The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... international coordination in tackling Covid-19 has complicated the situation of migrant workers, who suffer from the closure of borders and the absence of adequate social support. The article explores problems faced by migrant workers in the current crisis and proposes measures to alleviate them.
1. Ryazantsev, S. V., Bragin, A. D., Ryazantsev, N.S. 2020, Situation of labor migrants in the regions of the world: challenges of the COVID-19 pandemia and the response of governments, Nauchnoe obozrenie....
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
The European migration crisis has divided the population of Germany along the lines of the country’s migration policy and the attitude to immigrants. The antiimmigrant sentiment, supported by the rhetoric of the extreme right-wing parties and the criticism of current policies,...
The discourse of “European identity” in the conditions of the EU crisis
This paper considers the problem of European identity in the conditions of the current European crisis. European identity developed over a long time on the moral and political grounds. The author arrives at a conclusion about the need to reconsider the concept of European identity in the EU crisis conditions. European identity cannot develop in ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
... new evidence, Comp. Econ. Stud., vol. 56, no. 4, p. 556—566. doi:
2. Fadda, S., Tridico, P. (eds.) 2016, Varieties of Economic Inequality, NY, Routledge.
3. Liotti, G. 2020, Labour market flexibility, economic crisis and youth unemployment in Italy, Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, no. 54, p. 150—162. doi:10.1016/j.strueco.2020.04.011.
4. Verick, S. 2011, The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Labour Markets in OECD Countries: Why Youth and ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
This article considers the legitimacy of political regimes in the Baltic States by analysing three major parameters: confidence in political institutions, level of corruption, and the development of their party systems. The author identifies the major crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. The article stresses the problem of legitimacy reproduction resulting from the limited representation of the national party systems. Special attention is paid ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... Scientific Newsletter of the Union of Russian science cities], no. 1 (8), May, p. 4.
6. Gureeva, М. А. 2011, Jekonomicheskie problemy monogorodov v uslovijah mirovogo finansovogo krizisа [Economic problems of single-industry towns in the global financial crisis], Vestnik Rossijskogo Novogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Russian new university], p. 37-45.
7. Granberg, А. G. 2001, Osnovy regional'noj jekonomiki [Fundamentals of Regional Economy], Moscow, 495 p.
8. Azarzhevskaya, V. S. 2005, Sovremennye ...
The problem of education in the conditions of anthropological crisis
This article analyses the contemporary crisis of education in the context of modern civilization crisis. The author offers possible ways to overcome the educational crisis by altering a number of fundamental principles of the education system.
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... competitiveness factors of Central and East European countries, RUDN Journal of Economics, no. 1, p. 52—59 (In Russ.).
16. Knyazev, Yu. K., Kulikova, N. V. 2013, Debt burden of the countries of Central and Eastern Europe against the backdrop of the global debt crisis, Mir peremen [The World of Transformations], no. 2, p. 71—88 (In Russ.).
17. Kuznetsov, A. V., Khesin, Ye. S. (eds.) 2013, Ekonomika stran ES posle vvedeniya evro: ot ejforii 1999 g. do dolgovogo krizisa 2010-kh godov [EU member states economies ...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... novel coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission: A study of a family cluster // The Lancet. Vol. 395, № 10223. P. 514—523.
11. Pummerer L., Sassenberg K. Conspiracy Theories in Times of Crisis and their Societal Effects: Case “Corona”. PsyarXiv. URL:
(дата обращения 10.09.2020)
12. Šrol J., Mikušková E. B., Cavojova V. When we are worried, what are we thinking? Anxiety,...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
This article demonstrates the effect of the 2010s migration crisis has had on the demographic development of the European Union. Employing statistics and mapping, the study argues that the demographic development of EU states is not affected by either socioeconomic performance or religious, linguistic, and cultural ...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
37. Eurostat Population and social conditions — Asylum and managed migration, 2015, available at:
38. Ramishvili, T. 2016, Baltic Nations and the Continuing EU Refugee Crisis, available at:
39. Potemkina, О. Yu. 2015, The space of freedom, security and justice, Evropeiskii Soyuz: fakty i kommentarii, no. 80—81,...
