Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Sovremennye problem nauki i obrazovaniya [Current issues of science and education], no. 1—1, p. 693—693 (in Russ.).
32. Pîrvu, R., Bădîrcea, R., Manta, A., Lupăncescu, M. 2018, The Effects of the Cohesion Policy on the Sustainable Development of the Development Regions in Romania, Sustainability, no. 10, 2577. doi: 10.3390/su10072577.
33. Masilevich, N. A., 2018, Implementing sustainable development strategy in Belarus at the regional level, Trudy BGTU [BGTU proceedings], 5: Economics and management, no. 1 (208),...
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... Socio-Economic Development of the Murmansk region to 2020 and to 2025: Government of the Murmansk region of 25.12.2013 № 768-ПП/20], 2013.
20. Strategija social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Pskovskoy oblasti do 2020 goda [Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of the Pskov region to 2020] rasporyazhenie Administracii Pskovskoy oblasti ot 16.07.2010 № 193-р [resolution of the Administration of the Pskov region on 16.07.2010 № 193-р], 2010.
21. Strategija social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Respubliki Karelija do 2020 ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
variantov razvitija regiona po prioritetnym vidam jekonomicheskoj dejatel'nosti [Scenario forecast of formation and use of labor resources of the Kaliningrad region, taking into account the relative cost-effectiveness of different options for the development of the region in priority economic activities], 2014, Report on research work, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
22. Federal'naja celevaja programma razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti na period do 2020 goda [The federal target program for ...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
... District by investment and innovation ratings, Nauchnyj jelektronnyj zhurnal Meridian [Scientific electronic journal Meridian], no. 4 (38), p. 276—278 (In Russ.).
3. Ilina, I. E., Zharova, E. N., Agamirova, E. V., Kamenskiy, A. S. 2018, Innovative Development of the Regions of Russia, Innovative development of regions, Regionologija [Russian Journal of Regional Studies = REGIONOLOGY], no. 26, no. 2 (103), p. 230—255. doi:
4. Markina, Ju. V. 2013, Features ...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... Baltic Sea Region], материалы международ-ной конференции. In: Fedorov, G. M., Emelyanova, L. L. (eds.), 2008, Migracija i social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie stran regiona Baltijskogo morja [Migration and
socio-economic development of the Baltic Sea Region], Kaliningrad, p. 56—75.
3. Emelyanova, L. L. Kretinin, G. V. 2008, Formirovanie Kaliningradskogo sociuma i problema migracii [Formation of Kaliningrad society and the problem of migration], Kaliningradskie arhivy [Kaliningrad archives], no....
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
The Baltic Sea region is one of the most developed and well-formed regions of international cooperation. It is a place for promoting collaboration between businesses, non-profits, public authorities, and municipalities of the countries located on the Baltic Sea coast and its adjacent territories....
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
... focusing on a varied spatial effect of expanding international trade on national economies and identifies factors affecting regional development. Firstly, it is established that expanding international trade is a more important source of growth for the regions of developing countries than for those of developed ones. Secondly, in terms of the regional impact of liberalisation, expanding trade has the most positive effect on border regions and those associated with lower cost of access to international markets....
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... a hypothesis about the prerequisites of their formation. The methodological framework of the research is an integrated case study. The article considers the processes of transboundary and transnational regionalisation in the countries of the Baltic region aimed at the development of international clusters. ‘International cluster’ is defined as a new form of spatial economy. The author identifies and maps organised international clusters and cluster initiatives in the Baltic Sea region countries. The international clusters ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... obosnovanija Territorial'noj kompleksnoj shemy gradostroitel'nogo planirovanija razvitija territorii Kaliningradskoj oblasti i ee chastej [The population of the Kaliningrad region. Demographic conditions justify territorial complex scheme of town-planning development of the Kaliningrad region and its parts], Kaliningrad.
27. Shuper, V. А. 2010, Pochemu ne proishodit szhatie social'nogeograficheskogo prostranstva [Why there is no compression of social and geographical space]. In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... 12 August 2013).
12. Vinokurov, E.Yu. 2007, Teorija anklavov [Theory of Enclaves], Kaliningrad.
13. Gosudarstvennaja programma RF «Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj oblasti do 2020 goda» [Russian State program «Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad Region 2020»], 2013, available at: minregion.ru (accessed 16 August 2013).
14. Zverev, Yu. M. 2010, The Kaliningrad region: the characteristics of the 2008—2009 economic crisis and possible ways of overcoming it, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 13—23. doi: ...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
... the Baltic Sea cooperation: the case of the European Union’s Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR), Regional Studies, Regional Science, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 340.
