Countries of the Baltic Region in the Global Culinary Space
... Aguilar-Rodríguez, S. 2007, Cooking Modernity: Nutrition Policies, Class, and Gender in 1940s and 1950s Mexico City, The Americas, Vol. 64, no. 2, p. 177—205.
9. Beardsworth, A., Keil, T. 1997, Sociology on the Menu. An invitation to the study of food and society, London and New York.
10. Ceccarini, R. 2012, Pizza and Pizza Chefs in Japan: A Case of Culinary Globalization, Leiden, Boston.
11. Coe, A. 2009, Chop Suey. A Cultural History of Chinese Food in the United States, Oxford, New York.
Formation of monitoring system for food security (at the example of the Kaliningrad region)
The author substantiates that among basic elements of mechanism of food security provision one should consider monitoring and forecasting
of factors defining threats for food security in the exclave region.
ежегодник: статистический сборник. Калининград,...
The features of heavy metal accumulation in forest mushrooms in the Kaliningrad region
... Influence of the degree of maturity // Science of the Total Environment. 2006. N 359. P. 255—266.
5. Malinowska E., Szefer P., Bojanowski R. Radionuclides content in Xerocomus ba-dius and other commercial mushrooms from several regions of Poland // Food Chemistry. 2006. N 97. P. 19—24.
6. Kalač P. A review of edible mushroom radioactivity // Food Chemistry. 2001. N 75. P. 29—35.
7. Горбунов А. В., Ляпунов С. М., Окина О. И. О накоплении тяжелых ...
Dependence on imported food as a threat to the food security of the Kaliningrad region
This article considers the problem of food security in the case of the Kaliningrad region. The key threat to regional food security is the increasing dependence on import. It is proved that the region’s food security can be ensured through self-sufficiency.
1. ВТО-ИНФОРМ. Аналитический ...
The accumulation of heavy metals by wild mushrooms in the Kaliningrad region
... Цветновой О. Б. Грибы — биоиндикаторы техногенного загрязнения // Природа. 2002. № 11. C. 39—46.
4. Cocchi L., Vescovi L., Petrini L. E. et al. Heavy metals in edible mushrooms in Italy// Food Chemistry. 2006. № 98. P. 277—284.
5. Isildak O., Turkekul I., Elmastas M. et al. Analysis of heavy metals in some wild-grown edible mushrooms from the middle black sea region, Turkey //Food Chemistry. 2004. № 86. P. 547—552.
6. Rudawska ...
Modelling in Food Safety Control
This article proves the problem of food safety control to be multi-aspect. The author suggests applying the methods of mathematical modelling to food safety control.
Методология и методика определения уровня продовольственной ...
The modelling of consumer demand for food in the Kaliningrad region
This article presents an approach to developing a comprehensive model of demand for agricultural produce in the Kaliningrad region within the re-search problem of ensuring regional food security. The comprehensive model includes the regulatory and statistical patterns of consumption and a model of demand for resources among agricultural manufacturers. The article presents the results of statistical modelling and a forecast of regional ...
The assessment of the antioxidative status of plants of different ecological groups growing on the Curonian spit
... Арутюнян А.
В., Малинин В.
Свободнорадикальное окисление и старение. СПб
Roginsky V., Lissi E.
Review of methods to determine chain-breaking antioxidant activity in food // Food Chem
2005. Vol. 92. P. 235—254.
Lucrecia L., Chaillou L., Nazareno M.
New method to determine antioxidant activity of polyphenols //
J. Agric. Food
The assessment of the antioxidant status of medicinal plants from the collection of the botanical garden of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University (Kaliningrad)
... families. The study identified palnt species with a maximum content of biologically active compounds (phenolic antioxidants and ascorbic acid) and high antioxidant activity. These plants can be used as a basis for the creation of innovative functional food products
that have high antioxidant activity.
1. Miliauskas G., Venskutonis P. R., Beek T. A. Screening of radical scavenging activity of some medicinal and aromatic plant extracts // Food Chem. 2004. Vol. 85,№ 2. P. 231—237.
2. Samuelsen ...
First results of the import substitution policy in the Kaliningrad region
The aim of this research work is to analyze the results of the import substitution policy of an exclave territory. The objectives of this research include the analysis of the development of agriculture in the exclave region, the evaluation of the food security level, the assessment of import substitution and its influence on the development of agriculture. The subject of this study is the policy of import substitution of the Kaliningrad region. The object of this research is the agricultural sector ...
Modeling Value Chains in Kaliningrad Agriculture
The article describes an approach to modeling and monitoring of the value added in the agricultural sector of the Kaliningrad region in the situration of the need to improve food security and increase internal agricultural output. The results of the first phase of the simulation based on the example of crop production chains of added value to the monitoring Kaliningrad farmers are given for May 2015.
1. Лукьянова ...