The Neuchâtel Crisis of 1856—1857 and the British position
This article focuses on the reasons behind and the diplomatic aspects of the Neuchâtel crisis in Prussian-Swiss relations. The Neuchâtel crisis arose in the end of 1856 as a result of the Prussian territorial claims and interference in Swiss home affairs. The author examines the diplomacy of the leading European powers – mainly England ...
An assessment of the influence of economic crisis on the development of regions on the basis of integral current competitiveness index
This article is the first to suggest performing diagnostics and analysis of the influence of crisis phenomena on socioeconomic development of regionswith the help of an approach based on quantitative assessment of the current competitiveness of the region. The author offers calculations of integral development indices for three regions of three ...
International Migration in the Periods of Transition and Crisis: the Case of Latvia
... Latvia. Due to the country’s economic recession, migration has accelerated in the recent years. Empirical results show the response of the migration system to the changing internal factors and external influences in the times of transition and global crisis. Long-term emigration exacerbates the problem of demographic change in Latvia.
1. Apsite E., Krišjāne Z., Berzins M. Emigration from Latvia under economic crisis conditions // International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research.2012 ...
Euroregions as a factor of successful international integration in modern conditions
This article focuses on the correlation between the contemporary crisis phenomenon in the Eurozone and some CIS countries, and the existing Euroregions. We attempt to analyze the interdependence of the qualitative aspect of cross-border relations of European countries with their economic sustainability in the context ...
Global value chains in the age of uncertainty: advantages, vulnerabilities, and ways for enhancing resilience
In this paper, we seek to explain the fundamental vulnerability of global value chains (GVCs) to sudden shocks, as revealed by the COVID-19 pandemic crisis, and outline ways for enhancing their adaptability to the increased uncertainty at both conceptual and policy levels. We consider the concept and a typical multi-structural model of GVCs, highlighting the network complexity of the system of distributed ...
Russophone immigration to Finland: new forms, trends, and consequences
... i seichas [Russian-Speaking Finland: here and now], p. 103, available at:
Venajankieliset_Suomessa_ru. pdf (In Russ) (accessed 15. 09.2020)
20. Gadzhimuradova, G. I. 2020, Muslims in Europe: Identity crisis between “European” and “Islamic” values, Balkan Journal of Philosophy, vol. 12, no. 2, p. 133—138.
21. Kozhokin, E. M. 2017, On the protection of the rights of the majority, Polis. Politicheskie issledovaniya [Polis. Political research],...
From the Mediterranean to the Baltic: the problem of implementing the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum
The 2015 migration crisis significantly affected the EU’s area of freedom, security, and justice and challenged the cohesion and solidarity of the European Union. Although the crisis is past its peak, it is not over yet: problems and challenges associated with it persist....
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... irregular migrants and readmission, rules on border control, and rules on collaboration with third countries. The author pays special attention to analysing the current state of irregular immigration to the EU, which was dubbed the ‘greatest migration crisis in Europe’. The conclusion is that the European Union succeeded in the development of pioneering legislation on irregular immigration, which can serve as the basis for reception by other states. However, changes in the political and economic ...
Factors and risks of modern ecionomic dynamics: post-crisis tendencies in Russia
Russian economy is overcoming the crisis; its further restoration and growth depend on different factors: abrupt and not always predictable changes in the world economic situation, dynamics and fluctuations of oil prices, inflow and outflow of capital from financial markets, and other ...
Sea-industry complex as a reserve for overcoming economic crisis in the sea-shore region
The author substantiates the function of sea-industry complex in overcoming economic crisis and makes the forecast of project development
of this complex in the Kaliningrad region.
В., Коновалов А.
[и др.]. Подходы к стратегическому прогнозированию ...
Objective and subjective reasons for crisis of Russian economy
The article presents basic reasons of world economic crisis and their negative influence on economic development of Russia including Kaliningrad region. One could find substantiation of forming new financialeconomic model as long-term development program for Russia.
1. Макиавелли Н. Князь....
The non-realistic meaning of life as a determinant of personality development crisis
This article theoretically and empirically analyses the regularities of emergence and course of existential crisis caused by the acceptance and the attempts at implementation of non-realistic meaning of life.
Стратегия жизни. М., 1991.