20. Zaucha, J. 2013, Programming development of the Baltic Sea Region, Studia Regionalia, no. 35, p.178—190.
21. Zaucha, J., Pyć, D., Böhme, K., Neumann, L., Aziewicz, D. 2020, EU macro-regional strategies for the Baltic Sea Region after 2020. A nutshell of beauty and possibilities, EUROPA XXI, no. 38, p. 5—30....
Improving Human Resource Training Policy for the Balanced Economic and Demographic Development of the Kaliningrad Region
Balanced economic and demographic development is vital for ensuring the dynamic and proportional development of the regions. However, Russia as a whole and the exclave region of Kaliningrad as its integral part demonstrate significant disproportions between the need for human resources and their availability. This article aims to assess the balance between the components ...
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... and Tourism, no. 2 (10), p. 153-172. doi:
21. Korneevets, V. S., Kropinova, E. G. 2010, The program of cross-border cooperation “Lithuania - Poland - Russia” for 2007-2013 in the formation of the cross-border tourism region of the South-Eastern Baltic and ensuring sustainable development of the territory, Vestnik Rossiiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. I. Kanta. Vyp. 7. [Bulletin of the. I. Kant Russian State University, Vol. 7.], p. 152—156 (in Russ.).
22. Kropinova, E. G. 2014, Project “Crossroads 2.0” in the ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
The article describes the motives, objectives and findings of preparing a perspective for territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region and discusses issues related to its implementation. Particular attention is paid to Northwest Russia and Kaliningrad region. Promoting innovation clusters, metropolitan networks and urban-rural partnerships, improving accessibility as well as enhancing ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... States Geographer, no. 34, p. 1—9.
18. Panorama on Tourism. Eurostat Statistical Book, 2008, European Comission, 96 p., available at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat (accessed 7 November 2012).
19. Spiriajevas, E. 2008, The Impact of Tourism Factor for Development of the South-East Baltic Coastal-Border Regions, GTG: GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosities, no. 2, p. 118—128.
20. Strategy of Lithuania‘s Tourism Communication and Marketing 2009—2013, Valstybinis Turizmo departamentas prie LR Ūkio ministerijos, 155 p.
21. Sustainable Development Strategy ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
... razvitija regiona po prioritetnym vidam jekonomicheskoj dejatel'nosti. BFU im. I. Kanta [Forecast Models of formation and use of labor resources of the Kaliningrad region, taking into account the relative cost-effectiveness of different options for the development of the region in priority economic activities. IKBFU], 2014, Goskontrakt № 02/2014 ot 24 nojabrja 2014 na vypolnenie NIR [Government Contract № 02/2014 of 24 November 2014 on the implementation of scientific research], Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal ...
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
... technological potential, and the achieved level of innovative activity in the Kaliningrad region as prerequisites necessary for the implementation of an innovative model of economy. This work identifies the problems of the research and technological potential development of the region, as well as a low level of development of the innovative activity in the Kaliningrad region in general and compared to the Baltic Sea region states. The authors also focus on the prerequisites for the development of research and technological cooperation ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... Cooke, P. 2001, Regional innovation systems, clusters and the knowledge economy, Industrial and corporate change, no. 10 (4), p. 945—974.
25. Czamanski, S., Czamanski, D. 1977, Industrial complexes: their typology, structure and relation to regional development, Papers of the regional science association, no. 38, p. 93—111.
26. Delgado, М., Porter, М. Е., Stern, S. 2014, Defining Clusters of Related Industries, NBER Working Paper, no. 20375, August 2014, available at: http://www.nber. org/papers/w20375 (accessed 02.11....
The system approach to modernisation and innovative regional development: strategic objectives
... the crisis on innovation in Russia: Theory and Reality], Region: ekonomika i sociologija [Region: Economics and Sociology], no. 2, p. 107—128.
12. Shekhovtseva, L. S. 2005, Upravljaemoe razvitie regiona: strategicheskoe celepolaganie [Manage the development of the region: the strategic goal-setting], Kaliningrad.
13. Shekhovtseva, L. S. 2007, Strategicheskoe celepolaganie razvitija regiona [Strategic goal-setting development in the region], Saint Petersburg.
14. Shekhovtseva, L. S. 2010, Teoreticheskie osnovy ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... informacii ob obstanovke v mirovom okeane» (ESIMO) [The official website for "Unified state system of information
on the world's oceans" (ESIMO)], available at: URL://www.russianports.ru /index.html (accessed 9.06.2015).
9.Merk, O. (forthcoming), 2013, Meta-analysis of Port Impact Studies, OECD Regional Development Working Paper.
