The export control system automatization
The paper considers one of the options for automation of the export control system taking into account the norms of modern Russian legislation. It is concluded that the best option for such an information system is a web application. The model of classes of export control system by means of UML notation was ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
... (Lithuania) in solving energy problems of the Baltic States. The author analyses Russia’s role in the electric energy market and focuses on a possible increase of the country’s energy market share following the construction of the Baltic NPP and the export of generated electric energy to Poland, Lithuania, Germany, and Sweden. The author concludes that the prospects of Russia’s energy export to the Baltic Sea region will be determined not only by technological, economic and market factors, but ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
This article considers the problems of competition and cooperation in the field of energy in the Baltic region, first of all, those related to the export of Russian oil and oil products, the Nord Stream gas pipeline, and the construction of nuclear plants in Poland, the Kaliningrad region, Lithuania, and Belarus. The author shows that, though Russia and the EU occasionally pursue opposite goals,...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... analysed in this current research, using IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook data for 55 countries in the estimation sample. This unique research applies a Multinomial Logistic procedure, and a Heckman Two-Step procedure in its accountancy for market size, exports, openness, and foreign direct investment. The business environment factors for estimation are highlighted. Also, several macro-economic modifications of the basic model specification are tested, providing further empirical analysis. Results indicate ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... of the exclave’s economy in the transitional period of the special economic zone (SEZ) functioning. The key method of analysis is the comparison of data on the generation of gross regional product and regional foreign economic activities (including export and import of goods and moving goods from/into the Kaliningrad region to other Russian regions). It results in a conceptual CFMER, which is assessed as of 2011. The availability of additional — as compared to a regular region — data on commodity ...
Foreign trade of the Kaliningrad region: major trends
The author exposes major trends of foreign trade development in the Kaliningrad region in new geopolitical situation, basic features of exports and imports in the exclave region.
деятельность предприятий и организаций Калининградской области за 2000—2007 гг.: статистический ...
Geographical structure and dynamics of foreign trade relations of the Republic of Crimea with the border countries and economic security issues
... «Greater Eurasia» are found to have an impact on the foreign trade of the Republic of Crimea. Special attention is given to the Republic's position in the foreign trade relations in the Greater Black Sea region. The article describes the specifics of exports and imports commodity structure with core partner countries. It is revealed that large-scale changes in the foreign trade of the Republic of Crimea were influenced by external restrictions (sanctions and blockades) and the process of reorientation ...
The impact of Russia’s counter-sanctions on Lithuania’s foreign economic activities
... the structure of foreign economic activities and examine the main trends, features and problems of trade. The authors analyse transformations in bilateral trade — the role of Russian in Lithuanian foreign trade and the volume of Russian-Lithuanian exports and imports of goods and services.
1. Санкции в отношении России // РИА Новости. 2016. URL:
(дата обращения: 01.07.2016).
2. Литва ввела ...
The Policy of Regional Convergence in Russia-Belarus integration: Prospects for Development
... them. The article examines the principles that determine the participation of a country in international integration as well as prospects for the further development of the regional economic and political mechanisms, which are being formed
1. Belstat: Export and import with the certain countries in January-July, 2016, available at:
From the History of the Kokand branch of the Volga-Kama Commercial Bank
... historiography to examine the bank’s credit and debit operations, to analyse its profits and spending, and to study its staff. The Volga-Kama Bank had a strong branch network in Central Asia. The bank strived to take control over cotton and fruit exports. However, it failed and did not become a monopolist on the Turkestani market. For banks, the ‘modernization’ of the Central Asian economy meant financing the production of export crops and acting as an intermediary between the metropolis and ...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
... cultural change, Vol. 40, no. 3, p. 523—543.
12. Edwards, S. 1992, Trade orientation, distortions and growth in developing countries, Journal of development economics, Vol. 39, no. 1, p. 31—57.
13. Egger, P., Huber, P., Pfaffermayr, M. 2005, A note on export openness and regional wage disparity in Central and Eastern Europe, The Annals of Regional Science, Vol. 39, no. 1, p. 63—71.
14. Ezcurra, R., Rodríguez-Pose, A. 2013, Does Economic Globalization affect Regional Inequality? A Cross-country Analysis,...
On the measures taken by the Latvian government to solve the economic problems caused by the beginning of World War II
... отношениях СССР с Латвией, Литвой и Эстонией: август 1939 — август 1940 гг. М, 1990.
Kovalev S. N.
internal political situation, government, economic duty, placement service, agricultural labour, economy, export.
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... Samara, 314 p. (In Russ.)
19. Amador, J., Cabral, S. 2016, Global value chains: A survey of drivers and measures, Journal of Economic Surveys, Vol. 30, no. 2, p. 278—301.
20. Banga, R. 2014, Linking into global value chains is not sufficient: Do you export domestic value added contents? Journal of Economic Integration, Vol. 29, no. 2, p. 267—297.