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
... time, when Russian economic situation is obviously getting worse and capital flight (to the neighboring EU Member States) is likely to increase. The method of the study is comparative analysis of the impact on economic ties made by Russian-Estonian crisis of 2007 and the current international tension around Ukraine. The regional fossil fuel market and the possibilities of Gazprom involvement in its development are also analyzed. It is concluded that political motives are still important for Estonian ...
The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
... Petersburg to Moscow: 222 years later. Journey from St. Petersburg to Moscow in the 21st century (according to the results of the expedition 2013)], 2015, Moscow, 352 p.
8. Kotlyakov, V. М. 1995, Mirovoj krizis konca XX veka i geograficheskaja nauka [World crisis of the late XX century and geographical science], Saint Petersburg, 49 p.
9. Kolosov, V. А., Mironenko, N. S., Petrov, N. V., Treyvish, А. I. 1996, Rossijskaja obshhestvennaja geografija pervoj poloviny 90-h godov [Russian social geography of ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... of macro-geographical factors on communication behaviour of people in the course of transition to innovative economy through the example of the Baltic Sea region.
1. Dinamika razvitija jekonomicheskogo krizisa: Sweden [The dynamics of the economic crisis: Sweden], 2010, Informacionnyj bjulleten' Instituta Baltijskogo regiona RGU im. I. Kanta [Newsletter of the Institute of Baltic Studies of the Immanuel
Kant State University of Russia], I quarter 2010, Kaliningrad, p. 44.
2. Klimenko, N. А.,...
The Kaliningrad region: the characteristics of the 2008—2009 economic crisis and possible ways of overcoming it
This article analyses the causes of the economic decline in the Kaliningrad region in 2008—2009, which was sharper than the Russian average. The author suggests a number of measures aimed to mitigate the consequences of the crisis, expedite its termination, facilitate the return of economic growth and find solutions to social problems
стал первым по выпуску иномарок в России //
The Impact of COVID-19 on immigration: the transformation of Norwegian migration policy on asylum seekers
... Prevention, Science of The Total Environment, no. 728, 138882. doi:
10. Christensen, T., Lægreid P. 2020, Balancing Governance Capacity and Legitimacy: How the Norwegian Government Handled the COVID-19 Crisis as a High Performer / Public Administration Review, vol. 80, no. 5, p. 774—779. doi:
11. Schoefberger, I., Rango, M. 2020, COVID-19 and Migration in West and North Africa and Across the Mediterranean, Switzerland,...
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
... 2020, Fiscal Responses to COVID-19: Evidence from Local Governments and Nonprofits, Public Administration Review, vol. 80, no. 4, p. 644—650. doi:
20. Rose, R. 2011, Micro-economic responses to a macro-economic crisis: a pan-European perspective, Journal of communist studies and transition politics, vol. 27, no. 3—4, p. 364—384.
21. Janauskaitė, I., Tizenhauzienė, V. 2020, Karantino metu išaugo bedarbių skaičius — kritikuojama “patogi” pašalpų ...
Transformation of the institutional matrix of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania within the Russian Empire
The research focuses on the poorly studied process of a social system passing through a bifurcation point: birth and progress of a crisis — social collapse resulting in the disintegration of the society — recuperation via integration of a part of the disintegrated social structure into a new one. A fine example of such a process is given by the admission of a part of Rzeczpospolita ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... Covid-19 and trade policy: Why turning inward won’t work, VoxEU.org, available at:
(accessed 8 August 2020).
3. Pisch, F. 2020, Just-in-time supply chains after the Covid-19 crisis, VoxEU.org, available at:
(accessed 8 August 2020).
4. Imbs, J., Pauwels, L. 2020, A new measure of openness, VoxEU.org, available at:
The conflict of the intellectual and the boor in the plays by S. Mrożek “Tango” and A. Chekhov “Cherry orchard”
... in Chekhov's play “The Cherry Orchard” and in S. Mrożek play “Tango”. The comparative analysis of the works reveals the national, historical and social specificity of the conflict between the intellectual and the boor in the context of the crisis of modern Western civilization. The author concludes that the disintegration of the bourgeois ethos in Chekhov's metaphysical theatre is more than natural and the paradoxical reconciliation of the parties to the conflict in Mrożek's absurdistic ...