10. Lachininskii, S. S., Semenova, I. V. 2015, Sovremennye podhody k issledovaniju transformacii jekonomiki ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... the economies of the NWFD regions. The authors propose a new method for the identification of the regional economic specialization on the basis of the reginal economy sectoral development rate. The article describes a methodology for identifying the development of the regional economic sectors using the ‘gross value added index’ calculated per capita and per sector against the national average. The article presents the analysis of the structural changes in the NWFD gross regional product. The proposed gross value ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
... Impact of International Organizations and Markets on Educational Policy Making. Basingstoke, pp. 40—56.
2002. Education, research and the Baltic Sea Region Building. In: Musiał, K. Approaching Knowledge Society in the Baltic Sea Region. Gdansk,Berlin, pp. 42—60.
2002. The Impact of Economic Factors on Development of the Knowledge Society. In: Musiał, K. Approaching Knowledge Society in the Baltic Sea Region. Gdansk,Berlin, pp. 24—41.
The Baltic Sea Region and the relevance of regional approaches. In: Maciejewski, W. The ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... economic entities that form clusters of excellence and ensure the competitiveness of the entire system. Identifying the key elements of territorial capital is a global challenge faced by modern regional policy. I analyse the background for, and limits to, the development of a spatially targeted regional development policy. Lithuania’s so-called valleys – integrated centres for research and business — are a possible way to embrace the approach that suggests concentrating resources on breakthrough areas, which makes it possible to put local ...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
... 1977, Sistema rasselenija v pol'dernyh rajonah Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Settlement system in the polder areas of the Kaliningrad region]. In: Narodnoe hozjajstvo Kaliningradskoj oblasti problemy i puti razvitija [The national economy of the Kaliningrad region and the development of problems], Kaliningrad, p. 86—93.
3. Gosudarstvennyj Arhiv Kaliningradskoj Oblasti [State Archive of the Kaliningrad Oblast], F. 183, Op. 5, D. 133, L. 11, 13.
4. Gosudarstvennyj Arhiv Kaliningradskoj Oblasti [State Archive of the Kaliningrad Oblast],...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... prirodnykh kompleksov Kaliningradskoy oblasti k antropogennym vozdeystviyam [GIS for assessing the vulnerability of natural systems of the Kaliningrad region to anthropogenic influences], InterKarto / InterGIS-20: Ustoychivoye razvitiye territoriy: kartografo-geoinformatsionnoye obespecheniye [InterCarto / InterGIS-20: Sustainable Development of Territories: cartography and GIS software], Materialy mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii [Proceedings of the international ...
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
This article examines policies of Moscow and Brussels in the Baltics since the launch of the European Union’s Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region in June 2009. An increase in the efficiency of Russia’s policy in the region requires not only the development of bilateral relations with the region’s countries but also a dialogue with the European Union, the key player in the Baltic. The author identifies Russian economic, military, political, and humanitarian interests in the region, and describes the structure,...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... the abolition of certain customs privileges planned for 2016 form the basis for the import substitution manufacturing and will significantly affect the conditions of regional economy development. Implementation of the Strategy for the Socioeconomic Development of the Region will contribute to the innovativeness of economy, its export orientation, development through an increase in labour productivity, and cooperation with both Russian and international partners. It will reduce the dependence of production on imported ...
Three development strategies of the Kaliningrad region (1991—2018)
After the demise of the USSR the Kaliningrad region became a Russian exclave, geographically separated from the rest of Russia by foreign states. The development of the region became dependent on external factors, including Russia’s political relations with foreign countries, NATO and EU. Geopolitical changes required adjustments in the region’s socio-economic development strategy. In the period of 1991 to 2018 ...
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
... vestnik jekologicheskogo obrazovanija [Astrakhan Vestnik Environmental Education], no. 3 (21), p. 61.
6. Gritsay, О. V., Treyvish, А. I. 1990, Centr i periferija: stadial'nye koncepcii regional'nogo razvitija [Centre and Periphery: stadial concept of regional development], Izvestija AN SSSR. Serija. Geografija [Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Series Geography], no. 4, p. 86—97.
7. Kotlyakov, V. М., Preobrazhenskiy, V. S. 1992, S chem my podhodim k rubezham novogo veka (o nekotoryh chertah mentaliteta otechestvennyh geografov) [What we approach the turn ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
This article considers the development of integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships in 1946—2016. The authors set out to identify the main results of Russian-Polish cross-border cooperation in the context of the changing historical and political paradigms in the Baltic region. The authors ...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
The Baltic Sea region is one of the most developed transnational regions. It comprises the coastal areas of Russia, Germany, and Poland and the entire territories of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. New spatial forms of international economic cooperation develop in the ...
