Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... Innovation and Entrepreneurship, OECD.
19. Czamanski, S., Ablas, L. 1979, Identification of Industrial Clusters and Complexes: a Comparison of Methods and Findings, Urban Studies, no. 16, p. 61—80.
20. Diaz, B., Moniche, L., Morillas, A. 2006, A Fuzzy Clustering Approach to the Key Sectors of the Spanish Economy, Economic Systems Research, Vol. 18, no. 3, p. 299—318.
21. Diaz, B., Morillas, A. 2008, Robust Statistics and Fuzzy Industrial Clustering. In: Forging the New Frontiers: Fuzzy Pioneers II, Springer-Verlag,...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... phenomenon], Jekonomicheskie nauki [Modern economic journal], no. 2 (63), p. 164—167.
30. Fateev, V. S. 2012, Klastery, klasternyj podhod i ego ispol'zovanie kak instrumenta regulirovanija razvitija nacional'noj i regional'noj jekonomiki [Clusters, cluster approach and its use as a tool for regulating the development of national and regional economies], Jekonomika. Sociologija. Biologija [Economy. Sociology. Biology], no. 2 (131). p. 40—50.
31. Yasheva, G. А. 2012, Formirovanie mezhdunarodnyh klasterov ...
Equivocality in Delineating the Borders of a Cluster: The Baltic’s Case
... cultural, organisational, technological, social, and cognitive proximities. The properties of a cluster as a form of networking warrants distinguishing between internal, external, thematic, and absorptive types of boundaries. The feasibility of this approach is tested in the Baltics’ national and regional clusters, with special attention being paid to the Latvian IT-cluster. Committed to economic clustering and glocal cluster interactions beyond national borders, the Baltics are an ideal case study for testing our model. Latvia’s mature IT-cluster is ...
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
... cluster-genesis process, factors of its acceleration and inhibition. The study focuses on the comparative efficiency of cluster forms for the development of the agro-industrial complex in the two regions in the global competition context. Given the methodological approaches to classical cluster studies, empirical material of both all-Russian and regional statistics, and data from real sector companies operating in the regions under study, the authors formed a bi-component model of cluster development for the agro-industrial complex ...
Cluster policy as a mechanism to increase regional competitiveness
Today, cluster policy is the most efficient tool to improve the competitiveness of territory economies. International practice offers a wide range of cluster policies. This article discusses different approaches to classification of cluster policies and emphasizes the advantages of cluster policy for achieving regional strategic goals.
1. Методические рекомендации по реализации кластерной политики в субъектах Российской ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... from one or several related industries. A concentration of strong connections within such network constitutes its core or a cluster. Based on a retrospective analysis of studies into the spatial organisation of economy, it is concluded that there is ... ... perspective of regional socioeconomic geography in the context of managerial decision-making. The regional economic geographical approach to studying network forms of spatial organisation makes it possible to take into account not only the organisational ...
Features of the development of an individual educational trajectory in the framework of cluster approach
This paper is devoted to the problems of contemporary Russian education system and solutions to them. The best way to respond to these challenges is the introduction of cluster approach into the education system. This work analyses the organization of interaction between the agents of educational process in the framework of traditional and cluster approach. It is stressed that cluster approach to organizing the training of specialists ...
Clustering and branding in the Baltic tourist destination
... international tourism in the world today has a special and very important role. It has often been noted that it influences the overall economic growth as well as social, cultural, educational well-being of each particular country. In this regard the new approaches in the tourism management become significant. Particular attention is paid to the promotion of cross-border tourism clusters that encourage mutual integration of the neighboring countries. Territory branding in this regard gains new perspectives for implementation.
1. Балтийское море в Германии. URL:
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... uniqueness of a territorial socio-economic system lies in the specific features of spatial networking of economic entities that form clusters of excellence and ensure the competitiveness of the entire system. Identifying the key elements of territorial capital ... ... policy. Lithuania’s so-called valleys – integrated centres for research and business — are a possible way to embrace the approach that suggests concentrating resources on breakthrough areas, which makes it possible to put local growth points on the ...
Regional-geographic approach to «tourist-recreational cluster»
The notion of «tourist-recreational cluster» is viewed as a new object of territorial organization of tourism adapted to modern conditions.The elements and features of tourist cluster, its structure, stages of establishment and ways of development are identified. The article also provides ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... industrial integration structures using single organizational production modules capable of rational combination and transformation of the elements of national production structure to create competitive transnational production associations, such as clusters and other production forms serving as ‘growth poles’ and becoming elements of the emerging framework for national production. This methodology makes it possible to develop new approaches, methods, and principles for analyzing the transformation of the national spatial and industrial system during economic transition. Current factors, features, patterns and trends in the transformation of national industrial systems are identified; ...
