to fit into the international geopolitical and geo-economic landscape. The formation of this landscape is largely determined by alternating integration and disintegration cycles in the development of the world economy.... ... pervymi: Severnaya periferiya na puti k ekonomike znaniya
[And the last will become the first: The northern periphery on the way to knowledge economy], Moscow, 544 p. (In Russ.)
8. Sintserov, L. M. 2000, Long waves of global integration,
Mirovaya ekonomika ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
Network cooperation — the most efficient form of unlocking the economic and natural potential of territories — is rapidly developing in Russia under the influence of global ... ....ru/article/n/morskie-portovo-promyshlennye-kompleksy-kak-klyuchevye-ekonomicheskie-subekty-primorskih-territorialnyh-uzlov (accessed 12 September 2013).
10. Dangermond, D. 2011, Geograficheskoe znanie: nasha novaja infrastruktura [Geographical knowledge: our new infrastructure], ArcReview, no. 3 (58), p. 1—2.
11. Lebedev, V. V. 2005, Geoinformacionnoe prostranstvo ...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
This article explores the role of a regional media image on migration attitudes. Attention is drawn to the Kaliningrad region, a Russian exclave whose population ... ... Ocherki sotsiologii znaniya: problema pokolenii — sostyazatel’nost’ — ekonomicheskie ambitsii [Essays on the Sociology of Knowledge: the Problem of Generations — Competitiveness — Economic Ambitions], Moscow, 164 p. (in Russ.).