The population of the Kaliningrad region and the digital economy: a sociological analysis
... regional digital transformation programme as part of the national initiative The Digital Economy of the Russian Federation. The programme seeks to improve the quality of life by creating information infrastructure and streamlining public administration. The regional Ministry of Digital Development has already presented an interim report on its implementation focused, however, mainly on the economic performance.
The study aims at conducting a sociological analysis of the region’s population as a participant in digital transformation....
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
... companies into the post-communist countries of the Baltic Region. Which, in its turn, allowed the Nordic investors to expand their domestic markets. The analysis also shows that the experience of private businesses proves a recent theoretical concept — the pyramid of regional development factors. As a result, the actual regional policy of the EU cannot be considered in the narrow sense of the Cohesion Policy alone.
1. Joenniemi, P. 2010, The EU strategy for the Baltic region: where are we now? Balt. Reg., no 2, 39—42. doi: ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... place branding policy is impossible without a precise understanding of the interests of stakeholder groups. It is essential to realize that each region is unique in its own way. Territories differ in the structure of stakeholders, their influence on regional development, and the range of leverages over regional decision-makers. This study aims to give a more precise definition of key groups of stakeholders in Saint Petersburg place branding, and to identify them. The authors employ the method of theoretical and empirical typology of ...
The role of transborder cooperation in the increase of innovative potential of the Baltic region
... aims at analyzing the role of cross-border cooperation in the development of innovation potential of the Baltic Sea Region. The author analyzes the projects in the framework of the Neighborhood Programs implemented in 2000—2006 and related to the development of innovation potential in the Baltic Sea Region, particularly in the South-East Baltic. The author makes the conclusion about the need to increase the share of innovative projects with the participation of the regions of North-West of Russia; actors fr om the Nordic countries, wh ere regional ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... journal], no. 2 (63), p. 164—167.
30. Fateev, V. S. 2012, Klastery, klasternyj podhod i ego ispol'zovanie kak instrumenta regulirovanija razvitija nacional'noj i regional'noj jekonomiki [Clusters, cluster approach and its use as a tool for regulating the development of national and regional economies], Jekonomika. Sociologija. Biologija [Economy. Sociology. Biology], no. 2 (131). p. 40—50.
31. Yasheva, G. А. 2012, Formirovanie mezhdunarodnyh klasterov kak faktor povyshenija konkurentosposobnosti jekonomik Rossii, Belarusi i Ukrainy ...
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
This article considers the current state and prospective development of the amber industry in the Baltic Sea region. The authors identify the main obstacles to the industry’s development in Russia — poor pricing mechanisms for raw amber, an imbalance between supply and demand, a slow pace of technological modernisation, and a delayed introduction of new ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... (in Russ.)
23. Shamakhov, V. A., Khodachek, V. M., Elsukov, M. Yu. 2016, Upravlenie sotsial'no-ekonomicheskim razvitiem i turistsko-rekreatsionnoi deyatel'nost'yu na federal'nom, regional'nom i mestnom urovnyakh: tipologicheskii podkhod [Management of social and economic development and tourist-recreational activities at the federal, regional and local levels: a typological approach], St. Petersburg. (in Russ.)
24. Fedorov, G. M. 1986, Karta Kaliningradskoi oblasti [The map of the Kaliningrad Region], Kaliningrad.
25. Fedorov, G. M., Mikhailov, A. S., Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2017, The ...
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... subektov Rossii [Spatial planning at the level of Russia], St. Petersburg, 296 p.
15. Sharygin, M. D., Nazarov, N. N., Subbotina, T. V. 2005, Opornyj karkas ustojchivogo razvitija regiona (teoreticheskij aspekt) [The reference frame of sustainable development of the region (theoretical aspect)], Geograficheskij vestnik [Geographic bulletin], no. 1—2, p. 15—22.
Northwestern economic district, spatial development, regional population distribution systems, forces of production, functional relations
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... innovative model of the Russian economy. One of the key objectives of the country’s integration into international research, technological, and innovative space is the development of Russia-EU cooperation in the Baltic region. It is established that, with the development of integration connections and regionalization processes, interorganizational networking takes on special importance in the organization and development of the innovative space. The authors analyze the existing typologies of forms of cooperation in the field of research, technology,...
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
The article describes the process and results of the geopolitical and geoeconomic changes in the Baltic Sea region at the turn of the XX and XXI centuries. The authors assess the political, economic and military potential of individual ... ... regular armed forces. The article stresses the importance of international cooperation in increasing the growth rates of economic development of all countries of the Baltic Sea region.
