The concepts of enclave and exclave and their use in the political and geographical characteristic of the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on the genesis of and correlation between the related concepts of enclave and exclave and the scope of their use in different sciences, fields of knowledge, and everyday speech. The author examines the circumstances of their emergence in the reference and professional literature in the Russian language. Special attention ...
The historical and geographical evolution of the enclavity of the Kaliningrad region
This article considers the origin, development, change in the status, and extinction of enclave and exclave formations in the territory of the modern Kaliningrad region. The author offers information on their socio-economic and political features. The article identifies enclave (exclave) problems peculiar to them, including the land access ...
Сoastal exclaves among enclosed territories of the world
The article studies coastal exclaves as a special type of enclave territories of the world. They are understood as territories separated from the territory of the mother country by a foreign state (states) but having access to the sea. A complete list of coastal exclaves in the world as well as their main comparative ...
Intergenerational transmission of poverty: a challenge for Poland
... The main poverty drivers were the three overlapping processes: de-industrialization, ‘dewelfarization’ and de-institutionalization of the family accompanied by the devolution of social care management from the central to the local government. The enclaves of poverty emerged as a result of better-off residents leaving dilapidated blocks of flats and both spontaneous and deliberate accommodation of poorer citizens in these houses as social housing residents. In these areas, poverty tends to take ...
Kaliningrad and Crimea as Russian exclaves: similarities, differences, and interconnections
The article examines the emergence and development of Crimea (including Sevastopol) as Russia’s fourth exclave. Using the typology of the world’s enclave areas as objects of political geography, the author identifies distinctive characteristics of the Kaliningrad region and Crimea (the Crimean federal district) and compares them to other national and international enclaves. Another focus is the ...
«Special» Socio-economic Regions: Conceptual Approach and Typology
... контексте глобализации. СПб., 2005.
8. Клемешев А.
Российский эксклав: преодоление конфликтогенности. СПб., 2005.
'special', socioeconomic region, enclave/exclave, overseas territory, free/special economic zone, new forms of spatial economic integration, еuroregion, international production cluster.
Ways of an estimation of realisation of priority national projects in the Kaliningrad region and a way of perfection of the legislation on their financing
... are taken up. The article contains the analysis of creation and realization of the above-stated programs, considers legal regulation questions, mentions features of financing and realization of programs in the Kaliningrad region, with allowance for enclave area positions. Ways of perfection of financing and realization of programs to the legal and remedial plan are considered
учёт, налоги, хозяйственное право: ловарь. М., 2006....
Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions
... politiki [Typology of regions for the purpose of regional policy], St. Petersburg, 65 p.
3. Klemeshev, А. P., Fedorov, G. М. 2004, Ot izolirovannogo jeksklava – k «koridoru razvitija». Al'ternativy rossijskogo jeksklava na Baltike [From an isolated enclave - a "development corridor". Alternatives to the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea], Kaliningrad, 253 p.
4. Pokshishevsky, V. V., Fedorov, G. М. 1988, Osnovy geografii naselenija i rasselenija v predelah Mirovogo okeana [Basics of geography ...
The Kaliningrad Oblast: a Unique Region and a Typical Centre
... instability of the socioeconomic situation. The main reason for the reduced efficiency of state activity is the attempt to apply standard mechanisms of governmental regional development regulation that neglect the unique nature of this Russian territory: its enclave/exclave status, the settling history of the region, the dependence on external markets, etc. To solve the problems of the Kaliningrad region, the state should partially revise its ideology, including the views on external connections of Russia’s ...
Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia-EU Relations
... Polski Instytut Spraw Międzynarodowych. 2011. Nr 62.
5. Gemziak Ł. Obwód Kaliningradzki — rosyjska enklawa wewnątrz Unii Europejskiej // Dialogi Polityczne. 2008. Nr 10.
6. Gromadzki G., Wilk A. Overcoming Alienation: Kaliningrad as a Russian Enclave inside the European Union, Warsaw. January 2001.
7. Menkiszak М. Rosja wobec Unii Europejskiej: kryzys „strategicznego partnerstwa” // Prace OSW. 2006. Nr 22. S. 3—32. Ośrodek Studiów Wschodnich.
8. Moshes А. Kaliningrad: Challenges ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... Baltic region countries], Balt. reg., no. 2, p. 48—54. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5.
8. Klemeshev, A. P., Fedorov, G. M. 2004, Ot izolirovannogo jeksklava — k «koridoru razvitija». Al'ternativy rossijskogo jeksklava na Baltike [From an isolated enclave — a "corridor development". Alternative to the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea], Kaliningrad, Izdatel'stvo Kaliningradskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 253 p.
9. Klemeshev, A. P., Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M. 2011, O potenciale ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... dopgarantiyah SEZ residents of the Kaliningrad region], 2013, 24 July, RBK- RosBiznesKonsalting [RBC], available at: http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/20130724123754.shtml (accessed 12 August 2013).
12. Vinokurov, E.Yu. 2007, Teorija anklavov [Theory of Enclaves], Kaliningrad.
13. Gosudarstvennaja programma RF «Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj oblasti do 2020 goda» [Russian State program «Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad Region 2020»], 2013, available at: minregion....