Bread supply issue and the food independence of the Novgorod land
This article deals with the issue of the food supply problems on the territory of the Novgorod land in the 11th-16th centuries. Despite permanent bread budget deficit, Veliky Novgorod managed to maintain political and economic independence and avoid purchasing significant amounts of grain. The ...
On the role of Arctic cod in the nutrition of abundant bird species of the Barents Sea
This article analyses the role of Arctic cod—the most abundant representative of Arctic fish fauna in the food web of the Barents Sea ecosystems. The author estimates the degree of its consumption by the most abundant seabirds-ichthyophagist (northern fulmar, Brünnich's guillemot, black-legged kittiwake) and performs ccalculations that can serve as a basis ...
Changes in prices for basic consumer basket goods: The case of the Kaliningrad region
... the minimum consumer basket. The analysis uses the indicative method based on studying variations in the chain growth rate of prices, trends method, and time series variation. The calculations made it possible to describe changes in prices for staple food in the Kaliningrad region over the past ten years.
1. Борисова А. А., Ермолаев М. Б. Проявление закона Филлипса на уровне региона // Экономика и предпринимательство....
The development of dairy farming: forecasts and trends
... period of implementation of the policy of import substitution in Russia, the level of production of basic agricultural products is gradually approaching the rational rate of their consumption. The biggest gap in providing the population with basic food remains in the production of milk. Only 71.0 % of the recommended norm of dairy produce is consumed. At the same time, in 2017, the level of self-sufficiency of Russia with this type of food was 84.0 % (against 90.0 % indicated in the Doctrine), ...
Military sovkhozes of the Red Army in former East Prussia in 1945—1946
This paper focuses on the ensuring of food supply for the military personnel of the Red Army and the German population in the first post-war years. Emphasis is placed on the development of new agricultural structures - subsidiary farms, enterprises, and, later, military sovkhozes, which created ...
Competitive effects of low trade barriers: evaluations for the Kaliningrad region
... Blackwell Publishing.
15. Venables, A. J. 1987, Trade and trade policy with differentiated products: a Chamberlinian-Ricardian model, Economic Journal, no. 97, p. 700—717.
16. Wilhelmsson, F. 2006, Market Power and European Competition in the Swedish Food Industry, Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, no. 7 (1), Article 7.
Kaliningrad region, free economic zone, international trade, competition, prices
The morphological features of the renal corpuscles in laboratory mice during a soluble silicon compound experiment
... and chronic kidney disease: Possible associations with endotoxin and ultrafine particles // Am. J. Ind. Med. 2016. Vol. 59(1). P. 1—11.
31. Sripanyakorn S., Jugdaohsingh R., Dissayabutr W. et al. The comparative absorption of silicon from different foods and food supplements // Br. J. Nutr. 2009. Vol. 102, № 6. P. 825—834.
32. Stratta P., Canavese C., Messuerotti A. et al. Silica and renal diseases: no longer a problem in the 21st century? // J. Nephrol. 2001. Vol. 14(4). P. 228—247.
Processing fat-based sludge by vermicomposting
The work aims to study processing fat-based sludge generated as a waste from the food enterprise in the Kaliningrad region through vermicomposting to obtain environmentally friendly bio-fertilizer. The research focused on chemical composition and physicochemical properties of fat-containing sludge and soil samples before and after ...
Social representations of healthy eating: an empirical study
... perspective of social psychology. The author reports the results of a pilot study into the social representations of “healthy eating” among university students. The article analyses structural units of a social representation of “healthy and unhealthy food”, the opinions of young people about their own diet, motives behind choosing certain products, and the sources of information about them being good/bad for health.
1. Алимпиева А. В., Прасова Е. А. Самосохранительное ...
The development of bioeconomy of the Baltic Region in the context of regional and global climate change
Climate change is projected to have a profound effect on natural ecosystems, biodiversity, and societies both in the Baltic region and globally, particularly so through agriculture and food systems. The Baltic region has a vast potential for the development of bioeconomy due to the existing opportunities for biomass production and advances in microbiology leading to process- and product innovations in biomass production and utilization....
Culture-specific words in the poem «Dead Souls» by N. V. Gogol: the problem of translation
... poem “Dead souls” by N. V. Gogol and its two English translations made by D. J. Hogarth and R. A. Maguire, the author considers lexical units having a cultural component and belonging to the following semantic fields — Clothes, Transport and Food. The lexical units selected are examined from the point of view of their translation into English in the target texts. By means of a comparative analysis of the source and the target texts, the author establishes a set of criteria for the identification ...
Legal regulation and efficiency of the bread storage stores in the Vologda region in the late 19th/early 20th centuries
... 2013. № 1, вып. 25. С. 90—96.
8. Котов П. П. Динамика уровня земледелия в Коми крае в конце XVIII — начале XX века. Сыктывкар, 1996.