1. Gutnik, А. P. Kemeshev, А. P. (eds.) 2006, Baltijskij region kak ...
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... American Psychologist, Vol. 21, p. 1011—1018.
26. Promezhutochnyj otchjot o provedenii issledovanija «Region Baltijskogo morja v fokuse strategij razvitija Evropejskogo sojuza i Rossijskoj Federacii» [Interim report on the study, "The Baltic Sea Region in focus development strategies of the European Union and the Russian Federation"], available at: http://www.n-west. ru/wp-content/uploads/2000/02/Promezhutochnyiy-otchyot-issledovaniya_21.03.2012.pdf (accessed 16 August 2012).
27. Kirillova, O. V. (ed.). 2012, Redakcionnaja podgotovka ...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... migracionnaja politika Rossii: vpechatljajushhie itogi i novye problemy [New migration policy of Russia: impressive results and new challenges], In: Migracija i social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie stran regiona Baltijskogo morja [Migration and socio-economic development of the Baltic Sea Region], Proceedings of the International Conference, Kaliningrad.
10. Itogi Vserossijskoj perepisi naselenija 2010 goda [Results of the National Population Census 2010], 2011, Federal State Statistics Service of Russia, available at: http://www.gks....
Societal security in the Baltic Sea Region: the Russian perspective
... the Baltic Sea Region], St. Petersburg, Norma (in Russ.).
21. Selin, V.S., Vasiliev, V.V. 2010, Vzaimodeistvie Global’nykh, Natsional’nykh i Regional’nykh Ekonomicheskikh Interesov v Osvoenii Severa i Arktiki [Interaction of Global, National and Regional Economic Interests in the Development of the North and Arctic], The Kola Science Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Apatity (in Russ.).
22. Vvedenskiy, A. 2014, Innovation Infrastructure as the Key Element of Sustainable Venture Ecosystem in Russia, Baltic Rim Economies, 29 April,...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
... Z. T., Sushko, P. E. 2016, Social mobility in the context of migration biographies of Russians, Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological studies], no. 12, p. 95—104 (in Russ.).
2. Lyalina, A. V. 2019, The role of migration in the demographic development of the Kaliningrad region, Regional’nye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 4 (66), p. 73—84. doi: 10.5922/1994-5280-2019-4-6 (in Russ.).
3. Zotova, M. V., Gritsenko, A. A., Sebentsov, A. B. 2018, Everyday life in the Russian borderlands: motives and practices of ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... regional development], Novosibirsk, 369 p. (In Russ.)
37. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016, "Sea factor" in modern Russian economy (a socialgeographer's view), Nauchnaya mysl' Kavkaza, no. 2, p. 16—26. (In Russ.)
38. Strategy of social and economic development of the Murmansk region until 2025, 2010, Murmansk, available at:
(accessed 07.01.2017). (In Russ.)
39. Forecast of long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation until 2030, 2013, Moscow, available atL ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... influence on the condition of rural economy. Special attention is paid to the analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural territory development. The authors summarise conceptual and strategic approaches and actions of the Baltic region states in the field of sustainable development of rural territories. The article identifies objectives, common for the Baltic region, relating to sustainability of rural territories, including sustainable use of natural resource potential, diversification of production through support ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... eu/project-partners (accessed 20 September 2012).
20. ICTforHealth. Information Communication Technology, available at: http:// www. ictforhealth. net/index. php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid =27 (accessed 20 September 2012).
21. Complex development of regional cooperation in the field of open ICT innovations, KARELIA ENPI CBC, available at: http://www. kareliaenpi. eu/fi/teemat/cross-border-solutions/hankkeet/154-complex-development-of-regional-cooperation-in-the-field-of-open-ict-innovations (accessed 17 September 2012)....
The role of the Kaliningrad region in the development of Russian-German relations
... International Conference on Transborder Cooperation: the Russian Federation, the European Union, and Norway (September 22—23, 2011, Kaliningrad). The article considers topical issues of Russian-German economic and cultural relations in the Kaliningrad region, which facilitate the development of Russian strategy for the integration of northwestern constituent entities into the economic and cultural space of the Baltic region.
1. Demograficheskij ezhegodnik Kaliningradskoj oblasti 2010 [Demographic
Yearbook of the Kaliningrad region 2010],...
Twin cities: a new form of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region?
... cities it served not only as a means of survival in the difficult situation of the 1990s, but also as an experimental ground for new forms of crossborder cooperation. The authors arrive at the conclusion that this model proves to be promising for further development of integration processes in the Baltic region. This practice can be applied by Russian municipal, regional and federal authorities in promotion of cross-border cooperation not only in the Baltic region, but also in other regions of the country. Thus, influenced by the successful experience ...