The later works of Boris Porshnev in foreign historiography
... Bauernbewegungen und der Entwicklung des Absolutismus in Mitteleuropa // Zeitschrift für Geschichtswissenschaft. 1965. Sonderheft 13. S. 71—83.
25. Hellie R. Enserfment and Military Change in Muscovy. Chicago ; L., 1971.
26. Hobsbawm E. J. The crisis of the seventeenth century // Crisis in Europe. 1560—1660. Essays from Past and Present. L., 1969. P. 5—58.
27. Hösler J. Die sowjetische Geschichtswissenschaft 1953 bis 1991. Studien zur Methodologie- und Organisationsgeschichte. München,...
The Anglo-Saxon traditions in the educational system: educa-tion as a commercial enterprise
... and Should Be. Berlin ; Boston, 2014. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.08.2016).
10. Flexner A. Funds and Foundations. Their Policies Past and Present. N. Y., 1952.
11. Herbst J. From Crisis to Crisis. American College Government. 1636—1819. Cambridge (MA) ; L., 1982.
12. Improving Measurement of productivity in Higher Education: Panel on Higher Education Productivity, Conceptual Framework and Data Needs. National Research Council ...
The Legal Regulation of the EU Immigrant Integration Policy
... the integration of immigrants into the host society. The current EU basic law does not give the Union the power to issue legislative acts aimed at harmonizing national rules for the integration of immigrants. However, in the aftermath of the migrant crisis in Europe, this problem has been receiving increased attention. I systematize legal instruments for immigrant integration, analyse the conditions of the system formation, emphasize trends in the policy development, and examine the formation of ...
Certain issues of correlation between the international financial law and the EU law
... financial law (IFL) and the EU law has become particularly vital in this integrational entity where a special legal system was created. It has been developing until now and carries the features of the both international and municipal law. Global financial crisis and subsequent sovereign debt crisis have substantially changed global financial architecture and led to a comprehensive reform of the financial branch in the EU. The author implementing systematic analysis and formal legal method as well as functional ...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... Directors as an internal mechanism of corporate governance, Korporatynye Finansy [Corporate finance], no. 4, p. 14—33. (in Russ.)
15. Kuznetsov, A., Chetverikova, A. 2009, Russian multinationals continue their outward expansion in spite of the global crisis, available at:
16. Kuznetsov, A. 2013, Global Expansion of Russian Multinationals after the Crisis: Results of 2011, available at:
The apologia of reason in J. Chr. Gottsched’s classicistic system: On the 250th anniversary of the philosopher’s death
This article revisits the ratio-centric system developed by the prominent exponent of the German enlightenment J. Chr. Gottsched (1700—1766). The authors examine the problem of the ontological argument in the context of the current civilizational crisis of consciousness, which arose against the background of the 20th century crisis of objectivist methodology of modern natural sciences. Such a methodology is incapable of solving the problem of an accurate description of the reality, in particular,...
Aspects of the ‘transcendental’ according to Kant and Husserl: Logos, matheme, metaphor
... Denken E. Husserls. Phaenomenologica 38, Haag: Martinus Nijhoff, 197 s.
2. Allison, H. 1983, Kant’s Transcendental Idealism. New Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press, 537 p.
3. Carr, D. 1997, „Krisis“ Husserla i Problema Istorii. [Husserl’s “Crisis” and a Problem of History], in: Metaphysicheskie Issledovania [The Metaphysical Investigation], № 3, St. Petersburg: St Petersburg State University, P. 214—241.
4. Carr, D. 1987, Interpreting Husserl. Critical and Comparative Studies. In: ...
Geography of European Migration
... successful adaptation], Geopoliticheskij zhurnal [Geopolitical journal], no. 1 (8), p. 104—109.
3. Bol'shova, N. N. 2009, Krizis «social'nogo gosudarstva» i massovaya migraciya kak vyzovy gosudarstvu-nacii v usloviyah globalizacii (na primere FRG) [The crisis of "social state" and mass migration as the challenges the nation-state in the context of globalization (in the example of Germany)], Vestnik MGIMO University, no. 5, p. 94—108.
4. Buchanan, P. J. 2002, The Death of The West. St. Martin's ...
EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Challenges and Perspectives of International Cooperation
....pl/resource/0f1a87ba-5ff2-48f4-80ba-c2f66dbd6360:JCR (accessed: 22.01.2016).