Chudov S. I.
bread storage stores, food, hunger, crop failure, Vologda province
The consumer sentiment: regional aspect
... evaluation indicators characterizing consumer sentiment. The technique for estimating the consumer sentiment index is described. The article presents the first results of monitoring consumer sentiment in the clothing and footwear markets, as well as food products in the Kaliningrad region.
1. Баринов А. Я., Лукьянова Н. Ю. Конкурентная среда, деловая активность, потребительские настроения: региональный аспект....
The influence of environmental factors on the main parameters of woodcock (Scolopax rusticola L.) roding in the Kaliningrad region
This article analyses the 2009—2010 data on woodcock roding. The authors assess the impact of meteorological conditions, light level, food availability, and other factors on the duration and intensity of woodcock roding in the Kaliningrad region. A direct correlation was established between the duration of daylight hours and the basic parameters of woodcock roding. Other
The development of a 1946 draft decree of the USSR Council of Ministers on populating the agricultural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... draft resolutions of the USSR Council of Ministers “On the Priority Measures for the Population of Districts and the Development of Agriculture in the Kaliningrad Region.” The author considers the reasons behind a reduction in financial benefits and food support for settlers in the Kaliningrad region.
1. История края (1945—1950) : учеб. пособие для студентов-историков Калининградского государственного университета ...
The state of antioxidant system in patients with alcohol abuse
... trace elements, electrolytes, and oxidative stress/antioxidant systems in epileptic patients // J. Pharmacol.Sci. 2004. Vol. 96. P. 465—473.
12. Yashin Ya. I., Nemzer B. V., Ryzhnev V. Yu. et al. Creation of a Databank for Content of Antioxidants in Food Products by an Amperometric Method // Molecules.2010. Vol. 15. P. 7450—7466.
13. Noyer M., Dwulet F. E., Hao Y. L., Putnam F. W. Purification and characterization of undegraded human ceruloplasmin // Anal. Biochem. 1980. Vol. 102. P. 450—458....
An environmental analysis of the red-backed shrike’s and barred warbler’s nutrition in the conditions of sympatric habitation in natural and anthropogenic stations
... The main dietary differences between these species lie in the foraging tactics: ambushing in the red-backed shrike and searching in the shrub layer and tall grass in the barred warbler. The preference of barred warbler and red-backed shrike for large food items is a significant limiting factor for their synanthropization, since, in human settlements and their outskirts, such invertebrates are more vulanerable to human activities.
1. Барановский А. В. Особенности питания ...
The role of brand ecosystem in solving the tasks of hi-tech product marketing
... International Journal of Educational Management. 2011. Vol. 25, № 7. P. 724—739.
15. Pinar M., Trapp P. Creating competitive advantage through ingredient branding and brand ecosystem: the case of Turkish cotton and textiles // Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing. 2008. Vol. 20, № 1. P. 29—56.
16. Schoenfelder J., Harris P. High-tech corporate branding: lessons for market research in the next decade //Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal. 2004. Vol. 7, № 2....
An environmental analysis of the activity of bioflavonoid accumulation in medicinal plants
... correlation between the catechine and leucoanthocyanin content in plant tissues (r = 0.89) is observed. The study identified promising plant species with a high content of bioflavonoids. These plants can be used as a basis for developing innovative functional foods that exhibit high antioxidant activity.
1. Масленников П. В., Чупахина Г. Н., Скрыпник Л. Н. и др. Содержание низкомолекулярных антиоксидантов в лекарственных ...
Land Use Policy and Land Management in Estonia
... forms of land ownership], Moscow. (In Russ)
9. Bogdanov, V. L., Garmanov, V. V., Zasyad'-Volk, V. V., Osipov, G. K. (eds.) 2010, Upravlenie zemel'nymi resursami [Land resourses management], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
10. The official website of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2015, available at:
. fao. org/ (accessed 15.09.2015).
11. "Categories of land and the use thereof", 2008, The decree of the Government of the Republic of Estonia № 155,...
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
... in Natural Capital: The Ecological Economics Approach to Sustainability. - Washington DC. P.128- 149.
Bohle, H. G., Downing, T. E., Watts, M. J. (1994). Climate change and social vulnerability: toward a sociology and geography of food insecurity //
Global Environmental Change.
Vol.4, issue 1. P. 37-48.
Callan S. J., Thomas J. M. (2007). Environmental economics: applications, policy, and theory.
Cerin P. Karlson L....
Pollination as an ecosystem service in agricultural nature management
... Journal. 2008. N 3 (9). URL: http://www.plosone. org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371 %2Fjournal.pone.0003128#pone-0003128-t003 (да¬та обращения: 18.10.2014).
8. An introductory guide to valuing ecosystem services Department for Environ-ment // Food and Rural Affairs. L. 2007. URL: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/ nature/biodiversity/economics/pdf/valuing_ecosystems.pdf (да¬та обращения: 25.11.2014).