21. Bullón, D., Mena, T., Meng, B., Sánchez, N., Vargas, H. 2014, Using the Input-Output Approach to Measure Participation in GVCs: The Case of Costa ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... http://rup.ee/rus/novosti/ekonomika-i-biznes/chetyrekhmesiachnyi-gruzooborot-portov-stran-baltii-umenshilsia-na-6-4 (accessed 09.06.2015).
33. «Bloomberg»: jeksport stran Baltii v Rossiju umen'shitsja v jetom godu na 18-25% [«Bloomberg»: Baltic States exports to Russia will decrease this year by 18-25%], 2015, Freecity.lv, available at: http://www.freecity.lv/biznes/19629/ (accessed 23.02.2015).
34. Jeksport litovskih produktov v RF sostavljal pochti 2 mlrd. litov [Exports of Lithuanian products in ...
On the assessment of cross-border regions' development potential
... the potential of cross-border region development on the basis of theoretical and methodological materials. The study examines the Kaliningrad region and Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship. The article is focused on the modelling of interindustry balance and export/import functions of border territories.
1. Izard, U. 1966. Metody regional'nogo analiza: vvedenie v nauku o regionah.Moscow.
2. Borisevich, V. I., Kandaurova, G. A. (Ed.). 2001. Prognozirovanie i planirovanie jekonomiki: ucheb. posobie. Minsk....
The functional approach to managing regional foreign economic activity
... Калининградской области.
Borodavkina N. Yu.
functional approach, multi-level management system, planning, organization, motivation, control, foreign economic activity, export support
The External Economic Factor in the Development of Northwestern Regions: Institutional Support and an Impact Assessment
This research is warranted, since the Northwestern Federal District accounts for a significant proportion of Russia’s exports. The study aims to reveal the connection between the federal district’s external and internal economic development and to identify the extent to which institutional support for international economic cooperation facilitates brisk international ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... uncertainty is considered through the performance of the regions’ key enterprises and emerging technology companies. I analyse the revenue profiles of the regions’ leading industrial enterprises in 2014—2015 and emphasise the role of key industrial exporters. This article is a preliminary study without any claim to completeness. Further research will seek to present the findings obtained in more detail.
Lachininskiy S. S.
economic security, geo-economic uncertainty, Saint Petersburg, Leningrad ...
When and why regional clusters become basic building blocks of modern economy
... and as a special class of economic projects (cluster initiatives). We examine the properties of clusters corresponding to each class and demonstrate their role in the geographical and functional fragmentation of production, in the integration of local exporters into global value chains, and in bridging communication gaps and developing collaboration among economic agents. We show that clusters occupy a central place among various types of business networks and have a comparative edge making them key ...
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
... available at: http://eng.
customs.ru/ (accessed 20 August 2011).
6. World Trade Organization, available at:www.wto.org (accessed 10 August
World Trade Organization, integration, Global Economy, external economic activities, export, import, foreign investment, constituent entity of the Russian Federation
Lithuania's Lonely Leadership 2.0.
... and onwards. While the overall economy seems to be on the mend and the relationships with the adjacent countries (Poland, mostly) are improving, Lithuanian leadership, argues the author, is still very much a subcontract one: it follows the model of “export democracy”, has a narrow agenda and is implicitly geared towards curtailing the influence of its eastern neighbor. The escalation of violence and further development of social and economic crisis in Ukrane make a European-style reform (where ...
Исследования современного маркетинга: вехи пути
... S. 1—23.
10. Hoppe D., Wagner U. Customer Base Analysis: The Case for a Central Variant of the Betageometric/NBD Model // Marketing — Journal of Research and Management.2007. 3 (2).
11. Baldauf A., Cravens D., Wagner U. Examining Determinants of Export Performance in Small Open Economies // Journal of World Business. 2000. 35 (1). S. 61—79.
12. Wagner U., Geyer A. A Maximum Entropy Method for Inverting Laplace Transforms of Probability Density Functions // Biometrika. 1995. 82 (4). S. 887—892....
The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster
The coastal regions of Russia, which ensure the country’s major export/import transactions, have potential for developing special forms of spatial organisation of regional transport system – transport clusters. This form of spatial organisation is better adapted (in comparison to a transport complex) to the ever-changing ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... Energy Portal, available at: http://www.energy.eu/directives/2006_03_08_gp_document_en.pdf (accessed 17 October 2011).
4. Mitrova, Т. 2005, Analiz faktorov riska rossijskogo jeksporta prirodnogo gaza [Analysis of risk factors of Russian natural gas exports], The Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, available at: http://www.eriras.ru/papers/2005/risks. pdf (accessed 02 October 2011).