The cluster approach in tourism development in the Kaliningrad region
... one of the priority areas of economic development. The existing tourism and recreational potential, favorable climatic conditions, and a large number of cultural and historical sites should contribute to the effective development of the region. The cluster approach should become a catalyst for the development of tourism and hospitality industry, which makes it possible to employ a comprehensive approach to the territorial development.
1. Стратегия социально-экономического ...
Developing and managing an intercompany system of continuing education in tourism
This article presents a theoretical framework and methodology for design-ing a self-evolving system of continuing professional training in tourism based on an innovative educational process — active design — using the com¬petence-based and cluster approaches.
1. Новиков А. М. Методология образования. М., 2006.
2. Смирнов Д. В. Образовательный кластер как социокультурная среда до-полнительного ...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... Embeddedness, Status, or Proximity? // Economic Geography. 2015. № 92 (1). P. 35—60. doi: 10.1080/00130095. 2015.1094370.
14. Barca F., Mccann P., Rodríguez-Pose A. The case for regional development intervention: Place-based versus place-neutral approaches // Journal of Regional Science. 2012. № 52 (1). P. 134—152.
15. Bathelt H., Malmberg A., Maskell P. Clusters and knowledge: Local buzz, global pipelines and the process of knowledge creation // Progress in Human Geography. 2004. № 28 (1). P. 31—56. doi: 10.1191/0309132504ph469oa.
16. Caragliu A., Nijkamp P. Space and knowledge spillovers in ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... Decentralized industrial creativity in dynamic industrial districts // Technological Dynamism in Industrial Districts: An Alternative Approach to Industrialization in Developing Countries? : Papers and Synthesis of Discussions of a Symposium on Industrial Districts ... ... Neuchâtel, 1993. P. 392.
59. Keeble D., Wilkinson F. Collective Learning and Knowledge Development in the Evolution of Regional Clusters of High Technology SMEs in Europe // Regional Studies. 1998. № 33(4). P. 295—303.
60. Locke R. Remaking the Italian ...
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
... improve tools of competitiveness and management assessment of the country’s regions. It also requires the development of common approaches to sel ection criteria, competition indicators and assessment tools at the micro-, meso-, and macro-levels. This study ... ... and Stages of Economic Development, New York, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
3. Boronenko, V. 2009, Identification of actual clusters and the ir roles measurement in the development of regional competitiveness: the case of Latvia, Reģionālais ziņojums....
Theoretical analysis of fuzzy logic and Q. E. method in economics
... Therefore, it is plausible to apply contemporaneous Q. E. methodology in combination with the rationality and the behavioral approach. The fuzzy logic and the generator is the source of this mechanism for the production of the appropriate models.
... .... 2015. Vol. 281. P. 300—307. doi:
12. Klawonn F., Kruse R., Winkler R. Fuzzy clustering: More than just fuzzification // Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2015. Vol. 281. P. 272—279. doi:
Market forms of industrial production organisation as “growth poles” of the economy
... Hamilton, L. G. J. R. Chichester. N. Y. ; Brisbane ; Toronto, 1979. P. 155—186.
12. Gorkin A. P., Smirnyagin L. V. A structural approach to industrial systems in different social and economic environments // Spatial Analysis, Industry and the Industrial ... ... Concept of Growth Poles in Economic Policy for De-velopment: Selected Reading / ed. by T. Livingstone. L., 1971.
14. Porter M. E. Clusters and the New Economics of Competition // Harvard Business Review. 1998. November-December. P. 77—90.
15. Porter M. ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... of contemporary geoeconomic trends. The author examines the conditions and prospects for the formation of marine cross-border clusters in the key segments of Russia’s coastal zone.
1. Mechnikov, L. I. 1898, Tsivilizatsiya i velikie istoricheskie reki ... ... free trade zones, a case study, Ocean and Coastal Management, no. 54, p. 129—136.
20. Hilderbrand, L.P, Norrena, E. 1992, Approaches and progress toward effective integrated coastal zone management. In: Marine Pollution Bulletin, p. 94—97.
Territorial community local spaces
... author offers a typology of various forms of spatial networking and describes the main characteristic features of each type. It is substantiated that any form of spatial networking is based on territorial сommunity. The article describes a theoretical approach to studying the formation and transformation of a territorial community. There are different types of proximities within the territorial community: geographic, formative, dominant interaction and development proximities among others. Using clusters as an example the author proves that the formation of unique characteristics of various forms of spatial networking is defined by the essential features of the territorial community underlying them.
1. Балтийский регион как ...