9. Banaszak J. Strategy for conservation of wild bees in an agricultural landscape ...
The current state and problems of fishing industry development in the coastal regions of the Russian Federation
The study discusses the key current problems and parameters of the modern fishing industry in Russia. Given the EU and US restrictive measures towards Russia and reciprocal food import restrictions by our country, the condition of the domestic fishing industry is of particular interest. The article analyzes the quantitative parameters of the industry, identifies key leading companies, shows the dynamics of the number of ...
Seasonal Larva Number Dynamics and Settlement of Juvenile Zebra Mussel (Dreissena polymorpha Pallas) in the Prybrezhny Quarry (the Kaliningrad region)
..., Ojeda F.
P., Inestrosa N.
Settlement of benthic marine invertebrates // Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 1993. V. 97. P. 193—207.
Field and laboratory observations of
larvae: abundance, growth, mortality and food demands // Arch. Hydrobiol. 1989. V. 115. P. 537—561.
The other life: an account of present knowledge of the larval phase of
// Nalepa T.
F., Schloesser D.
W. (eds.) Zebra mussels: biology, impacts ...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... № 1.
22. Szulanski G. Exploring Internal Stickiness: Impediments to the Transfer of Best Practice Within the Firm // Strategic Management Journal 17 (Special Issue Winter). 1996.
23. Hurt M., Hurt S. Transfer of managerial practices by French food retailers to operations in Poland // The Academy of Management Executive. 2000. Vol. 19, № 2.
24. Wang S., Noe R. A. Knowledge sharing: A review & directions for future research // Human Resource Management Review. 2010. Vol. 20, № 2.
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
... through 10 years, we are disconnected from the Russian power system], 2014, REGNUM, 30 September, available at: http://www.regnum.ru/news/polit/1852448.html (accessed 10.12.2014).
11. Prodovol'stvennoe jembargo RF oboshlos' Jestonii v 150 mln evro [Food Russian embargo cost of Estonia 150 million euros], 2014, RIA Novosti, 9 September, available at: http://ria.ru/world/20140909/1023445906.html (accessed 01.11.2014).
12. Reimer, А. 2014, I u nas budet Natura Siberica [And we will Natura Siberica],...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... Rossijskoj Federacii ot 30 nojabrja 2010 g. № 2136-r [Order of the Government of the Russian Federation on November 30, 2010 № 2136-r].
2. Ob utverzhdenii Doktriny prodovol'stvennoj bezopasnosti Rossijskoj Federacii [On approval of the Doctrine of the food security of the Russian Federation]: Ukaz Prezidenta Rossijskoj Federacii № 120 ot 30 janvarja 2010 g. [Presidential Decree
№ 120 of January 30, 2010].
3. Vasilchenko, M. 2011, Uslovija formirovanija innovacionnogo potenciala rossijskogo zhivotnovodstva ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... Policies in the 21st Century, Ottawa, available at:
7. Dobbs, R., Oppenheim, J., Thompson, F., Brinkman, M., Zornes, M. 2011, Resource Revolution: Meeting the World’s Energy, Materials, Food, and Water Needs’, available at:
8. Towards the Circular Economy: Accelerating the scale-up across global supply chains, 2014,...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Effective use of the allocated funds would require setting up a regional programme identifying priority areas of regional economic development thus ensuring economic stability. There is also a need to support companies ensuring the economic — including food — security of the region.
1. Analiz hozjajstvujushhih sub#ektov i opredelenie trebovanij k ih jekonomicheskim harakteristikam na osnove balansovoj modeli razvitija regiona dlja formirovanija
mehanizmov podderzhki s cel'ju narashhivanija konkurentosposobnosti ...
On the benthic foraminifera species of Alabaminella weddellensis and Epistominella exigua in paleo-oceanologic reconstructions
.... P. 87—150.
31. Schlitzer R. Ocean Data View. 2018. URL:
(дата обраще\ния: 04.07.2018).
32. Schmiedl G., Mackensen A., Müller P. J. Recent benthic foraminifera from the astern South Atlantic Ocean: Dependence on food supply and water masses // Marine Micropaleontology. 1997. Vol. 32. P. 249—287.
33. Sen Gupta B. K., Lee R. F., May M. S. Upwelling and an unusual assemblage of benthic foraminifera on the northern Florida continental slope // Journal of Paleontology....
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... criterion of optimal factor income. In conclusion, the authors offer recommendations for using the proposed models in business, public administration and regional economic modeling.
1. Andreeva, T. V. 2011, The projecting of product cost creation chains in food industry, Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Orenburg State University], Vol. 13, no. 132, p. 6−13. (In Russ.)
2. Atamanchuk, G. V. Teoriya gosudarstvennogo upravleniya [The theory of state administration], Moscow,...