5. Matteotti, S., Nartova, О. 2010, Novye trebovanija k inostrannym operatoram na gazovom ...
The project "Greater Eurasia" among the factors of development of the exclave of the Kaliningrad region
... a wide body of literature on the problem. It is shown that the exclave position of the Kaliningrad region makes it difficult to justify a long-term strategy of its socio-economic development. Most of the previously developed strategies were based on export and / or import-substitution, proceeding from the advantageous geographical position in the coastal zone and the region’s proximity to economically developed countries and Russian regions. Deterioration of political relations and the weakening ...
Russia’s energy geostrategy in the Baltic Sea region
... EU], Geopolitika (litovskiy portal) [Geopolitics (Lithuanian portal)], available at: URL: http: // www. geopolitika. lt/index. php?artc=4555 (accessed 9 January 2013).
12. Muzlova, G. 2012, Perspectivy morskogo eksporta nefti [Prospects of Marine Oil Exports], available at: URL: http://www. morvesti. ru/analytics/index. php?ELEMENT_ID=16641 (accessed 16 January 2013).
13. HSBC Global Connections Trade Forecast Update Russia, available at: available at: http://www. hsbc. ru/1/PA_1_1_S5/content/russia/about_us/news/pdf/ ...
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... (accessed 15 March 2010).
14. Haukkala, H. 2010, The EU-Russia Strateguc Partnership: The Logic of Post-sovereignty in International Relations, London, Routledge.
15. Hernández i Sagrera, R. 2010, The EU-Russia readmission-visa facilitation nexus: an exportable model for Eastern Europe?, European Security, no. 19 (4),p. 569—584.
16. Lavenex, S., Schimmelfennig, F. 2009, EU Rules beyond EU borders? Theorizing External Governance in European Politics, Journal of European Public Policy, no. 16 (6),...
St Petersburg Business Information Centres and Their Role in Increasing the Efficiency of International Business Activities
... acknowledges the significant contribution of regions to the development of the state’s foreign policy. An increase in innovative production, a commitment to achieve complete import substitution, and the development of measures to promote non-raw material export are the principal objectives established by the state for its regions. The current trends in world economy and the geopolitical situation formulate new goals and objectives for regions and suggest the creation of innovative and universal mechanisms ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... the import substitution manufacturing and will significantly affect the conditions of regional economy development. Implementation of the Strategy for the Socioeconomic Development of the Region will contribute to the innovativeness of economy, its export orientation, development through an increase in labour productivity, and cooperation with both Russian and international partners. It will reduce the dependence of production on imported raw materials and semi-finished produces, as well as its ...
Billionaires and Millionaires of the Baltic Sea Region: A Comparative Analysis of National Business Elites
6. Harris, J. 2009, Statist Globalization in China, Russia and the Gulf States, Science & Society, no. 73 (1), p. 6—33.
7. High-technology exports (current US$), available at:
. VAL. TECH. CD (accessed 20.06.2017).
8. Millionaire migration in 2015, 2015, New World Wealth, available at:
The historical aspects and current issues of the development of Russian-Lithuanian economic relations
... November, available at: http://www. mid. ru/ns-reuro. nsf/ZUstrana/58A7F3F65D1AA09EC325758200330E25?opendocument (accessed 8 September 2012).
27. Litva. Obzor torgovyh otnoshenij s RF jeksport v Litva [Lithuania. Review of trade relations with Russia exports to Lithuania], Integrated Foreign Economic Information Portal, available at: http://www. ved. gov. ru/exportcountries/ lt/lt_ ru_ relations/lt_ru_trade/ (accessed 8 September 2012).
28. Tsukanov, N. 2012, Dva goda u vlasti [Two years in power],...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... Russia´s Import Measures, Diplomaatia, available at:
(accessed 6 August 2020).
30. Morozenkova, О. V. 2019, Prospects for the development of Russian exports of non-primary non-energy products in new markets, Rossiiskii vneshneekonomicheskii vestnik [Russian Foreign Economic Bulletin], no. 9, p. 44—60 (In Russ.).
31. Efremenko, I. N., Karaya, Y. V. 2013, Development of integration processes in the ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... New Trans-border Water Routes in the South-East Baltic: Methodology and Practice, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 121—136. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-11.
23. Kropinova, E. 2013, More documents from Kropinova, Elena More documents from Baltic Region Export to your Reference Manger Please Copy & Paste Bibtex-Export Endnote-Export Display Statistics Weiterempfehlen Bookmark and Share Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
...?Action=Details&Item=485 (accessed 17.07.2017).
28. ESPON (European Observation Network, Territorial Development and Cohesion, 2013, ESaTDOR European Seas and Territorial Development, Opportunities and Risks, report 25 April, available at:
29. Fedorov, G.M, Korneevets, V.S, Tarasov, I. N., Chasovskiy, V. I. 2016, Russia among the Countries of the Baltic Region, International Journal ...