7. Bengtsson, R. 2016, Sweden and the Baltic Sea Region. In: Pierre, J. (ed.) The Oxford Handbook of Swedish Politics, Oxford, p. 442—461.
8. Brask, H. 2014, Governance crisis in the Baltic Sea region cooperation? April 24, available at: http://www.bdforum.org/hans-brask-governance-crisis-balticsea-region-cooperation/ (accessed 05.02.2016).
9. Communication From The Commission To The European Parliament, The Council,...
The modern historiography on the gender aspects of the history of the First World War
This article describes the major issues in studying the gender aspects of the First World War in modern historiography. Major topics of studies include women on the battlefield and on the home front, gender-specific propa¬ganda, and the crisis of masculinity. The author argues that the explanation of history of societies during and after WWI is incomplete without taking into account the gender aspects.
1. Асташов А. Б. Русский фронт в 1914 — начале 1917 ...
Isaac René Guy Le Chapelier and the Flight to Varennes: sum-mer — autumn, 1791
This article analyses the influence of the Varennes crisis on the balance of political forces in the National Constituent Assembly and Le Chapelier’s and other constitutionalists’ opposition to the radicals in the Assembly and in the streets in order to strengthen the position of the king and constitutional ...
Contemporary society as a post-industrial and technogenic one
... in the development of the concept – the use of only sociological and economic analysis and disregard of social philosophy. The author offers a scientific and philosophical substantiation of the technogenic development of society and the world, its crisis condition, and presents the evidence as to why contemporary society is a post-industrial and technogenic one.
1. Белл Д. Грядущее постиндустриальное общество. Опыт социального прогнозирования....
Rationality of acting and philosophical education
This article analyses the axiological features of the phenomenon of rationality of acting in the framework of social-philosophical and cultural discourse. The author identifies the functions of philosophical education in the conditions of system crisis of modern civilization. Philosophical education is considered as a means to increase rationality of thinking and acting.
1. Бохеньский Ю. М. Духовная ситуация времени // Вопросы философии. 1993....
Russia and the way out of the civilizational crisis: N. A. Berdyayev’s historiosophy and aesthetics
Berdayev’s works The New Middle Ages, The Meaning of History, The Crisis of Art help reveal the essence of the eschatological consciousness of the 20th century. The principal feature of New Middle Ages in European culture is proved to be the polarization of consciousness, which is most vividly manifested, according ...
The development of philosophical education and the problem of rationality
... socialphilosophical discourse. The author examines the process of development of philosophical education institution as a means to transmit the basic values of classical European rationality. The role of philosophical education in the resolution of civilization crisis is analyzed in the context of system approach.
Воспитание античного грека. М., 2001.
История воспитания в Античности (Греция). М., 1998.
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
... [Socio-economic geography: tradition and modern trends], Geograficheskij vestnik [Geographic Vestnik], no. 1, p. 17—25.
25. Shuper, V. А. 2014, Racionalisticheskoe mirovozzrenija v uslovijah krizisa racionalizma: vzgljad geografa [Rationalist ideology in a crisis of rationalism: a geographer's view], Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija. Vestnik Associacii rossijskih geografov-obshhestvovedov [Socio-economic geography. Bulletin of the Association of Russian geographers, social scientists], no. 3, p. 25....
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... key members of political elites in a plane crash resulted in a decrease in the network integration indices to the level of 2001—2005. On the whole, the network structure of Polish political elite is characterised by unstable dynamics relating to the crisis events of the past. However, it is established that the elites have a pronounced diaspora core and an unstable periphery; the share of businesspeople directly participating in political processes is decreasing, whereas ‘moral politicians’ usually ...
Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region
... kapitalovlozhenij k investicionnomu sotrudnichestvu [The EU and Russia: From direct investment to investment cooperation], Moscow, Nauka.
4. Kokorina, E. V. 2011, Ekonomicheskie krizisy v stranah Baltii i Pol'she: investicionnaja politika [The economic crisis in the Baltic States and Poland: investment policy], Vestnik Federal'nogo gosudarstvennogo uchrezhdenija Gosudarstvennaja
registracionnaja palata pri Ministerstve justicii Rossijskoj Federacii [Bulletin of the FBI SRC with the Russian Ministry ...