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... polarization, which creates additional prerequisites for the inversion of the Russian economic space — ‘Russia of the physical space’ and ‘the economic space of Russia’. The study uses traditional methodology of economic geography (the territorial, cluster, and spatial approaches) and the geoeconomic approach developed by the authors. The article also addresses recent findings in regional economy and spatial studies. It is aimed at the development of the geoeconomic paradigm in the framework of social geography and ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
The authors propose an empirical analysis of the current situation in monotowns. The study questions the perceived seriousness of the ‘monotown problem’ as well as the actual challenges it presents. The authors use a cluster analysis to divide monotowns into groups for further structural comparison. The structural differences in the available databases limit the possibilities of empirical analysis. Hence, alternative approaches are required. The authors consider possible reasons for the limitations identified. Special attention is paid to the monotowns that were granted the status of advanced development territories. A comparative analysis makes it possible to study ...
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
... (In Russ)
5. Kovalev, Yu. P. 2011, The tourist and recreational potential and development of tourism in the Russian-Belarusian border zone, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 4, p. 133—143.
6. Korneevets, V., Semenova, L. 2013, The cluster approach in tourism development in the Kaliningrad region, Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 9, p. 153—159. (In Russ)
7. Kropinova, Е.G, Mitrofanov, А. V. 2011, The regional tourist cluster as tourism and recreation system ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... Feser, E. J. 1999, Cluster Morphology of Regions: Analytic Options. In: Bergman, E. M., Feser, E. J. Industrial and Regional Clusters: Concepts and Comparative Applications, available at:
(accessed ... ... Pilipenko, I. V. 2005, Factors and methods for increasing the competitiveness of countries and regions: an analysis of theoretical approaches, Regional'naya nauka, Collection of scientific papers, Book 1, Moscow, p. 101—105.
22. Porter, M. 1980, Competitive ...
Region as a Territorial System
Zu einer allgemeinen Systemlehre //
L. von Bertalanffy.
General System Theory — A Critical Review // General Systems.
region, system approach, cluster, territorial production complex, hierarchy of regions.
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... cluster of pneumonia associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission: A study of a family cluster // The Lancet. Vol. 395, № 10223. P. 514—523.
11. Pummerer L., Sassenberg ... ... Research. 2020.
36. Hedström P., Swedberg R. Social Mechanisms: An Analytical Approach to Social Theory. Cambridge, 1998.
37. Kittel B., Kritzinger S., Boomgaarden H. et al. The Austrian Corona Panel Project: ...
The institutional concept of territory marketing management
... minimization of the transaction costs as the objective of territory management. The authors substantiate the cybernetic and synergetic approaches to territory marketing.
Б., Качалов Р.
М., Нагрудная Н.
Синтез ... ... кластера на основе системно-интеграционной теории. 2009.
: http://www.kleiner.ru /Cluster%20STrategy. htm
Котлер Ф., Боуэн Дж., Мейкенз Дж.
Маркетинг. Гостеприимство ...
«Special» Socio-economic Regions: Conceptual Approach and Typology
... преодоление конфликтогенности. СПб., 2005.
'special', socioeconomic region, enclave/exclave, overseas territory, free/special economic zone, new forms of spatial economic integration, еuroregion, international production cluster.
A scenario approach to the strategic development of the fishing industry in the Kaliningrad region
This article examines scientific approaches to scenario planning and analyses the algorithm of business development scenarios. The authors summarise a vast array ... ... TAIDO methodology, problems of regional fishing industry, development scenarios, key variables, business lifecycle, fishing cluster, vertically integrated holding
In pursuit of an innovation development trajectory of the Kaliningrad region
... enhance the economic competitiveness of territories. An efficient regional innovation policy requires a territorial adaptive approach to the development of mechanisms for innovating socio-spatial systems. These mechanisms should take into account the ... ... research into their life cycle stages.
Mikhaylova А. А.
territorial innovation system, economic development, industrial cluster, innovation process, innovation economy, scientific and technological potential, system life cycle, innovation policy
Supranational Policy of Migrant Integration in the EU
... supranational policies of integrating third country nationals in the European Union and its major aspects and mechanisms. On the basis of statistical data and with the help of correlation analysis, the author identifies the key factors affecting a country’s approach to the integration of immigrants. These factors were used in conducting a cluster analysis, which made it possible to identify four groups of countries. The study showed that, despite the large-scale and positive EU policy, due to differences in the socioeconomic and demographic development European states adopt different approaches ...
Current Issues in the Geodemographic Studies in Russia
... comprehensive regional studies to the needs of regional strategic planning; the key features of geodemographic typology of Russian constituent entities; the need for a differentiated approach to geodemographic management in regions of different types. The cluster approach is used to identify types of Russian regions on the basis of both natural and migration-related change. The author identifies correlations between demographic and economic, social, residential, ethnic and environmental demographic indicators; ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... markets and the transition to the information society requires the management of modern organisations to develop new solutions and approaches to management. The development of network society suggests a transition to management in the conditions of growing ... ... Marketing. 1994. Vol. 58, № 4. P. 1—15.
3. Bek N. N., Bek M. A., Sheresheva M. Y., Johnston W. Perspectives of SME innovation clusters development in Russia // Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing.2013. Vol. 28, № 3. P. 240—259.
4. Benson ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... [Federal State Statistics Service], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 05 October 2010).
9. Musial, K.., (ed.). 2002, Approaching Knowledge Society in the Baltic Sea Region, Gdansk; Berlin.
10. Castells, M. 1997, The power of identity: the information ... ... Publishing Ltd.
11. Diamond, J. 2005, Guns, germs, and steel. The Fates of Human Societies, N. Y.
12. The role of Maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development in European maritime sectors, European Commission, available at: http://ec. europa....
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... Semenova, I. V. 2015, Sovremennye podhody k issledovaniju transformacii jekonomiki Sankt-Peterburgskogo primorskogo regiona [Modern approaches to the study of the transformation of the economy of St. Petersburg Primorsky region], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo ... ... 2013, Formirovanie portovo-promyshlennyh klasterov na territorii primorskih provincij KNR [Formation of the port and industrial cluster in
the coastal provinces of China], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 2 (40), p. 50—76.
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... scientists)], Moscow, 336 p. (In Russ.)
29. Druzhinin, A. G. 2014, Metropolitan and metropolization in modern Russia: conceptual approaches to political and geographical context, Izvestiya RAS. Seriya Geograficheskaya, no. 1, p. 19—27. (In Russ.)
30. Famoso,... ... klasteroobrazovanie v primorskikh zonakh Evropeyskoy chasti Rossii: faktory, modeli, ekonomicheskie i ekisticheskie effekty [Cross-border clustering in the Coastal zones of the European part of Russia: factors, model, the economic effects], Rostov-on-Don, 346 p. (In ...
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
1. Bannikov, A. Yu. 2015, Klastery kak novaja forma territorial’noj organizatsii khimicheskoj promyshlennosti Germanii [Clusters as a new form of territorial organization of the German chemical industry], PhD thesis, Moscow.
2. Vitkovskij, O. V. ... ... Pil’ka, M. E. 2014, Global’nost’ gorodov SShA s positsij korporativnogo podhoda [Global status of US cities from corporate approach], Ekonomichna ta sotsial’na geografija, no. 1 (69), p. 86—94.
13. Buckley, P. J., Ghauri, P. N. 2004, Globalisation,...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... Baltic region. The analysis shows three spaces that differ in the effect of the Baltic Sea on their territorial development. This approach proposes three definitions of the Baltic Sea region — a narrow, an extended, and a broad one, each serving a different ... ... Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 11—21. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-3-1.
15. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10.
16. Natsional'nyi atlas ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... the characteristics of a network as an economic category and emphasize certain similarities between Rus sian and international approaches to identifying interactions of economic systems based on the network principle. The paper focuses on the types of networks ... ... The External Control of Organizations: A Resource Dependence Perspective. New York : Harper and Row, 1978.
48. Porter M. E. Clusters and the new economics of competitiveness // Harvard Business Review. 1998. December. P. 77—90.
49. Porter M. E. Competitive ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... Nacional'nyj issledovatel'skij universitet «Vysshaja shkola jekonomiki».
7. Indikatory obrazovanija: 2011 [Indicators of Education: 2011], 2011, Moscow, Nacional'nyj issledovatel'skij universitet «Vysshaja shkola jekonomiki».
8. Klasternaja observatorija [Cluster observatory], available at: http://www.clusterobservatory.eu/ (accessed 22.12.2012).
9. Koncepcija dolgosrochnogo social'no — jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda. (Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 17.11.2008 ...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
This article analyses approaches to the definition of such categories as “scientific and technological potential” and “innovative potential” ... ... district) and EU states of the Baltic region. The experimental check suggests that the methodology be further improved for future clustering of Russian and EU regions according to the level of their innovative development.
1. Avdulov, A. N., Kulkin, А. ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... effective way of developing cooperation between border regions of Russia and the neighbouring countries. The author presents an approach that interprets cross-border tourist routes as an instrument for the conservation, reproduction, and promotion of natural,... ... Russ.)
13. Andreev, V. A., Ostropol’tsev, S. Yu. 2016, International transportation routes as a factor of the trans-border clusters emergence. Тhe Territory Of New Opportunities, The Herald of Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... theory of the development of modern societies], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
18. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10.
19. The national economy ... ... Makhzoumi, J., Chmaitelly, H., Lteif, C. 2012, Holistic conservation of biocultural diversity in coastal Lebanon: A landscape approach, Journal of Marine and Island Cultures, Vol. 1, no. 1, p. 27—37.
43. Metchnikoff, L. 1889, La civilisationet les grands ...